Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

It's got a neat colour, that chair, kind of like a beetle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Domus posted:

Eh, the problem with pachinko is that there's rarely any documentation in English. It's very hard to find a replacement part, or even a schematic, when you don't know/can't easily reference the proper model name or number. Slot machines from the US are doable.

So find an already working machine or an arcade mechanic that knows Japanese. Thanks.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

there wolf posted:

So find an already working machine or an arcade mechanic that knows Japanese. Thanks.

I read this as "find a working machine that knows Japanese" and it worked for me on some strange level.

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

Domus posted:

I'm a pinball tech by trade, so I know waaaay too much about this stuff.

Would you mind if i pm’d you some pinball repair questions in a few months? cus that’s when i’ll have time to work on my project EMs. thanks

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
Feel free. Although I feel the key to most EMs is just to clean the hell out of the steppers, while not touching any of the switches in the body or head unless you absolutely have to.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

What software are people using that defaults to transparent brushes? Don't they notice that their censor bar doesn't work? Or is this some next-level joke?

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

felch me daddy jr. posted:

What software are people using that defaults to transparent brushes? Don't they notice that their censor bar doesn't work? Or is this some next-level joke?

The new version of MS Paint has input options that do that. That one is, like, “watercolor brush”.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Krankenstyle posted:

you dont think it works?

Metallic blue paint is only boring on automobiles.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
https://twitter.com/B00TYCHASIN/status/1033753279996588032

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

That poor dog is terrified. I wonder how much that lobster weighs. Also Simpsons did it. His name was Pinchy.

Miaou
Jun 13, 2008
Forgive my transgressions as this is from eBay and not Craigslist

by the looks of it, the life left in it is on its way to gaining sentience

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Miaou posted:

Shipping $6.70 lmbo

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I miss when eBay was just a giant worldwide rummage sale, before typing in anything got you 4000 buy it now listings using the exact same picture with free shipping from Hong Kong.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

The Bloop posted:

Shipping $6.70 lmbo

Yeah. That's about right. You don't get cheap shipping like there was in the late 90s/early 00s

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Please find $6.70 enclosed to cover shipping costs for one (1) sebum-saturated foam rectangle

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Miaou posted:

I think you may have stumbled upon Sigvatr's eBay store.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Dixville posted:

That poor dog is terrified. I wonder how much that lobster weighs. Also Simpsons did it. His name was Pinchy.

I read a Reader's Digest article or something from years back about how people basically do the Simpsons thing and catch a live lobster or crab to keep for a while and fatten up to save money on getting the big ones, but within a week the kids have named it and would be inconsolable if they actually cooked and ate it, so they end up having to drive back out to the sea/swamp and releasing it.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
Yeah, when I was a kid, my dad got two pounds of crayfish on a trip to Louisiana. They lived in our spare bathroom, in the tub. We used to race them and stuff. They all died in the end, of course, and I can’t eat crawfish to this day. Also, it is only now, looking back, that I realize how utterly insane my parents were sometimes.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

RandomFerret posted:

I miss when eBay was just a giant worldwide rummage sale, before typing in anything got you 4000 buy it now listings using the exact same picture with free shipping from Hong Kong.

I didn’t like having to wait for some lazy gently caress to send me a money order from thousands of miles away but otherwise yeah.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Snowy posted:

I didn’t like having to wait for some lazy gently caress to send me a money order from thousands of miles away but otherwise yeah.

I once bought something with a quarter taped to a postcard :corsair:

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

jojoinnit posted:

I once bought something with a quarter taped to a postcard :corsair:

poo poo, I bought probably 100 CD's one taped penny at time from Columbia House and BMG. Still got most of em too.

I wonder how many postal machines those pennies jammed up over the years.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

It's not Craigslist, but still loving weird:

https://twitter.com/proresting/status/1038014589001248768?s=21

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Well you nailed nearly everything but you didn’t tuck the belt in and I heard one of your friends speak so I’m afraid you can’t date my crazy rear end. I’ll be crawling under women at the library if you fix that and want to do a retry

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

wanted: extremely ordinary woman, written with one hand

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
wanted: girl with a mind like a diamond, who knows what's best. she wears shoes that cut, her eyes burn like cigarettes. she has the right allocations; she's fast and thorough and sharp as a track. she plays with her jewelry. she puts up her hair. she's touring the facility and picking up the slack

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

InediblePenguin posted:

wanted: girl with a mind like a diamond, who knows what's best. she wears shoes that cut, her eyes burn like cigarettes. she has the right allocations; she's fast and thorough and sharp as a track. she plays with her jewelry. she puts up her hair. she's touring the facility and picking up the slack

Sounds like the sort of girl who gets up early, the sort that stays up late and has uninterrupted prosperity and uses a machete to cut through red tape.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Sounds like the sort of personal ad a lovely 90s band would write.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Was this written by Cornelius Bear?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

bony tony posted:

Was this written by Cornelius Bear?

Holy poo poo that's extremely accurate

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Poor FRECKLES, thought of BUTTER and died.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

It doesn't sound like a capital-D date they were having, what's his problem? Or does he think every pleasant interaction with a woman should end with the offer of another similar experience her doing mad sex to his boner?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

When I was 20 or so I wrote a missed connection. It was something like "I was on the corner of X & Y smoking a cigarette & you drifted by in a convertible. Write me." She never did...

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Krankenstyle posted:

When I was 20 or so I wrote a missed connection. It was something like "I was on the corner of X & Y smoking a cigarette & you drifted by in a convertible. Write me." She never did...

I didn’t see it!! PM me ♥️

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Snowy posted:

I didn’t see it!! PM me ♥️

too late im not in my 20s anymore

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/desijed/status/1040399624974950407?s=21

Hopes Fall
Sep 10, 2006
HOLY BOOBS, BATMAN!

Points for the Mr. Rogers quote... But, no.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It was nice of him to mention my concept album “Ride out the Hericane” but I’d rather not have it attached to dead eyed date rapists. It’s supposed to be about alive eyed date rapists

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009