Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gruckles posted:

Regarding the end of the Omega styoryline.

Alpha setting off on his own adventure makes me really wish there was Companion glamour or some other expansion to that system that allowed replacing the Company Chocobo as your combat buddy. The Palico minion also made me think that would be a neat feature, but Alpha is my precious son and I desperately want to travel alongside him.

I was certain that the little Omega toy was actually Omega itself deciding to accompany Alpha to learn about the world, so when nothing indicated that was the case I was a bit let down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Phone posted:

that omega end cutscene :negative:

That Savage unlock scene :allears:

Blockhouse posted:

The content in this patch? It's very good.

:agreed:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So, does Varis actually secretly care about Zenos and he was just lying about not feeling anything? Because his reaction to Elidibus having Zenos' body is just shy of anger. I have to wonder how often he's on guard just so they don't take over his body or something.

I think part of this is actually that Varis is a little fed up granddaddy Solus and his Ascian pals are running the show and are now out in the open sabotaging the empire essentially to kick off another Calamity. You dont exactly like people loving with that if you actually believe in the fascist state you're running.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

I was certain that the little Omega toy was actually Omega itself deciding to accompany Alpha to learn about the world, so when nothing indicated that was the case I was a bit let down.

Same.

Monathin posted:

I think part of this is actually that Varis is a little fed up granddaddy Solus and his Ascian pals are running the show and are now out in the open sabotaging the empire essentially to kick off another Calamity. You dont exactly like people loving with that if you actually believe in the fascist state you're running.

The implication I got was that Varis has been aware of that the whole time. Or, at least, since taking the throne as Emperor.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
All of these weapons need to transform!

But, the samurai weapon is just a straight piece of meta-

I DON"T CARE MAKE IT TRANSFORM DAMMIT

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Saint Freak posted:

All of these weapons need to transform!

But, the samurai weapon is just a straight piece of meta-

I DON"T CARE MAKE IT TRANSFORM DAMMIT

dammit how do I make it stop transforming I need a new bbq fork

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

thanks friend :)

and yeah i have three bars on keyboard just i hate going down into the third one because that's spilling over into "abilities i use so rarely i forget to press them"....... gonna need to reorganize some poo poo to figure out where i want to put everything...

I always hate having to spill over into using three bars but sometimes it's unavoidable :negative: I usually try to keep as many of my abilities on the following keys and Shift + the same list: 1-5, Q, E, R, T, F, C, X, Z. But eventually I have to bring Ctrl+ into the mix no matter how much I'd rather not. I try to save it for long-cooldown abilities, so as many of my normal rotational skills and oGCDs can stay on the unmodified keys and spill over into the Shift row.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Same, Omega definitely got a bittersweet ending. It finally understood at least a little bit and then died. Also it's interesting thats motivation really boiled down to "I want to go home" and a grotesquely inaccurate assessment of how to accomplish that.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
Just finished Alphascape Normals last night. I'm more than a little terrified of what they could throw on top of those for Savage because goddamn. :catstare:

Also, I love it when two or three crafter get into a price war. I'm a (questionably geared) omnicrafter and I still just bought the i380 caster top because it was 800,000 gil! That's like a third cheaper than its components! Looks nice too, even if it has the usual Elezen/Roegadyn leg clipping.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Same, but then Alpha sent OMG into the cave to search for danger and I was on board again.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Holy poo poo that Alphascape soundtrack :eyepop:

Man why did I have to take such a long break, even my best-geared job is a ton of ilevels too low to even do Alphascape normal and now I can't decide between scrambling to gear up and trying to do it on RDM or just continuing to level DRK and getting to it when I get to it

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Harrow posted:

Man why did I have to take such a long break, even my best-geared job is a ton of ilevels too low to even do Alphascape normal and now I can't decide between scrambling to gear up and trying to do it on RDM or just continuing to level DRK and getting to it when I get to it

350 gear and its associated mats should be dirt cheap on the MB by now. The newest dungeons drop 355 stuff, so it should be relatively easy to get geared up if you have a bit of money.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Harrow posted:

I'm with you buddy. I wasn't even geared enough to do the new dungeons, let alone the raid. I'm still grinding out mendacity to hit 355.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Thundarr posted:

Same, but then Alpha sent OMG into the cave to search for danger and I was on board again.

I wouldn't be surprised if OMG does have a piece of Omega imprinted on it. It seems a bit too autonomous for just a simple toy.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

I spent a good chunk of time just before the patch making sure I was as close to i355 as possible and I do not regret it. Hit 354 on the weekend and my first Burn run dropped an upgrade to one of my SC greens so I was set on day 1

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

PunkBoy posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if OMG does have a piece of Omega imprinted on it. It seems a bit too autonomous for just a simple toy.

eh, it's a toy?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Side note: I discovered I enjoy tanking and now I'm even more annoyed that BLU (probably) won't be a tank. So many versions of Blue Mage in the past have been all about getting hit by stuff, it should be a tank job! :argh:

Oh well, maybe the "Gunblade" job will be a tank?

Vermain posted:

350 gear and its associated mats should be dirt cheap on the MB by now. The newest dungeons drop 355 stuff, so it should be relatively easy to get geared up if you have a bit of money.

How cheap is dirt cheap, out of curiosity?

Weirdly I have no sense of scale when it comes to gil in FFXIV. I've got like 1 mil sitting around just from never really spending gil (except on glamour prisms) during my extremely on-and-off playing and leveling and while "a million" sounds like a lot I'm guessing it's actually a pretty small amount given that I've put no effort at all into making money.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I'm thinking about resubbing to the game. I think I stopped playing sometime around the Lady Shiva patch for ARR, so I assume I don't need either of the expansion packs yet and still have ARR content to go through, right?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Randler posted:

I'm thinking about resubbing to the game. I think I stopped playing sometime around the Lady Shiva patch for ARR, so I assume I don't need either of the expansion packs yet and still have ARR content to go through, right?

You're right near the end of it, actually.

e: I misjudged, there's still quite a few quests left, but you're still in the rear end-end of ARR.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Randler posted:

You can’t get experience at level 50 until you buy the expansions.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Harrow posted:

Side note: I discovered I enjoy tanking and now I'm even more annoyed that BLU (probably) won't be a tank. So many versions of Blue Mage in the past have been all about getting hit by stuff, it should be a tank job! :argh:

How cheap is dirt cheap, out of curiosity?

Weirdly I have no sense of scale when it comes to gil in FFXIV. I've got like 1 mil sitting around just from never really spending gil (except on glamour prisms) during my extremely on-and-off playing and leveling and while "a million" sounds like a lot I'm guessing it's actually a pretty small amount given that I've put no effort at all into making money.

1 mil isn't really that much. :x

I haven't checked prices on 350 stuff in a while, but I would assume they should be hovering around 200k per slot (times 13 or 14).

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Phone posted:

1 mil isn't really that much. :x

I haven't checked prices on 350 stuff in a while, but I would assume they should be hovering around 200k per slot (times 13 or 14).

Yeah I figured 1 mil is pretty much nothing, just because I haven't really made any conscious attempts at making money and I also have never really played for longer than a couple months at a time. So I'll mostly be relying on mendacity to gear up I think, which is fine. Though it does mean I might just take the extra time to level up DRK first.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
You can buy 330 gear and the mats to upgrade to 340 pretty cheaply with Clan marks now. Great for gearing up your secondary jobs or new 70s.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I never thought a job could supplant DRK as my main tank job, but if Gunblades happen that'll be the one to do it. I can't pass that up.

Hogama posted:

After you've completed it, you can find Alpha randomly in the world. At the very least, he's been spotted hanging out with his OMG at the fireplace at Camp Overlook.

This game :allears:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I wanna know the story of those two guards in the throne room, because they have seen some poo poo.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

So, speaking of DRK: am I crazy, or is there no circumstance where I want to DA Dark Passenger? The higher potency seems better from a raw numbers standpoint, but that's only assuming you've got unlimited MP. Otherwise, it seems like using the DA mana on two more Abyssal Drains is the better course. Opinions?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

brainwrinkle posted:

You can buy 330 gear and the mats to upgrade to 340 pretty cheaply with Clan marks now. Great for gearing up your secondary jobs or new 70s.

Is there a good way to accumulate clan marks quickly?

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

Vermain posted:

So, speaking of DRK: am I crazy, or is there no circumstance where I want to DA Dark Passenger? The higher potency seems better from a raw numbers standpoint, but that's only assuming you've got unlimited MP. Otherwise, it seems like using the DA mana on two more Abyssal Drains is the better course. Opinions?

I posted an analysis, but if we calculate from straight MP to damage, DA Dark Passenger is only behind The Blackest Night for efficiency. 280 potency aoe with no diminishing returns is extremely strong, and the blind is a nice benefit. DA Abyssal adds no potency, just the hp drain. It’s a GOOD hp drain, but you’re not getting damage from it, though Abyssal by itself is perfectly fine AoE ‘filler’.

Also I’ve been mega pulling and dropping grit ASAP of late. Did you know blood weapon’s mp regain procs for every hit enemy when you use Quietus? I can’t spend MP fast enough like this, the half bar investment for DA Passenger is the only way I can stop from capping.

M.c.P fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Sep 20, 2018

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Get into a hunt LS and follow the train.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Rhonne posted:

I wanna know the story of those two guards in the throne room, because they have seen some poo poo.

Don't worry they'll be the second boss of the final story dungeon in 5.0

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

SettingSun posted:

Is there a good way to accumulate clan marks quickly?

Daily + weekly hunt targets and hunt linkshells (or guild chat).

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Rhonne posted:

Lol yeah no kidding. They clearly aren't junior varsity Ascians given their reactions. They were actually shocked by how this unkillable chaos ghost was making GBS threads on their boss. How does even the most loyal and stoic of mooks just keep going to work every day knowing that literally everything in their world is a lie?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Rhonne posted:

I thought Ascians can be invisible to specific people. But the guards definitely saw the corpse.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

OMG will fight a nearby Wind-up Shinryu.

https://clips.twitch.tv/GracefulTangibleGalagoShadyLulu

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
How bad is Suzaku (and EX) for a BLM? I haven't had a chance to unlock it yet, but when I asked my friends they just started screaming at me and I'm not sure when they'll stop.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Thundarr posted:

Lol yeah no kidding. They clearly aren't junior varsity Ascians given their reactions. They were actually shocked by how this unkillable chaos ghost was making GBS threads on their boss. How does even the most loyal and stoic of mooks just keep going to work every day knowing that literally everything in their world is a lie?

I imagine anyone guarding the throne room at this point is either firmly on Varis' side, in which case he's given them the details and how he plans to fight back to regain control, or they're just pawns of the Ascians. In either case, they'd probably be a little surprised by Varis randomly deciding to shoot an immortal agent of evil right in the noggin.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Rhonne posted:

I'm referring to them as Zorn and Thorn until something stops me.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Rainuwastaken posted:

How bad is Suzaku (and EX) for a BLM? I haven't had a chance to unlock it yet, but when I asked my friends they just started screaming at me and I'm not sure when they'll stop.

Haven't done EX but I didn't find normal to be that awful, most of the mechanics didn't require intense mobility

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Harrow posted:

Assuming the leaks are true (and we have no real reason to believe otherwise), BLU is DPS, Gunblade Class is a tank, and DNC is a healer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Harrow posted:

I always hate having to spill over into using three bars but sometimes it's unavoidable :negative: I usually try to keep as many of my abilities on the following keys and Shift + the same list: 1-5, Q, E, R, T, F, C, X, Z. But eventually I have to bring Ctrl+ into the mix no matter how much I'd rather not. I try to save it for long-cooldown abilities, so as many of my normal rotational skills and oGCDs can stay on the unmodified keys and spill over into the Shift row.

yea pretty much same here. i run 1-6, QERF, and M3/M5 with shift and ctrl variants. ctrl is where my brain starts to fart out and i often forget what's even bound down there, so much so that i made a little bar of clickable buttons near my center screen for "abilities i use rarely enough that my brain can't remember what they're bound to but when i need them i need them NOW" like holmgang