Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

If Biscuits had noticed Burton open and was about to start throwing at the exact moment that picture was taken, it would've been an easy touchdown.

He didn't notice until a bit after that picture, hesitated, and by the moment he was set and ready to throw, HHCD was already within arm's distance of Burton. It would have been, at best, a contested catch.

Because Burton pulled up (in the picture he's in the midst of doing so, and he moves only a yard or so further after that moment), Trubisky couldn't lead him with the ball. If Burton had kept running you could conceivably float an arc over to the right corner of the end zone.

The picture is still very funny though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lol

https://twitter.com/BrianMFloyd/status/1039912179883864064

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

(I didn't make this)

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Sep 12, 2018

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Perfection

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Josh Allen will be horrible but it's going to be a fun horrible. He also will likely play at the level of at least a really bad QB2, which is a major improvement from last week.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Docjowles posted:

(I didn't make this)

Sweet Jesus

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

quote:

McDermott did not think Allen was the right choice over Nathan Peterman a week ago and said, via Mike Rodak of ESPN.com, he will go “to my grave” believing that was the right call for the team.

Let's double down.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This is like every coach though. Wayne Hunter was one of the worst offensive linemen I've see play with my eyes. And yet, Super Bowl winning offensive line coach Dave DeGuglielmo...

quote:

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Lest there be any debate, as of now, Wayne Hunter is the Jets' starting right tackle. Seriously. Absolutely no debate. New offensive line coach Dave DeGuglielmo is willing to stake a lot on it.

"Until they tell me otherwise and until they ship him out of this building or until they shoot me dead in my office, that son of a gun is going to be my starting right tackle," DeGuglielmo said

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

I 100 percent believe Peterman is better as well because I saw both these guys in college

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Docjowles posted:

(I didn't make this)

:vince:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Mahomes2Hill has crossed my browser at least three times a day since Sunday but I still grin and watch it again anyway.

Looking forward to Mahomes not being completely shut down by Cover 2 and dunking on the Steelers defense next.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Excuse me?

https://twitter.com/mikerodak/status/1039933814406037512

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Kelvin doesn't care about things he can't eat. I wonder if he and Eddie Lacy watch animes together.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Man, I wanted Benji to be so good too. Oh well, he's yours now Buffalo, no take backs.

Edit: Part of me wonders if there is something seriously wrong with Benjamin right now. He seems off. Like, in a kinda hosed up kinda depression way, and as much fun as it is to pick at him, I hope he gets some help soon.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

quote:

McDermott did not think Allen was the right choice over Nathan Peterman a week ago and said, via Mike Rodak of ESPN.com, he will go “to my grave” believing that was the right call for the team.

If he keeps coaching like this than he might end up in the same shallow grave as Peterman.

waah posted:

Man, I wanted Benji to be so good too. Oh well, he's yours now Buffalo, no take backs.

Edit: Part of me wonders if there is something seriously wrong with Benjamin right now. He seems off. Like, in a kinda hosed up kinda depression way, and as much fun as it is to pick at him, I hope he gets some help soon.

I was actually really excited when they got him, because I thought he was really good in the redzone and I thought they needed a big WR. That said, Benjamin himself isn't depressed hes just making everyone else depressed.

pasaluki fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Sep 12, 2018

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Allen shouldn't be thrown into this mess. Sign Josh Freeman or something.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Football is great when you have to do mental gymnastics trying to justify Allen starting despite how bad the team is because "he has a big frame so maybe he can take the horrible damage that will be inflicted upon him!"

I think why McDermott named him starter is because he could not start Peterman in their first home game without fans just losing their poo poo.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Peterman is better than Allen right now. Let that sink in for a moment

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Play posted:

Peterman is better than Allen right now. Let that sink in for a moment

Apparently he isn't or they wouldnt have benched him.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Allen shouldn't be thrown into this mess. Sign Josh Freeman or something.
Funny you mention Freeman because at this rate Allen will end up with the same fate

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

cavallingus posted:

Funny you mention Freeman because at this rate Allen will end up with the same fate

no fate but what we make for ourselves

Play
Apr 25, 2006

pasaluki posted:

Apparently he isn't or they wouldnt have benched him.

Peterman was chosen to start week 1 because he was better than Allen, in preseason and practice. Personally I don't believe that magically changed in the space of one week. The only thing that changed is there is a lot more pressure to start Allen and McDermott is starting to worry about his future.

People are putting everything on Peterman when it was a team-wide failure through and through. The Bills will probably not lose this next game in quite so convincing a fashion and while that will be taken to mean that Allen is better, it doesn't mean it's true. We'll see though

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Play posted:

Peterman was chosen to start week 1 because he was better than Allen, in preseason and practice. Personally I don't believe that magically changed in the space of one week. The only thing that changed is there is a lot more pressure to start Allen and McDermott is starting to worry about his future.

People are putting everything on Peterman when it was a team-wide failure through and through.

You want it to be the one way, but it's the other way. By this metric Peterman was better than Tyrod pre-chargers

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Remember when Tom Savage was better than deshaun Watson in practice and preseason

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Jonathan Fisk posted:

You want it to be the one way, but it's the other way. By this metric Peterman was better than Tyrod pre-chargers

I don't want it to be any way because I don't care, I just think that Peterman is better and this decision to start Allen is a bit of desperation move. Comparing it to last year, it's more like Peterman = Tyrod (designated starter) and Allen = Peterman (guy who starts after bad performance from starter) if that makes any sense.

In any case Allen starting will make the game more interesting so I'm all for it

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
They're both poop and this won't make any difference.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I like the Savage Watson comparison better

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Allen looked decent in his spot duty. He's gonna get mauled by the pass rush but I'm still interested to see if he can hit some throws

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
They probably both look like poo poo in practice, but once you’ve started your rookie QB there’s really no going back until you’re ready to give up on them entirely. Might as well start the veteran on the off chance they somehow look better in-game, when that’s inevitably not the case it’s not really a big deal to move on to the guy of the future.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Allen looked decent in his spot duty. He's gonna get mauled by the pass rush but I'm still interested to see if he can hit some throws

I agree.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-bills-to-start-qb-josh-allen-in-week-2

Per PFF, Allen was actually the highest graded Bill in that game.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Every decision the Bills have made wrt quarterback the past year has been wrong

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean the only reason to start Peterman over Allen is if you think Allen isn't ready to start, so pulling Peterman after half a game because he's such dogshit that you can't put him out there means they should've signed someone else already.

I still think that means Allen shouldn't start though, so they pretty much should sign somebody/anybody that can suck respectably, and put them in. I don't know who that even is at this point (Tom Savage?) but I don't know why you even keep Peterman around for more then the week or two to get that setup at this point.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
I have huge reservations about starting Josh Allen under these circumstances, but after last week, I just don't see how you could do differently. Nathan Peterman performed like a player that has no place on a practice squad. Not even Sean McDermott, for all his faults, could seriously look his team in their eyes(or at himself in the mirror) and tell them that "Nathan Peterman gives us the best chance to win", because Nathan Peterman does not give you any chance to win. We would literally be better off with almost anyone else. Joe Webb? Probably. Paxton Lynch? Certainly. E.J. Manuel? Yes.
But it's too late for that. This team, this coaching staff, this front office, chose this path. Even when A.J. McCarron was hurt, they didn't bring in a different signal-caller. They were committed to what they had, and now all they have is Josh Allen. And so Josh Allen it must be, even if this is the path to ruin.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

N:

quote:

Aaron Rodgers called his injury a "sprained knee." He said he didn't take any pain medications on Sunday night because he doesn't like them. "There was a lot of adrenaline," he said, "and (it's) pretty sore the last three days." He said he feels "a little better every day." He said he did not practice at all today and stayed at the stadium for treatment.

V: No drugs huh?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

DVOA is up and the J-E-T-S are currently the best team in football: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2018/week-1-dvoa-ratings

The Lions have also had the worst first game of the 2000's... except for the Bills.

They also think the Bills have the 1.2% chance of going 0-16, no team has more then a 0.2% chance of 16-0.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/BairNBCS/status/1039950123231375361

This isn't a bad pick-up at all.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/bylindsayhjones/status/1039949913667203072?s=19

Raidazzzz

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Marshawn's excuses just getting lazier and lazier

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/1039952432686608384

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I honestly think the only reason McDermott isn't making Peterman start this week is because he knows that Peterman is going to get booed coming out of the tunnel on the home opener unless you have your defense come out first.

And then Peterman gets booed the second he comes on the field.

Josh Allen might be lucky enough to throw an interception or two before the boo birds come out.

• Locked thread