Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

SEX BURRITO posted:

There are lots of white models who work in China. They’re usually really young and from grim areas of Russia and Ukraine so paid horribly. If you shop for clothes on AE you’ll see lots of white girls. Often doing that annoying pose where they’re pretending it’s a selfie.

Yeah, that does explain why the isn't the usual sellers reply of "sexy". Or using review photos in their expanded product details. I've only ever uploaded pics of the items laid out on the floor. I do appreciate one person across a few product pages that had used an actual mannequin for displaying the received product.

r u ready to WALK posted:

Thanks to this thread and the magic of iMessage I almost sent one of these to a business contact by accident

[timg] image [/timg]

At least there's a chance you could play it off as a mistake. Ha ha isn't this weird oh no I sent it to you and not my brother I'm so sorry!!!! If it's a medical penis model or grandma tubing practice medical model I'm not so sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

For some reason, "comealot" seems to be the search term for "Good quality knockoff disney plushes"

I have no idea why, I probably don't want to know.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
You should have taken that to your grave instead of making us contemplate it.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

r u ready to WALK posted:

Thanks to this thread and the magic of iMessage I almost sent one of these to a business contact by accident

send it. it's a power move

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

This is a cute moon / star necklace combo! Might be alright for a tiny party grab bag gift.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1PC...2898741749.html

To be paired with this, perhaps? Some sort of clip on able ear jewelry that goes on the curve of the ear:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fas...2901141048.html

You know uh.... *snaps fingers* that modern art project done forever ago with those bugs which made outer shells, but with items such as gold nuggets, diamonds, jewels, coins, etc. That's what this reminds me of. I kind of want it, but I think you need a gal UV light machine, and I don't have that. Imagine the texture!!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bro...2859493380.html

For all you rice lovers out there: a strainer that clips onto the pot you wash the grains in. Can be used for other things I suppose!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...2797542596.html

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

value-brand cereal posted:

This is a cute moon / star necklace combo! Might be alright for a tiny party grab bag gift.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1PC...2898741749.html

To be paired with this, perhaps? Some sort of clip on able ear jewelry that goes on the curve of the ear:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fas...2901141048.html

You know uh.... *snaps fingers* that modern art project done forever ago with those bugs which made outer shells, but with items such as gold nuggets, diamonds, jewels, coins, etc. That's what this reminds me of. I kind of want it, but I think you need a gal UV light machine, and I don't have that. Imagine the texture!!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bro...2859493380.html

For all you rice lovers out there: a strainer that clips onto the pot you wash the grains in. Can be used for other things I suppose!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...2797542596.html

I think the UV light I got on amazon was 6 bucks. It works just fine. However, I did some damage to my nails by not soaking then long enough for the gel to fall off. No more nail gel for me!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I was looking at reviews for the neo geo mini to see if it was worth getting and if it could be hacked to add more games (no on both counts, unfortunately) and I stumbled across a video comparing it with this thing:

http://s.aliexpress.com/AjErE3U3

Looks pretty decent, and improves on the real thing in a lot of ways. Internal battery, comes with gamepads included and it plays not only neo geo, but also cps1 and 2 games (and all the other standard console emulators that these sorts of things always come with). Uses composite video out instead of hdmi, but anybody that's seen the video quality of the neo geo mini can tell you that's not actually a big difference.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Is it just a GP2X clone in a different casing?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It doesn't look like it, it seems to be optimized specifically for the arcade emulators. It chugs on game boy and snes games.

I did some more research, apparently it's a Coolbaby RS 97 in a different casing

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
Anyone got an iphone case to recommend? Specifically for a 6S. I've upgraded/graduated so my hungry Bobby Hill case no longer fits sadly

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

i like the Genuine Apple leather iphone case, it has solid construction and if you go to an apple store they might have a full range of colors to choose from. the black leather has a timeless look and the saddle leather ages nicely

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
get the exact same case for cheaper off aliexpress

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

I wake up in a sweat, once again the nightmare of posting about leather iPhone cases in the ali thread haunts me

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

its not the same, this one's Genuine Apple

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

8 Ball posted:

Anyone got an iphone case to recommend? Specifically for a 6S. I've upgraded/graduated so my hungry Bobby Hill case no longer fits sadly

If you’re looking for wallet cases, I’ve two recommendations. Right now, I’m using this one and I’m fairly happy with it. I’m also very happy with this brand - they make a couple of different models and are a good compromise between quality and price. Both types come in a million models for various phones.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Former DILF posted:

its not the same, this one's Genuine Apple

whereas the other one is made in the same factory but is put on a different pallet at the end of the line!

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

well its too bad we'll never have a direct comparison because I already have a nice leather case and i'm not going to waste twenty bucks just to win an argument

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Just buy plastic. It's bad for the environment, as are all AE purchases, but this one time means you're not getting leather made from dog skin. ...is there a way to tell if skin is from a specific animal, barring the obvious reptiles and ostriches?

Pick get your taxiderming rear end in here we need answers

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

if someone can replicate the quality of a Genuine Apple leather case with dog leather at lower cost of course I would purchase that once this wears out, but without getting samples we can't be sure

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

genuine apple

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

value-brand cereal posted:

Just buy plastic. It's bad for the environment, as are all AE purchases, but this one time means you're not getting leather made from dog skin. ...is there a way to tell if skin is from a specific animal, barring the obvious reptiles and ostriches?

Pick get your taxiderming rear end in here we need answers

To an extent but for some closely-related things, hair-off, it's really loving hard to borderline impossible. Also depends on the treatment, if it's dyed, whatever. But if you had, like, leather from some kind of bovid, yeah, I'm not going to be able to differentiate those.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
You can also DNA-test leather, but probably not at home
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4894823/

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Anne Whateley posted:

You can also DNA-test leather, but probably not at home
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4894823/

Perhaps someone on aliexpress can start selling kits that allow you to DNA test leather at home in your spare time.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I don't know if I'd want to DNA test AliExpress leather out of fear that it comes back as being human leather

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Well the Illuminati has to find something to do with the rest after the orphan sashimi.

Waste not, want not.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Perhaps someone on aliexpress can start selling kits that allow you to DNA test leather at home in your spare time.

It's all leather.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

RandomFerret posted:

I did some more research, apparently it's a Coolbaby RS 97 in a different casing

Provided it's hackable like those are, it's good news. Running a custom Linux distro the RS97 is pretty capable.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

if Genuine Apple leather iphone cases contained human leather I think that would just add to the prestige

I grew up riding so it feels natural to touch leather though and I know when it's finely made, regardless of species. im just very satisfied with my purchase as it is

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Former DILF posted:

if Genuine Apple leather iphone cases contained human leather I think that would just add to the prestige

I grew up riding so it feels natural to touch leather though and I know when it's finely made, regardless of species. im just very satisfied with my purchase as it is
What do you think they do with all the workers that jump off their factory roofs? Sadly even Genuine Apple Human Leather isn't all that durable:

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

BattleMaster posted:

I don't know if I'd want to DNA test AliExpress leather out of fear that it comes back as being human leather

Unless human leather is cheaper, you have nothing to worry about.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Unless human leather is cheaper, you have nothing to worry about.

ehhhhh in many places it almost certainly would be

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

You just get it from corpses,it's free

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

heeheex2 posted:

genuine apple

Ahem, Genuine Apple.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

I installed my phone into my genuine apple case myself and it voided the warrantee so I couldn't get replacement pricing on a new one when it got hosed up

Always have a genuine apple genius service your genuine apple products

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

lmao are you serious? That’s hosed

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

heeheex2 posted:

lmao are you serious? That’s hosed

Yeah this, that sounds crazy

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

No but they do sue repair shops who send working screens off to have the digitizer (touch input part that is usually what breaks when someone drops their phone) replaced because the ribbon cable has an apple logo on It so they claim it's "counterfit" instead of being refurbished.

Also the power supply on those all in one workstations is unshielded so if you open it up you can literally just die if you brush it wrong

Any self service like say, removing the back panel on a macbook to clean the fans properly instead of just blowing dust further into the chasis with compressed air, voids the warrantee and means you're paying full price for any repairs. The ram is soldered onto the mother board too so if that goes bad uu basically throw the whole thing out lmao

E. that's enough dunking on apple derail. After all those storm delays it looks like the 8bitdo controller I ordered should finally get here some time this week, as it's now in the hands of usps.

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Sep 24, 2018

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

also i9 or w/e is useless on new macs cuz they’re not built well enough to handle the temps so it throttles to shite

crapple ha lol

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

You just get it from corpses,it's free

I'm glad they're using the skin of the political prisoners whose organs they stole to make that living organisms exhibit. Waste not want not! Hopefully those dissidents were dead before they starting peeling them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
Fun fact, skin is the largest organ of the human body.