Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

suuma posted:

Did this get posted yet

https://youtu.be/zgqz8Je7P0s

e: oh it's 2 weeks old lol

I really hope we get a new game in the series someday. Whether we play as Geralt or Ciri or whoever. Witcher 3 was such a good game. Game of the decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Thanks CDPR, good to know you care about the fans more than you care about your employees :)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Verranicus posted:

I really hope we get a new game in the series someday. Whether we play as Geralt or Ciri or whoever. Witcher 3 was such a good game. Game of the decade.

There's a Netflix series based on the Witcher coming, its by far cd project red's biggest IP and property and there's no way they aren't gonna make more games in it past Gwent.

They've even said in interviews that they're going to make another, although Geralt's tale was a trilogy so it won't be Witcher 4 per se. (Which sounds like you already knew)

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Zaphod42 posted:

There's a Netflix series based on the Witcher coming, its by far cd project red's biggest IP and property and there's no way they aren't gonna make more games in it past Gwent.

They've even said in interviews that they're going to make another, although Geralt's tale was a trilogy so it won't be Witcher 4 per se. (Which sounds like you already knew)

I'm not holding my breath on the Netflix series. Low expectations can only leave me pleasantly surprised.

And yeah, as much as I wish we could just keep adventuring with Geralt I understand if they want to switch POVs or something and I'd be totally down with playing as Ciri. The "canon" ending was her and Geralt going off to be Witchers together and then going their separate ways after all, wasn't it?

It's more that I don't want to wait, haha. CDPR were always a dev I liked a lot after Witcher 1 and especially 2, but 3 turned me into a full on fanboy and that's not something that usually happens with me. I'm super excited to see how Cyberpunk turns out.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Who bewitches the witcher

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

FirstAidKite posted:

If it ain't a sitcom, no go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOOFdNWPP04

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

FirstAidKite posted:

The Witcher bewitches me. :unsmith:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

whichever big titty sorceress he saw last

e: witchever

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Looper posted:

i don't remember being bothered by the tutorials and slow pace in Moon (skipped XY) but i was also in a big depressive funk at the time so my experience isn't reliable. i do want to play it again tho

Moon felt like a huge step back from ORAS to me. Fewer of the cool convenience features and the world felt like a tiny theme-park in comparison. The tutorializing was almost Mario and Luigi: Dream Team level. Also the wardrobe options were so limited compared to XY it felt almost pointless to have kept that feature.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Zaphod42 posted:

isn’t the witcher some books. I don’t think cdpr owns the IP. but I’m not sure

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I'm excited to grind drowners in the witcher online

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

b_d posted:

isn’t the witcher some books. I don’t think cdpr owns the IP. but I’m not sure

AFAIK, they're only loosely adapting from the books and the author isn't involved but I didn't dig any further because after the casting call for Ciri every discussion about the series turned into racism and pedantry.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Relax Or DIE posted:

I'm excited to grind drowners in the witcher online

I would unironically like this.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Samuringa posted:

AFAIK, they're only loosely adapting from the books and the author isn't involved but I didn't dig any further because after the casting call for Ciri every discussion about the series turned into racism and pedantry.

who's tony the tiger and the second red wing

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

kazooie
banjo
incineroar
shovel knight
shantae
waluigi
geno
waddle dee
isaac
goku
kazooie wing 2

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I thought that might’ve been Donkey Kong’s hand but he has five fingers, Banjo has four

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

also dk is already in smash

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Oops I meant funky Kong

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

it's funny to me, to imagine dk not realizing he's already in smash and getting mad when characters are announced that aren't him

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
donkey kong is not in smash, that is donkey kong jr

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

im being gaslighted

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Donkey Kong was a bad guy from the 80’s. Donkey Kong Jr from the 80’s broke out of the cycle of violence and went through counseling and grew up to be the good one you see in Donkey Kong Country, and the new kid is Diddy Kong.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

oddium posted:

it's funny to me, to imagine dk not realizing he's already in smash and getting mad when characters are announced that aren't him

Lol that is pretty funny

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I think it's actually

Cranky Kong = Donkey Kong who fought against Jumpman
Donkey Kong Jr. = Rescued his father in the sequel
Donkey Kong (the Third) = Protagonist of DKC
Diddy Kong is DK III's nephew

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Is the Donkey Kong Country TV show canon? Because it should be.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Also this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZksCX7C-vY

Before Pauline entered politics and Mario pursued mercenary-style foreign intervention, they were kind of dirtbags

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think it's actually

There's a whole host of Kong children in the series (Diddy, Dixie, Tiny, Kiddy) yet the only adult woman we ever see is Candy. Where are all these kids coming from and why do we never get to see her? #FreeMommyKong #MonkeyFeminism

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

:rip:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think it's actually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PQRrIhY-zU

And yeah I think you're correct

Verranicus posted:

Is the Donkey Kong Country TV show canon? Because it should be.

lmao hell no

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDQNWYOogOI

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Why not, it rules

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Wrinkly would have clearly already gone through the menopause :colbert:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
By azura by azura by azura

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Donkey Kong x Planescape Torment

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

what a mangy rear end skank

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I really wish The Room 3 and The Room Old Sins were available on steam like the first two games are. Those are some neat games. Any of you ever play them?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I've put a bit of time into MotorStorm now and it's... not good? It's a shame because technically it's so impressive (it looks bloody gorgeous) but the races are so chaotic and the tracks are so bumpy that you basically have zero control. I spend races feeling like I'm fighting to stay upright instead of fighting to take the lead. And this is just coming off playing Ridge Racer 7 where the controls were so tight and responsive and this just doesn't match up. I dunno, maybe I'm doing something wrong but unless anyone's got any advice I'm going to move on and jump into a whole bunch of throwaway Wii games.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's pretty much what I thought when I played it at launch, I only did a couple of races then gave up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

oddium posted:

kazooie
banjo
incineroar
shovel knight
shantae
waluigi
geno