Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
I have been leveling a Toxic Rain (pure dot) character following the build in this thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2213810. Which ends up with his build going into blood magic like such: https://pastebin.com/R8QfR5Mn. I am wondering a couple things. To me I would anticipate Blood Magic not being very durable despite 8.6k pob life. Would it be a better idea to not go into Blood Magic at all and go into the other duration cluster + primal spirit + druidic rite and go mana on this build? When I quickly mocked it up it in PoB it was down to 6.1k using a loreweave. Also for this build I was wondering if it would be a good idea to fit in Avatar of the Veil. Dropping Avatar of Slaughter looks like a 1.6k dps loss in PoB but I don't know how to calculate toxic rain in it, either. I would love some opinions from people smarter than me. here is the pob I mocked up https://pastebin.com/UxLyB9qX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

this patch broke allocation settings being saved and also curse on hit supporting heralds.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Awesome! posted:

this patch broke allocation settings being saved and also curse on hit supporting heralds.

i mean, what do you expect, a video game patch not to break random poo poo

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Just killed my first shaper ever with BV elementalist. Even did it deathless too. Watching the engineering eternity guide first definitely helped, mostly so I knew what moves to look out for. I am sure I would have gotten pegged by a slam if I hadn't known it was coming.

He only dropped the gloves, which I promptly managed to brick by by vaaling them.

I feel like BV elementalist is going to get nerfed into the ground next league. They have to reign in these stat sticks.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Awesome! posted:

A hotfix just dropped to fix the latter.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

coming soon: your mine will be shared across your characters and sulphite rewards/costs are being rebalanced https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2217850

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

LeninVS posted:

Can someone help me figure out a upgrade path or whatever for my delve character

Doing a vaal double strike jugg.
http://poe-profile.info/profile/Leninvs

I get overwhelmed trying to figure out which piece to upgrade next.

I have about 500c I can toss around

Swap one of your life flasks for a Lion's Roar. Grab an Abyss jewel with onslaught on kill. Get an amulet with crit multi/70+ life roll (or if you want to spend all your money an amulet with the non-chaos as extra chaos damage modifier). A good Stygian Vise belt with another Abyss jewel would be great. Your normal jewels in general could be upgraded, prioritize crit multi + life, then either some %phys damage modifier or attack speed. Depending on how your resists shake out a https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mark_of_the_Elder is a pretty big DPS increase and cheap. You might want to drop some chaos on a better Assassin mark on hit ring, so you can at least get some life there.

I don't think you need chance to bleed in your 6link anymore since you got the sword bleed nodes, swap it for Ruthless or maybe Increased Critical Damage. GOOD LUCK

Past that it's mainly getting a better sword and stat stick but that's megabux territory.

vandiar fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Sep 14, 2018

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Truga posted:

They are, i've been eyeing some for my molten strike build and they're all 7ex or more. :smith:

I'd sell the one I just had drop to a goon for 6 ex instead of 7 :kiddo:

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Philthy posted:

I'm working to make a Templar Spark Inquisitor build and one thing I am unsure of with builds is how expensive they are. I see cheap and expensive equipment stats. Don't people just farm items? I don't mind trading for certain things, but if you're expected to trade for 99% of your gear that's a huge turn off.

I'm playing Spark/Orb of Storms Inquisitor in SSF and it works just fine without having any expensive stuff (except Tabula Rasa, which probably isn't that rare considering I've found 3 so far this league). Currently mapping at around T9 and everything except bosses just dies instantly.

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

AegisP posted:

These lowlevel depths runs are the best.

Also, that was 4 Resonator Troves behind walls clicked that each dropped a Prime, and the last 4 socket I got (that I wasn't paying attention to the name of the Resonator chest) was also behind a wall, so I'm wondering if the 4 sockets are guaranteed from specifically "Troves" behind walls.

What depth were you running for those?

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

Ak Gara posted:

The Wasp Nest almost feels like cheating.

According to PoB it would take a triple T2 phys roll + T2 attack speed roll to make me swap weapons!

I feel like there's something else going on here stats wise, because you don't need a >50 ex weapon to outclass a wasp nest. Are you a poison build and scaling the chaos element? Or have huge amounts of flat damage and a max attack speed wasp nest? All of the above?

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Xeras posted:

I have been leveling a Toxic Rain (pure dot) character following the build in this thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2213810. Which ends up with his build going into blood magic like such: https://pastebin.com/R8QfR5Mn. I am wondering a couple things. To me I would anticipate Blood Magic not being very durable despite 8.6k pob life. Would it be a better idea to not go into Blood Magic at all and go into the other duration cluster + primal spirit + druidic rite and go mana on this build? When I quickly mocked it up it in PoB it was down to 6.1k using a loreweave. Also for this build I was wondering if it would be a good idea to fit in Avatar of the Veil. Dropping Avatar of Slaughter looks like a 1.6k dps loss in PoB but I don't know how to calculate toxic rain in it, either. I would love some opinions from people smarter than me. here is the pob I mocked up https://pastebin.com/UxLyB9qX

Evaluating TR on PoB is pretty difficult. For pure dot, what you do is you look at Attack Rate and DoT DPS, none of the other stats really matter - and it will never look impressive.You can basically multiply those two numbers and your final duration to get a reference number. That number is then multiplied by how many of your dots you can get to overlap on average, and I have found no way to determine this; but increased area of effect seems to boost actual damage a lot, as it doesn't increase the spread of the spores only their individual area.

You will not be able to sustain mana on just regen, with that build. The leech node only leeches off of attack damage, which is almost nothing on a QR. If you look at your mana leech, you should see that it's almost non existant (you could have saved the travel point if you took the one near Essence Sap instead). Regular mana on hit is not going to be enough either.

There are multiple other options to solve the mana issue, a few of them are: Thief's Torment, Rallying Cry, Clarity with a Watcher's Eye, a mana potion.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I have a couple of questions about life leech.

1) Is it calculated before damage type conversion? Say I have 2% of Physical attack damage leeched as life, but I am converting 100% of physical damage to lightning. Do I get any leech?

2) Off hand stat stick has an Implicit leech. Does it work since I am not hitting with it (claw on a Smite build)?

Thanks!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I haven't been playing this league but I got to ask.

How annoying is it to pick up all these little fossils of various rarity? better or worse then league stones?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

How annoying is it to pick up all these little fossils of various rarity? better or worse then league stones?

Fossils aren't annoying in any way besides not being stackable, you get like a maximum of 4 per run and putting them in your stash afterwards doesn't even involve an instance transfer. Resonators are a pain because you get a bunch at once and they take up significant inventory space, but they're still better than league stones and you'll just leave like 90% of them on the floor once you have a tab full of them.

The other two league resources, Sulfite and Azurite, both take up zero inventory space and involve one click or zero click respectively. It's a good league.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Hamburger Test posted:

Evaluating TR on PoB is pretty difficult. For pure dot, what you do is you look at Attack Rate and DoT DPS, none of the other stats really matter - and it will never look impressive.You can basically multiply those two numbers and your final duration to get a reference number. That number is then multiplied by how many of your dots you can get to overlap on average, and I have found no way to determine this; but increased area of effect seems to boost actual damage a lot, as it doesn't increase the spread of the spores only their individual area.

You will not be able to sustain mana on just regen, with that build. The leech node only leeches off of attack damage, which is almost nothing on a QR. If you look at your mana leech, you should see that it's almost non existant (you could have saved the travel point if you took the one near Essence Sap instead). Regular mana on hit is not going to be enough either.

There are multiple other options to solve the mana issue, a few of them are: Thief's Torment, Rallying Cry, Clarity with a Watcher's Eye, a mana potion.

Yeah PoB is near useless trying to evaluate the damage of TR. I'm trying to see how much damage increase an Impresence would give me but its hard to see really

Personally use a mana potion for sustain, have it bounded on a mouse 4 button so I can spam it with ease. Other people use stuff like Vaal Clarity and such

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

The Locator posted:

I have a couple of questions about life leech.

1) Is it calculated before damage type conversion? Say I have 2% of Physical attack damage leeched as life, but I am converting 100% of physical damage to lightning. Do I get any leech?

2) Off hand stat stick has an Implicit leech. Does it work since I am not hitting with it (claw on a Smite build)?

Thanks!

1. No. You leech based on damage dealt. You'll need attack damage or lightning damage leech.

2. No. Implicit leech on claws is local to that weapon.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

nearly killed em! posted:

1. No. You leech based on damage dealt. You'll need attack damage or lightning damage leech.

2. No. Implicit leech on claws is local to that weapon.

Well, that explains a lot about my survivability, I'm just living on regen and basically no leech at all! Thanks.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Anyone else playing double shimmeron arc totems? I've put a ton of time and effort into making this build work, with 79 loreweave lightning res, and a wise oak. Despite this, the lightning degen is brutal, crippled sustain is scary to play with. I'm not feeling it.

Who else has made it work? Dropping the shimmerons for rare weapons? Or dropping one shimmeron? Or what?

Here is my PoB:
https://pastebin.com/nG57Zkpc

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

JerryLee posted:

i mean, what do you expect, a video game patch not to break random poo poo
Given all the extra stuff that's been implemented over the years PoE's codebase must be a spaghetti nightmare by this point

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Phobophilia posted:

Anyone else playing double shimmeron arc totems? I've put a ton of time and effort into making this build work, with 79 loreweave lightning res, and a wise oak. Despite this, the lightning degen is brutal, crippled sustain is scary to play with. I'm not feeling it.

Who else has made it work? Dropping the shimmerons for rare weapons? Or dropping one shimmeron? Or what?

Here is my PoB:
https://pastebin.com/nG57Zkpc
I play regular old arc totems and the guide I read specifically mentioned that the guy had tried to make double shimmerons work but had run into exactly the same problem with degen.

I'm not even running two weapons, just a cheap wand and a spirit shield, and everything melts pretty fast in T10, and I'm only running a 5L on Arc. Maybe it will change by T16 but so far at least lack of damage is not a big problem.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9KBEfXTAWQ

Pretty cool video for softcore players who want to farm fossils/resonators

(loving ghudda)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Those announced changes all seem good. They say they don’t want sulphite to be account wide but by sharing the mine shafts they essentially are making it account wide.

Good job reddit whiners.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Filthy Monkey posted:

Just killed my first shaper ever with BV elementalist. Even did it deathless too. Watching the engineering eternity guide first definitely helped, mostly so I knew what moves to look out for. I am sure I would have gotten pegged by a slam if I hadn't known it was coming.

He only dropped the gloves, which I promptly managed to brick by by vaaling them.

I feel like BV elementalist is going to get nerfed into the ground next league. They have to reign in these stat sticks.

As long as it's next league. I had two ex drop for me last night, so it's inpulsa time.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

euphronius posted:

Those announced changes all seem good. They say they don’t want sulphite to be account wide but by sharing the mine shafts they essentially are making it account wide.

Good job reddit whiners.

You can't have a "do maps to earn sulphite" character and a separate "do delves to earn cool loot" character

But when you make an alt you don't have to start at Depth 80, you can go straight to 150 or whatever

That's cool

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You can have that. Your “delver” just needs enough sulph to do the node you are targeting. The map clearer can back fill and farm azurite or whatever.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Can someone put ign wurla on the guild waiting list?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

euphronius posted:

You can have that. Your “delver” just needs enough sulph to do the node you are targeting. The map clearer can back fill and farm azurite or whatever.

Maybe you and I delve differently. I push down to a level I'm happy with the difficulty and then chain events, each hop of which requires me to spend sulphite

Are you doing something that doesn't require sulphite?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm pretty happy with the change, though I was fine with how it was before too.

My deepest delve is somewhere around 335 or so on my Occultist, with my Guardian making it down to ~120 before rerolling and my current Champion at 73. I'll focus this weekend on farming fossils and getting my atlas actually filled out so I don't have 59 Garden maps, then continue my push on my Champion that my Occultist started.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

You usually have to explore side passages to find them, so you're slowing yourself down a bit to grab more currency, but they're not the core element of the league like leaguestones were and there are only ~6 fossils that show up frequently

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Artificial Idiocy posted:

I feel like there's something else going on here stats wise, because you don't need a >50 ex weapon to outclass a wasp nest. Are you a poison build and scaling the chaos element? Or have huge amounts of flat damage and a max attack speed wasp nest? All of the above?

Poison build. 100% Poison chance, 100% hit chance Molten Strike with Added Chaos Damage.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I like scourge arrow's new mechanics but it's still just a chaos tornado shot that you have to channel.

Needs a better identity to distinguish itself imo. But I'm testing it on a toxic rain pathfinder so maybe a build that leans harder on poison might like the channeled bonus more?

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Scourge arrow can have greater multiple projectiles now but you still only get 5 spore pods on a shot... so you trade off -25% damage for some real minor spread damage on the initial shot. Not sure what their intention is with that adjustment, so I'm just going to continue not using multi support for it.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Man, I've been kind of ignoring the Delve part and I just read up on it. Sounds cool as hell. This game is a bit overwhelming. I need to watch more of those youtubs.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."

AegisP posted:

These lowlevel depths runs are the best.

Also, that was 4 Resonator Troves behind walls clicked that each dropped a Prime, and the last 4 socket I got (that I wasn't paying attention to the name of the Resonator chest) was also behind a wall, so I'm wondering if the 4 sockets are guaranteed from specifically "Troves" behind walls.

You got all that in low level Delves!? How low are we talking? Did you just spread left and right and start looking in all the dark dead ends or what?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
low level delves can be cleared super fast and as long as you know where to look (everywhere there's darkness) poo poo seems to pop up pretty regularly.

I'd still just level my darkness resist as far as possible and do it in high level ones though, might as well get other useful drops while doing it, most things are still just chests.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Truga posted:

low level delves can be cleared super fast and as long as you know where to look (everywhere there's darkness) poo poo seems to pop up pretty regularly.

I'd still just level my darkness resist as far as possible and do it in high level ones though, might as well get other useful drops while doing it, most things are still just chests.

You need a specialized build if you're going to do darkness-diving (or at least NOT a build that uses leech) because the dark-immune monsters won't let you leech. And the higher level monsters hitting you obviously puts pressure on your regen that you're using to overcome the darkness.

nerox
May 20, 2001
The main advantage of the low-level is that you don't have to worry about the mobs killing you in the darkness. I have to use a lot of flares when I am delving the high level stuff just to kill mobs.

I still have not found any 4 socket resonators or fossils that are worth over 10c. :sigh:

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Devor posted:

You need a specialized build if you're going to do darkness-diving (or at least NOT a build that uses leech) because the dark-immune monsters won't let you leech. And the higher level monsters hitting you obviously puts pressure on your regen that you're using to overcome the darkness.

You can still use life gain on hit though! I'm getting almost 700 hp per second per magma ball (11 in total)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Devor posted:

OTOH a flare costs 5 azurite. I'm a CI energy shield leech build when my shield goes low I just hit flare and it goes back to full :v:
e: I'm also occultist tho, so that helps a lot in combination with vaal discipline.

Truga fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Sep 14, 2018