Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.
Double Blackthorne drop rates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

double pylons would loving own

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
The next season will revert to patch 1.0.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
All monsters are Jay Wilson.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
No more loot drops. Instead you can use your gold in the new D3 store for lootboxes.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Star Man posted:

The next season will revert to patch 1.0.

A season of vanilla difficulty would be fun*.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Season 15: Boon of the Horadrim Begins 9/21

Season 15 will continue the experiment we began last season with a new seasonal buff. This time, for the duration of Season 15, all Horadric Caches earned from bounties will be doubled. This means that each time you complete a full set of five bounties in an Act, you will receive not one, but two Horadric Caches, for twice the bounty rewards!

There are a few things to keep in mind with this effect:

The bonus cache does benefit from difficulty level; it is essentially as though you completed twice the bounties.
The rewards inside the Horadric Caches are otherwise unaffected; drop rates or the amount of individual rewards have not been altered.
The bonus cache earned from Challenge Rifts is not affected; this is a separate type of cache.

Here are the sets granted by Haedrig’s Gift in Season 15:

Barbarian – Wrath of the Wastes
Crusader – Roland’s Legacy
Demon Hunter – Unhallowed Essence
Monk – Raiment of a Thousand Storms
Necromancer – Bones of Rathma
Witch Doctor – Helltooth Harness
Wizard – Tal Rasha’s Elements

Conquests:

Returning for Season 15 is Sprinter/Speed Racer, where you’re challenged to complete all of Diablo III’s campaign from Act I to Act V at level 70 in under 1 hour!
Next, we have Avarice/Avaritia, where all that glitters is gold—that is, if you can complete a 50 million gold streak outside of The Vault or its Inner Sanctum.
Boss Mode/Worlds Apart is a different kind of race; destroy all the bosses in Diablo III at max level on Torment X before your 20-minute timer ends!
A fan-favorite for those who enjoy unconventional builds, The Thrill/Superhuman requires completion of a Greater Rift level 45 to be completed Solo, but without any Set items equipped.
Finally, Masters of the Universe/Masters of Sets stretches your class set knowledge by requiring a Mastery Rank completion of 8 different Set Dungeons; get ready to start collecting!

Portrait Frame/Cosmetic Reward:

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Sep 14, 2018

mewse
May 2, 2006

mewse posted:

Double bounty mats will surely keep them playing

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
This means, what, six reforges per bounty run? It could be worse.

Which set is best for speedfarming, maybe UE?

And I guess Rathma for pushing GR (group) - what about solo? Rathma again, I guess?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Looks like they put the ghost of Jay Wilson back in charge for the season rewards. "Double it!"

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Lol. I am literally always limited by Forgotten Souls so it ain't gonna make a lick of difference for me

mewse
May 2, 2006

Will be nice to have a double shot at getting RRoG

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Oooh, looks like i'm rolling a Multishot DH this season! I miss covering the screen in rockets and arrows :allears:

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
:effort:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

llllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

DrSeRRoD posted:

Season 15: Boon of the Horadrim Begins 9/21

Season 15 will continue the experiment we began last season with a new seasonal buff. This time, for the duration of Season 15, all Horadric Caches earned from bounties will be doubled. This means that each time you complete a full set of five bounties in an Act, you will receive not one, but two Horadric Caches, for twice the bounty rewards!

There are a few things to keep in mind with this effect:

The bonus cache does benefit from difficulty level; it is essentially as though you completed twice the bounties.
The rewards inside the Horadric Caches are otherwise unaffected; drop rates or the amount of individual rewards have not been altered.
The bonus cache earned from Challenge Rifts is not affected; this is a separate type of cache.

Here are the sets granted by Haedrig’s Gift in Season 15:

Barbarian – Wrath of the Wastes
Crusader – Roland’s Legacy
Demon Hunter – Unhallowed Essence
Monk – Raiment of a Thousand Storms
Necromancer – Bones of Rathma
Witch Doctor – Helltooth Harness
Wizard – Tal Rasha’s Elements

Conquests:

Returning for Season 15 is Sprinter/Speed Racer, where you’re challenged to complete all of Diablo III’s campaign from Act I to Act V at level 70 in under 1 hour!
Next, we have Avarice/Avaritia, where all that glitters is gold—that is, if you can complete a 50 million gold streak outside of The Vault or its Inner Sanctum.
Boss Mode/Worlds Apart is a different kind of race; destroy all the bosses in Diablo III at max level on Torment X before your 20-minute timer ends!
A fan-favorite for those who enjoy unconventional builds, The Thrill/Superhuman requires completion of a Greater Rift level 45 to be completed Solo, but without any Set items equipped.
Finally, Masters of the Universe/Masters of Sets stretches your class set knowledge by requiring a Mastery Rank completion of 8 different Set Dungeons; get ready to start collecting!

Portrait Frame/Cosmetic Reward:

Ahahaha. Even the pet is the lowest effort recolour?

At least 2 easy conquests for any class/spec (Avarice, Thrill) to get to Conq.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Underwhelming

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
though I guess few games get any support this long w/o paid content

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's hard to care about seasons or to feel like I am missing out on anything when Path of Exile does entirely new gameplay modes and mechanics each season. Blizzard, who is vastly bigger and wealthier, puts the bare amount of effort in this game and that's really disappointing.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Hey, these Overwatch sprays aren't going to make themselves, bucko!

I realize D3 is low on ActiBlizzard's priority list but it would be nice if they would just go "gently caress balance, infinite resources and no cooldowns!" for a season or something.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Ronnie posted:

Puzzle Dungeon with a Diablo skin over it.

Actually, I want that!

Especially if it has good multiplayer. C'mon Blizzard.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Maybe i'll finally try out crusader this season.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

tetsuo posted:

Maybe i'll finally try out crusader this season.
I'd start as wiz if I were going to play because Tal's set is very good at speed farming.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
If you want speed farming, go DH. Basically jusy need the free set + one weapon to get going.

wei
Jul 27, 2006
Go necro or barb so you can be 1k paragon in the first weekend.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I did monk and wiz last season with a side of crusader. I'll give DH a shot this season then maybe spooky doctor.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Marauder DH will always be on the list, I've just never given Crusader any time.

And I'm an idiot who only likes Firebirds if I'm playing wiz and Zuni's if I'm playing doc. Which doesn't let me push very far but I have fun so :colbert: Would like to see those two reworked tbh. Tal's and Helltooth just don't appeal at all.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I was going to go Wizard, but I've done Tal Rasha already, so I'm thinking about DH. What's a good build?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

I was going to go Wizard, but I've done Tal Rasha already, so I'm thinking about DH. What's a good build?

Every DH set has a good build and there’s also n6m4

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Sentry Marauder and Shadow Impale are both silly fun imo.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Mustached Demon posted:

Reposting the wheel of destiny for those who can't pick a class:

Wheel of destiny!!!

Dooooo it.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

I said come in! posted:

It's hard to care about seasons or to feel like I am missing out on anything when Path of Exile does entirely new gameplay modes and mechanics each season. Blizzard, who is vastly bigger and wealthier, puts the bare amount of effort in this game and that's really disappointing.

I feel like it's a given that Diablo 4 will be a lot more like PoE or Hearthstone wrt how Blizzard supports it post-launch. Things have changed a lot since 2012. The real question is whether they're going to reveal D4 at this year's Blizzcon or not :thunk:

Vakal
May 11, 2008

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

I feel like it's a given that Diablo 4 will be a lot more like PoE or Hearthstone wrt how Blizzard supports it post-launch. Things have changed a lot since 2012. The real question is whether they're going to reveal D4 at this year's Blizzcon or not :thunk:

They are going to announce a Diablo 2 remaster but the hitch will be that the only way to get it is to pre-order the ultimate digital deluxe version of Diablo 4 for $120.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

If they announce it this year I’m looking forward to playing it in a nursing home

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I don't they'll announce anything this year. D3 for switch comes out during blizzcon so that'll be their Diablo news that buys them another year at least. :v:

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Gonna be a Barb because ww is nice and mindless for farming.any good gambling targets I should look out for, either at level 1 or as I progress?

Bragon
Apr 7, 2010

big cummers ONLY posted:

Gonna be a Barb because ww is nice and mindless for farming.any good gambling targets I should look out for, either at level 1 or as I progress?

Band of Might at level 1, then either Hammer or Slam bracers

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I'd do bracers first for leveling then gamble the ring later on an alt to cube.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Wait... Barb is Whirlwind? Gah! So many choices!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Jagged Jim posted:

Hey, these Overwatch sprays aren't going to make themselves, bucko!

I realize D3 is low on ActiBlizzard's priority list but it would be nice if they would just go "gently caress balance, infinite resources and no cooldowns!" for a season or something.

honestly I'd be surprised if the reasoning wasn't something like 'a big blowout season would make regular gameplay in the next season feel a lot worse, killing off a bunch of what's left of the playerbase'