Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ggangensis
Aug 24, 2018

:10bux:
In other news, Fontus, that self-filling waterbottle crowdfunding scam has gone bankrupt.

Just 1500 people scammed for 300k bucks, so nothing against the Master, but well. Such things make me wonder what happens if CIG goes bankcrupt or in general how it will end. In the case of Fontus, if you've invested 100 bucks in Fontus you get back 0, if you've invested 40k bucks you will at least get back 8k.
However, I doubt a regular bankruptcy will happen with CIG since they will have at least some idiotic whales left til the end and can just scale down to 2-3 people and at least on paper can continue to work on the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

ggangensis posted:

In other news, Fontus, that self-filling waterbottle crowdfunding scam has gone bankrupt.

Just 1500 people scammed for 300k bucks, so nothing against the Master, but well. Such things make me wonder what happens if CIG goes bankcrupt or in general how it will end. In the case of Fontus, if you've invested 100 bucks in Fontus you get back 0, if you've invested 40k bucks you will at least get back 8k.
However, I doubt a regular bankruptcy will happen with CIG since they will have at least some idiotic whales left til the end and can just scale down to 2-3 people and at least on paper can continue to work on the game.

I just think how close those people got to ingesting unsafe levels of dihydrogen monoxide.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lladre posted:

Watermelons do not grow on trees you Suburbanite.

Chris Roberts just needs to disrupt the watermelon on vines paradigm!

pledge now!

AlternateAccount posted:

People using evocati to refer to the singular, rather than evocatus is extremely triggering.

salame

trucutru fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Sep 24, 2018

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Lladre posted:

The fidelity in those shadows.

Me... AND my SHADOWWWW!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Sarsapariller posted:

The framerate is always decent on fresh and low-pop servers. As the server gets a couple of days old, or gets more than a dozen people on, the memory leaks start piling up and everything goes to poo poo.

Ah, so that's why.
...wait aren't all SC servers low-pop? :v: :downsrim:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Hav posted:

How much money did you give them again? <chuckles like a spaz>

I peaked at $600. I forgot how much I sold.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Lladre posted:

The fidelity in those shadows.

Pretty sure that shadow is lurking, quietly, just waiting for the right moment, with lust on its mind.

The inevitable consquences of space market stall ownership, and also piracy.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
https://i.imgur.com/pmIFSJx.mp4

his nibs fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Sep 24, 2018

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Colostomy Bag posted:

I'm starting to get the impression this thing is a pile of poo poo.

sounds like FUD

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

colonelwest posted:

High fidelity emergent criminal erotic gameplay confirmed?

I watched that video of the truck stop, aside from the usual CIG jankiness and "dynamic" AI standing around like they've been recently labotomized, everything about the interiors they design is just so bland and awful. Its a characterless maze of hallways with shoddy artwork ripped from a dozen different IP's, with no understanding of what made the source material unique and interesting.

You can feel that Chris saw the Cyberpunk 2077 video

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

SoftNum posted:

Do you think 834470 refers to a build number? cause that is a metric fuckton of builds.

It's been 7 years. That's only 13–14 builds per hour. :cheeky:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Press and hold F, wobble your mouse around until you see a vague glowing thing then use your scroll wheel to select 'Use' and then left click to pay respects

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Clearly you're just making GBS threads on SC in order to buy ships on the cheap :colbert:

ggangensis
Aug 24, 2018

Man... apart from looking generic as hell, why did they release that? Nobody would expect a high end AI at this point, but at least one that shoots back and does basic movement would be nice. Anyone who is interested in FPS AI should read this thesis about the Quake 3 Bot AI: https://fabiensanglard.net/fd_proxy/quake3/The-Quake-III-Arena-Bot.pdf, interesting stuff.
Actually, I would recommend someone at CIG reads this. The AI in Q3 might not do overly fancy stuff, but it provided an engaging experience with different playstyles for different bots and also worked great on these jump platform maps, which was really nice back in the day. Hell, even a half-decently designed waypoint based system would be miles better than what CIG has put out.

But probably it was just a temporarily glitch that disabled Bot AI or something... I'am sure backers will come up with an explanation.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

So I was actually looking at the email address I signed up to a free-play with, and the last 2 emails they sent were "Avocado Desperato" and "Questions that need Answers" (no answers provided of course)

So yeah they're rubbing peoples noses in it now.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ggangensis posted:

Man... apart from looking generic as hell, why did they release that? Nobody would expect a high end AI at this point, but at least one that shoots back and does basic movement would be nice. Anyone who is interested in FPS AI should read this thesis about the Quake 3 Bot AI: https://fabiensanglard.net/fd_proxy/quake3/The-Quake-III-Arena-Bot.pdf, interesting stuff.
Actually, I would recommend someone at CIG reads this. The AI in Q3 might not do overly fancy stuff, but it provided an engaging experience with different playstyles for different bots and also worked great on these jump platform maps, which was really nice back in the day. Hell, even a half-decently designed waypoint based system would be miles better than what CIG has put out.

But probably it was just a temporarily glitch that disabled Bot AI or something... I'am sure backers will come up with an explanation.

It's subsumption in action but these particular NPCs are pacifists with a long and in depth back story that involves a life of peaceful protests and preferring to talk things through rather than go in all guns blazing.
Please show more respect to these NPCs as they literally do have feelings.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

:frogsiren: PLEASE ADD MORE TO THE SCENE!!!! :frogsiren:

Citcon 2018 Goon collage collaboration!

The audience is seated, Chris and Sandi are on stage, and a mysterious man peers from around a wall. Please add more to the scene until we have a Citcon to rival the great CIG meeting 'shop of 2016!

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

ggangensis posted:

on the other hand

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Xaerael posted:

The audience is seated, Chris and Sandi are on stage, and a mysterious man peers from around a wall. Please add more to the scene until we have a Citcon to rival the great CIG meeting 'shop of 2016!

I NEED PICTURES.
PICTURES OF VERSTICE NOW

ggangensis
Aug 24, 2018

Morphix posted:

on the other hand

What's up there? Doesn't have the AI ammunition?

The AI is bugged in that clip, they shoot back otherwise

Yeah... well, better than nothing I guess. 200 million bucks. :crobear:

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
the best part

quote:

• The group system is undergoing an update and is currently not functioning correctly.
  • The Starmap is being updated with new functionality that is not yet completed.
  • Arena Commander's loadout and ship selector is undergoing a rework to include ship rental functionality and may not be fully function as is.
  • The Rest Stop is currently missing many interior elements and landing pad functionality.
  • Automatically opening interior doors on ships are currently not working.
  • Patrol missions do not start.
  • Text can not be seen on the visor chat window.
  • All mission givers are not functioning currently.
  • Airlocks lack lighting.
  • Navigation markers for some locations are permanently affixed to the HUD.
  • One of the weapon racks at Live Fire weapons isn't selectable.

our game is completely broken, see you next year lol

ggangensis
Aug 24, 2018

Xaerael posted:

:gary:

Love that ATMs on the seats. And that little Derek in the background. Genius!

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Xaerael posted:

getting that coldwarsteve vibe

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

After delving into the patch notes a little more not even Satan in Hell would touch this fireball of utter disaster.

What an absolute farce. Come on CitizenCon...don't let us down.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

LOL I wouldn't call that a peak, man.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

ggangensis posted:

I mean it's not like the engine was mode for shooters. CIG had to mod the FPS support into CryEngine StarEngine.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Xaerael posted:

Can someone who knows computers please make an animation where Disco Lando peeks in through the door with his dirty grin like in that interview with :crobear:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Man, this is so sad.

I really would have liked a new Starflight. Alas... :shrug:

On the other hand, it's darkly amusing that the black hole of video games is still sucking in more money, while really good ideas like this one can't even reach their first, minor goal

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

incredible that guns have like six different options, it reminds me of like DayZ and other extremely clunky "games" that rapidly became really frustrating. it just isn't possible to mix the menu design of an infinity engine game with a contemporary FPS. also I didn't see anyone mention the bouncing or placeholder textures in the "truck stop" which doesn't seem to actually have any functionality

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Frog Act posted:

incredible that guns have like six different options, it reminds me of like DayZ and other extremely clunky "games" that rapidly became really frustrating. it just isn't possible to mix the menu design of an infinity engine game with a contemporary FPS. also I didn't see anyone mention the bouncing or placeholder textures in the "truck stop" which doesn't seem to actually have any functionality

I mean surely these are expected at this stage of development, this is an alpha after all.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

(Did I Godwin too soon?)

Source:

Hav fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Sep 24, 2018

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

ggangensis posted:

What the hell is this poo poo

I have a machine to squeeze out water from the air running behind me this moment, there's no need to invent more crap that generates water out of air, that's a well understood technology that's probably centuries old by now

So they claimed they would reinvent dehumidifiers and people were stupid enough to give them money? :psyduck: They may have not gotten the sheer amount of money, but at least on the level of stupidity they've beaten Star Citizen

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Or the video is just too much too unpack and we skim over the bad detail which are everywhere. But I noticed the placeholder texture and the bouncing at least :v: They did remove the UI jumping up and down on the screen, and like i said, the FPS seems better. The shooting looks REALLY bad tho.

Frog Act posted:

incredible that guns have like six different options, it reminds me of like DayZ and other extremely clunky "games" that rapidly became really frustrating.

It does remind me of the ARMA series menu, which, while useful for a game like that (or you know, basically a mod framework, allowing very simple extension of the menu) is actually absolute rear end 90% of the time. And a lot of it was "fixed" between Arma 2 and 3. This looks like the unfixed version.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Libluini posted:

What the hell is this poo poo

I have a machine to squeeze out water from the air running behind me this moment, there's no need to invent more crap that generates water out of air, that's a well understood technology that's probably centuries old by now

So they claimed they would reinvent dehumidifiers and people were stupid enough to give them money? :psyduck: They may have not gotten the sheer amount of money, but at least on the level of stupidity they've beaten Star Citizen

No you see they take elemental Hydrogen and Oxygen and combine them for the purest water in the world! Not that pleb poo poo a dehumidifier pumps out.

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

Star Citizen: Hold my bear :crobear:

ggangensis
Aug 24, 2018

Lord Stimperor posted:

I mean it's not like the engine was mode for shooters. CIG had to mod the FPS support into CryEngine StarEngine.

Who knows, maybe they broke the stock CryEngine AI with their sloppy tinkering or it just wasn't fidelitous enough... But I guess it says something when you build your game on a FPS engine and even that part isn't working... bad flight physics might be explained, but this? Mhm...

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Xaerael posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ggangensis
Aug 24, 2018

No, but they made a good decision to not add Chris Roberts to that video. But since Randy Pitchford is in it, who knows, maybe they tried... "Ehh, you know... buy a Legatus pack and I might ehh... appear... in your video"