Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
There's also the cutscene not an hour or so ago in the MSQ where the Ala Mhigans who actually decided to rise up got brutally murdered by giant robots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

The Eorzean Alliance should just throw caution to the wind and repurpose all the old Allagan facilities/weapons for their own use. Then Garlemald will learn how paltry they truly are.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The plot twist is that Rowena was working with the Garleans this whole time. The tomestones we collected were Allagan relics that gave the Garleans information on how to build their war machines.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

There are a few female NPCs that flirt with you.

I recall a catgirl in Thanalan who has you chase away peepers before offering to let you look in their stead. Regardless of your gender.

I believe there's one catgirl in Gyr Abania in Ala Ghirri who's a prostitute and asks you to deal with a troublesome client or something. Once you finish the quest she offers you a discount regardless of your gender.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Lyse was introduced before Highlanders were a thing, so she looks like a Midlander.

Before Highlander ladies were a thing. Tanaka couldn't envision anyone wanting a play a lady who had any sort of muscle definition, so femlanders and roegadames were only added in 2.0, along with catboys.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I hope the wargames in the Astralagos stuff means Idyllshire is going to send its gobbie war machines to the Eorzean Alliance for their actual push into Garlemald.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Vitamean posted:

I love the lalafell exclusive content, like the "not all lalafells" gate guard early in Heavensward, or this very special version of the 4.2 ending:

That scene in particular was hilarious as a big male roe.

You aren't intimidating at all when you have to nearly break your neck to look up at me you stupid angry hamster.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
Hey, guess who has two thumbs and pugged an O10S clear literally 4 minutes before the weekly reset? This guy!

(yes we would have gotten it two pulls earlier if I hadn't hosed up, shut up)

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

Ytlaya posted:

So I'm at a point where I'm trying to convince people in this village to join the Ala Mhigan resistance, and these villagers are basically 100% correct in their reasons for not wanting to join. There's no way in hell I'd join up in their shoes.

edit: Also why is Lyse white with blonde hair when it seems like most Hyur Ala Mhigans are dark brown with dark hair?
edit2: Well I guess this one dude randomly has blue hair, dunno what's up with that

Minfilia is actually a Highlander too. Her dad was an Ala Mhigan spy and had info about the whole project meteor thing which might have helped if he hadn’t been killed in a political stunt orchestrated by her adopted cat mom.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Like others have said, Minfilia and Yda aren't highlander models because highlander females didn't exist in 1.0. Maybe the plot could explain their differences to other Ala Mhigans by saying that their muscle tone and poo poo are determined by their proximity to Gyr Abania or something.

SImilarly, when 1.0 was made they hadn't finely tuned enough concerning Miqo'te lore, so although F'lhaminn's a Seeker of the Moon, she has Seeker of the Sun naming conventions. I think they try to explain that by saying her ancestry is convoluted.

homeless snail posted:

I sincerely hope this ronso stuff is wrong and they really meant lupins

Same. Ronsos sucked in X. I've liked every game with representations of Lupins, though. I can't imagine they'd do Lupins due to the way the current NPCs are portrayed, because there's no way to give a Lupin a proper hairstyle like the current races. I think that's fine personally, but I could see there being riots over it. I'd still think the option would be awesome though. In any case, we could use another beastly race, but do we need another based on cats? gently caress just give me Seeq, that'd be hilarious.

Nyagato
Apr 6, 2009
The PS4 trial for this game got me back into it again. Playing from the comfort of my couch is the best and I love it.
I played to level 46 when ARR was new but I don't think I have anything on that character I would like to preserve. You don't get anything exciting stuff from having played on release right? I probably had a XP accessory and a unicorn or something? I just decided to use the new account since disconnecting the new account from my PS4 sounded like a huge pain.

Also playing as a Au Ra Ninja in 2.x MSQ feels weird. I feel like Yugiri is stealing my thunder here! (The sparring with the adventurer in front of the Doman kids made up for it though.)

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Are there any other possible strutting dominatrix races? There is obviously someone in the system who likes that style.

Other than Viera my guesses are:

1. Ivalician moogle (not so extinct after all, kupo)
2. Half-Garlean, like Arenvald, which basically means "you have the third eye but you can also use aether."
3. Comedy Dwarf option because the expansion will actually be about invading Garlemald from below through the vast underworld, FFIV style.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Ytlaya posted:

It's kind of impressive how this game somehow manages to make it feel like the WoL couldn't be any race/gender other than the one I've made them. I've just gotten so familiar with the idea of my specific character as being the protagonist that it's weird seeing Youtube videos and stuff with some random catgirl or whatever as the WoL.

"Oh, so you're the Warrior of Light? I thought you'd be taller."

*Pans to Roegadyn with maxed out size slider*

The other day I pulled up a youtube video of a cutscene, and I was really confused who that weird catgirl was standing in the corner without saying anything.

e: another really good cutscene for me was the Ironworks lady who decks out Alpha in ironworks armor, and the WoL asks for some too. Well, the armor you're wearing could buy an entire estate, she says, as I'm standing there butt naked except the sushi healer bottom.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Sep 25, 2018

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Nessus posted:

Are there any other possible strutting dominatrix races? There is obviously someone in the system who likes that style.

Other than Viera my guesses are:

2. Half-Garlean, like Arenvald, which basically means "you have the third eye but you can also use aether."
3. Comedy Dwarf option because the expansion will actually be about invading Garlemald from below through the vast underworld, FFIV style.

Half-Elezen, since we know they exist and honestly Hilda's got a pretty solid look?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

We also know that half Au Ra exist, from the Sui no Sato story. Like dragongirls, just less scaly :v:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Nessus posted:

This is definitely the dream, but I highly doubt it sadly.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Had a RDM last night try to debate me on the mechanics of Ampador Keep Hard's first boss. Bitch, when I was your age this was in the EXDR rotation. I did this dungeon EVERY DAY and I LIKED IT.

Though the bigger problem was the level 64 sprout tank who didn't know what flash or circle of scorn was. Or maybe the SAM that was pulling adds because the tank was single pulling, but then the tank wouldn't grab aggro and they'd run around free. We legit almost failed the DPS check in that dungeon. Tank high point was during the expanding AoE with Feridad. After we killed the adds and made it stop growing, he ran straight into the AoE to punch the boss a bunch. I pulled off the most well timed rescue of my life and got him out of the AoE in time so that he didn't get hit when he ran straight back into the bad.

What I'm saying is, it was a great time and I desperately need Mendacity to get myself geared up again.

e: the tank wasn't a bot. He was speaking and had a pretty good attitude! Even yelled at the SAM to stop pulling! He was just dumb as poo poo.

e2: unless it was just an elaborate ruse

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
60% off Stormblood tempted me back in.

Excited to see how well my Roe backflips as a Red Mage.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I want to raise a tank ult, and not 100% sure which. Kinda leaning towards Paladin since DRK looks like too many buttons and the self-healing looks like it would make them better for like, solo/duoing unsynced ARR-HW stuff, but I keep hearing DRK has one of the best questlines. Is DRK fun/manageable to play at higher levels though?

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
To be fair to that spout tank, advice you often hear is to let dps who pull extra tank it themselves. I personally generally won't do that unless the person is being actively antagonistic and I'm sure they'll die from it.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Yes, all tanks are fine at high level play. Pretty fun too, lots of button mashing Dark Arts as hard as you can.

Also the quests are amazing, go do them.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Relax Or DIE posted:

To be fair to that spout tank, advice you often hear is to let dps who pull extra tank it themselves. I personally generally won't do that unless the person is being actively antagonistic and I'm sure they'll die from it.

I completely agree, except the sprout tank was struggling to hold onto aggro on even the small pulls. It's an easy enough dungeon so I didn't mind so much. I was more amused at the whiny DPS who were being passive aggressive about the lovely tank rather than the tank himself. I strongly suspect I had more DPS than the RDM too, there were times where things didn't die unless I was stoning it.

I know it wasn't the SAM because he was usually off pulling stuff for me to holy.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Sep 25, 2018

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Zerilan posted:

I want to raise a tank ult, and not 100% sure which. Kinda leaning towards Paladin since DRK looks like too many buttons and the self-healing looks like it would make them better for like, solo/duoing unsynced ARR-HW stuff, but I keep hearing DRK has one of the best questlines. Is DRK fun/manageable to play at higher levels though?

I have a secret for you: They ALL have self-healing. And DRK is at its most fun at cap.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

Zerilan posted:

If pressing too many buttons isn't sounding nice to you then it be hard to suggest dark knight, since you do press an extra OGCD for a buff (dark arts) before using 75% of your actual abilities.

And if you want a tank best suited for solo/unsynced/duo any can work but Warrior probably does it best, since they have real good dps, the best self healing and solid cooldowns.

All tanks are fun and play well however, tho I do feel DRK really needs an overhaul in next expansion with how many extra buttons you need to repeatedly smash for reaching the same result as PLD or WAR.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
Does anyone know of a convenient way to draw up positioning/movement diagrams for Savage or whatever? It doesn't have to be XIV specific, but something a bit more convenient and pretty than MS Paint would be nice.

Also, is it too early to break out the winter outfits? Of course not, it's always winter in Ishgard.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Google Draw?

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
MS Paint is a raiding tradition and using anything else borders on blasphemy.

I still remember my vanilla WoW guild's image for Razorgore (the first boss in Blackwing Lair) that was absolutely nothing but scribbles in like 15 different colors that all overlapped so as to become useless garbage.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Choyi posted:

All tanks are fun and play well however, tho I do feel DRK really needs an overhaul in next expansion with how many extra buttons you need to repeatedly smash for reaching the same result as PLD or WAR.

I really appreciated that they acknowledged that people weren't happy with how often DRK's have to hit dark arts this expansion and almost immediately afterwards a patch came out that added dark arts to an additional move

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Alakaiser posted:

I still remember my vanilla WoW guild's image for Razorgore (the first boss in Blackwing Lair) that was absolutely nothing but scribbles in like 15 different colors that all overlapped so as to become useless garbage.

For a short time during uluar there was an addon that let officers paint on a canvas and everyone else in the raid could see it. Really cool poo poo and a lot of the drawings were high art. I need to remember to upload some of them.

Edit: oh good they were still in photobucket.

Boogalo fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Sep 25, 2018

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

So I'm at a point where I'm trying to convince people in this village to join the Ala Mhigan resistance, and these villagers are basically 100% correct in their reasons for not wanting to join. There's no way in hell I'd join up in their shoes.

That's one of my favorite things about Stormblood. The WoL rolls in ready to video game protagonist a problem away and everyone who's actually been living there, who's been through this poo poo before and saw what it cost them, who actually have something to lose? They're not just going to fall in line behind you because you're "special." You're not special, not to them. You're just another dreamer who's going to make things even worse for them with your recklessness.

Heavensward did some of this, too, especially in the post-expansion story stuff, showing that peace with the Dravanians isn't just going to magically happen because you beat up the big bad guy.

FFXIV tries pretty hard to portray the citizens of all of these counties as people with their own lives, fears, and ideas, and not just faceless masses whose whole lives turn around because you Solved The Problem. The 2.x Titan storyline that looks at why the beast tribes summon primals is another great example of this.

I mean ultimately it's an anime video game about fighting evil, but it does more than most RPGs to keep its actual world grounded and believable and to humanize all of the sentient peoples, even the "monstrous" ones.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Alakaiser posted:

The thing is, one of my static members has some language processing issues, so I'd like the diagrams to be as clear as possible. Just putting a bunch of red, green and blue dots on a canvas and saying "this is you, get blown across during the intermission" or "move clockwise during Simon Says" isn't necessarily going to click for them.

Other than that, they're very competent and friendly, it just takes a different approach to explain positioning and such. Which is fine, though something to streamline the process of making a bunch of paint diagrams would be handy.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Renegret posted:

another really good cutscene for me was the Ironworks lady who decks out Alpha in ironworks armor, and the WoL asks for some too. Well, the armor you're wearing could buy an entire estate, she says, as I'm standing there butt naked except the sushi healer bottom.

It's a very expensive bottom.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Does anyone know of a convenient way to draw up positioning/movement diagrams for Savage or whatever? It doesn't have to be XIV specific, but something a bit more convenient and pretty than MS Paint would be nice.

Also, is it too early to break out the winter outfits? Of course not, it's always winter in Ishgard.

Which pants and boots are you wearing? Super cute.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So after you finish the Doman Enclave donations this week (if you have been keeping up with it, and if you have it will be the school cutscene), it will say that the gratuity rate and the budget has increased.

The gratuity rate is now 200% and the budget is increased to 25k. This means you have an extra 5k you can get this week. Just make sure you don't miss out on that bonus 5k.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

I love that it's not too hard to be super stylish in this game.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Harrow posted:

That's one of my favorite things about Stormblood. The WoL rolls in ready to video game protagonist a problem away and everyone who's actually been living there, who's been through this poo poo before and saw what it cost them, who actually have something to lose? They're not just going to fall in line behind you because you're "special." You're not special, not to them. You're just another dreamer who's going to make things even worse for them with your recklessness.

It was particularly absurd when Lyse got all angry at them not joining. Like, gently caress off, this village has apparently already lost like half its young people to rebellion and the dude explicitly stated they can't afford to lose many more. They're 100% correct when they say you don't understand.

I like how even in the end most people still don't join and you don't get the approval of the village chief guy; it's considered a victory just that you got a handful.

Zerilan posted:

I'm terrible with "too many button" issues and DRK is the easiest class I've played so far.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Just in time for the ugg boots too. The winter coat that's part of the new set is pretty good too.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I'm way behind on raid content; still haven't finished Sigmascape Normal. But I just got Sigma 1.0 in my latest WT so that finally got me off my rear end.

Phantom Train is :krad:. Can't wait to beat up an art-loving demon and his nudist friend.

Mordiceius posted:

So after you finish the Doman Enclave donations this week (if you have been keeping up with it, and if you have it will be the school cutscene), it will say that the gratuity rate and the budget has increased.

The gratuity rate is now 200% and the budget is increased to 25k. This means you have an extra 5k you can get this week. Just make sure you don't miss out on that bonus 5k.

Got it done this morning before work. :cheers: The Doman Adventurers' Guild is adorable.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

DizzyBum posted:

Can't wait to beat up an art-loving demon and his nudist friend.

It's Lakshmi (Final Fantasy VI edition). Before 4.3, Lakshmi was involved in every Stormblood update. :eng101:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

There's still time for her to Kramer back into the scene again before 5.0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

homeless snail posted:

I sincerely hope this ronso stuff is wrong and they really meant lupins

Watch it be the Rev