Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I threw up outside the bar that's 2 ft off post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2018/09/06/fired-osan-colonel-demanded-dog-park-at-her-quarters-investigation-found/

:laugh:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

A $6,000 dog park seems like a really stupid reason to wreck your career.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Doomed by the worst crime a full bird can commit: inconveniencing multiple generals.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
How much did the investigation cost

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

As far as misspending of tax dollars and corruption, that doesn't even move the needle on the scale.

What a way to gently caress a career. :laffo:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
gently caress the range
gently caress the army
gently caress lieutenants
gently caress SNCOs
gently caress me

I did this to myself by joining and worsened it by volunteering.

Strangely, fort Irwin has been the last lovely thing about this whole situation.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

FrozenVent posted:

A $6,000 dog park seems like a really stupid reason to wreck your career.

My group commander now lives in that unit. I had to go up there to set up his STE and walked through the "dog park" to get to his front door. It really is inconvenient. So stupid to lose your career over like 5 square yards of dog running space.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

dscruffy1 posted:

My oldest niece is going through JROTC in high school and last I heard she wanted to Army pretty hard. She doesn't want to go Air Force since "it's too cerebral". I talked to my parents last weekend and now it sounds like she wants to go Marines, which oh my.

Huh, I was Army JROTC all through HS, it was fun, and convinced me NOT to enlist. Though my family -- Dad and his older brother being former SF in southeast Asia (Dad was in Vietnam, my uncle hinted to him about being involved in classified poo poo in Laos and Cambodia), and that uncle's son being a Ranger (as he tells it, the first American soldier to hit the ground in Panama in Just Cause) and hearing their war stories may have been a factor.

(I did it because it counted for the athletics/band requirement, got a letter jacket even)

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
LMAO two NCOs with like 30 years combined knowledge did not call in a range hot all goddamn day so range control is now uber pissed.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

I think my cousin's vacation story fits here. It's military related, I swear.

During a long night bar-hopping in Spain, he got abandoned by his friends. Lost and very hosed up, he walks down the street in what he hopes is the right direction. Didn't get far, faceplanted on the first curb he tried to climb. Two front teeth knocked out, a broken nose, and two black eyes.

Mind you all of this happens in front of the bar he just left.

They call an ambulance but the police show up first and arrest him. Someone had been walking up and down a nearby street on top of the parked cars. I guess the Policia just grabbed the first bloody, unconscious tourist they could find.

He went to court for that. Lost, too. Six months deferred sentence with a polite request to go back home.

The reason for the vacation in Spain was a little party before his conscription into the Bundeswehr. That got him in trouble later. The military wanted a good reason for a draft deferment. Medical board took one look at his hosed up stump teeth and said, "Nope". This is during the very last year of miltary conscription in Germany, so they just let him off the hook entirely.

There are two lessons here: Rubber curbing outside bars is a good idea. Also, smile real wide during medical examinations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I would guess that just ravaging your rear end in a top hat with an oversized dildo right before inspection would be a much more fun and less permanently damaging way to flunk inspection.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

I would guess that just ravaging your rear end in a top hat with an oversized dildo right before inspection would be a much more fun and less permanently damaging way to flunk inspection.

Smart money goes in with a pony-tail buttplug.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

madeintaipei posted:

Smart money goes in with a pony-tail buttplug.

That just gets you a 96B.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Midjack posted:

That just gets you a 96B.

poo poo, they made me cavalry because of it.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Thump! posted:

poo poo, they made me cavalry because of it.

:cripes:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Trailblazing female who became infantry Marine is getting kicked out for fraternization

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Marines hand out frat charges for E5 and below hooking up with each other? :wtc:

i mean i guess this was a senior/subordinate situation, but it's also the bottom half of junior enlisted loving each other. if she was an SNCO loving an E1, maybe, but still this is really loving dumb and sounds like someone looking for an easy way to railroad her out.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Wow I guess we were all WAAAAY slicker than I thought to get away with all that poo poo.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Could be that the higher-ups just wanted an excuse to get rid of her* and this was technically legit, even if it was a dumb enforcement.

* Not necessarily implying sexism, they could also just not like her or some poo poo, but this is the "sweep massive amounts of rape under the rug because they're ~good service members~" US military we're talking about here.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

She was boning Pvt Double Standard

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

She even married the guy, so it's not like it was just some fling. This screams that they just wanted to get rid of her and were looking for any excuse.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The Marines aren't used to the women having sex willingly and it scared them.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

chitoryu12 posted:

Goldmine

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

When that happens in the AF, they seem to just move the senior or subordinate to a different chain of command so there's no conflict of interest, no biggie/problem solved. With those dropped adultery & larceny charges I wonder what the real issue is

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Yeah I thought the normal thing to do was for to just get raped till she taps out.
This seems somewhat more respectful.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

chitoryu12 posted:

:kiss:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

chitoryu12 posted:

:stonklol:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

chitoryu12 posted:

Jesus christ

movax
Aug 30, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

:golfclap:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

dang

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

drat

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Drat

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
By Odin’s beard!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Estì

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

chitoryu12 posted:

Semper Stuprosus

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Oohrah ooohnooo

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

:perfect:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

chitoryu12 posted:

Taaaabaaaarrrrnaaaak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

chitoryu12 posted:

Wow!