Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
It looks like I'm going to be the first to 70 among my friends again - if a friend joins my game and I run him through the appropriate bosses, is it possible for them to create a Hellfire Amulet super-early? Or are you not able to enter those portals until you hit 70 yourself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You've spent all 500 shards on 25x Shard items for 4 seasons and never once gotten a legendary of any kind?

Not only is it not impossible, it's entirely plausible. Season 14, I broke GR70 solo with a swk monk on PC, and over the course of two weeks of non-binge play broken up by a reasonable life of going to work, sleeping, fixing food for my children and whatnot, I think I pulled down around 15 or 20 primals. Most of them were dogshit, but I did get a SWK chest primal, and a wastes set shoulder for barb. Over to PS4, I did the same thing, broke GR70 solo with a SWK monk, and played for three weeks. Not just two. NO primals, the whole time. I spent more time grifting somewhere in the 80's there than I did PC.
RNG in this game is just a piece of poo poo, and makes you convinced the devs are loving with algorithms that put you at the rear end-end of luck.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I cant get a golden flense and I might kill myself. Denial did drop from a greater rift level 20 boss which was good.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

5er posted:

Not only is it not impossible, it's entirely plausible. Season 14, I broke GR70 solo with a swk monk on PC, and over the course of two weeks of non-binge play broken up by a reasonable life of going to work, sleeping, fixing food for my children and whatnot, I think I pulled down around 15 or 20 primals. Most of them were dogshit, but I did get a SWK chest primal, and a wastes set shoulder for barb. Over to PS4, I did the same thing, broke GR70 solo with a SWK monk, and played for three weeks. Not just two. NO primals, the whole time. I spent more time grifting somewhere in the 80's there than I did PC.
RNG in this game is just a piece of poo poo, and makes you convinced the devs are loving with algorithms that put you at the rear end-end of luck.

Primals are a 1 in 400 chance on a Legendary, which is rare enough. I'm not surprised by your (very standard) luck at all.

But missing out on a 1 in 10 chance after 80 chances is borderline unbelievable.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You've spent all 500 shards on 25x Shard items for 4 seasons and never once gotten a legendary of any kind?

Correct. I am also paragon 560 for this season and just got my first ancient Yangs from upgrading rares and reforging my spare. It is the first piece of ancient gear I've gotten this season. I got my first primal (it was junk and sharded) before I got an ancient upgrade piece.

Every season the RNG fucks me over hard in some way, looks like this season it'll just be really hard to get first round of upgrades going. Hopefully tgat will be all that it does.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Epsilon Plus posted:

It looks like I'm going to be the first to 70 among my friends again - if a friend joins my game and I run him through the appropriate bosses, is it possible for them to create a Hellfire Amulet super-early? Or are you not able to enter those portals until you hit 70 yourself?

I want to say not able to enter the portal but I don't know for sure... Don't think I've ever been in that situation.

Thanks to the goons that helped me and I helped over the weekend, start of the seasons always fun.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
So for season 15 Barb is a good option, it seems? I'm annoyed I missed last season with that Necro set.

I'm on PS4 if people wanna play, DocFuzz is the PSN.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Dameius posted:

Correct. I am also paragon 560 for this season and just got my first ancient Yangs from upgrading rares and reforging my spare. It is the first piece of ancient gear I've gotten this season. I got my first primal (it was junk and sharded) before I got an ancient upgrade piece.

Every season the RNG fucks me over hard in some way, looks like this season it'll just be really hard to get first round of upgrades going. Hopefully tgat will be all that it does.

drat I’d love that. I hit 70 grift around 100 paragon or something and now I’m 500 and I still haven’t seen one primal and I have no ancient items for my UE set except gloves of worship for my bounty build.

Although I usually get literally 5 legendaries from Kadala every season open. I usually stop gambling with 50-100 shards left because I’ve got every single legendary I can get. Hell I even did it for DH which only has lovely level 1 gambled legendaries.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
It feels like the Helltooth set is much, much better than I remember. I hit seventy this evening and it's been breezy.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
It's one of the "no gift" seasons, Paragon 300+ and not seen a single one for myself or my friends.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

GreyjoyBastard posted:

It feels like the Helltooth set is much, much better than I remember. I hit seventy this evening and it's been breezy.

Helltooth has always been a strong set but WD supporting legendaries have been buffed bigly since its introduction, along with the usual power creep that all classes have received. HT Gargs is probably the closest Blizzard will come to allowing a true passive pet build that also performs well at high GR.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

What are the better barb speed farming builds? Whirlwind (wastes only) on T13 is super weak IMO. I can't kill anything quickly and die too much.
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Larrymer-1390/hero/104309639

I tried doing a ton of CDR to keep WoTB up at all times but even then it's was still tough. I tried different gems. Now I just went with goldwrap/boon for T13 but I still can't kill anything quickly. I have demon hunter envy.

6/4 IK/RA? I haven't put a ton of time into barb in the past so I'm not sure what is quickest for T13 content. I like WW but I can only speed run GR 50-55 or so with current gear. (I did a 70 solo but it was annoying and died a lot, and took too long to kill things) I'd like to do GR60-70ish runs without feeling like a wet noodle, and being at least somewhat useful in 4 player T13 rifts, etc.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Charge barb is king in that field until you get to significant paragon/strength totals (like around 20k strength) when WW starts edging it out. There is a speed farming variant of charge barb that is built to have basically infinite number of charges that is tailor made for T13 bounties/rift key farming.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Regular old IK HotA gets the job done pretty quick.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I've tried charge before but always gently caress it up and run out of charges somehow, and have no other dmg source IIRC. I'll try IK and see how she goes.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

One bad guy: Charge!
Lots of bad guys: Charge! Charge!
Exactly two bad guys: Whoa dude, you're hosed.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I'm at work so I didn't vet the video to make sure I pulled the right build from Bluddshed, but I'm pretty sure I got the right one.

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

McCoy Pauley posted:

Thanks. This got me through it without breaking a sweat:

Anyone know when the challenge rift resets? I didn't get a chance to login yet this weekend. stupid real life conflicting with season start.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Mjolnerd posted:

Anyone know when the challenge rift resets? I didn't get a chance to login yet this weekend. stupid real life conflicting with season start.

I think around 5pm ET on Mondays, so in just under 30 minutes.

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

DrSeRRoD posted:

I think around 5pm ET on Mondays, so in just under 30 minutes.

Oh well, hopefully the next one is easy enough to figure out.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Which are the good starting sets for this season? Is Tal Rasha's set still super complicated to play with?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Fuzz posted:

Which are the good starting sets for this season? Is Tal Rasha's set still super complicated to play with?

Tal's is prob the least complicated wizard set. The starter sets are mostly good this season except for monk.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I was getting into this season and my internet died. Alas.

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

Welp. Used a gift to socket a pretty well rolled Yang's, went to T9 to get some mats for rolling a Hellfire Amulet.

:v:

A solid start to the season.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Got myself up to GR60 with DH. It's real loving fun but I can't get the weapons for the build to drop which makes me really mad.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

One nice perk of continuing to play this dead gay game is that if you roll the deadest gay class (WD) it’s remarkably easy to rank on the seasonal leaderboards. I placed a nice 69th this morning clearing a meager GR87 without even very good gear.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Yeah this season's leaderboards are remarkably slow in rising on the bottom end. With no balance changes coming, feel like it is only going to get worse from here.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I got a primal boulder breaker yesterday while trying to upgrade rares in the cube for a blade of the tribes so I can do one of the leap quake builds. :v:

Dameius posted:

I'm at work so I didn't vet the video to make sure I pulled the right build from Bluddshed, but I'm pretty sure I got the right one.

So I think I have to at least try this build. It's not that great of a roll (<4k damage, I have an ancient that's higher dmg and has seemingly better rolls). Are there other decent builds that actually use the IK weapon? Most seem to swap it out for various other things.

Edit: found a couple on diablo fans. Guess I should have done that in the first place. Meh.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Sep 25, 2018

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

There used to be some pet builds that used the IK Hammer + T&T but I’m not sure how effective those would be nowadays.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
There is an IK/R split that maximizes charge damage to be your primary damage dealer that uses the IK hammer. It'll be somewhere on Diablofans.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
What are you Wizards currently running build wise this season? I have every full set and just rolled up an ancient wand of woh. Currently looking for a fun TX speed build. I have all the pieces I’m just not sure how to put it together. Currently running 5Tal/2Sage with the teleport wand and triumvirate. In the cube I have the orb wand, rrog, and gold wrap.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Sep 25, 2018

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

epic Kingdom Hearts LP posted:

What are you Wizards currently running build wise this season? I have every full set and just rolled up an ancient wand of woh. Currently looking for a fun TX speed build. I have all the pieces I’m just not sure how to put it together. Currently running 5Tal/2Sage with the teleport wand and triumvirate. In the cube I have the orb wand, rrog, and gold wrap.

If you wanna vroom vroom and kill everything super fast while also rating well into T13 and upper GR, there is always Tal/Vyr Lightning Archon.

Note that this build requires some very specific pieces with very specific rolls in those slots, and until you have every one it will seem like total crap. But since you said you've got most of everything stashed and cubed, it shouldn't be a problem for you!

If you'd rather stick with Tal's and Explosive Blast, there is also an EB build that uses Wand of Woh with In-geom in the cube. It relies on Goldwrap for defense however, which makes it less than ideal for GR.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
I don’t know how I missed that EB build but thank you! I have all the pieces for it and an ancient Orb of Infinite Depth. Time to numlock my way to victory.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I am having fun with some Tal Meteor build, but it has nothing to reduce the cooldown on teleport so can be kinda slow.
Still need some better items for defense so I can actually do T13. Also need to figure out what ring combo to use, as I don't run a lot solo, so don't need unity. Been thinking about switching out Etched Sigil (no clue how good that really is) and switch to Traveler's set with CoE/Halo of Karini.

https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/Tyrlol-2382/hero/791742

mewse
May 2, 2006

Tahirovic posted:

I am having fun with some Tal Meteor build, but it has nothing to reduce the cooldown on teleport so can be kinda slow.
Still need some better items for defense so I can actually do T13. Also need to figure out what ring combo to use, as I don't run a lot solo, so don't need unity. Been thinking about switching out Etched Sigil (no clue how good that really is) and switch to Traveler's set with CoE/Halo of Karini.

You can't switch out sigil in the meteor build because it's the item that's actually spawning the meteors -- did you mean overwhelming desire? That's a follower item imo

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Tahirovic posted:

Grand Vizier is the cube effect you want with a Meteor build, not Furnace. In case this wasn't obvious, even with Etched Sigil you'll have to actively cast the spells on your hotbar to maintain four stacks of Tal's.

Change Audacity to Power Hungry as you'll want to spend more time keeping people away from you with a channeling build. Zei's is a better choice than Bane of the Powerful for this reason.

exquisite tea fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Sep 25, 2018

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Which is more fun to play, then, Tal Wizard or WW Barb? The Barb seems pretty samey and ehhh at a glance, but maybe I'm totally missing something important and it's not just spin to win?

I'm also on PS4 and using a controller, if that matters.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Fuzz posted:

Which is more fun to play, then, Tal Wizard or WW Barb? The Barb seems pretty samey and ehhh at a glance, but maybe I'm totally missing something important and it's not just spin to win?

I'm also on PS4 and using a controller, if that matters.
"Tal wiz" is vague.

Meteor, EB, and Vyr Archon all play really different.

Vyr Archon is insanely fast with good gear until gr90+. The problem is it needs exceptional gear that's unique to vyr+achon, and it's not the best pushing build and hasn't been since s10. Another problem, if you want to try push GRs or use it seriously beyond T13, is it's one of the most complicated builds in the game to gear for and play effectively once you stop doing trivial content.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Khorne posted:

"Tal wiz" is vague.

Meteor, EB, and Vyr Archon all play really different.

Vyr Archon is insanely fast with good gear until gr90+. The problem is it needs exceptional gear that's unique to vyr+achon, and it's not the best pushing build and hasn't been since s10. Another problem, if you want to try push GRs or use it seriously beyond T13, is it's one of the most complicated builds in the game to gear for and play effectively once you stop doing trivial content.

I'm talking whatever gear set you get with the starter set this season. I don't really care about getting a setup to push GR5 million, I just wanna get a nice set that I can kit out and then stomp face with a little bit for fun until I put the game down again until next season, when I do it again. I'm guessing Vyr Archon requires a bunch of other rare drops and crap, aka the opposite of what I'm looking for. By Tal wiz I meant a wiz using the tal rasha set, since that's the free set this season.

Sorry, I'm not very hardcore. I dabble in Diabler while relaxing on my recliner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

What is the easiest, most braindead set up to keep tals stacks up? I'm fine if it caps out at GR70 but I don't want to play piano and I really want to keep disintegrate if I can