Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

boop the snoot posted:

Pretty sure sleeping for 4 hours a night for a year shaved a decade off my lifespan.

I have insomnia, I hear ya. I might actually kill someone for one solid 12 hours of sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

LongDarkNight posted:

I just volunteered for 7x12 disaster duty. Waiting to find out if I get picked. I want that overtime and per diem.

If you do get picked, don't flash the rear end in a top hat sign at news cameras

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exnaY0l4XsM

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

FAUXTON posted:

If you do get picked, don't flash the rear end in a top hat sign at news cameras

More likely to get caught pissing on a confederate flag.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Anyone got a screenshot or could communicate the jist? Looks like tweet got snatched back.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://twitter.com/FayettevillePD/status/1042009828573556736

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

KirbyKhan posted:

Anyone got a screenshot or could communicate the jist? Looks like tweet got snatched back.

It was basically about how Chinese companies making their employees work 12 hours a day 6 days a week is cool and good and produces great results.

e: with a "American companies should look into this" implication as well.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Work forever. Then work out a lot. Then hope a rich politician tells people to give you charity when you’re potentially dying.

https://twitter.com/hillaryclinton/status/1041774778439352320?s=21

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Wingnut Ninja posted:

It was basically about how Chinese companies making their employees work 12 hours a day 6 days a week is cool and good and produces great results.

e: with a "American companies should look into this" implication as well.

It's a great plan, they never mention that you dying at 50 in horrible pain is part of it. Not paying your pension is good for the economy!

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

mlmp08 posted:

Work forever. Then work out a lot. Then hope a rich politician tells people to give you charity when you’re potentially dying.

still so loving weird to see so many gofundme's for healthcare in america

get your poo poo together america

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

KirbyKhan posted:

It was something like "we should look into the 996 plan for American industry, 9 am to 9 pm 6 days a week. It's done great things to economies!"

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1042197168533241856

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm waiting for the Library of Congress to have to archive the official Presidential Dick Pic because he wanted to prove to America that he doesn't have a toadstool-lookin' hog and uses the FEMA alert system to do it.

I'm not sure if I was trying to be funny or genuinely concerned, because we all know there's a possibility of this happening.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Vasudus posted:

I'm waiting for the Library of Congress to have to archive the official Presidential Dick Pic because he wanted to prove to America that he doesn't have a toadstool-lookin' hog and uses the FEMA alert system to do it.

I'm not sure if I was trying to be funny or genuinely concerned, because we all know there's a possibility of this happening.

I hate to think what'll happen if that "sms to EVERYONE IN THE USA" system works without oversight. It won't have oversight will it, I mean, why would it.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

KirbyKhan posted:

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1042130295846256640

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

mlmp08 posted:

Hillary Clinton has a net worth of $45 million. Why doesn't she just pay this guy's bills if she's so worried?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

SimonCat posted:

Hillary Clinton has a net worth of $45 million. Why doesn't she just pay this guy's bills if she's so worried?

You don’t make that money just paying for poo poo. You tell others to pay for poo poo.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
This thing is going to be a monumental clusterfuck.

https://twitter.com/JesseRodriguez/status/1042209931280179200

Edited to put in the letter.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Sep 19, 2018

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hot Karl Marx posted:

still so loving weird to see so many gofundme's for healthcare in america

get your poo poo together america

Help me, my population is dying.
Spend more on healthcare.
No.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

SimonCat posted:

Because rich people (even pro Healthcare for all democrats) don't actually believe in helping people if it affects their bottom line.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

facialimpediment posted:

This thing is going to be a monumental clusterfuck.

https://twitter.com/JesseRodriguez/status/1042209931280179200

Edited to put in the letter.

They won't do it. Not a chance in hell.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Milo and POTUS posted:

Help me, my population is dying.
Spend more on healthcare.
No.

We don't even have to spend more. We can spend less if we cut out the insurance vampires.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
If I had a perfect work day every day of the week I would still be working 55 hour weeks. 65-70 hour work weeks are more accurate.

I don't know how the Army got brainwashed into thinking that is acceptable.

And they're still mystified why their soldiers with a lack of sleep, hooked on tobacco and energy drinks, and alcoholism have such low morale.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

my kinda ape posted:

We don't even have to spend more. We can spend less if we cut out the insurance vampires.

Not just insurance. We'd also have to pay everyone involved more like everyone else pays them (which is to say less). Completely possible if you wiped out medical school debt, revamped the training process to eliminate the bottlenecks on getting new people into the professions, and just paid everyone a salary like the VA does.

Also you'd have to put the nuts of more than a few pharma and medical device manufacturers in a vise.

Again, like everyone else does. The horror.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/rockednet/status/1042070174122364928?s=21

This might be the best one...

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Mustang posted:

If I had a perfect work day every day of the week I would still be working 55 hour weeks. 65-70 hour work weeks are more accurate.

I don't know how the Army got brainwashed into thinking that is acceptable.

And they're still mystified why their soldiers with a lack of sleep, hooked on tobacco and energy drinks, and alcoholism have such low morale.

I think I really saw it in my NCOIC's actions when he said something during resliency training that equated to "I wish my son wanted to spend more time with me" saw him at a unit fun day and the kid tripped as we were walking past. We asked if he was ok cause it was a proper splat only toddlers can do. He ushered off a "yeah yeah hes fine," and led/marched him by the hand to the table.

I realized then that the Army already turned me into that dad and husband. I would never want to treat my family like soldiers. I had spent so much time away already that I saw an effect on my relationships. Something had to change.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Can't ruin your relationships if you're working too much to have them in the first place.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

A Bad Poster posted:

Can't ruin your relationships if you're working too much to have them in the first place.

All of the LTs in my year group that came to JBLM single are still single. We've all been here for just about 3 years.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Mustang posted:

All of the LTs in my year group that came to JBLM single are still single. We've all been here for just about 3 years.

You all should pair up. Share the BAH, all of you get the married perks, your command gets some huge diversity points, and you won't inflict the horrors of marrying into the military onto some innocent civilian.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
O’s don’t need sham marriages to get BAH, though.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I think you are forgetting the time honored military tradition of knocking up a PV2 and then marrying her.

But I suppose for authenticity you have to already be married first.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

enraged_camel posted:

what's the picard facepalm shortcut again

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I always thought it was odd when people bragged about the amount of overtime they could work at their job. Wouldn't it be better to just make more money for working a normal 40 hours (or less)?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

In some industries it’s cheaper to give massive overtime than pay for another employee(benefits).
My old job realized this so I got unlimited overtime. Got old working 60 hour weeks with one weekend on call and another for drill per month.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

LingcodKilla posted:

In some industries it’s cheaper to give massive overtime than pay for another employee(benefits).
My old job realized this so I got unlimited overtime. Got old working 60 hour weeks with one weekend on call and another for drill per month.

A new hire is also highly speculative (might be a gently caress-up) and can take a long time to get up to speed, but time-and-a-half is a quantifiable amount.

:shrug:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Nursing industry lives on OT. They would rather pay 50 nurses a bunch of OT than hire 10 more.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

mlmp08 posted:

She's getting absolutely slammed in the responses. Chelsea replies and also gets blasted. It's amazing.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

President deals does it again

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1042247745237594112?s=19

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Somewhere, somehow, the corpses of LeMay and MacArthur are spinning in their graves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

aphid_licker posted:

She's getting absolutely slammed in the responses. Chelsea replies and also gets blasted. It's amazing.

https://twitter.com/cosmoscenti/status/1041802530898857985?s=21

:bisonyes:

• Locked thread