Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there be a poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 125 49.02%
No 130 50.98%
Total: 255 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Alternate choice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

this ones still udpating too

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

this ones still udpating too

this is just saber and a touken ranbu

unless this is a comic about cosplayers

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
that's the crossplayer gets a brother comic is it?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
did it end up being good

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

i love touch

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Sharkopath posted:

theres a ton but the ones I follow are still in my backlog

Yeah, its causing me decision paralysis because I don't know where to start outside of the obvious.

Like I prefer more of whodunnit-y fair play style stuff, but mystery itself is such a broad category where a lot of other stuff can get lump in.

Wark Say posted:

Do it. I'll read it and pester you for more.

ok but it'll just be for QED and CMB because that is the only thing i feel comfortable talking about.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

did it end up being good

it isnt bad

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

The Colonel posted:

the way you read tf in this post is how you can figure out who you are as a person. do you read it as trans flag, or as tittyfuck. only you can decide

y.... yes

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

this is just saber and a touken ranbu

unless this is a comic about cosplayers

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I think the dude should learn some friggin french so he can talk to his brother though

theyve been living together for months now

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Snooze Cruise posted:

Yeah, its causing me decision paralysis because I don't know where to start outside of the obvious.

Like I prefer more of whodunnit-y fair play style stuff, but mystery itself is such a broad category where a lot of other stuff can get lump in.

ok but it'll just be for QED and CMB because that is the only thing i feel comfortable talking about.
Go with your hunch, Snooze. :)

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

today i learned the end of the officially licensed The Ring video game is you shooting sadako to death with a glock while inside the matrix

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sharkopath posted:

today i learned the end of the officially licensed The Ring video game is you shooting sadako to death with a glock while inside the matrix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLskE0UDa-A

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Srice posted:

There have been several places I frequent that used to be real good about separating nws stuff but that all went out the window with this meme and I hate it.

I have feared for my job today

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Snooze Cruise posted:

If I was a lady ghost as opposed to an alive lady it would probably suck for all the men in the world to suddenly die because then you have to deal with a sudden influx of ghost dudes. Hm. Scary.

Sudden influx of ghost dads bringing the yellow ectoplasm.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
So many emotions in 4 pages.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Is having an anxiety attack every Monday just part of my life now

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I have to call a hotel to clear up some confusion about my room but I'm putting it off because I hate talking on the phone. My own millennial anxiety there!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm anti-horny now.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm anti-horny now.

I doubt it.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

What happens when a horny and an anti-horny collide

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

What's the deal with white people putting tipis in their kid's rooms. Should I be mad about this? Cultural appropriation?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

littleorv posted:

What's the deal with white people putting tipis in their kid's rooms. Should I be mad about this? Cultural appropriation?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
actually I think that book makes a point that the titular indian doesn't come from a place where tipis were used so it's probably not that

content
Feb 13, 2014

littleorv posted:

I have to call a hotel to clear up some confusion about my room but I'm putting it off because I hate talking on the phone. My own millennial anxiety there!

I totally have this, too. Ironically, I've had multiple jobs where talking on the phone all day was not an issue. But as soon as I'm off the clock, no way.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Yeah it's in the movie too. The kids like "here I got you a tipi" "the gently caress is a tipi"

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

littleorv posted:

I have feared for my job today

Yea.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

lol

DoubleDonut posted:

actually I think that book makes a point that the titular indian doesn't come from a place where tipis were used so it's probably not that

Surprising. Most representations of indigenous people usually present them as Plains People even when they should not be. Though that has been changing in recent times.

I think.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I was gonna say my current fave detective series is in/specter but I don’t this it’s actually a detective series so rip

The concept of: come up with plausible explanations to lie away the actually happening thing is real good though, and nicely mysteryish

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

My last bastion of defense against unprompted horny bowser art is gonna be LA comedy podcast twitter, if it falls then all is lost.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Follow up question: what’s the good courtroom drama manga

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxb6yzOYF_Q

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Aw :kimchi:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

this one got a really complicated premise but lol at the boss in it

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

this comic though im not even gonna try reaidng but lmao at this dudes hr geiger gunblades

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://mangadex.org/title/21493/butterfly-storage

if you want to read the drinky boss one though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have very mixed feelings about this one based on the two chapters that are available
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=147608

it has an interesting setting -- basically an HR/Internal Affairs type department inside police HQ that investigates complaints made about lovely officers -- so you've got a combo of case investigation and workplace interaction that has a lot of potential. it's also in that vein of "let's observe this weird/unusual/unsocial guy" manga that can be fun (the guy reminds me a little of Yugami from Yugami-kun Has No Friends mixed with a little of Uramichi-oniisan's bitterness and two-facedness)

however it has a comedic bent but the two cases so far have been fairly serious incidents that I don't feel entirely comfortable with being used in a gag setting, so I'm getting some tonal whiplash and treating poo poo like sexual harassment and assault in such a flip way isn't sitting well with me. the main dude also seems to have a real mean streak he's literally targeting people who wronged him in extremely petty ways so he's a lot less sympathetic at this point than other characters in this style of manga who are unusual or awkward but you still want to root for them or enjoy watching their antics or whatever.

I'm not sure I'm ready to write it off completely because it might still be finding its balance but at least so far I don't think I'd recommend it due to how put off it's been making me feel when reading it.