Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

He should do the right thing for his health and family and retire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schmug
May 20, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

He should do the right thing for his health and family and retire.

I mean he has nothing left to play for now that he has like 100mil guaranteed, so...

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

He's going to be the one person blocking Carson Wentz as being the best QB in the NFL until he goes.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1041330595626975232

Still dead. RIP

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I still cannot believe this forum has this much power.

schmug
May 20, 2007

https://twitter.com/OddsShark/status/1041115540553695232/photo/1

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
This move has Hue Jackson written all over it. I wish Hard Knocks was still going.

schmug
May 20, 2007

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

This move has Hue Jackson written all over it. I wish Hard Knocks was still going.

Ok this keeps coming up and I have two questions:

1.) How is Hue responsible for this?
2.) If he was, how is it "wrong"?

We don't have all the facts, but seriously, how many shots should this dude get? Gordon I mean. Hue shoulda been gone already.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

In fairness, Hue thinking someone's had too many chances at their current position on a team's roster is especially rich

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I have no doubt this is a Dorsey thing.

schmug
May 20, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

In fairness, Hue thinking someone's had too many chances at their current position on a team's roster is especially rich

it is, but Gordon has been doing this for 6 years, this is only the start of the third for Hue.

1-31-1 so what

Diqnol posted:

I have no doubt this is a Dorsey thing.
yeah, my money is on this too. more "not my guy" philosophy.

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~
Is there any streaming sites that record games rather than just live? Im at work all day today but Id like to watch after and at least pretend its live... usually I do buffstreams or whatever works from r/nflstreams

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Slam this poo poo into my veins. QB controversy in the NFC:S, hasn't happened in like 3 years.

Spoeank posted:

HANDSOME JAMES NEEDS WEAPONS

Serious question, was Gordan's miracle season under Browns OC Kyle Shanahan? Because my dude... this is probably gonna happen.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Sep 16, 2018

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

September In Memoriam:

The Bosa Family
Cleveland Browns’ best start
Cleveland Browns fans
Mariota
Rodgers

schmug
May 20, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

Serious question, was Gordan's miracle season under Browns OC Kyle Shanahan? Because my dude... this is probably gonna happen.

you mean did Kyle keep him from loving up his life and help him avoid drug tests for one year?

but, no. I think it was Norv

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Chilichimp posted:

Slam this poo poo into my veins. QB controversy in the NFC:S, hasn't happened in like 3 years.

nope, Norv Turner was the OC in 2013.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Our boy Norv

e: f, b

schmug
May 20, 2007

Still gonna say it was mostly just dumb luck(testing wise), and outrageous talent that got him that year.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Also Hoyer and Manziel tried force feeding the ball to Josh under Shanahan and that didn't work out so well, lots of miscommunications on routes and errent passes.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Flikken posted:

nope, Norv Turner was the OC in 2013.

Torrey Smith for Josh Gordon straight up

vvv heck

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Sep 16, 2018

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

That joke of misspelling josh gordon's name is really quite played out

schmug
May 20, 2007

Cavauro posted:

That joke of misspelling josh gordon's name is really quite played out

lol that's intentional? nerdball, go!

or goonball? hmm...

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Cum Ball.

schmug
May 20, 2007

mmmmmm

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think football is great and the Browns are dumb for letting Gordon go.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It's this.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:same:

schmug
May 20, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

yes, the browns are dumb because Gordon doesn't give a gently caress about football

to clarify, the browns are hella dumb, but this isn't one of the reasons.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m not sold on this just yet. Too many unknowns right now, and as much as I love watching him play and am rooting for him, there’s no denying he’s had a million chances.

He’s needs to end up in a place that’s in the middle of nowhere and is lame as gently caress, and has an offense that will allow him to produce to build his self-esteem; Green Bay sounds good.

Dallas, Seattle, and SF would be some of the worst places for him unless he gets the Dez treatment, which actually hints at what is likely the bigger problem: the people around him.

That was a lot of words to say that he’s running out of chances.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
my apologies to the genius who came up with the "It's all I have left" title for my av after the Super Bowl. I rolled the dice in a GBS thread and was given a new redtext.

luckily, it still fits the avatar almost perfectly

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I love Josh Gordon and think he's a top 5 WR, but I believe he has missed 44 out of the last 50 games now and at some point I can see the Browns needing to go another way. Gordon could probably use a change of scenery as well.

If they cut him this is dumb, but if they manage to trade him for something I don't think it's a terrible move.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1041351122764668928

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://mobile.twitter.com/TonyDungy/status/1041347752389738496

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

oh man alert set up

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VastXQ_hPb0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSz16ngdsG0

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
Being on weekend shift means no beer and lovely garbage food during football games but it does mean I get paid to watch :toot:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Johnny Football and Josh Gordon chilling at a bar in heaven, four beers and two shots already down before the 1:00 games start

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Kalli posted:

Also for anyone that wants to get into some serious stat nerdery:

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1040384896009691137

thanks for this! it's much easier to install/use than the python/SQL database hybrid I had been using, although it's a bit less functional.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Aren't the Cowboys known for rehabbing troubled players? Seems like JG could get straightened out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Aren't the Cowboys known for rehabbing troubled players? Seems like JG could get straightened out there.

• Locked thread