Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

steinrokkan posted:

I thought the Mothman was a good guy

Mothman is his own man, as well as his own moth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
https://local.theonion.com/caterpillar-in-pupal-stage-for-past-3-months-going-to-b-1828337602

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Cyberpunkey Monkey posted:

Simple answer? Enjoy the riot and don't be a tryhard who believes that winning at video games makes you a winner in life.

I never know what the gently caress you're talking about man

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

steinrokkan posted:

If the people from Vault 76 are online game players, then the Mothman is the good guy.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

He is! Look how he is watching over those poor survivors... he's watching from above, keeping them safe! He's like Batman but cool!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

deathbagel posted:

He is! Look how he is watching over those poor survivors... he's watching from above, keeping them safe! He's like Batman but cool!

He's going to take their blood.

dont be mean to me posted:

If the people from Vault 76 are online game players, then the Mothman is the good guy.

^

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Any new details about the new rust fallout game?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

Any new details about the new rust fallout game?

Yeah mostly that it's not like rust

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Donovan Trip posted:

Yeah mostly that it's not like rust

dongs will come with the promised mod support

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zelder posted:

I never know what the gently caress you're talking about man

Janky buggy shitshows of a game can be great fun if you're not up your own rear end about super serious MLG pro gamer business.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Cyberpunkey Monkey posted:

Janky buggy shitshows of a game can be great fun if you're not up your own rear end about super serious MLG pro gamer business.

"Wanting a game to be good and competently made" is not the same thing as being super serious MLG progamer fuckwittery.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I think the degree of polish a game can have is sort of proportional to its ambitions, where I'm far, far more likely to forgive bugs and jank if the game is extremely ambitious and creates a valuable core experience.

The problem with Bethesda, IMO, is that they've been granted this sort of leeway for long enough that people now rightly start to think "well, wait, they still haven't solved those issues?"

That said, Fallout 4 was actually reasonably polished by their standards, both in terms of bug count and presentation.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

steinrokkan posted:

Cryptid chat time: the Mothman is a harbinger of coming disasters. Whether it's trying to warm people of the impending doom or actively responsible for it is up to interpretation. For further reading, check out John Keel's Visitors From Space, also known by its subtitle The Mothman Prophecies.

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

Father Wendigo posted:

Cryptid chat time: the Mothman is a harbinger of coming disasters. Whether it's trying to warm people of the impending doom or actively responsible for it is up to interpretation. For further reading, check out John Keel's Visitors From Space, also known by its subtitle The Mothman Prophecies.

It 100% tore down that bridge

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Savidudeosoo posted:

It 100% tore down that bridge

Ahem, it was trying to warn the people of Point Pleasant that the Silver Bridge was deeply structurally flawed. Also, gently caress you very much. :mad:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Mothman did nothing wrong.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Good old Fallout, never change.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Mothman was just there to feed on the extra dimensional energy of death and tragedy.

You want Mothman to starve?

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

Father Wendigo posted:

Ahem, it was trying to warn the people of Point Pleasant that the Silver Bridge was deeply structurally flawed. Also, gently caress you very much. :mad:

He's a killer under the employment of the men in black! All this Mothman love is normalizing a killer.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

He can have some of my socks?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Savidudeosoo posted:

He's a killer under the employment of the men in black! All this Mothman love is normalizing a killer.

He doesn't kill anyone, though.

Just wants their blood.

e;
and their socks.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Savidudeosoo posted:

One, that's exactly what the MiBs want you to think. Two, you're being pedantic since protagonists of most Fallout games kill literally hundreds of people and nobody so much as bats an eye. Three, Mothman does *NOT* consume blood; it is sustained by a psychic energy that evolution mercifully muted human senses to.

Also flannel. Socks are 'sometimes' food.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Father Wendigo posted:

One, that's exactly what the MiBs want you to think. Two, you're being pedantic since protagonists of most Fallout games kill literally hundreds of people and nobody so much as bats an eye. Three, Mothman does *NOT* consume blood; it is sustained by a psychic energy that evolution mercifully muted human senses to.

Also flannel. Socks are 'sometimes' food.

Tell that to the bloodmobile drivers.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

MariusLecter posted:

Those are giant carnivorous Devil Bats, dumbass. Totally different cryptid. :rolleyes:

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
"This thread" is the answer to the question, "Werix, why did you spend half an hour reading up on the silver bridge collapse and the Mothman?"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Father Wendigo posted:

Those are giant carnivorous mechanical Devil Bats, dumbass. Totally different cryptid. :rolleyes:

:smuggo:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Just because a genetically engineered gargantuan bat has to have a steel reinforced skeleton grafted onto it's existing bone structure to keep it from collapsing like a paper bag full of raw meat does not make it mechanical.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

MariusLecter posted:

Mothman is just a little confused, he's seen humans get ice cream off of trucks and assumes bloodmobiles are a similar concept.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I think the degree of polish a game can have is sort of proportional to its ambitions, where I'm far, far more likely to forgive bugs and jank if the game is extremely ambitious and creates a valuable core experience.

The problem with Bethesda, IMO, is that they've been granted this sort of leeway for long enough that people now rightly start to think "well, wait, they still haven't solved those issues?"

That said, Fallout 4 was actually reasonably polished by their standards, both in terms of bug count and presentation.

Yes, but...

1. Most of the bug related complaints that I've seen about most games these days are nitpicky bullshit.

2. I half suspect that Bethesda is intentionally leaving in some low hanging fruit bugs to entice the modding community.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if you guys want some West Virginia weird content including Mothman stuff, listen to the Adventure Zone podcast. The current arc is called Amnesty, and its set there

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Back Hack posted:

They sure do want all the money, what Bethesda really want to do is monetize mods as a whole using their own independent service, which they can't due right now because Value won't let them the after the disaster when they partnered up and tried it with Skyrim.

fallout 4 has paid mods right now on steam

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

corn in the bible posted:

Which work more like poorly done DLC more anything, and the free modding community has everything they have except better and so much more. My worry is them is creating a system where you can only get mods for your game through the Bethesda sevice, then it’s only a matter of time before they start charging for all mods on said service.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

corn in the bible posted:

With 76 they will have an excuse to ban all mods that aren't monetized by Bethesda.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

With 76 they will have an excuse to ban all mods that aren't monetized by Bethesda.

Or make non-Creation Club mods require a private server [$14.99/month].

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Father Wendigo posted:

Or make non-Creation Club mods require a private server [$14.99/month].

Why not both?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Again, people have been saying this was both imminent and inevitable for 2 decades at this point.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

7c Nickel posted:

Again, people have been saying this was both imminent and inevitable for 2 decades at this point.

They've absolutely been trying out a new system of nickel and diming people every few years since Oblivion though.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Fallout NV DLCing.

So Old World Blues was rad, really enjoyed it. Leveled up a fuckload in there though so yeah. Went in at 27 and am now 36? Anyway headed off to do Dead Money... fuuucck it's boring. After OWB the setting is so meh. I found dog and christine the other day then went to bed because I was tired. It's a few days later now and I'm really struggling with the idea of firing it up again because of how boring it was.

How much longer does this one go on for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"
Mothman themed Power Armor would be :krad: