Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

if sarandon can single handedly topple a billion dollar compaign backed by basically every celebrity alive, well.... i wouldn’t wanna get on her bad side. david, neera, et al better watch themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
ah, so she's cool. That's why they don't like her

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Why is it not cool to say trump and Hillary are pretty much the same. Do they both not want the exact same things?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The_Rob posted:

Why is it not cool to say trump and Hillary are pretty much the same. Do they both not want the exact same things?

There are differences. For instance, Hillary promised to start a war with Russia in Syria

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Skwirl posted:

On the one hand, Susan Sarandon was absolutely wrong to say Hillary Clinton was exactly the same same as Donald Trump, on the other hand Hillary Clinton and her campaign staff are more to blame for her loss than anyone else.

she was right, actually

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

The_Rob posted:

she would have been more polite on social media while locking up latinos, cutting taxes for the wealthy, promoting more endless wars, etc

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The_Rob posted:

because even if they're both complete garbo Hillary wasn't going around playing to straight up neo-nazis and promising to take america back from the savage browns for them.

Like, yea, she did it more subtly by saying it was cool/good she sent kids back at the border but come on there is a difference between status quo systematic bigotry and Trump.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

sexpig by night posted:

because even if they're both complete garbo Hillary wasn't going around playing to straight up neo-nazis and promising to take america back from the savage browns for them.

Like, yea, she did it more subtly by saying it was cool/good she sent kids back at the border but come on there is a difference between status quo systematic bigotry and Trump.

Not really, trump is at least open about it rather than hiding it.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

The_Rob posted:

Not really, trump is at least open about it rather than hiding it.

And Trump's being a loudmouth pig about it at least draws attention to the problem, unlike Hillary's (and Obama's) quiet efficiency that lets people sleep easy at night ignoring the issue.

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

sexpig by night posted:

Also, she prob would have nominated bloodless centrist judges instead of rightwing lunatics. But, she would have been unable to get any of those judges through congress.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
this is like in the Harvard show where Will had to say 'no, if you actually think Obama was worse than Bush you're just trolling people'. Clinton sucked and woulda been a bad prez but no the dude appointing Heritage Foundation selected lifetime judges and telling us kneeling black people are a strong national danger and nazis are actually fine and cool is worse to let lead.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I've found it, the best account

https://twitter.com/dogeinist/status/1039998095113650176

It's like Nazi dril

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

this is like in the Harvard show where Will had to say 'no, if you actually think Obama was worse than Bush you're just trolling people'. Clinton sucked and woulda been a bad prez but no the dude appointing Heritage Foundation selected lifetime judges and telling us kneeling black people are a strong national danger and nazis are actually fine and cool is worse to let lead.

Yeah, no way Obama would have given the reins to greasy vampire stooges from big banks. Hank Paulson, Timothy Geithner, Larry Summers, Rahm Emmanuel (who, at Matt Taibbi famously put it, would blow a corpse for a cheeseburger), Micahel Froman and others I'm forgetting? Would never happen.

US politics are like a train. You maybe be in the nice car with polite frifters or the rough car where they yell at you the while way, but the rail leads to the same place.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Sephyr posted:

US politics are like a train. You maybe be in the nice car with polite frifters or the rough car where they yell at you the while way, but the rail leads to the same place.

So many Americans view the government as illegitimate.

Yet, so few anarchists.

:sigh:

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Die Sexmonster! posted:

Yet, so few anarchists.

They lust for subjugation.

Anyway, for most people in America, they are the same party when it comes to the wealthy, handouts to the military, and criminal justice. Similar enough on immigration prior to the last year, and yet the Democrats still can’t distinguish themselves now.

All of these ideas w widespread support that they reject. Legal marijuana at a federal level. Taxing the rich to provide for schools and roads. Medicare for all. They continue to just be “well, we’re not THAT guy.”

Boywhiz88 fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Sep 13, 2018

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Die Sexmonster! posted:

Yet, so few anarchists.

Boywhiz88 posted:

They lust for subjugation.

Generally, Americans aren't opposed to autoritarianism, they just want to be ruled by authoritarians they agree with.

A tangent, but I was just thinking of how surprised I was when I found out Dilbert author Scott Adams was pro-Trump. I hadn't paid attention to him in years and wasn't aware of his MRA shtick, but I assumed that a guy who made a comic about how much it sucked to work under an evil, stupid boss (and capitalism in general (sort of)) would be opposed to Trump. But Scott Adams' philosophy seems to be that the problem with our institutions isn't that they concentrate too much power in too few hands, rather that it's simply a matter of the wrong people being in charge.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
scott adams is a prime example of the right just being mad at capitalism

I feel like "these people are just mad at capitalism" has become a constant refrain for me, they ascribe ills to their lives that are the fault of some other, like immigrants taking their jobs or something, without realising that it's a natural outcome of capitalism to exploit and underpay

none of these people can think systemically, it's all other people out there trying to destroy their way of life, not their way of life being fundamentally toxic

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Listening to the recent live episode, I have an almost begrudging respect for Amber’s ability to grind everything to a halt and suck the air out of the room while everyone knows better than to confront her for her jokes bombing.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Except she was the one keeping it going while everyone else was bombing.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

red19fire posted:

Listening to the recent live episode, I have an almost begrudging respect for Amber’s ability to grind everything to a halt and suck the air out of the room while everyone knows better than to confront her for her jokes bombing.

The_Rob posted:

Except she was the one keeping it going while everyone else was bombing.

Humorously, both of these are true.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Amber > Will > Matt > Felix > Virgil

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Biomute posted:

Amber is the greatest chapo. Mostly because she pisses off all the worst people on the internet.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Amber is the greatest chapo. Mostly because she pisses off all the worst people on the internet.

Her saying "the only true song parodies are about being gay with your dad" a smattering of cheers was great.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Biomute posted:

This is kinda funny because what I like about Amber is also what I like about Felix, thry both are willing to throw out a dumbass joke just to see if they like it & don’t really worry if nobody else in the room laughs. They both do a good job of keeping everyone else grounded that they’re doing a podcast, not speaking to congress.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Chakan posted:

This is kinda funny because what I like about Amber is also what I like about Felix, thry both are willing to throw out a dumbass joke just to see if they like it & don’t really worry if nobody else in the room laughs. They both do a good job of keeping everyone else grounded that they’re doing a podcast, not speaking to congress.

Yeah, agreed. Felix does this too, but the jokes are usually too CumTown-esque for me. I mean, I like all of the chapos, but Amber and Will are the adults in the room and I prefer that. Matt's anger works if I agree with him, but can be tiresome if I don't. Felix's gamer manchild persona does not read to me as funny, probably because I am one myself, but I enjoy his impressionistic takes. Virgil is the most flexible chapo, being able to take on any role, but that means he's got the least clear identity and I sometimes can't tell if it is him or Matt talking.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
I like all the chapos pretty equally tbh

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

matt > everyone else

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

40-Degree Day posted:

matt > everyone else

correct.

the only bad thing about amber was her new jim crow take. she rules apart from that. she's great on cum town.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Matt way overdoes it sometimes, especially on this last live episode

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Matt's just trying to live down the time he passed out on stage.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

I like all the chapos pretty equally tbh

yea they all kinda have their own 'thing' and it works well as a group for the most part. Sometimes you get poo poo like Matt shouting that the first video game 'easter egg' was a self-suck and Amber has to go 'no dude shut up for a second' but mostly you just get jokes about how the Space Force is like lovely Halo and we need to take a harsh soviet approach to bad ideas from leaders or else Trump's gonna put a nuke silo on mars.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Biomute posted:

Virgil is the most flexible chapo, being able to take on any role, but that means he's got the least clear identity and I sometimes can't tell if it is him or Matt talking.

What?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

He has voice autism

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Yeah, probably. Like, Virgil is higher pitched and sardonic or reasonable, while Matt is lower pitched and angry or sarcastic. Virgil lies somewhere in between and is all of those things, so sometimes I get confused. :shrug:

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

I assumed he meant Virgil or Matt's influence on Virgil

Although I will freely admit at not being able to tell the difference between Virgil or Felix.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
I swear, you people

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

correct.

the only bad thing about amber was her new jim crow take. she rules apart from that. she's great on cum town.

Whats her new jim crow take?

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Everyone should have clear silhouettes and distinct voices, like our cartoon and video game characters.

Unfortunately, with the exception of Virgil and Amber they're all pretty floursack-shaped.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Matt tried Fortnite on the twitch stream last night and instantly got PTSD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ron Jeremy posted:

Whats her new jim crow take?

Was she the one who basically just agreed with that professor who said it was kinda reductive because it just focused on saying 'hey, Jim Crow was bad, right? Well this is JUST LIKE IT' without actually providing actionable solutions deeper than 'we all agree literal Jim Crow and slavery was a bad thing right? So we shouldn't do that!"