Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

This is a fair-er comparison, but cutting off Kaep's partial 2012 season is still pretty unfair.

e: ha, I decided to run that to see what it looked like and check out who showed up in the query.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Sep 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Dude was a pallbearer at Joey Bosa's funeral too. Mad respect.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

jim brown in a walk

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Bip Roberts posted:

While true Randy didn't exactly play with slouches.

Right. He played with a system QB.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

This is a fair-er comparison, but cutting off Kaep's partial 2012 season is still pretty unfair.

It's 6 years ago. There's a valid quibble there but I think weighing the final three years kaep was active, with 37 games, against tyrod's same years, with 30 games, is a fair sample without reaching back too far

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

It's 6 years ago. There's a valid quibble there but I think weighing the final three years kaep was active, with 37 games, against tyrod's same years, with 30 games, is a fair sample without reaching back too far

Check out the edit I just thought to make because it's funny who shows up if you extend it that far.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

lol I'm going to start banging the drum for RG3

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He worn out after figuring out how to slip the drum a roofie?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lol. The dolphins can go to hell but we're cool

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

did I miss rg3 being a rapist

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Amy Pole Her posted:

lmao

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Not the QB, the bad SAS poster

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Jonathan Fisk posted:

oh no did he buy a round for you

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

oh, idk who that is

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Jonathan Fisk posted:

oh, idk who that is

He was that kid that everyone knew they didn't like but didn't really have a reason for it but then he posted that he was mad that he didn't get laid because some girl's friends separated her from him because she was so drunk.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Also he posts worse than me, which has to be some sort of concentrated 10 step plan involving years of effort. And he reneged on posting a photo of a burrito which is the most unforgivable crime we have here.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

who let an E/N poster in here smh

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Rg3 also acts like we all secretly want him to post here which is exactly what you'd expect with the attempted rape

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Note that his current username is 'A Man and His Dog' IIRC which might be the cause of some confusion

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

On a scale of Dilfer to Romo, how's Arians?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

cavallingus posted:

On a scale of Dilfer to Romo, how's Arians?

So far he's been very knowledgeable, very willing to point out stupid decisions and extremely low key. Arians is an improvement over most announcers 7/10.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Not that I mind too much but why in the world does that side of Missouri get Arizona/LAR? St Louis might want to at least hate-watch the Rams (or have some poor, sad, actual fans left).

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

#Blessed by Romo again, hell yeah.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Jonathan Fisk posted:

jim brown in a walk

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'd rather watch Broncos and Raiders, boo

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Grittybeard posted:

Not that I mind too much but why in the world does that side of Missouri get Arizona/LAR? St Louis might want to at least hate-watch the Rams (or have some poor, sad, actual fans left).

Probably because that's Chiefs territory. Networks tend to not run against home-town games, so if you have a 1 PM home game that's the only one you're getting, and then you'll get a choice of two for the 4 PM game.

edit: so STL gets KC/Pitt, NE/Jax, Min/GB

KC gets KC/Pitt for the noon game then AZ/LAR and Oak/Den for the late game

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Sep 14, 2018

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

pubic works project posted:

Right. He played with a system QB.

He also got some really good seasons from Randall Cunningham and Daunte Culpepper.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

Some of those have to show a later game because of TV rules so it's either that or DET/SF and on paper before arizona poo poo the bed the AZ/LA game looked interesting

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Thank you calais campbell for bringing arizona jacksonville/NE instead of raiders/denver, i think

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?

Bip Roberts posted:

He also got some really good seasons from Randall Cunningham and Daunte Culpepper.

Yeah, three.

Rice had peak Montana for more than a decade.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jonathan Fisk posted:

jim brown in a walk

Jim Brown is likely the best compared to his contemporaries, but he was rushing against dudes the size of today's punters.

Which makes for great highlights, but much like the Bill Russell argument, becomes hard to argue they're the best compared to guys that played against modern players.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Kalli posted:

Jim Brown is likely the best compared to his contemporaries, but he was rushing against dudes the size of today's punters.

Which makes for great highlights, but much like the Bill Russell argument, becomes hard to argue they're the best compared to guys that played against modern players.

You mean Wilt.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Then it's All Day

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Terrell Davis

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

cavallingus posted:

Terrell Davis does not belong in the Hall of Fame

I agree

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
When you didn't think it could get dumber than exotic smashmouth

https://twitter.com/jwyattsports/status/1040665222502146048

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm sorry about Jon Gruden's dementia but please don't take your frustrations out on Terrell

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

It’s like “let’s take a subsection of Chiefs fans who desperately want to watch and then argue about Marcus Peters and show them the game. St. Louis? You should not be rooting for the Rams anymore, just stop. Get help."

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kalli posted:

I never found that argument convincing at all. Imagine what Jim Brown would look like if he grew up today having access to modern sports medicine and training methods (and growth hormones). Why do his opponents get the benefit of that doubt but Brown doesn't?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

I never found that argument convincing at all. Imagine what Jim Brown would look like if he grew up today having access to modern sports medicine and training methods (and growth hormones). Why do his opponents get the benefit of that doubt but Brown doesn't?

Jim Brown was 6'2 and 230lbs. That's great when you're running over tiny white boys, but NFL running backs have, for the most part, gotten a lot shorter and a little lighter over the decades as running switched to getting low for leverage instead of steamrolling people.

The only good running backs the height of Jim Brown of the 2000's are Eddie George and Steven Jackson. (Coincidentally, each of their last productive years were at 29, when Jim Brown got driven out of football by Modell).

Jim Brown growing up in football over the last twenty years would've probably had a ridiculous fight in college from coaches trying to get him to switch positions

A few years old, but:

Kalli fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Sep 14, 2018

• Locked thread