Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I did Rolands last time it was up. I can’t remember is if was fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I've level 1 gambled every season it has been an option and I've never gotten a legendary from it.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

euphronius posted:

I did Rolands last time it was up. I can’t remember is if was fun.

It's not.

This season I've probably either go hammerdin or shield thrower depending on which items show up first.

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

EVERYTHING IS NUMBERED HERE. THE MONSTER IS ZERO.
should i do wd, barb, or monk?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Also monk's gift set is really lovely this season, so not that.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

should i do wd, barb, or monk?

Of those three, barb.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Larrymer posted:

Also monk's gift set is really lovely this season, so not that.

Yeh Raiment blows

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

EVERYTHING IS NUMBERED HERE. THE MONSTER IS ZERO.

Dameius posted:

Of those three, barb.

Thanks!

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
Do people still play this?

I don't have the necro dlc, but have RoS. Should I start EU or NA? I've played both in the past, but the Goon guild seemed quite dead in both regions.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
As I understand it, the Necro dlc isn't necessary unless you want to play a Necro (it does give you two more stash tabs, though.)

And the guilds aren't really a thing anymore, afaik, in the US you'll want to join the LLJK channel and bitch about drops with the rest of us.

Mormon Mother
Jan 23, 2008
Self diagnosed!
I've never played crusader before and I think I might give it a try this season. How good/bad is Roland's for a starter set?

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
This might be the first season since s5 I'll be sitting out, but I've done everything I want to do and tbh Destiny 2 is now scratching the 'make numbers go bigger' itch.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Welp, good a time as any to sort my season 14 mail.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Irrc the Crusader set depends on finding a Golden flense and also a (for some reason ) non crusader regular shield.

So getting the build up and running could take awhile.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

LordAdakos posted:

This might be the first season since s5 I'll be sitting out, but I've done everything I want to do and tbh Destiny 2 is now scratching the 'make numbers go bigger' itch.

RIP the streak of starting seasons together. :(:hf::( Had to be at least 3 of them, maybe 4.

I debated not doing this season but I think I'll just make a weekend out of it and call it good. Going barb.

mewse
May 2, 2006

euphronius posted:

Irrc the Crusader set depends on finding a Golden flense and also a (for some reason ) non crusader regular shield.

So getting the build up and running could take awhile.

Eh that's 1 of 8 normal shields so shouldn't take too many DBs.. and the flail is one of 7

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

LordAdakos posted:

Me too, buddy...me too. Plus, I have Spider-Man and Tomb Raider keeping me busy until Assassin's Creed drops in early October, and from then on it's just a shitshow.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Blizzard posted:

Speaking of Conquests, we’re rotating those, too! Returning for Season 15 is Sprinter/Speed Racer, where you’re challenged to complete all of Diablo III’s campaign from Act I to Act V at level 70 in under 1 hour! Next, we have Avarice/Avaritia, where all that glitters is gold—that is, if you can complete a 50 million gold streak outside of The Vault or its Inner Sanctum. Boss Mode/Worlds Apart is a different kind of race; destroy all the bosses in Diablo III at max level on Torment X before your 20-minute timer ends! A fan-favorite for those who enjoy unconventional builds, The Thrill/Superhuman requires completion of a Greater Rift level 45 to be completed Solo, but without any Set items equipped. Finally, Masters of the Universe/Masters of Sets stretches your class set knowledge by requiring a Mastery Rank completion of 8 different Set Dungeons; get ready to start collecting!

Season of Tedium. Bleh, that '8 set dungeons mastered'.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Shouldn't the season be live now on EU?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Yup, someone's sleeping on the job.

E: Looks like they are delaying it by an hour, likely due to someone forgetting how time zones work. Last season ended over 4 hours late apparently (at least on EU), so who knows. I hope NA kicks off on time; they should all be awake by then.

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Sep 21, 2018

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

5er posted:

Welp, good a time as any to sort my season 14 mail.

Let go of the past, be free from history

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

LegoMan posted:

But enough about Diablo III.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
where did the d3 HC thread go to

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
Anyone have any tips for the current Challenge Rift? Have never played a Necro and this seems both confusing and squishy.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

McCoy Pauley posted:

Anyone have any tips for the current Challenge Rift? Have never played a Necro and this seems both confusing and squishy.

Go back through the last page or two. Serrod, I think, gave a breakdown of it.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006

Dameius posted:

Go back through the last page or two. Serrod, I think, gave a breakdown of it.

Thanks. This got me through it without breaking a sweat:

DrSeRRoD posted:

Anyone wanting to checkout the CR and how to play it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuj5Po8BQmc

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thank you for the YouTube

I finally got it.

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!
Is the Bones of Rathma set fun? Is it easy to get going?

I'm only doing one char to unlock the last stash tab, and it's either that or whirlwind barb.

I did the Challenge Rift on a non-season char like an idiot :gonk:

5er
Jun 1, 2000

LegoMan posted:

It died and you have to start over maybe?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I’m going to start a hardcore seasonal character today. I have very little idea what I’m doing.

What do I need to know about the challenge rift? When should I do it? What’s the point of it?

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006

Ehud posted:

I’m going to start a hardcore seasonal character today. I have very little idea what I’m doing.

What do I need to know about the challenge rift? When should I do it? What’s the point of it?

If you beat the challenge rift in time, you get a cache with a bunch of crafting mats and gold, which you can claim (through the little in game mail icon) with your brand new seasonal character. So it's a great way to start off your season with a few million gold and a bunch of mats. Among other things it lets you immediately train up all the blacksmith, gemsmith, and transmog lady to their max levels.

Edit: so as to when, you want to make a seasonal character first, then do the challenge rift, then switch back to your seasonal character and claim the cache.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

McCoy Pauley posted:

If you beat the challenge rift in time, you get a cache with a bunch of crafting mats and gold, which you can claim (through the little in game mail icon) with your brand new seasonal character. So it's a great way to start off your season with a few million gold and a bunch of mats. Among other things it lets you immediately train up all the blacksmith, gemsmith, and transmog lady to their max levels.

Edit: so as to when, you want to make a seasonal character first, then do the challenge rift, then switch back to your seasonal character and claim the cache.

Super helpful, thanks!

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Season of dying to slow moving bees :(

5er
Jun 1, 2000

How are people so high up in para levels already? I also heard that someone knocked out the t13 1-hour full game run at nearly 4 hours into the season start.

Kaustik
Jun 1, 2008

Rolled a Gazing Demise at level 1 and then picked up The Barber at level 21.

Number go up. Diablo is good.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

5er posted:

How are people so high up in para levels already? I also heard that someone knocked out the t13 1-hour full game run at nearly 4 hours into the season start.

It only requires TX, but it happened before the season had been live for three full hours.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Could you use an alt to hold games open and basically chain/share rift bonuses for extra exp?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I've just got both Tasker & Theo and Naliuj's Evol Circle with less than 500 blood shards with my necro, I'm a filthy lucker.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Season 15 continues my unbroken streak of not getting anything from Kadala off my Challenge cache, a goose egg for every season it has been available. Statistically, you'd think I'd have gotten something by now. But alas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Dameius posted:

Season 15 continues my unbroken streak of not getting anything from Kadala off my Challenge cache, a goose egg for every season it has been available. Statistically, you'd think I'd have gotten something by now. But alas.

You've spent all 500 shards on 25x Shard items for 4 seasons and never once gotten a legendary of any kind?