Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Browns got a 5th round pick for an incredibly unreliable WR who had played like 5 games in the last three years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

pats sports radio complaining about getting gordon lol goddamn

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

:toxx:

https://twitter.com/marcsesslernfl/status/1041110979570880512?s=21

rip

e: well it’s too funny to just post once

Vertical Lime fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Sep 17, 2018

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Metapod posted:

I'm happy for josh
I think he wanted out

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
So they’re trying to save his career by making this excuse and Hue is just blunt about things.

I’m okay with trying to help Zane after that horror of a performance. I’m over it. Mercy.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Imagine all the crazy poo poo Brady's quack doctor can write Gordon prescriptions for

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

cavallingus posted:

I think he wanted out

Comedy option. Bill called him and told him to gently caress up to work the trade out. That’s why Gordon is taking it in stride. He gets to leave and go play with a GOAT throwing to him.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
The Browns weren't dumb for quitting on Gordon.

The Pats being the only team willing to gamble virtually 0 draft value on a physical freak who looked great with Brandon Weeden throwing to him is...hard to understand however.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Gatts posted:

Comedy option. Bill called him and told him to gently caress up to work the trade out.

this is probably the truth

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

a neat cape posted:

The Browns got a 5th round pick for an incredibly unreliable WR who had played like 5 games in the last three years

If he catches a single pass for the Patriots he is better than whatever WR they could have used that pick on almost certainly.

He’s going to get 2000 yards in 14 games of course.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Is weed a nightshade

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

I was actually thinking that it was just a lame excuse on the kickers side and that might be the case

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lol

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1041791997911228417

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

yay

schmug
May 20, 2007

Play posted:

I was actually thinking that it was just a lame excuse on the kickers side and that might be the case

yeah that's a hell of a groin pull he's been hiding for the past 18 months.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

that joke doesn't make sense

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the Zane Gonzalez story is getting really weird over the last week or so. He didn't fare well in week 1 either and since then he's been going around to female reporters saying he got injured in the balls and dick awhile ago, and offering to give them the exclusive on the injury "if you know what Zane means" talking in first person like that. Hue did know about it but is feigning ignorance

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Cavauro posted:

the Zane Gonzalez story is getting really weird over the last week or so. He didn't fare well in week 1 either and since then he's been going around to female reporters saying he got injured in the balls and dick awhile ago, and offering to give them the exclusive on the injury "if you know what Zane means" talking in first person like that. Hue did know about it but is feigning ignorance

Lol.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

a neat cape posted:

Yeah I mean, it's exciting, but how much realistically was anyone giving up for a long shot on a guy who can't stay on the field?

Also Marc Sessler might kill himself now.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

sean10mm posted:

This lottery ticket will cost the difference in value between a late 5th and an early 7th.

30 TEAMS: OH NOES THE RISK
:patssay: LOL

Haha, it's significantly cheaper then what I wanted to offer yesterday:

Kalli posted:

I'd be fine with trading a 6th that could conditionally be as high as a 3rd if he various metrics.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Cavauro posted:

look you cant put a Brown on IR for getting kicked in the balls

the entire team would be on it

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Also Marc Sessler might kill himself now.

No tweets since Saturday when the whole thing happened. Maybe he already did.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

gordon just wants to move to MA for the legal weed.

schmug
May 20, 2007

wandler20 posted:

No tweets since Saturday when the whole thing happened. Maybe he already did.

is that his asshat trainer?

edit:
apparently not. my bad. but gently caress his trainer.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1041794927242428416

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:laffo:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1041795361302609920

Nov 6, 2002

Todd Haley uses the Erhardt-Perkins systems as New England always has under Belichick. How useful Gordon is will depend more on how quickly Brady trusts him vs any other shenanigans. Expect some future news tweet about the Patriots putting Gordon's locker next to Brady or some such nonsense.

schmug
May 20, 2007

yeah if that involves running routes correctly you can forget it

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

schmug posted:

yeah if that involves running routes correctly you can forget it

Brandon Weeden got all pro production out of him, how can Brady possibly hope to match tha

Nov 6, 2002

I mean, you gotta think his role will be to take the top off pretty much every time he's on the field.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Todd Haley uses the Erhardt-Perkins systems as New England always has under Belichick. How useful Gordon is will depend more on how quickly Brady trusts him vs any other shenanigans. Expect some future news tweet about the Patriots putting Gordon's locker next to Brady or some such nonsense.

No, the Browns use the Perkis System.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

I hope Gordon steals the MAGA hat and burns it

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

BUG JUG posted:

gordon just wants to move to MA for the legal weed.
I wish our horseface GM thought of that

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean, you gotta think his role will be to take the top off pretty much every time he's on the field.

Yeah, I mean, I think we're all fine if his route tree is post, go and double move go.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

sean10mm posted:

This lottery ticket will cost the difference in value between a late 5th and an early 7th.

30 TEAMS: OH NOES THE RISK
:patssay: LOL

:emptyquote:

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

lol Mazz: BRADY IS PISSED THEY BROUGHT IN GORDON

i can't even.

Nov 6, 2002

sportsgenius86 posted:

No, the Browns use the Perkis System.

The what?

schmug
May 20, 2007

sean10mm posted:

Brandon Weeden got all pro production out of him, how can Brady possibly hope to match tha

for exactly that reason. Weeden can't hit the broadside of a barn, but he can say go get it.

this will work if he can stay straight

Nov 6, 2002

exploded mummy posted:

I hope Gordon steals the MAGA hat and burns it

:smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I just threw up in my mouth.

• Locked thread