Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

HoneyBakedMAN posted:

Do you have a link describing the stuff about China? That sounds crazy. Particularly limiting the time people can play. Or do you mean limiting the time employees can work on games?

They are looking to hire people for licensing stuff and all tech they used is sublicensed by other companies already so the only logical conclusion is that they want to license the game itself to other markets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dogeh posted:

Sandi tries not to converse with the unwashed masses.

Again I believe she tells people that and tries to act like she doesn't but she's a poo poo actor and you know she fights online constantly under different names

You can only have so many failed auditions in any given week

Aqua Seafoam Shame
Aug 20, 2018

by astral

Beet Wagon posted:

also, I love that vertisce is mad that our automoderator is doing exactly what he spends his time doing in /r/starcitizen - calling out the Bad Men so people ignore them.

Perhaps he's upset about the automatization of the American workforce.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Beet Wagon posted:

'......................................... which makes it the best idea I've ever had besides getting Kayak lmao

I hope your missus doesn't read this forum.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Rugganovich posted:

I hope your missus doesn't read this forum.

I'm sure she agrees that getting Kayak was one of the best ideas she's ever had.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Well it's about time I checked in with redditt

Hi reddit

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
is the paywall down?

cool...

:wave:

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

Boo Huxley is hell bent on coming over to /refunds like twice a weak to drop the lamest possible owns she can on people, and I got tired of responding, so we set up an automoderator rule to do it for us.

It replies to every post of hers, and the link takes you to the thread where she was like "I have not been run off of a dozen forums for being a Star Citizen shill, prove it!" and then a bunch of people did and she ran away

It loving enrages her, captainwhoeverthefuck, and apparently vertisce now, which makes it the best idea I've ever had besides getting Kayak lmao

:master:

El FUDerino
Sep 2, 2018

The Titanic posted:

If there's one person you can trust, it's definitely :trustme: .

He wouldn't be misleading anybody and he is planning on getting out there and doing this to dispel a lot of the myths surrounding his involvement. He's going to one up the Double Damage Guys as well as Elite Dangerous because he's had enough of their poo poo.

This mission is what his staff has been working on, with him carefully planning and outlining it and play testing it non stop. He's sick of this fud, and knows it's time to put up.

:trustme: is planning big this con. It will not be another lame sales spree. Expect the limits to be pushed, the FPS to be high, and the fun to be borderline insane.

im going to eagerly wait for the levels of immersion unheard of. all the fud will be put to rest lol. seriously though very good take on this, the arrogance it points out is hilarious

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

Aqua Seafoam Shame posted:

Sometimes it hits me: these people believe that they will be playing a video game in which Earth will be a fully fleshed-out, navigable world. Earth. But then, they believe that this Earth will be just one planet in one system, and that there will be 100 systems, each with planets at least the size of Earth, and at least some of them just as populated.

Also moons.

And Earth.

I haven't been following development closely (been too busy spreading FUD). Are they seriously planning on accurately modeling earth, our solar system and 100 other solar systems? Why aren't there 100 other galaxies? You guys need to step up your funding!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The backers will get a single planet with an incomplete system surrounding it and they'll be more than happy for that much

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

I love how pissy even seem of the most optimistic backers are getting trying to keep those rose-colored glasses on their face.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Neltharak posted:

Annnnnd i did not know this. I'm torn between asking for details and just going to the conclusion, pouring myself a whiskey to forget.

Blast from the past:

https://archive.fo/JLByy#selection-937.8-937.16

The Article posted:

"IT WAS INCREDIBLY TOXIC. I HAD TO GET OUT."

According to several sources, being an employee of Cloud Imperium Games meant subjecting yourself to public insults, screaming, profanity, racism, and stress so powerful that some people would become physically ill.
"I realized it was affecting my health, my home life. I needed to get out. So I left. I had no job lined up. I just had to get out. I looked at my situation, I had enough in savings, so I left," CS3 told me. "I couldn't take it. It was by far the most toxic environment I have ever worked in. No one had clear direction about how to do their jobs well. No one was empowered to do their jobs well. Everything was second guessed, and the default reaction to everything was blame and yelling and emails with all capital letters and curse words."

It was also alleged that Roberts' wife and Cloud Imperium Games Vice President of Marketing Sandi Gardiner enforced discriminatory hiring practices. CS1 reported that they were instructed to, first, check the education field on a prospective employee's resume. If too much time had passed, Gardiner reportedly informed people not to hire them, because "they may be over 40, which makes them a protected class and harder to fire." It was also claimed that Gardiner used race as a determining factor in selecting employees, allegedly once saying "We aren't hiring her. We aren't hiring a black girl."

Sources indicate that multiple complaints have been taken to the Human Resource department against Gardiner, with little assistance on the matter - HR, after all, ultimately answers to Roberts and Gardiner.

"I couldn't take it. It was by far the most toxic environment I have ever worked in."
-CS3

"She would write emails with so much profanity. She would call people stupid, retard, human being. Accuse men of not having balls. And she was incredibly hostile to other female employees," CS4 stated. "Sandi is very jealous. She has to be the queen bee at the company. Whenever I was around her, I felt like I was in the presence of a cobra who, at that moment, might not have been inclined to strike but was completely willing to. You don't get on her bad side," CS3 added. "There were two things you were told, when you were hired. One, you don't talk about [Roberts and Gardiner] being married, to anyone. Ever. And two, you don't make Sandi mad."

In response, Roberts wrote "All personnel and HR matters are obviously completely private and we can't comment on this as a matter of principle. As always, there are two sides to each story."
In addition to Gardiner's alleged conduct, many felt they were required to be on constant guard when addressing Roberts as well.

"[Sandi Gardiner] would write emails with so much profanity. She would call people stupid, retard, human being. Accuse men of not having balls."
-CS4

CS3 stated that it wasn't uncommon practice to round up four or five people to review an email intended for Roberts, to make sure there was nothing potentially upsetting in the wording. "His immediate response to everything was to insult people, and accuse everyone of being idiots," he said. "It was like the Eye of Sauron. You never wanted to say anything in an email or a meeting that would bring the Eye of Sauron on you. He couldn't control his temper, and had no problem making a public scene of it."

"Games are not a professional environment by default, by their nature," CS4 said. "That's one of the great things about working on a game. But there are certain levels of unprofessionalism that you don't go beyond. Chris and Sandi made it part of their job to go beyond those levels."

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

trucutru posted:

Whomever bought you the avatar should have given you better tier K-on waifus. I mean, Yui and Ritsu? :barf:

I.. I'm not even sure who they are! Are they bad tier waifus? I'm sure it was either this or some high quality hentai sex on a slowly sinking ship! :dogtits:

"Use the power of your breasts to keep the ship afloat, Mina-San!"

"I-I'm doing it! I'm doing it!" :sureboat:

You clicked this hoping for hentai girls keeping a ship afloat with their tits. +10 depravity for you!

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 16, 2018

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

Boo Huxley is hell bent on coming over to /refunds like twice a weak to drop the lamest possible owns she can on people, and I got tired of responding, so we set up an automoderator rule to do it for us.

It replies to every post of hers, and the link takes you to the thread where she was like "I have not been run off of a dozen forums for being a Star Citizen shill, prove it!" and then a bunch of people did and she ran away

It loving enrages her, captainwhoeverthefuck, and apparently vertisce now, which makes it the best idea I've ever had besides getting Kayak lmao

:lol:

This is great. The Boo Huxley character has been a generous contributor to Star Citizen shillery since the early days. It's kind of nice to know that while we sit here and bash it, she/they are out there with google alerts to rescue Star Citizen from every bad comment or throw out a great upsale shill to some totally random people talking about random space games.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

The Titanic posted:

I.. I'm not even sure who they are! Are they bad tier waifus? I'm sure it was either this or some high quality hentai sex on a slowly sinking ship! :dogtits:

"Use the power of your breasts to keep the sip afloat, Mina-San!"

You clicked this hoping for hentai girls keeping a ship afloat with their tits. +10 depravity for you!

+10 depravity for me. For what it's worth, I think your anime girls are cute.

https://www.rsiupdates.com/citizencon

It's coming. I can't wait to see all the new gameplay footage and cinematics. I just hope that the lack of willingness to crowdfund the event doesn't hurt it :(

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
This is your reminder to keep your video capture software handy and ready. Citizen Con will be featuring Chris Roberts playing with some of the backers who show up.

The concept is a small warm up with some FPS action and a race, followed by a longer mission that uses the new mission giver and new assets. The ending of the mission is supposed to have the players, all working together, jump their vehicle off a cliff and into the waiting and open hatch of a ship one of the other players is piloting.

CR believes this will be the magic gameplay button that will be the perfect example of what Star Citizen is supposed to be about. High production, visionary missions full of excitement, and a world where you are the action hero.

CR is demanding this year be a turning point for wavering backers, where the usual "let's look at this PowerPoint ah heh heh funding ah heh um commercial for a ship ah heh. Um.. buy this thing!" Will be replaced with actual content.

He was upstaged by Double Damage, and when their poo poo tier game looks like it kicks Star Citizen's rear end, and they go after him directly in their marketing, and they also show over an hour of somebody actually playing the game; and people loving love it, he's going to up the score.

Expect this year to be wildly different where Star Citizen redefines itself as a market leader, taking these other games by the horns and kicking their asses.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

HoneyBakedMAN posted:

+10 depravity for me. For what it's worth, I think your anime girls are cute.

https://www.rsiupdates.com/citizencon

It's coming. I can't wait to see all the new gameplay footage and cinematics. I just hope that the lack of willingness to crowdfund the event doesn't hurt it :(

When you get to 50, you can start making official requests for.. ah... Star Citizen "extra content" such as rape dungeons and hacking people up into smaller pieces so you can store them in a smaller bathroom. You can also request ah.. extra functionality for bathrooms. :heysexy:

So you know what you have to do!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

The Titanic posted:

When you get to 50, you can start making official requests for.. ah... Star Citizen "extra content" such as rape dungeons and hacking people up into smaller pieces so you can store them in a smaller bathroom. You can also request ah.. extra functionality for bathrooms. :heysexy:

So you know what you have to do!
It's funny that CIG won't censure you for this bullshit, but making an official request for the functional spaceship game and you paid for gets you put straight to the top of their shitlist.

e:brevity

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
I can't wait to see Chris play his game again this Citizen Con.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Q: can we get a functional game and a working flight model?

A: What the gently caress is wrong with you? Do you know how loving hard video games is to make. We can't even think about stupid low tier poo poo like that until OCS and RTV and POH is anywhere near done! And those are all at [edited]97% completion across the board and are almost ready[/edited] So take this dumb request away because you're just going to stress out the loving developers working [edited]normal business hours and not any time over holidays or weekends[/edited] and some of those guys haven't seen their families [edited]since 8am this morning when they came in happily to work[/edited].

Q: Can we get some new 4K underwear on our mans? Oh also I want a whole new system dedicated to orthodontics!

A: This is a totally legitimate request and we will start working on this right away. Our new procedural teeth technology is going to blow you away. If you don't brush twice daily, a bad breath meter will rise, and people will treat you worse. Your teeth will also slowly turn yellow and develop cavities. Also we can't wait to unveil our new line of RSI undergarments! We even have frilly bras for the female characters that are right around the corner! Thank you for this awesome question! See you in the verse!

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

The Titanic posted:

Expect this year to be wildly different where Star Citizen redefines itself as a market leader, taking these other games by the horns and kicking their asses.

hell ya dawg c u in the verse

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
The Captains Table discuss shilling half way through tonight's stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/310615560?t=01h05m29s

Host Paul Shelley announces that many of CIG's staff are subscribers to his channel - i.e. sponsoring him

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Titanic posted:

"Use the power of your breasts to keep the ship afloat, Mina-San!"

Trash tier! In their own show they had to beat pedo-bait, shy-perfect-waifu, and rich-weirdo-mcEyebrows. That's pretty hard! No chance in hell.

Fortunately for you K-on was ridiculously popular so I'm sure someone could find hentai of them disguised as ships.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

teh_Broseph posted:

I can't wait to see Chris play his game again this Citizen Con.

What (besides land/space condo sales) are they even going to have to show for themselves at Citcon? The reality of the broken mess they have after 7 years and 200 million dollars is so noxious that even the most crazy sizzle reel can't really generate hype except among the most hopeless whales.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

you say trash tier waifu now, but just wait till hollywood rejects Sandy (again) and Crobberts finds her a job synchronizing anime... or worse, Hentai

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

The Titanic posted:

The concept is a small warm up with some FPS action and a race, followed by a longer mission that uses the new mission giver and new assets. The ending of the mission is supposed to have the players, all working together, jump their vehicle off a cliff and into the waiting and open hatch of a ship one of the other players is piloting.

Literally everything Crobbers does is stolen from movies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnI2ssIPr3s&t=327s

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I was gonna say stolen from better movies but it's ST: Nemesis.

Still better than the WC movie

Grubby Hobo
Feb 13, 2018

There's something else about bears not many people know. If a bear gets hooked on the taste of crowdfunding, it becomes a man-killer. He'll go on a rampage and has to be destroyed. And that's why you should never hug a bear.

HoneyBakedMAN posted:

I haven't been following development closely (been too busy spreading FUD). Are they seriously planning on accurately modeling earth, our solar system and 100 other solar systems? Why aren't there 100 other galaxies? You guys need to step up your funding!

You will be able to land your ship outside your own house or apartment and walk in and see yourself playing the game.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

trucutru posted:

Trash tier! In their own show they had to beat pedo-bait, shy-perfect-waifu, and rich-weirdo-mcEyebrows. That's pretty hard! No chance in hell.

Fortunately for you K-on was ridiculously popular so I'm sure someone could find hentai of them disguised as ships.

What.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

Please stop crowdfunding things. Everybody else too, thanks in advance.

I want Battletech and Banner Saga.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Grubby Hobo posted:

You will be able to land your ship outside your own house or apartment and walk in and see yourself playing the game.

I want to land outside of Robert's hanger and watch him play the game.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Tippis posted:

I'm sure she agrees that getting Kayak was one of the best ideas she's ever had.

Married man spotted.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sarsapariller posted:

Literally everything Crobbers does is stolen from movies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnI2ssIPr3s&t=327s

It's not a real IP until it's been stolen by Roberts and given life in a while new way!

I for one am in sheer excitement for the demo at the next CitCon. I think it's going to be where CIG yanks the stops out, and tears it up. They are done being literally everybody's bitch company. I think it was Double Damage that finally pushed CIG over and CR is ready to show everybody that he is, in fact, making a fantastic game.

He understands that the silly sales pitches from the last ones aren't something he can do this year, seeing as how the ante is raised as the media is hungry for blood. It's him, and the BDSSE, and of course some lucky backers who will be playing with him and featured in the final YouTube cut!

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
OCS = Old Commando School... Commander?

I can't remember. gently caress this non-joke.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

ggangensis posted:

external studios delivered assets with wrong size

What does this mean? Years later and I still don't know.

"The screwdriver was incorrectly delivered as left-handed"

"The liquid was ordered as 1 cubic metre, but was delivered in a cylinder container"

"The sound files were delivered too loud"

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

Grubby Hobo posted:

Will I be able to peep on my hot neighbor and touch myself without facing stimperial consequences?

Seriously though, people's expectations for this game are totally bouncing off the walls crazy, especially considering what scant results we've seen so far from the most open development ever. There's no way in hell the citizens will be satisfied, even if CIG manages to release a good game.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

The Titanic posted:

Q: can we get a functional game and a working flight model?

A: What the gently caress is wrong with you? Do you know how loving hard video games is to make. We can't even think about stupid low tier poo poo like that until OCS and RTV and POH is anywhere near done! And those are all at [edited]97% completion across the board and are almost ready[/edited] So take this dumb request away because you're just going to stress out the loving developers working [edited]normal business hours and not any time over holidays or weekends[/edited] and some of those guys haven't seen their families [edited]since 8am this morning when they came in happily to work[/edited].

Q: Can we get some new 4K underwear on our mans? Oh also I want a whole new system dedicated to orthodontics!

A: This is a totally legitimate request and we will start working on this right away. Our new procedural teeth technology is going to blow you away. If you don't brush twice daily, a bad breath meter will rise, and people will treat you worse. Your teeth will also slowly turn yellow and develop cavities. Also we can't wait to unveil our new line of RSI undergarments! We even have frilly bras for the female characters that are right around the corner! Thank you for this awesome question! See you in the verse!

This is a good post. I always noticed this but I think it was subconscious - wasn't until I read this that the dichotomy of their answers fully realized in my brain. They really do get pissy when the question is about something concrete like "making the game we paid for" and it gets dreamy and excited when the question is "fluff theorycrafting bullshit."

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

colonelwest posted:

What (besides land/space condo sales) are they even going to have to show for themselves at Citcon? The reality of the broken mess they have after 7 years and 200 million dollars is so noxious that even the most crazy sizzle reel can't really generate hype except among the most hopeless whales.

Excuse you, they were mocapping some dude from Manchester Acting College who had been on Coronation Street! AND The Bill!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Sillybones posted:

What does this mean? Years later and I still don't know.

"The screwdriver was incorrectly delivered as left-handed"

"The liquid was ordered as 1 cubic metre, but was delivered in a cylinder container"

"The sound files were delivered too loud"

CIG never told Illfonic that they shrunk everything way down to make the maps larger, so the scale of everything was way off. An Illfonic marine, might be a 50ft giant to a CIG one.

You can't just adjust the properties and scale everything down like you would a jpeg, because it fucks with everything else. Its like trying to take a thumbnail, and resize it to a full screen jpeg. It breaks everything.

That micro scale that CIG is running, is also partly responsible for why everything is broken.