Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Didn't Moon Knight team up with Gamora in Original Sin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Open Marriage Night posted:

Didn't Moon Knight team up with Gamora in Original Sin?

Marc's been punched in the head a lot since then.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

SilverSupernova posted:

Marc's been punched in the head a lot since then.

I think Spidey is proof that head trauma is no excuse.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's why they're kindred spirits.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Gavok posted:

A few years ago, there was a gang of criminals linked by being permanently injured by Batman in one way or another (ie. a guy who had a boot print embedded in his face). One was a guy who picked up a discarded batarang during a fight, threw it and it boomeranged into his skull. Now it's lodged into his head and he'll occasionally interrupt his own speech to say random words.

That seems familiar wasn't there a guy who got bataranged and it gave him a brain haemorrhage? I thought it was interesting.

Batman really should just never lay a hand on anyone,i wanna see pacifist batman.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Closest thing I can think of is that elseworld comic where Bruce was a doctor at Arkham who worked to rehabilitate the criminals he arrested. That was pretty neat.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Push El Burrito posted:

Hell the Moon Knight quick change thing I posted happened in a story where Spider-Man jumped in and punched him.

Yeah, but that's Moon Knight, punching him first isn't the worst instinct.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I vaguely recall smuggling diamonds in bananas being a Tintin plot and now I'm curious if it were a whole thing at some point.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I much prefer this rough draft of the Aladdin script tbh

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Ghostlight posted:

I vaguely recall smuggling diamonds in bananas being a Tintin plot and now I'm curious if it were a whole thing at some point.

It was opium in cigars, I think?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It might be something else then, because I distinctly remember someone eating bananas and complaining about all the seeds, at which point someone is like "bananas don't have seeds!" then the other person opens their mouth to show a bunch of diamonds stuck in their teeth.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Grendels Dad posted:

Batman could be a millionaire if he sold that formula!

"I don't want to be a millionaire. I want to throw boomerang knives at people."

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

SilverSupernova posted:

Spoilers for Infinity Wars.

Aren't they stones not gems? Or did they change it back again?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

They are currently stones to match the MCU, but ultimately like all marketing-driven editorial changes in comics it requires the writer to give a poo poo about remembering that.

But on the other hand, gems are a type of stone anyway.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Five of them are currently stones. Soul is still in a gem form. Part of the story from the beginning has been what has changed them, both in color and in physical form.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

This touches on my favorite running joke in Ultimate Spider-Man: eventually, almost everyone realizes they're getting dunked on by a smart-rear end kid. The reactions are mostly great.

Especially the time Black Cat threw up all over Pete's crotch.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

ConfusedUs posted:

This touches on my favorite running joke in Ultimate Spider-Man: eventually, almost everyone realizes they're getting dunked on by a smart-rear end kid. The reactions are mostly great.

Especially the time Black Cat threw up all over Pete's crotch.

Bendis was a little ridiculous in having like every villain figure out spider man's identity, but there's this great moment after ultimate peterdies in which Flash is sitting in a clasroom going "uhhh.... was I the only one who didn't know Peter was spider man?"

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Monaghan posted:

Bendis was a little ridiculous in having like every villain figure out spider man's identity, but there's this great moment after ultimate peterdies in which Flash is sitting in a clasroom going "uhhh.... was I the only one who didn't know Peter was spider man?"

I remember one issue where one of Ultimate Peter's classmates turns out to be a mutant (Ultimate Firestar I think?), her powers awaken during a party and she flies away in a panic. Another one of their classmates goes "Someone should go after her" and Peter says "Why are you all looking at me like that?", so the classmate says "Alright then, if you want it that way. OH GEE, I SURE WISH SPIDER-MAN WAS HERE, SO HE COULD GO AFTER HER AND TALK TO HER."

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think most of the villains finding out, or maybe not so much finding out but just unmasking him, actually felt appropriate. He was a kid with no training going against actual criminals. Powers or not it's likely a kid is going to get in over his head more often than not in that kind of situation.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

A similar thing came up with Jessica Jones figuring out Miles' secret identity in like a day. Kids are bad at these things.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mikl posted:

I remember one issue where one of Ultimate Peter's classmates turns out to be a mutant (Ultimate Firestar I think?), her powers awaken during a party and she flies away in a panic. Another one of their classmates goes "Someone should go after her" and Peter says "Why are you all looking at me like that?", so the classmate says "Alright then, if you want it that way. OH GEE, I SURE WISH SPIDER-MAN WAS HERE, SO HE COULD GO AFTER HER AND TALK TO HER."

That was probably Kong

X-O posted:

I think most of the villains finding out, or maybe not so much finding out but just unmasking him, actually felt appropriate. He was a kid with no training going against actual criminals. Powers or not it's likely a kid is going to get in over his head more often than not in that kind of situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPefOfu2TIU

Although, honestly teenagers get away with poo poo all of the time. As an adult I referenced poo poo to my parents I assumed they knew about and were just coy, only to realize they had no loving clue I did that, and my mom was a loving reporter at the time.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Sep 17, 2018

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skwirl posted:

That was probably Kong

It was. Kenny just figured it out on his own. Also it was a bit more forceful than quoted above.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I liked how Kong figured out Peter Parker was Spider-Man. He didn't notice any huge mistake or see him with his mask off or any dramatic detective work. He was just sitting around one night, vegging out, possibly stoned and realized, wait, Peter Parker being Spider-Man would make 100% sense.

Another great example of someone figuring out a secret identity: a recent comic where Jameson needed to track down Eddie Brock but didn't know where to start. Then he saw a Venom photo in a newspaper that was credited to a "Mr. Sym" and was all, "I know Brock is a poor man's Peter Parker, but it can't be this easy!"

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gavok posted:

I liked how Kong figured out Peter Parker was Spider-Man. He didn't notice any huge mistake or see him with his mask off or any dramatic detective work. He was just sitting around one night, vegging out, possibly stoned and realized, wait, Peter Parker being Spider-Man would make 100% sense.

Another great example of someone figuring out a secret identity: a recent comic where Jameson needed to track down Eddie Brock but didn't know where to start. Then he saw a Venom photo in a newspaper that was credited to a "Mr. Sym" and was all, "I know Brock is a poor man's Peter Parker, but it can't be this easy!"

At least it wasn't like "Symon Balthazar Oat"

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

X-O posted:

It was. Kenny just figured it out on his own. Also it was a bit more forceful than quoted above.

I remember another one that had a lighter tone like Mikl posted, and they were at school, but now I'm not sure anymore, would they pull the same stunt twice like this?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Gavok posted:

I love scenes like this, where the character is just sitting there and putting the pieces together. The one in spider man homecoming was fantastic.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
And then there's this:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Peter, some of those people are literal psychics.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Monaghan posted:

I love scenes like this, where the character is just sitting there and putting the pieces together. The one in spider man homecoming was fantastic.

The car ride? Yeah, that was great.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

X-O posted:

Man Ultimate Spider-Man was a land of contrasts

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
We Australians are just finding needles in strawberries.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I like the inverse joke from the end of Super Spiderman where Peter finally regains control of his body after Doc Ock took it over

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Super Sons 16

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Senior Woodchuck posted:

And then there's this:

If I woke up naked surrounded by a bunch of people, my mask would be the least of my worries.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Infinitum posted:

I like the inverse joke from the end of Super Spiderman where Peter finally regains control of his body after Doc Ock took it over

I want you all to look at the first panel
Tell me if the bottom half is a continuation of the roof or the side of the building.

Because jesus that is loving me up

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It's the side of the building.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Looks like a continuation of the surface of the roof to me, just shadowed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

davidspackage posted:

Looks like a continuation of the surface of the roof to me, just shadowed.

Same, or Spidey has some crazy long toes going over the edge