Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
"Shazam!" is now what Billy Batson's abusive father used to say when he beat him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Aquaman needs to be fun, Guardian of the galaxy style. An adventure under the sea with fantastic locations and creatures

If it's an overserious melodramatic narrative of how the atlanteans are suffering in atlantis and brooding aquaman poo poo it's going to fuckin suck. And the actor for Aquaman is very limited so I don't know what they're gonna do with him

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
It occurred to me yesterday that Momoa was born to play Lobo and it made me sad(even though I'm not a huge Lobo fan) that it will never happen now.

He'd barely need to act

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Finally something definitive on this Cavill/Superman poo poo
https://www.instagram.com/p/BnpPIrmFN9n/?hl=en&taken-by=henrycavill

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Zzulu posted:

Aquaman needs to be fun, Guardian of the galaxy style. An adventure under the sea with fantastic locations and creatures

If it's an overserious melodramatic narrative of how the atlanteans are suffering in atlantis and brooding aquaman poo poo it's going to fuckin suck. And the actor for Aquaman is very limited so I don't know what they're gonna do with him

If it's not Ragnarok Underwater then I don't know what they're thinking

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

It occurred to me yesterday that Momoa was born to play Lobo and it made me sad(even though I'm not a huge Lobo fan) that it will never happen now.

He'd barely need to act

I felt that way about Jeffrey Dean Morgan about 15 years ago.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://twitter.com/ComicBookNOW/status/1040328144035749889

... Yayyy.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Sony is so bad at this.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Why. It's an action/horror movie.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Why. It's an action/horror movie.

Some moron in a suit looked at a chart.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
the marketing for this is scientifically designed to reduce what little interest i had in this movie every time they release something its amazing

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Affleck's out according to NY Post
https://nypost.com/2018/09/12/ben-affleck-out-as-dcs-batman-following-henry-cavills-rumored-superman-exit/

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Affleck's in and out so often he's gonna impregnate the DCU.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Sony is so bad at movies, when are they going to quit and stick to consoles?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That NYP link also cites THR as a source so grain of salt.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
lol

turd in the wind is right

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

"Oh, that other Superman and Batman were from an evil universe and we locked them up. We're the REAL Superman and Batman!"

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

"Oh, that other Superman and Batman were from an evil universe and we locked them up. We're the REAL Superman and Batman!"

that never works out well

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Jon Hamm would make a good Reed Richards. Or David Duchovony.

Gaunab fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Sep 14, 2018

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
hear me out, what if they don't recast batman and superman, but just replace them with similar heroes like Oliver Queen and Supergirl? Like a cinematic universe anchored by Green Arrow, Supergirl, and the Flash?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

AngryBooch posted:

hear me out, what if they don't recast batman and superman, but just replace them with similar heroes like Oliver Queen and Supergirl? Like a cinematic universe anchored by Green Arrow, Supergirl, and the Flash?

That would never work in any medium, especially television.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

AngryBooch posted:

Yeah right, you need A Listers like the Avengers to lead a cinematic universe! :haw:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Soul Glo posted:

that never works out well

Please don't speak poorly of the mayor of Knoxville County, TN.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Gaunab posted:

Jon Hamm would make a good Reed Richards. Or David Duchovony.

Jon Hamm would make a good David Duchovny.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The MBJ stuff keeps coming up everywhere I look and this one dude is so fiercely against it that his racism is leaking through and he keeps saying that WB is "dangling a negro" and I'm like, this is a lynching metaphor isn't it?"

This fandom is freaky.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rhyno posted:

The MBJ stuff keeps coming up everywhere I look and this one dude is so fiercely against it that his racism is leaking through and he keeps saying that WB is "dangling a negro" and I'm like, this is a lynching metaphor isn't it?"

This fandom is freaky.

I think it’s just a super racist way of saying they’re pandering

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well that as well hut he just kept using the phrase over and over again so it was getting uncomfortable.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

He should not work with children, full stop, and all the films he were put in were with children. If you want to do his a solid get him a job at manufacturing plant or something

was that guy *checks IMDb*, the "Annoyed Mandarin Guard", in any scenes with the kid? I don't think so Tim. So, logically, he would not have been on set at the same time as the kid.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Maybe. He is good friends with the director of the movie.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/MCU_Tweets/status/1040662119799242759?s=19

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

gently caress. Yes.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

drat I only watch the today show

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

i know next to nothing about captain marvel beyond broad strokes, but i'm extremely hyped for it? i like me some brie larson.

this also kicks off marvel's 2019 season, so :toot:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

We lost all the jizz emotes so sadly I cannot accurately respond to this.

There's enough time for a million Captain marvels to be out for halloween too.

I saw on FB a comment "I don't want to see a Black Superman because destroying your own planet for short term gain is the whitest thing ever".

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

twistedmentat posted:

[...] a million Captain marvels [...]

Captains Marvel

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Bruceski posted:

Captains Marvel

No, it’s one captain performing a million marvels.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Phylodox posted:

No, it’s one captain performing a million marvels.

No, that's Captain's Marvels

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

CzarChasm posted:

No, that's Captain's Marvels

No, that’s Kirk’s back issues of Shazam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

While I’m 99% sure that the leaked call sheet is real, I don’t see any such announcement on Marvel’s or GMA’s official social media channels. I assume this is just a fansite annoyingly abusing the term “official” for attention.

But this will most likely be moot tomorrow when we get the actual announcement, so forgive my pedantry.

• Locked thread