Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ten Becquerels
Apr 17, 2012

My Little Tony: Leadership is Magic

NTRabbit posted:

I for one am in favour of making retired Boomers live in converted storage units after all their houses and other assets are nationalised

Pod housing for the elderly: the real solution to the ageing population? I think so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Boomer pods

Ten Becquerels
Apr 17, 2012

Has anyone else been following this shark business in the Whitsundays? What the gently caress is the logic behind killing random (endangered) sharks and checking stomach contents in the vague hope they might have been the guilty sharks despite not biting anything off that I'm aware of to find?

I feel like WA only just got over KILL MORE SHARKS as a solution for people getting bitten only for QLD to pick it right back up again

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Don Dongington posted:

It's gotta be student politics. It seems to be much more of a thing and much more cancerous in NSW vs other states.

It's not just politicians either, the NSW branch of my union is similarly toxic.
My theory is that it is Sydney. Living in Sydney for any length of time just makes you into a completely insufferable and toxic arsehole.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Cartoon posted:

My theory is that it is Sydney. Living in Sydney for any length of time just makes you into a completely insufferable and toxic arsehole.

checks out

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Ten Becquerels posted:

Has anyone else been following this shark business in the Whitsundays? What the gently caress is the logic behind killing random (endangered) sharks and checking stomach contents in the vague hope they might have been the guilty sharks despite not biting anything off that I'm aware of to find?

I feel like WA only just got over KILL MORE SHARKS as a solution for people getting bitten only for QLD to pick it right back up again

Eye for an eye revenge policy, Christian Tory 101

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

I saw this while checking out the snippets of Insiders online:
https://twitter.com/InsidersABC/status/1043642270409322496
Is this just noise to appease the Abetz crowd or something that they're serious about pursuing?

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Ten Becquerels posted:

it was only our lovely government that wanted to kill sharks

the population of WA has always been vast majority leave the sharks alone

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Trapezium Dave posted:

Is this just noise to appease the Abetz crowd or something that they're serious about pursuing?

good luck with that :homebrew:

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

GoldStandardConure posted:

next time you see him ask him about how the mafia control the olive oil industry
the mafia legit control the quail industry too, at least in nsw

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

this broken hill posted:

the mafia legit control the quail industry too, at least in nsw

i am going to forward this info to everyday goast and i can guarantee she won't believe you

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
she didn't believe you

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
What the hell did the Gong do?

quote:

The country's most prominent anti-vaccination activist is claiming to be an expert witness in a family legal brawl over whether their children should be immunised.

Judy Wilyman, a militant vaccination critic, has lodged an expert witness statement in a Federal Circuit Court matter, which claims the federal government is suppressing evidence immunisation is ineffective and harmful.

Dr Wilyman has provided the statement in support of a mother who does not want her children vaccinated. The father, who does want his children immunised, has drafted in the former director of the National Centre for Immunisation Research, Peter McIntyre, to provide the court with his appraisal of Dr Wilyman’s claims.

Fairfax Media has chosen not to disclose the details of the family who are party to the dispute, heard before the Federal Circuit Court in Brisbane earlier this year.

Dr Wilyman, who was controversially awarded a humanities PhD by the University of Wollongoing for a thesis which argued the World Health Organisation colluded with pharmaceutical companies in a conspiracy to spruik unneeded vaccinations, has no academic qualifications in medicine.

The publication of her PhD was criticised by a chorus of medical academics and scientists, including the executive dean of Wollongong University's science, medicine and health faculty Alison Jones

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Lid posted:

What the hell did the Gong do?

So... can the court strike out that she is not an expert?

How do you become an expert? I thought they could examine your credentials to stop bullshit like this occurring.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Trapezium Dave posted:

Insisting white nationalist talks be called 'peaceful events' is some super gross nazi poo poo

https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/werkit-twerkit-gold-coast-twerking-uluru/

quote:

A Gold Coast fitness company has copped an almighty flaming on social media after sharing a video of a customer twerking on top of Uluru while wearing some of its branded gear.
Werkit fitness posted the video, showing a woman “repping” the brand on “one of Australia’s most iconic landmarks”, late this week, but swiftly pulled it down as the backlash began brewing.

Ten Becquerels
Apr 17, 2012

GoldStandardConure posted:

it was only our lovely government that wanted to kill sharks

the population of WA has always been vast majority leave the sharks alone

Yeah mainly referring to the governments, most citizens seem to realise that catching a couple of sharks and killing them is massively pointless and just satisfies the need to be seen doing something. The West Australian used to really push it from the headlines I saw, did a shark sleep with someone's mum on the editorial team or something??

I guess it's just another issue that politicians love to fixate on despite their constituents having the exact opposite opinion to the one they're pushing. If only they restricted this to sharks and not coal.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Not sure anyone saw, but Gina Rineheart lost her case in the Vic supreme court against the Vic Government banning gas exploration

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Trapezium Dave posted:

UWA students/Ally Program/Unionists told some anti-trans christian fuckholes to get the gently caress off our campus, and anti-trans christian fuckholes in Parliament got mad?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Don Dongington posted:

UWA students/Ally Program/Unionists told some anti-trans christian fuckholes to get the gently caress off our campus, and anti-trans christian fuckholes in Parliament got mad?
There was also a lecture that Belinda Arndt was giving at LaTrobe uni here which got protested heavily by students.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tithin posted:

Not sure anyone saw, but Gina Rineheart lost her case in the Vic supreme court against the Vic Government banning gas exploration

Guess who's gonna bankroll the libs Victorian campaign !

Ol' Matty Guy will fix it!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Feels like Vic is due for some Newman Years

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Nah we will never go full Queensland.

No one should go full queensland.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

We went full Queensland twice and I came out alright. Look at me, I am a highly handsome moderator and Mafia extraordinaire.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

We went full Queensland twice and I came out alright. Look at me, I am a highly handsome moderator and Mafia extraordinaire.

Pfft, being a mod on these forums is passé.

Victoria has its equivalent of the Newman years - The Bailieu/Naptime years for incompetence, and the Kennett years for utter destruction of public utilities

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

You Am I posted:

Pfft, being a mod on these forums is passé.

Victoria has its equivalent of the Newman years - The Bailieu/Naptime years for incompetence, and the Kennett years for utter destruction of public utilities

IWC is Euro

hidys
May 6, 2015

"Give the boys a bit of a rev up."
What time is Newspoll time?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

hidys posted:

What time is Newspoll time?

Sky news has it apparently. No real change in 2PP.

E: Twitter lied to me.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Sep 23, 2018

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/1043825124355391488

edit:
https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/1043825396184100864

Others:
Morrison : Approve 44 (+3), disapprove 39 (0)
Shorten: Approve 32 (-5), disapprove 54 (+3)
Preferred PM: Morrison 45 (+3), Shorten 32 (-4)

Trapezium Dave fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Sep 23, 2018

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Oh no are people warming to ScoMo

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I swear if Morrison somehow manages to milk his sharks fan dad persona to a 50-50 Newspoll I will scream.

How does a country let a government that has performed two coups to lead in leadership approval and PPM? What's the deal? It's not Bill Shorten because he is just as uninspiring as Morrison so I just don't get the polls because the post honeymoon period is moving back towards the LNP.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

He has no policies, his energy policy is nothing. His education policy is to load up the Catholics with cash. His other policies are exactly the same as Turnbull and the only difference is that this politician keeps mentioning the Sharks.

And the Peter Dutton saga and Sexism scandal are just ramping up and the leadership ratings keep splitting towards Morrison???

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

What is it with Howard Battlers and falling in love with white bald men with glasses?

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

Anidav posted:

He has no policies, his energy policy is nothing. His education policy is to load up the Catholics with cash. His other policies are exactly the same as Turnbull and the only difference is that this politician keeps mentioning the Sharks.

And the Peter Dutton saga and Sexism scandal are just ramping up and the leadership ratings keep splitting towards Morrison???

Nobody knows who he is but everybody knows he's not Dutton.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Scomo's coming back!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Australian voters are so loving dumb

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Someone send Bronny in a chartered chopper to ask Malcolm how far a dead cat bounces

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Honeymoon period, move along, nothing to see here.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Waiting for the retweet of the News corp leak detailing how they 'tweaked' their polling metrics again to further favour the liberal party.

Seeing as they engineered the coup in the first place - it's called saving face you know.

Edit: also looking forward to the libs pulling ahead in the 2pp, calling an election and losing 24 seats.

Don Dongington fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Sep 23, 2018

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Anyone else aware of the Little Dum Dum Club? Right now the bright spot of 2018 for me is watching a bunch of crazy cat people on the internet lose their poo poo because one of the hosts "undeserving" cats is winning an online poll.

It's petty and stupid and is reminding me so much of early 2000's Something Awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Honeymoon period, move along, nothing to see here.
we hope

• Locked thread