Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Covok posted:

They were supposed to make Cyclops remember his (Xavier's) ideals and stop doing the right thing being the "NEW MAGNETO (TM)!"

Beast was both wrong that they could do that, and that's what Cyclops was becoming.

Beast is always wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
gently caress Beast

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

pubic works project posted:

gently caress Beast

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Haha poo poo, that'd be a good image for a "crying Beast" smilie... if there were ever a reason to have such a thing.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Sauce?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That’s Young Beast talking to Old Beast. And judging by the incursion mention I’m going to guess an issue of Hickman’s New Avengers.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

X-O posted:

That’s Young Beast talking to Old Beast. And judging by the incursion mention I’m going to guess an issue of Hickman’s New Avengers.

Yeah, it's right after they blew up not the DC Universe and decided they couldn't do that again. Except Namor teamed up with Thanos and the Black Order and went on a multiversal murder spree to save Earth.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, it's right after they blew up not the DC Universe and decided they couldn't do that again. Except Namor teamed up with Thanos and the Black Order and went on a multiversal murder spree to save Earth.

The unsung mass-murdering heroes we needed.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Decius posted:

The unsung mass-murdering heroes we needed.

Speaking of, I've been really enjoying the Weapon-X Force book, getting rid of Logan was really good for it. It was a treat to see Sabertooth get a meta-commentary joke this week too.

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

I'm catching up on old stuff via MU - loving the first two issues of Rogue & Gambit. I read UXM from '85 until the mid 00's before I had finally had enough. Anyway, why does he call her "Rogue" and never her actual name, while she always calls him Remy?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She prefers Rogue. Like Magneto preferring that in many takes on him.

She never even had a first name until after the Fox movies.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Scott Lobdell said her real name had been picked and the story where they were going to reveal it never ended up happening. He didn't say what it was but it was not Marie.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
On that note is there a definitive answer as to what Magneto's real birth-name is, Erik or Max? That always struck me as weird to retcon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Diet Poison posted:

On that note is there a definitive answer as to what Magneto's real birth-name is, Erik or Max? That always struck me as weird to retcon.

Wasn't their reasoning that "Lensherr" did not sound authentic or something? And didn't they unretcon it?

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Rhyno posted:

Wasn't their reasoning that "Lensherr" did not sound authentic or something? And didn't they unretcon it?

Well Wikipedia still says "Max Eisenhardt" but I dunno if that is the current end-all be-all. I also forgot he has "Magnus" as an alias as well.
I just want Lensherr to be his real name because Eisenhardt is distractingly on-the-nose. If I were to make a thousand-item list of poo poo I hate in fiction, nominative determinism would be in the top 10.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Diet Poison posted:

Well Wikipedia still says "Max Eisenhardt" but I dunno if that is the current end-all be-all. I also forgot he has "Magnus" as an alias as well.
I just want Lensherr to be his real name because Eisenhardt is distractingly on-the-nose. If I were to make a thousand-item list of poo poo I hate in fiction, nominative determinism would be in the top 10.

Yeah I have no clue what his current real name is. He's just Magneto to me.

Are Pietro and Wanda still enhanced humans by the High Evolutionary and not Magneto's kids?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah I have no clue what his current real name is. He's just Magneto to me.

Are Pietro and Wanda still enhanced humans by the High Evolutionary and not Magneto's kids?

They are not Magneto's kids but I don't think they're that either.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Scott Lobdell said her real name had been picked and the story where they were going to reveal it never ended up happening. He didn't say what it was but it was not Marie.

Turns out her name is actually Cher, so Gambit's just been addressing her by her real name all along.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Diet Poison posted:

Magnus used to be as close to we knew as his real name, especially given it was coming from Chuck who knew him best.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Dawgstar posted:

Magnus used to be as close to we knew as his real name, especially given it was coming from Chuck who knew him best.
Magneto is his real name; it is just not the one his parents gave him.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Nessus posted:

Magneto is his real name; it is just not the one his parents gave him.

See also: Chip Zdarsky (as far as I'm concerned.)

radlum
May 13, 2013

gently caress Beast

Beast lost me when he was yelling at Cyclops on Nightcrawler's funeral. The whole thing with the O5 was annoying as hell too. gently caress Beast

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm holding out hope they do something with the Oh-Five to repair/reset the modern day incarnations.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

I hope Archangel keeps his blue skin but gets to set his wings on space-fire.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I really liked the new Iceman #1 this week! It's a lot more whimsical and slap-happy, which is what I'd actually expected the first series to be like. Now, I did like the first series what with all the subtle character work or whatever, but the lighter quippy tone really works here.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Evil Gabby is terrifying. This storyline is so good!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1040274860587606018

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Evil Gabby is terrifying. This storyline is so good!

Looks like it's going to just be the Cuckoo Twins before this is all over.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

No Feral no deal!

I mean, for historical accuracy right?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rhyno posted:

No Feral no deal!

I mean, for historical accuracy right?

feral died on the way back to her home planet

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If Doug Ramsay can come back to life there is no standard for resurrections.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

If Doug Ramsay can come back to life there is no standard for resurrections.

Wasn't he just a zombie during Necrosha? Did he ever come back "properly"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah they got him back fully because of Warlocke.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Skwirl posted:

Wasn't he just a zombie during Necrosha? Did he ever come back "properly"

He's back in one of the Hunt for Wolverine minis. He was not looking well lol.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Information Junkie Doug kinda works for me. But I never read much of the old stuff he was in, so to me he was just some guy that showed up during Necrosha. And I'm not afraid to say it: I hate Warlock.

I hope this X-23 story doesn't resolve with all 5 Cuckoo personalities (insofar as they have different personalities) in one body, kinda like the opposite of how they started. I do hope it resolves with Gabby eating some fuckin birthday cake.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I'm really liking X-23, and this issue was great, but it was slow. There are echoes of some of the pacing problems I felt Tamaki had on Hulk. Like the actual plot that occurs in this issue is:

- Following on from the end of the previous issue, Laura tries to extract Gabby from the Cuckoos' device but gets blown away to a nearby hill. Esme succeeds in possessing Gabby.
- The Cuckoos bully Mindee a little and send her out to look for Laura.
- Sophie's disembodied mind makes contact with Laura, they team up and bump into Mindee outside. Laura takes Mindee captive.

It's really well done, but it's also slow as hell. I'm not sure how I feel about it honestly, I don't think it wastes the decompression stylistically, but it's also a vanishingly small amount of plot movement for a 22 page comic.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

That said the page with Laura regenerating ruled and made me super hyped up. Perfect expression of a classic superhero beat.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Didn't they do a thing where Doug could read body language and that essentially made him a fighter on par with Cassandra Cain?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mutant powers working by English colloquialism is my favorite thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dawgstar posted:

Didn't they do a thing where Doug could read body language and that essentially made him a fighter on par with Cassandra Cain?

Something like that yeah. It was good stuff. Honestly his return was a throwaway story in a larger X-Event but the last page was pretty great, kind of like seeing an old friend after a long time away.