Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

IT'S HIS DICK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Thanks SA for assist snipe

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This is now an image from a Cronenberg movie.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Chard posted:

Thanks SA for assist snipe

:hfive:

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

:nws: that poo poo, man. :barf:

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

burial posted:

I know, I know. I just don’t like it because the web shooters/web fluid were always like “check it out, Spider-man is smart!” and it doesn’t make any sense biologically for webs to come out of wrists or wherever they’re coming out of these days. :(

It’s fine. I’m old.

Venture Brothers got that right. The guys spinnerets were right above his crack.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
https://i.imgur.com/4eu4prN.mp4

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

burial posted:

I know, I know. I just don’t like it because the web shooters/web fluid were always like “check it out, Spider-man is smart!” and it doesn’t make any sense biologically for webs to come out of wrists or wherever they’re coming out of these days. :(

It’s fine. I’m old.
This was back around the Raimi movies, he eventually went back to mechanical shooters in the comics and later movies.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lord Hydronium posted:

This was back around the Raimi movies, he eventually went back to mechanical shooters in the comics and later movies.

That was part of the deal when he traded his marriage to satan

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
dang Raimi, that's commitment

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Lord Hydronium posted:

Why would he go back to mechanical shooters if he became a spider, died, and gave birth to himself?

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Data Graham posted:

There's also that "This business has paid its police protection money" light they were putting up in Detroit

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2018/01/23/detroit-green-light/109524794/

No doubt Green Light is a controversial project. Now in most big cities a lot of the violent crime is gang related. But the carjackings and shootings that happen at gas stations and corner stores usually have innocent victims and they get the most news exposure. The green light cameras are so clear that its leading to tips and fast identification of some suspects. To be honest, if I had no choice but to get gas in the city (which is roughly about as advisable as starting a land war in Asia), I would go to a green light location (they usually have a flashing green light right on the exterior signage). And if I was a dirtbag who wanted to rob people at a participating gas station, id have second thoughts about it (which I think is the primary objective).

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

It’s literally pay us and we’ll protect you better and faster. If it works so well then the police should pay the store owners for saving them time instead.

Edit: what the gently caress thread is this

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

SLOSifl posted:

It’s literally pay us and we’ll protect you better and faster. If it works so well then the police should pay the store owners for saving them time instead.

Edit: what the gently caress thread is this

Nice store front, would be a shame if we didn't give a gently caress about patrolling the area or responding to any calls for help. :cop:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Data Graham posted:

There's also that "This business has paid its police protection money" light they were putting up in Detroit

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2018/01/23/detroit-green-light/109524794/

From the article it appears to be more "This business has paid its Comcast protection money" light. It's like Robocop, except with Comcast instead of a robot company.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

burial posted:

Why would he go back to mechanical shooters if he became a spider, died, and gave birth to himself?

He literally had several years of his life retconned away by Marvel Satan in the comic including his marriage.

It's one of the arcs the fans hate the most

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Thanks, funny pictures thread. Thanks for standing by while I ruined Spider-man for myself.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

burial posted:

Thanks, funny pictures thread. Thanks for standing by while I ruined Spider-man for myself.

There's a Spider-man story that takes place in the future where Mary Jane died from decades of exposure to Peter's radioactive semen.

RatHat has a new favorite as of 09:16 on Sep 25, 2018

burial
Sep 13, 2002

RatHat posted:

There's a Spider-man story that takes place in the future where Mary Jane died from centuries of exposure to Peter's radioactive semen.

Well, sure. That was bound to happen eventually.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
Comic books have like 1 or 2 good arcs per series, the rest are trash that should be thrown the gently caress away if you were dumb enough to buy them.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

25 bit out of my price range, will wait till after Halloween for the funeral.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

60 inches? What is this, a coffin for hobbits?

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

RatHat posted:

There's a Spider-man story that takes place in the future where Mary Jane died from centuries of exposure to Peter's radioactive semen.

Are people in this future basically immortal? Cuz centuries of life seems like she had a pretty good run, regardless of whose semen she was doing cat's cradles with.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Jamesman posted:

Happy Tree Friends got its start on YouTube, right? Imagine trying to do that with how YouTube is now.

Not enough swastikas?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

burial posted:

They should have whoever wrote that writing new Metal Gear games.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

burial posted:

Probably for ease of reloading. Your mechanical shooter runs out of goo you just snap in a new goo cartridge and keep going. If your wrist butt runs out of goo all you can do is go eat some flies and wait.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Plus the social awkwardness of having a pair of wrist butts. Peter would have to wear long sleeves all the time. He could never go swimming. I don't know what his goo holes looked like, but at best it's going to look like a pimple in a spot where people don't usually get pimples. And then there's probably be some sort of sack or bulge where the goo is stored. Wrist balls? No way is that gonna look right on a dude's forearm.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Inspector 34 posted:

Are people in this future basically immortal? Cuz centuries of life seems like she had a pretty good run, regardless of whose semen she was doing cat's cradles with.

Woops, I meant decades.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

60 inches? What is this, a coffin for hobbits?

Don't have your top half buried in the same coffin as your bottom half. Let them have some time apart for once.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Caufman posted:

Don't have your top half buried in the same coffin as your bottom half. Let them have some time apart for once.

This is how people in the past stop spirits from masturbating. [citation needed]

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

RatHat posted:

There's a Spider-man story that takes place in the future where Mary Jane died from decades of exposure to Peter's radioactive semen.

"Spider-Cum" is the term
For his radioactive sperm.
Mary Jane already knows:
Cancer when he blows he load.
Look ooooouuuuuuuuuut!
Here cums the Spider-Maaaaaaaaaan!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wheat Loaf posted:

"Spider-Cum" is the term
For his radioactive sperm.
Mary Jane already knows:
Cancer when he blows he load.
Look ooooouuuuuuuuuut!
Here cums the Spider-Maaaaaaaaaan!

:hmmyes:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

you'll never make it out alive

Pillbug

I'm digging the implied price of Camp X-Ray, which is presumably about the torture camp at Guantanamo.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

Instant-coffin with scream
Frightechino
Macci-aaaahhh!-to

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

go for a stroll posted:

I'm digging the implied price of Camp X-Ray, which is presumably about the torture camp at Guantanamo.

It is, and probably one of the best movies starring Kristen Stewart (who plays a camp guard) that is not Adventureland, Cloud of Sils Maria, and the ending battle of Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The MSJ posted:

It is, and probably one of the best movies starring Kristen Stewart (who plays a camp guard) that is not Adventureland, Cloud of Sils Maria, and the ending battle of Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2.

watch Personal Shopper my friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/tokugifs/status/1044484707105329158