Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

89 posted:

I also wasn't aware that the coach calling the plays in Arizona is the guy who refused to use Melvin Gordon as a pass catcher.

I mean, I'm not sure the numbers support this. His rookie season, where he only played 14 games, Gordon was competing with a healthy Woodhead as the main receiving back and still got 37 targets. Woodhead was better at it, and got 100+ targets. Gordon also just had a terrible season all around

His sophmore year (same coach; woodhead injured), he got 57 targets, while missing 3 games; a 70 target pace, which would have made him the 8th most targeted RB - he was 15th instead. The backup RB got another 17.

:shrug:

Zauper fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Sep 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

RoS:

Ebron or Eifert for TE? I feel like I’m wasting roster space carry both.
Watson or Tyrod for QB (or stream, maybe? see who’s on the wire?)

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Lost a whole bunch this week with decent scores. drat weekly high scorers!!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

winvirus posted:

RoS:

Watson or Tyrod for QB (or stream, maybe? see who’s on the wire?)

What's scoring like? I'm more apt to lean Ebron because he's scored a TD in back-to-back games. I think the Bengals are starting to spread that ball around and the other WRs are getting love now.

Watson over Tyrod for sure.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

pubic works project posted:

What's scoring like? I'm more apt to lean Ebron because he's scored a TD in back-to-back games. I think the Bengals are starting to spread that ball around and the other WRs are getting love now.

Watson over Tyrod for sure.

PPR. I think you’re right, ebron is hot and getting love, Bengals spreading the ball around means fewer targets for eifert. thanks!

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

winvirus posted:

PPR. I think you’re right, ebron is hot and getting love, Bengals spreading the ball around means fewer targets for eifert. thanks!

Ebron had 45% snaps in game 1, and 27% in game 2. I wouldn't bet on him being safe..

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I love no IR.

Got Devonta Freeman, Doug Baldwin, and Goodwin on my bench. Drafted McKinnon and Walker.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
So i'm thinking about dropping Crowder after a couple weeks of doing diddly squat, is he worth holding onto? I had him last season when he basically was the same underwhelming fantasy player that was expected to be the top wideout on the Redskins.

It's 1 ppr and i'm thinking of dropping him for like Geronimo Allison, Chris Godwin, or Callaway. Leaning heavily on Allison, although Callaway's usage is promising since Gordons gone.

They'd all be stashes either way as i have Thielan, TY Hilton starting and Brandin Cooks on my bench already.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

Big numbers mean "more open" (i.e. further distance from the nearest defender), and the black circle is league average. The only one above-average distance in both is TE Ricky Seals-Jones, who's usually "covered" by linebackers, had a bad drop week 1, and occasionally runs the wrong route (see: Bradfordception week 1).

Got it. I understand what I did wrong; I was looking at it as if all l league receivers were being taken into account and didn’t realize the black circle was the league average.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Zauper posted:

Ebron had 45% snaps in game 1, and 27% in game 2. I wouldn't bet on him being safe..

I just think he's going to be a better play than Eifert. He's a huge redzone target for Luck and he's been utilizing him.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

winvirus posted:

RoS:

I had the same choice and I went with Ebron.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I think people need to be careful with Ebron. Like Zauper mentioned, his snap count is pretty low. He's purely a TD play at this point.

Probably still better than Eifert, so that's fine, but be prepared for the incoming stinkers from Ebron if his usage doesn't change.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

maybe i should try and make a trade for gronk. my team feels pretty stacked. i’d love to trade away injury-prone fournette for injury-prone gronk

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I did a 2-for-1 trade before the season started and the drat commissioner let it sit there for the full time before it automatically goes through instead of just pushing it. The whole time I'm just waiting to add Breida and on the 3rd day of the trade pending someone else got him ffs

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Not that I imagine it affects too many teams but Mike Wallace has apparently broken his leg.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Or not. Geez. Who's left over this? Are we all going to be picking up Aiken?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Ben Nevis posted:

Jeffrey is supposedly practicing this week.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Ben Nevis posted:

Maybe, but I'm guessing Jeffery comes back this week from his "week to week" classification (and probably dies)

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
https://mobile.twitter.com/OddsShark/status/1041722850468671489

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
My friend is asking me for thoughts on her trade offers and she's considering sending AB84 for CMC + Emmanuel Sanders in a standard league. My initial reaction is definitely not as CMC loses like half his value just from being standard league.

I think she's overly nervous because her only RB's are Lamar, Burkhead, and Ekeler, which is pretty gross currently. I'm not in any standard leagues this year so i'm not entirely sure.

Thoughts?

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
A guy in my league needed 8 points from OBJ to win last night. He got 5 pretty quick, but midway through the game he starts sending group texts complaining about how terrible the Giants' line is and how he's worried about OBJ picking up the last three. The Giants' o-line is indeed trash, so we get to watch this guy melt down in the chat as OBJ ends up picking up 2.3 more points over the rest of the night. Then, on the final garbage drive, Beckham gets a decent completion and the guy goes up by like .25 points & fills the chat with braggy yapping about how he knew his boys would pull through.

I wake up this morning, look at the chat, find out that he got hit with a 2-point stat correction, and lol a lot.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Poque posted:

Jacksonville went for $7 in my main league which is ultra-competitive. I got the Cards for $1 and I think they will be sneaky good.

Our defensive scoring was also changed and I think it rules and I'm excited for it.
1 pt for sacks
4 pts for TDs
3 pts for blocked kicks
3 points for interceptions
2.5 points for a forced fumble
1 point for a recovered fumble
4 points for a safety
0.5 points for a stuff

Yards: 9 + (YA * -0.03)

Update: Stuffs don't finalize on ESPN until the day after so literally everybody gets stat corrections on Monday morning and it is a nightmare.
Update 2: I already dropped the Cards after week 1, thank gently caress.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Forever_Peace posted:

Week 1 average separation from the nearest defender at the time of the catch/incompletion.

Week 2

Nobody is open and Bradford's passer rating is dead last among healthy starters (I can't in good faith keep Peterman as a point of comparison for anybody, he's just too bad).

This is pretty cool. I was going to shop Fitzgerald around but now I see he is injured.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
I mentioned this last year, but one of my favorite parts of the fantasy season is the weekly write-up I do for my money league. It’s in the vein of an Onion Sports article, and I portray myself and my league mates as rich, high-profile owner-coaches who have to address reporters regularly. It’s fun developing “characters” for people, for example one guy Drafted McKinnon and Baldwin, and now he’s a safety nut who requires his players to wear life vests in the showers and use the buddy system when going to the bathroom.

If your league doesn’t have something like this, I recommend you start one. I’m not the best comedy writer in the world, but I get texts every Tuesday morning with “Post that weekly, son!”

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Doppelganger posted:

I mentioned this last year, but one of my favorite parts of the fantasy season is the weekly write-up I do for my money league. It’s in the vein of an Onion Sports article, and I portray myself and my league mates as rich, high-profile owner-coaches who have to address reporters regularly. It’s fun developing “characters” for people, for example one guy Drafted McKinnon and Baldwin, and now he’s a safety nut who requires his players to wear life vests in the showers and use the buddy system when going to the bathroom.

If your league doesn’t have something like this, I recommend you start one. I’m not the best comedy writer in the world, but I get texts every Tuesday morning with “Post that weekly, son!”

Yeah I'd like to do something like that, I just don't have the time.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

That sounds like a lot of fun. Good on you. I think I have a guy in our league that'd be up to helm something like that.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Fast Luck posted:

I did a 2-for-1 trade before the season started and the drat commissioner let it sit there for the full time before it automatically goes through instead of just pushing it. The whole time I'm just waiting to add Breida and on the 3rd day of the trade pending someone else got him ffs

If your commissioner isn't going to approve the trades then why the gently caress is he part of the process.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
wtf is going on with Antonio Brown?

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

TommyGun85 posted:

What do you mean? Big ben overthrew him a lot. He got 17 targets yesterday; 33 in the first two games.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

TommyGun85 posted:

Last week Big Ben had a really bad week, and James Conner was running all over the defense, so they let him. This week, Big Ben had a really good week...by throwing to people not named Antonio Brown, since they were covering the poo poo out of him. I really really REALLY hope this poo poo stops soon, but I at least won this week despite it.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Brown isn't happy about it either.

RotoWorld posted:

Responding to a tweet saying Ben Roethlisberger is the reason he puts up numbers, Antonio Brown wrote, "Trade me let’s find out."

Advice: The tweet came from someone who previously handled public relations for the Steelers, so Brown is not responding to anyone with any power. Still, his emphatic response is at least notable after he was seen bickering with the coaching staff multiple times during the Week 2 loss to the Chiefs. Pittsburgh is certainly not going to trade Brown, but it seems like the receiver is unhappy with how things are going early in the season.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hey remember when this happened? I tried to trick another team into bidding 51 dollars for Mahomes and nobody bit and it backfired and I got Mahomes for $50 and thought it would ruin my draft?

I was so worried.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Sep 17, 2018

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
So I am thinking of dropping Winston for Corey Grant, which would give me all 3 Jax RBs (ugh). Who should I drop for a def?

Dynasty league with tiered scoring, .5 =wr, .75 = rb, 1pt = te.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

MacheteZombie posted:

So I am thinking of dropping Winston for Corey Grant, which would give me all 3 Jax RBs (ugh). Who should I drop for a def?

Dynasty league with tiered scoring, .5 =wr, .75 = rb, 1pt = te.

Just drop Balt for either the Jets or Dolphins?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Edit: nm moving on

89 fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Sep 17, 2018

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Just a humble :smug:-brag that it feels real good to be the Mahomes-Diggs-Melvin Gordon owner

welp see yall later after all 3 go down with injuries

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

AnacondaHL posted:

Just a humble :smug:-brag that it feels real good to be the Mahomes-Diggs-Melvin Gordon owner

welp see yall later after all 3 go down with injuries

Please don't jinx it.

Also the Vikes signed Bailey.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Looks like Shady has cracked rib cartilage expected to miss 1 game. Suddenly Vikings - 16.5 seems to low.

https://twitter.com/MatthewBerryTMR/status/1041756960117477378?s=19

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Sep 17, 2018

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

pubic works project posted:

Also the Vikes signed Bailey.

So I know, lol kickers, but the Eagles really don't seem to be giving Jake Elliot the opportunities to succeed (also that field goal he hosed up by hitting the poll certainly doesn't help).

I wouldn't burn a waiver spot on it, but worth dropping Elliot for Bailey if he's still out there post waivers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

thrawn527 posted:

So I know, lol kickers, but the Eagles really don't seem to be giving Jake Elliot the opportunities to succeed (also that field goal he hosed up by hitting the poll certainly doesn't help).

I wouldn't burn a waiver spot on it, but worth dropping Elliot for Bailey if he's still out there post waivers?

I would consider it. I will probably grab him in both of my non-dynasty leagues.