Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

If I played a healer I think I'd be pretty bummed feeling like all my gear was always just "caster gear but colored white."
There's plenty of stuff that looks good in white, I currently have the sweater on SCH, thav bustier on AST, and Republican chest piece on WHM. The Republican gear's model is even healer exclusive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Asimo posted:

While nobody but me shall care, I finally gave into my fantasia addiction.

Yes, yes this will do.

Roegadyn are good.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Vermain posted:

The emote's the dainty arm-swinging, head-bobbing move you sometimes see Tataru doing.

Welp, goodbye money

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

isk posted:

4.4 Tomestone gear

I love the tank set. Everything else, bar the tonfa, is pretty meh.

Asimo posted:

Yes, yes this will do.

Very good choice.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
Very disappointed in the new gear previewed for this patch, tome gear looks real uninspired and bland and the other set showed earlier is just a dull recolor of an old set. :(

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I'm very curious to see how the tank gear looks in black. Because I'm a dark knight and everything has to be black.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Algid posted:

There's plenty of stuff that looks good in white, I currently have the sweater on SCH, thav bustier on AST, and Republican chest piece on WHM. The Republican gear's model is even healer exclusive.

Missing the point. Yes, white gear can look good, but they don't want just white caster gear to be the default style each time for healers.

Asimo posted:

Yes, yes this will do.

Yes, yes. Just so.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Mordiceius posted:

I'm very curious to see how the tank gear looks in black. Because I'm a dark knight and everything has to be black.

if a drk isn't wearing black or an rdm isn't wearing red then honestly what's the loving point

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Found Shire gear to be underwhelming, waiting to pass judgment till I see the 4.4 stuff in game. As is, it seems to be another take on Ironworks, might have some cool visor effects or take well to dyes.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

if a drk isn't wearing black or an rdm isn't wearing red then honestly what's the loving point

no no you got it all wrong, dark knight just needs to wear DARK colours, not necessarily black, other classes with the color in their names needs to of course dye their gear accordingly or risk possible ban

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Choyi posted:

no no you got it all wrong, dark knight just needs to wear DARK colours, not necessarily black, other classes with the color in their names needs to of course dye their gear accordingly or risk possible ban

Except for black mage which of course needs blue robes and yellow hats

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Except for black mage which of course needs blue robes and yellow hats

only as long as they use full face paint in black and have yellow eyes

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Asimo posted:

One of us, one of us!

Choyi posted:

only as long as they use full face paint in black and have yellow eyes

Blackmageface is not cool, even in Eorzea

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Choyi posted:

Very disappointed in the new gear previewed for this patch, tome gear looks real uninspired and bland and the other set showed earlier is just a dull recolor of an old set. :(

There's at least a powerful implication that the reissue of the 3.5 dungeon set is going to be dyeable this time, which tbh I am extremely here for.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Mordiceius posted:

Oh imagine that. The healer gear is a giant boring white robe. Again.

Some of the boring white healer robes are good. Dragoon has had like three good sets total in the entire game.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Yeah but the Swallows and Aery sets are top tier

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

Rainuwastaken posted:

Blackmageface is not cool, even in Eorzea

well if only the game still allowed for real dark skin tones, I just wan't to channel my inner Vivi!

SpaceDrake posted:

There's at least a powerful implication that the reissue of the 3.5 dungeon set is going to be dyeable this time, which tbh I am extremely here for.

I never really cared much for that set, even less nowadays after seeing it worn by majority of generic NPCs throughout stormblood. Plus the reuse of older sets "but now dyeable, in dungeons now!" just feels lazy when they could have just gone back and made the old stuff dyeable instead.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Lizard Wizard posted:

Have there been any more details announced about the anniversary Eternal Bond ceremony coming in the next patch? Me and my boyfriend are huge romantic nerds and loved the little trek across Eorzea, so it'd be kind of a letdown if it was just the ceremony part.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/002504.html

quote:

After accepting the quest from the Anniversary Registrar, players will be able to go straight in to choosing the settings for their desired ceremony and booking the venue.
So, uh, seems like just the ceremony part.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

super sweet best pal posted:

I really hope the capy minion is from something reasonable and not Eureka.

I bet it's from the new Canals of Uznair, since it's as cute as the dwarf rabbit. I hope I'm wrong.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Choyi posted:

Plus the reuse of older sets "but now dyeable, in dungeons now!" just feels lazy when they could have just gone back and made the old stuff dyeable instead.

Might feel that way, but art is one of the most expensive parts of development. It's not laziness as much as time management.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

isk posted:

Might feel that way, but art is one of the most expensive parts of development. It's not laziness as much as time management.

Yep. There's enough good armor in the game already for me to not care that much about the "big" patches reusing armor sets for dungeons. We're already getting tome armor and Alphascape armor in the same patch, which is a hilarious amount of invested development time.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

I am completely fine with "Old armor set but dyeable"

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Still waiting for dyeable Yafaemi gear so I can have the disco wizard look in red.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

Vermain posted:

Yep. There's enough good armor in the game already for me to not care that much about the "big" patches reusing armor sets for dungeons. We're already getting tome armor and Alphascape armor in the same patch, which is a hilarious amount of invested development time.

I'd be more fine with this if it wasn't that the new tome armor just looks like ironworks and skalla gear had a weird baby. And since I don't savage raid currently means what new gear I'll get my hands on is the undyeable alphascape gear.

I just want some new glamour fun that is actual armor and not another bikini or the same sweater everyone uses damnit! :argh:

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Asimo posted:

Yes, yes this will do.

Ah, I see you are a man of culture as well.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Choyi posted:

I'd be more fine with this if it wasn't that the new tome armor just looks like ironworks and skalla gear had a weird baby. And since I don't savage raid currently means what new gear I'll get my hands on is the undyeable alphascape gear.

I just want some new glamour fun that is actual armor and not another bikini or the same sweater everyone uses damnit! :argh:

The new armor is literally Ironworks 2.0 (most likely as developed by Nero, given the coloring). You can see the Ironworks logo on the healer's shoulder or something, I believe.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Speaking of fantasias, lord help me, after holding out as a potato for so long once again, I am back on my bullshit and looking Cute As Heck doing so:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Plague Doctor is a good set.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

It's perfect for a Bloodborne RDM look

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Turn the /visor off and you’re just a snazzy lad in a top hat. Also a great look.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Those tomestone caster clothes sorta remind me of one of the things I wore around level ~20-30 on my Summoner/Scholar while leveling.

edit: This one level 50 thing my Summoner is currently using is probably the best looking caster robe I've seen so far.

Ah, here it is - https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/01463632cf4/

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Sep 13, 2018

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Mordiceius posted:

I'm very curious to see how the ninja gear looks in black. Because I'm a ninja and everything has to be black.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

SpaceDrake posted:

Speaking of fantasias, lord help me, after holding out as a potato for so long once again, I am back on my bullshit and looking Cute As Heck doing so:

FFXIV is the game where everyone, no matter their race, beliefs, or creed, can embrace cuteness.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Any cool good statics need a cool good SAM (if such a thing exists)? I'm free 3 nights a week any time between about 7pm and 11pm EST, no Fridays or Saturdays

isk
Oct 3, 2007

This glam turned out okay

isk fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Sep 14, 2018

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Yeah when casual players are finding casual content too difficult that most certainly is the case. Pagos isnt hard to understand. Its meant to be a slog and if you cant stomach it then you dont deserve the reward, simple as that. it literally only takes 1 lockout a day for a couple of weeks to get the weapon. Its really not that difficult.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Brainamp posted:

Missing the point. Yes, white gear can look good, but they don't want just white caster gear to be the default style each time for healers.
That's like saying casters always get dark healer gear though, it is about the color rather than the gear model.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Martman posted:

Yeah when casual players are finding casual content too difficult that most certainly is the case. Pagos isnt hard to understand. Its meant to be a slog and if you cant stomach it then you dont deserve the reward, simple as that. it literally only takes 1 lockout a day for a couple of weeks to get the weapon. Its really not that difficult.

I almost fell for it.

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013

The Grimace posted:

lol It's fun seeing people going through the plot for the first time.

I like all of the plot points that happen in the 2.X series but man does it move at a glacier's pace. They got so much better at patch story pacing after HW. So even if you have a difficult time getting through it, stick with it, because Heavensward is absolutely amazing.

I have seen videos/listened to the music of the final boss fights for both heavensward and stormblood, as well as a bunch of the raid bosses. There is no way in hell I am stopping before getting to experience those fights for myself. Doing Alexander and managing all of his mechanics while Rise blasts in the background must be a magical experience.

Also I'm glad there are other dudes in this thread playing au ra chicks because they are both the best and the cutest race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

isk posted:

This glam turned out okay

Hey there, firey katana sister.