Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

sterster posted:

Edit: how many hours do you have in the game?

i'm still level 2 with 0/10 comp wins

my fps experience is a few hundred hours each of tf2 and overwatch (which is probably why i'm always moving and firing)

symbolic posted:

How have you not been carried to at least a single round win?

wait sorry bad phrasing, i haven't won a match. i also haven't actually 'won a round' in the sense that i've been the reason my team won, but i have won rounds by virtue of dying in a slightly more productive manner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

ungulateman posted:

i'm still level 2 with 0/10 comp wins

my fps experience is a few hundred hours each of tf2 and overwatch (which is probably why i'm always moving and firing)

Yeah... CS doesn't really work like other FPS games. You need to learn the spray patterns for all the guns and generally run-and-gun doesn't work except for smgs and certain pistols.

Frosty Mossman
Feb 17, 2011

"I Guess Somebody Fixed All the Problems" -- Confused Citizen

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Yeah... CS doesn't really work like other FPS games. You need to learn the spray patterns for all the guns and generally run-and-gun doesn't work except for smgs and certain pistols.
Eventually, but for now that's probably too much. Right now, you should be concentrating on the very basics: crosshair placement (watch that adren vid sterster posted), shooting mechanics (do not spray, short bursts at the most. do not move while shooting), and basic situational awareness (play with a headset, listen to sounds, look at your minimap to see what's going on)

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Can confirm: I came from TF2, was atrocious at aiming, and my mouse sens lets me 360 within 3 inches. Also to this day I do not own a headset. I stayed Silver 1 for like 15 hours, but once I got some extremely basic mechanics, I basically hit gold in another 15.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

who had faze or mibr in the 3-0 bracket anyway

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

edit nevermind 1 map means groups, this is a really long major

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Sep 12, 2018

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Have they added the riot shield back in yet

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Loser brackets gonna be stronger than the Winners

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
jesus this major is almost three weeks longs :wtc:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
go tyloo

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

coL gonna go 3-0 as everyone predicted

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

mcvey posted:

I put them as 0-3 for the last part of the tournament and when they made it through I was like "Well, that was a fluke" and put them as my 0-3 again.

gently caress complexity. Congrats though I guess. Kinda wanna see Jason Lake go nuts if they make it to the arena.

Big is gonna win the whole drat thing anyways.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

mcvey posted:

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
coL is going to win it all

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
coL and Liquid at 3-0. The era of NA CS is nigh.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
help

a quarter of my second drive is purely csgo clips

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

spend less on csgo clips

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Important announcement! I hate smooya plus I dunno why so many top teams don't ban Inferno which seems to be a bit of a good upset map in bo1s.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Astralis beating MIBR 16-0 is some :psyduck: poo poo

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

loving RIP MIBR.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Haha, big ouch

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

WE STRONG WE LOYAL WE 16-0 MIBR :denmark:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I'm more hype to hear the postgame of how MIBR managed to accomplish so little with so many good players than to ever really see them play

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
fnatic comeback omg

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
Will this be easy for Richard "never pick cache against me motherfuckers" Landström?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Fauxshiz posted:

Will this be easy for Richard "never pick cache against me motherfuckers" Landström?

Xizt was a terrible pick up, anybody with any brain knew it. fnatic consistently have shown that their lineup changes are moronic. He's a poor IGL and a poor player to boot. Personally I was loving astonished that Xizt was the hottest ticket in town after being booted out of NiP, I felt for sure he would retire or go straight to T2-3.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

fnatic :ughh:

draken :ughh:

xizt :ughh:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Wait it went to overtime

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Navi is looking scary

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Don't see how BIG is gonna win nuke. I wanna see Astralis vs Navi on dust2 :gizz:

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Smol posted:

Navi is looking scary

Yeah, Na'Vi are a dreadful draw for BIG. Probably the worst except maybe Astralis. They match up way better against teams like FaZe or Liquid.

Didn't pay too much attention but I did see some interesting CT strats on Na'Vi. First buy up they put 5 A and smoked mid, basically anticipating how BIG wouldn't go balls deep at all and just fish for information plays early on.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

I’m at the major

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

If Astralis win this against Faze, I'll have a golden dorito

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Flusha-san :negative:

Flusha out of fnatic, Scream to stand in. The whole xizt+draken / golden+lekr0 swap really hosed the team up.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Looke posted:

I’m at the major

Selling your pins?

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
Olofmeister is like the only person in the world able to hold his cool vs device in that round 27 clutch.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

Fauxshiz posted:

Olofmeister is like the only person in the world able to hold his cool vs device in that round 27 clutch.

Was such a shame too, if Device had held the angle to the right of the smoke for another 2 seconds he would have gotten an incredible ace.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

In the free pin they gave me I got Guardian, frustratingly the pins are all sold out and won’t be back in stock till this afternoon.

I’m pretty glad that Australia managed to take that last game as it finished at 11pm and I was so hungry I wouldn’t last till midnight for a 3rd.

The chant game for both teams were pure shite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Mibr is so hosed. Can't play train or nuke :fork: