Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Someone in my league just traded away Kerryon Johnson for Jamaal Williams and Geronimo Allison.

And then she dropped Doug Baldwin to make room.

This league is six years old.

Is this for money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Keith Atherton posted:

1. Don't roster two defenses unless your league requires it. Drop Seattle and stick with Philly until the bye. There will be a team you can pick up
3. I personally wouldn't start any Bills player but Shady can still do things. Jordan Howard is the go to guy for Bears RBs but Cohen isn't a bad play

Your team looks good but you need more depth at RB. You don't need Doyle on your bench if you have Gronk. Drop him and look for a RB

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I would look at trading some of that depth for better starters. Try a 2 for 1 with Doyle to upgrade your players. For example maybe Hopkins and Doyle for Julio. Or Lynch and Doyle for a better RB.

Trying to bait a Doyle trade for Conner right now. Dropped Seattle, picked up TJ Yeldon. This is what my team looks like at the moment:

QB: Rodgers
WR: D. Hopkins, A. Robinson
RB: M. Lynch, T. Cohen
TE: Gronkowski
WRT: Stills
K: Gould
Def: Philadelphia

BN: R. Woods, L. McCoy, T. Coleman, A. Luck, J. Doyle, T.J. Yeldon

Not sure if I can wait out Bernard (on waver until the 19th) or who I can cut to make room.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

kimcicle posted:

Trying to bait a Doyle trade for Conner right now. Dropped Seattle, picked up TJ Yeldon. This is what my team looks like at the moment:

QB: Rodgers
WR: D. Hopkins, A. Robinson
RB: M. Lynch, T. Cohen
TE: Gronkowski
WRT: Stills
K: Gould
Def: Philadelphia

BN: R. Woods, L. McCoy, T. Coleman, A. Luck, J. Doyle, T.J. Yeldon

Not sure if I can wait out Bernard (on waver until the 19th) or who I can cut to make room.

Looks good! That's a solid team. Watch to see if Fournette is not going to start on Sunday - Yeldon would be a good flex if that happens.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Having had a knee arthroscopy myself (though obviously not performed by the best surgeon money can buy and not in the shape Mixon is etc) 2 weeks is very optimistic for him to be playing a lot of downs in my opinion. Usual recovery window is up to 6.
Yeah, never had the procedure myself but that was basically my take. Having your knee operated on and going back to playing professional football in 2 weeks sounds... difficult.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

dkj posted:

Is this for money?

No. Family pride. I even bought that person a subscription to FantasyPros to help prevent stupid poo poo like this.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Since they won't designate Baldwin as Out, I can't put him on IR in my Yahoo league. I have to drop someone for a Kicker. Who should I drop?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Stafford.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

RCarr posted:

Since they won't designate Baldwin as Out, I can't put him on IR in my Yahoo league. I have to drop someone for a Kicker. Who should I drop?

What's the rush? At least wait until tomorrow.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

What's the rush? At least wait until tomorrow.

Yea I'm not doing anything today, just planning my next move.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So now Ben is the better play ROS? Last week everyone chided me for considering keeping Ben over Stafford.

Edit: Double post, my bad.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Sep 15, 2018

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I would rather have Stafford than Ben, personally.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

I'd rather have Stafford ROS.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

RCarr posted:

So now Ben is the better play ROS? Last week everyone chided me for considering keeping Ben over Stafford.

Edit: Doube post, my bad.

code:

Pass         Rush
Rk               Player From   To  Cmp  Att   Yds  TD Int  Sk  Yds  Att Yds  TD
1    Ben Roethlisberger 2015 2018 24.5 37.6 293.9 1.9 1.1 1.5 10.5  1.5 2.5 0.0
2      Matthew Stafford 2015 2018 24.2 36.7 271.9 1.8 0.8 2.6 15.4  2.3 9.6 0.1
Are these guys really that different?

Fantasy is a pretty streaky game, but I'd judge Ben's situation to be better than Stafford's at the moment. I'd probably try and play both if I have the bench space. Baldwin's knees aren't getting any younger.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Who would you recommend dropping? Baldwin? Morris? Cobb?

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

RCarr posted:

My gut is that Keelan Cole is the guy you can drop for one week and expect to pick back up later. Either that or package up two guys to try and free some space. Baldwin's value will only continue to fall as he remains sidelined, so it might be a good time to move him.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

RCarr posted:

Hogan

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
So this is the first time I'm actually considering a trade offer in 3 years across 3 teams, talk me out of it...

My doods:

He wants to give me Wentz and Jordy Nelson for my Marlon Mack.

I'd drop Crowder or tell him to keep Jordy and just do Wentz for Mack. The hangup is that I haven't even seen Mack with a real IND offense because Luck has been poo poo recently. My gut is telling me to keep the possible RB1/2 becuase the difference between Matty Ice and Wentz won't be that much point-wise. I need help :(

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I'd stand pat, Crowder is way more valuable than Nelson and i'm not even sure Wentz has been approved for contact yet.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

maniacripper posted:

So this is the first time I'm actually considering a trade offer in 3 years across 3 teams, talk me out of it...

My doods:

He wants to give me Wentz and Jordy Nelson for my Marlon Mack.

I'd drop Crowder or tell him to keep Jordy and just do Wentz for Mack. The hangup is that I haven't even seen Mack with a real IND offense because Luck has been poo poo recently. My gut is telling me to keep the possible RB1/2 becuase the difference between Matty Ice and Wentz won't be that much point-wise. I need help :(

Stand pat on that trade, but don’t be a boring fantasy player. 9 seasons of never making a trade is no way to live your fantasy life.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Is that a dynasty or keeper? If so Wentz is a bunch more valuable imo.

But yeah, 9 seasons with zero trades is dumb.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

I don't really care, I just wouldn't keep two QBs. You started Been so I assumed you preferred him. Personally I don't think what's going on with Patricia is going to be good for the team and would go with Ben for now.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I don't really care, I just wouldn't keep two QBs. You started Been so I assumed you preferred him. Personally I don't think what's going on with Patricia is going to be good for the team and would go with Ben for now.

I dropped Ben for Stafford last week. This week Ben cleared waivers, so I grabbed him due to his matchup being better than Stafford's this week. Then I grabbed Cobb, since Baldwin will be out a few weeks. Maybe I'll see if I can swing a 2 for 1 trade.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

RCarr posted:

I still think Stafford will be more consistent, but they have some kinks to work out in that offense for sure.

Hard to pass up Big Ben at home against a suspect Chiefs defense though.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

This would all be a moot point if the Seahawks would just designate Baldwin as Out, since everyone knows he isn't playing this week. :argh:

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

RCarr posted:

This would all be a moot point if the Seahawks would just designate Baldwin as Out, since everyone knows he isn't playing this week. :argh:

Alternately, just wait till Baldwin is out and grab the kicker for Seattle or Chicago. This leaves you open to some fuckery if opponents try to grab them or Baldwin winds up not out, but it's an option.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ben Nevis posted:

Alternately, just wait till Baldwin is out and grab the kicker for Seattle or Chicago. This leaves you open to some fuckery if opponents try to grab them or Baldwin winds up not out, but it's an option.

The guy I'm playing definitely doesn't pay enough attention, nor is he savvy enough to pick up both the kickers, so that could work. But if they leave Baldwin designated as Doubtful I'm screwed. My opponent has AJ Green, so I'm already 28 points in the hole.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Baldwin will probably be listed as Out after today's practice report.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Yeah, the final practice reports are due 2 days before the game, so hopefully Baldwin is listed as "Out" today. If he isn't, then you'll have to hope for the Seattle/Chicago kickers once Baldwin is officially inactive 1.5 hours before kickoff, drop someone else that you think you can get back, or just go without a kicker this week if you know you'll lose come Monday evening.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Pretty sure all players need to be active or ruled out. They can't just leave him as doubtful.

They may not rule him out until an hour before the game, but they have to rule him out if he isn't dressing for the game.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If they rule him inactive right before the game, his Yahoo designation has to change too? I'm not too knowledgeable on how that all works, but if that's the case then I will be fine. Thanks y'all.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

RCarr posted:

If they rule him inactive right before the game, his Yahoo designation has to change too? I'm not too knowledgeable on how that all works, but if that's the case then I will be fine. Thanks y'all.

Yes, Yahoo will update his status also. He will either be playing (he won't) or Yahoo will have him as Out - you just might have to check at 8 on Monday.

My money says he will be ruled out today.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

I dropped Ben for Stafford last week. This week Ben cleared waivers, so I grabbed him due to his matchup being better than Stafford's this week. Then I grabbed Cobb, since Baldwin will be out a few weeks. Maybe I'll see if I can swing a 2 for 1 trade.

So you're streaming QBs. No reason to keep two then.

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
Who do I drop for a kicker in a .5 PPR league

Enuwa WR
Breida RB
Morris RB
Hyde RB
Henry RB
Shepard WR

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Swarmin Swedes posted:

Who do I drop for a kicker in a .5 PPR league

Enuwa WR
Breida RB
Morris RB
Hyde RB
Henry RB
Shepard WR

Shepard

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
yowzers

https://twitter.com/Browns/status/1041020592944820225

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
One of these years I'll learn my lesson.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Oh come ON

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Maybe they should've kept Gordon on that loving snap count last week.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Fire up your.... Njokus and Landries?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
OH GOD

didnt have him starting anywhere but still CMON MAN