Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Yeah, I believe that. I want to make a Scorched Earth clone with an ATB system like Grandia, put it on mobile, and make a million bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is there a FIFA thread? You can play FIFA 19 today with an EA Access subscription, and I want to know where to talk about it!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I downloaded PS4 Remote Play to my Surface Pro tablet so I could finish Persona 5 in bed, which has been my smartest decision yet.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

RCarr posted:

Is there a FIFA thread? You can play FIFA 19 today with an EA Access subscription, and I want to know where to talk about it!

If you search and cannot find a thread about a Game you wish to talk about then please make one! :D

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqmxZyV9VCU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2G7i38V6ko
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yNe_2pvELU

VideoGames posted:

If you search and cannot find a thread about a Game you wish to talk about then please make one! :D

What happened to your Kirby avatars?

e: Jesus those are some thumbnails

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

LawfulWaffle posted:

What happened to your Kirby avatars?

I have trouble keeping to one avatar and based on where I am moderating most at any particular time, I fashion my avatar into a sort of reference. I can afford to $5 now and then for silly fun like that :D

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Looks like Kirby to me idk

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

*banging fork and knife on table* more kirby! more kirby!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Well I was looking at my old avs and am actually planning on using either:

or

I have not yet decided :)

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

bloodychill posted:

Dome Wars was my freeware Gunbound equivalent of choice back in the 90’s. It was fun at the time but so janky and weird and the animations didn’t always work. Gunbound was really fun and I remember getting pretty good with one of the trick shot characters but it took some intense play to get a fancy hat.

Holy poo poo Dome Wars, I would see guys playing some version of that all the time back in middle school.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Well this is a big bummer. Nobuo Uematsu stops working due to health issues.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/09/19/legendary-composer-nobuo-uematsu-ceases-work-due-to-health-issues

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
had to happen eventually, he's getting old

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

:(

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

hey remember gunbound

Yes I do.

gently caress Boomer and every pro who mained him.

VideoGames posted:

Well I was looking at my old avs and am actually planning on using either:

or

I have not yet decided :)

I wish there was a good animation of the kirby otamatone being played that you could use as an av

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

RCarr posted:

I thought Sports games were in the Sports Subforum?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

LawfulWaffle posted:

I tried playing Gaiapolis last night but that game must be a technical powerhouse because it ran at about 5 fps when 95% of the rest of my library runs just fine.

maybe try messing with settings a bit? my pc isn't great and it runs fine for me

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

:smith:

Gonna rewatch this today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUrcYA-TkzQ

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Also if you're using mame you might need to try different version. They mess around with the emulator a lot, sometimes games will become more stable and sometimes they'll cut them out completely. I'm still using .139 because some game I can't remember (and probably isn't worth playing) breaks beyond that.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Stop buying EA and 2k sports games. It just encourages them to continue the predatory microtransaction poo poo til people stop playing them.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ea sports games are one of the most massive parts of the market i don't think they're going to change their approach any time soon

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is there any chance at all that everywhere else will do the same thing as Belgium and ban lootboxes

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

al-azad posted:

Also if you're using mame you might need to try different version. They mess around with the emulator a lot, sometimes games will become more stable and sometimes they'll cut them out completely. I'm still using .139 because some game I can't remember (and probably isn't worth playing) breaks beyond that.

Yeah, I figure it's some configuration that I need to fiddle with but I didn't really dig into the settings. I use a Retropie and it has a few emulators for me to choose from, but instead of testing out what worked best I just jumped over to Bucky O'Hare to give that a whirl. I'll give it another crack tonight.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Help Im Alive posted:

Is there any chance at all that everywhere else will do the same thing as Belgium and ban lootboxes

Absolutely not

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Help Im Alive posted:

there's a bunch of EU states now looking at online gambling connected to games, primarily like those csgo skinner slot machines, but also lootboxes. one only hopes they'll come to the same conclusion belgium did.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

F

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Verranicus posted:

Stop buying EA and 2k sports games. It just encourages them to continue the predatory microtransaction poo poo til people stop playing them.

There’s a large portion of people all over the world who own consoles to just get the latest EA or 2K sports game who sadly get manipulated by these micro transactions who see nothing wrong with it. The people calling this poo poo out who actually would boycott the games are such a small amount of the market who buys those games they might as well be a rounding error

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I posted it in the main thread as well but for those interested the Launch Trailer for Life is Strange 2 dropped today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHB7gyRV69Q

The previous entry in the series Before the Storm is also now available on IOS and Android phones.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Sep 20, 2018

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Whenever I got my second hand game the FIFA game takes up an entire shelves. No, not shelf. An entire set of shelves just for FIFA. How are so many people playing this game?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

FIFA makes up 40% of EA's revenue overall.

A huge chunk of the audience for these games only plays Madden, or FIFA, etc. and so the idea of buying a game + microtransactions doesn't read as that scummy to them

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Verranicus posted:

You were literally just defending gacha bullshit yesterday

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Hello it's me, the Heat Signature liker, here to give you some space news.

Heat Signature is a little over a year old now and they're preparing a big update next week, dropping details on new systems as they go. Expect there to be several new enemy types by the end.

quote:

The original idea for this update was to add optional extra challenge for those who found the late-game too easy, and we've certainly done that, but we also ended up adding just as much fun new stuff for players of all skill levels. Which is great for everyone, except the guy who had to come up with a name and theme for it yesterday.

There are more than 20 new features to tell you about, so we're going to be announcing a new one each day until the update launches on the 27th of September. That's in seven days. Don't examine our maths too closely.

Today they're dropping news on character traits which can give helpful or harmful characteristics to your randomly generated space pirates. The challenging traits can range from penalties (e.g. shaky: shots with firearms can go anywhere within 15º of where you aim) to game-changing debilities (e.g. dying: you have 10 minutes to live). With this, you can also reroll newly generated characters, so if you find yourself stuck with a bunch of useless sociopaths at the bar you can change it up and maybe get a useful sociopath.

If you don't own it, it'll go on sale on the 27th when this update drops proper.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Sep 20, 2018

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It's weird thinking of all the huge gaming markets that are so disconnected from the kinds of games I play that I only know how huge they are from being told. Like sports games and the candy crush/peggle style of mobile game

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

see also: fortnite and minecraft

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You mean greatest game of all time Fortnite?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was feeling down on MH bc I kept trying to farm Savage Jho and failing and after a few days of just needing one more kill to finish my set I decided to just join a turns room and blow off some steam, and the group was firing on all cylinders and just crushing hunts left and right and i wound up playing for hours again...god drat I love this game. I got them to help me finish the set and now I'm sucked back in forever

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

corn in the bible posted:

You were literally just defending gacha bullshit yesterday

You don't pay 60 dollars for a boxed or digital copy of a gacha, it's free and can remain free from start to finish. EA/2k sports games have an initial asking price that should be enough, with shifty lootbox nonsense on top of it. Like I know you pointed this out because you don't like me and aren't being genuine but at least use your head when trying to get sick owns.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Unless you’re an idiot you can just buy Fifa or madden and have fun playing it. All the lootbox stuff is for a specific game mode that you don’t have to play or care about.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Cowcaster posted:

see also: fortnite and minecraft

I know people who played minecraft. You hear about fortnite in places like this even if most people here don't play it. That post up above might be the first reference to the fifa games I've seen in this thread despite how big they are. It's just weird is all

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

cheetah7071 posted:

It's weird thinking of all the huge gaming markets that are so disconnected from the kinds of games I play that I only know how huge they are from being told. Like sports games and the candy crush/peggle style of mobile game

Gaming is big. So big that you can spend a lot of time playing many different games and still relegate huge markets like Fifa/Fortnite/Mobile/MMOs to a giant nebulous trash pile that's out of sight, out of mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Larryb posted:

I posted it in the main thread as well but for those interested the Launch Trailer for Life is Strange 2 dropped today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHB7gyRV69Q

The previous entry in the series Before the Storm is also now available on IOS and Android phones.

Very cool.

• Locked thread