Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Thread regular Tariq Nasheed is once again going full Cosby apologist.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Zuck has backed off from running right? He was flirting with it a lot last year.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

anime was right posted:

BASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

they're right

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

pelosishly: "we're insolvent. and that's just the way it is."

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Bill Cosby arguably has the highest body count of any serial rapist in modern history. Think about that for a second, it's likely true.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
only a shameful goon would think bastaman is capable of being owned by 4chan

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

docbeard posted:

Warren at least believes in regulations. As far as I can tell, Pelosi believes in not rocking the boat.

She's bad. Her most famous contribution is pointing out that healthcare, education, and housing are the three main problems causing middle class decline, yet she hasn't made a single proposal that would fix any of them.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
so the Murphy Brown revival sounds like peak succ television

https://twitter.com/sepinwall/status/1044562064390402049

quote:

Worse than groaners like that — or playboy Frank struggling to attract women in his old age, or Corky going through hot flashes on-air — is the sense of preachy self-importance that permeates the entire revival. Murphy Brown comes out of retirement to try to save America itself, and Murphy Brown seems convinced it can do the same thing.

The season premiere climaxes with Murphy swapping insults with President Trump during a live broadcast (him via Twitter, her glaring at the camera). The second episode has her lecturing Sarah Huckabee Sanders about the fundamental dishonesty of her press briefings, while the third sees her verbally dismantling a barely-disguised version of Steve Bannon (get ready for all the jokes about wearing multiple shirts that you can handle, and then some!), played by Billions‘ David Costabile. At a certain point, the corny punch lines turn out to simply be a clapter delivery system.

We’re absolutely in the midst of a crisis of democracy, civility and belief in the value and trustworthiness of a free press. Murphy’s not wrong on much, and when she is, her now adult son Avery (Jake McDorman, whose easy chemistry with Bergen is the only part of the revival that really works) is there to gently mock her for it. But her (and the show’s) positions are laid out with such a smug, leaden hand that — like Aaron Sorkin’s The Newsroom — it seems designed to alienate the people who agree with it at least as much as the Trumpists who won’t be watching in the first place.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

punk rebel ecks posted:

Zuck has backed off from running right? He was flirting with it a lot last year.

That was pre Cambridge analytica and shadow-banning, so whatever good will he had with voters is probably long gone.

He should still try, though. Watching him die on stage and then eat poo poo in Iowa and New Hampshire would be great.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Nothus posted:

That was pre Cambridge analytica and shadow-banning, so whatever good will he had with voters is probably long gone.

He should still try, though. Watching him die on stage and then eat poo poo in Iowa and New Hampshire would be great.

ive said repeatedly: hes going to run as a third party candidate based off some weird data triangulation. he will lose incredibly and take down the democrat along with him.

hes going to third-way the already third-wayed party and give us 4 more years of trump if he runs.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I think we all know who will win between the chad bastabros and the virgin berniebros.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

mighty fine clickbait i tell u wut

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

that column is like half a month old

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

punk rebel ecks posted:

Bill Cosby arguably has the highest body count of any serial rapist in modern history. Think about that for a second, it's likely true.

I mean, there probably are a bunch of sex tourists that gently caress children with way bigger numbers than Cosby

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
How many people actually know who Avenatti is? He's not nearly popular enough to run on his celebrity

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Barry Convex posted:

so the Murphy Brown revival sounds like peak succ television

https://twitter.com/sepinwall/status/1044562064390402049

Who was the target demo for this? I remember when it was still on the air one of my middle school teachers telling me this was her favorite show and she was as old as the hills. Half this shows original audience is dead and the other half are probably too far gone to watch it.

That's why all the nostalgia revival bullshit is aimed at people in their 30s and 40s...cause they were alive 20 years ago to enjoy it the first time.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

The Nastier Nate posted:

That's why all the nostalgia revival bullshit is aimed at people in their 30s and 40s...cause they were alive 20 years ago to "enjoy" it the first time.

FTFY.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Nastier Nate posted:

Who was the target demo for this? I remember when it was still on the air one of my middle school teachers telling me this was her favorite show and she was as old as the hills. Half this shows original audience is dead and the other half are probably too far gone to watch it.

That's why all the nostalgia revival bullshit is aimed at people in their 30s and 40s...cause they were alive 20 years ago to enjoy it the first time.

I watched an episode of Last Man Standing the other day and found Tim Allen's timing and banter oddly familiar despite never having been a huge fan of Home Improvement, yet it was recognizable and tickled some kind of neural connection that made it comfortable.

Never watching that poo poo again.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

2020 begins now!

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

The Nastier Nate posted:

I remember they released Murphy Brown season 1 on DVD and it sold badly enough that they didnt bother with the following seasons

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I remember they released Murphy Brown season 1 on DVD and it sold badly enough that they didnt bother with the following seasons

Truth be told, most TV from that era is better remember than rewatched.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Nonsense posted:

2020 begins now!

Well, right after the 2018 midterm elections

https://twitter.com/daystilelection/status/1044677936681562112

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Shoulda put it on VHS

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

2020 began november 10th, 2016

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

I respect Ted Cruz's family

Specifically, I respect how his daughter hates him too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AboctQk2qNk

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Shear Modulus posted:

2020 began november 10th, 2016

*July 26th, 2016

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

avenatti getting duped by a 4channer is funny so i think its true

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Calibanibal posted:

avenatti getting duped by a 4channer is funny so i think its true

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

avenatti bamboozling every trump flunkie and fox news blowhard then getting owned by a 14 year old 4chan troll is the most 2018 thing

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

punk rebel ecks posted:

His booster-seat appearance before Congress effectively ended his presidential ambitions.

The Nastier Nate posted:

The same target demo as the one that watched it the first go-round: self-satisfied liberals whose political involvement begins and ends at applauding a fictional newscaster super-slamming the right.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why do we assume 4channers are teenagers

those would be recent discoverers of the website

would it not be more likely that someone using 4chan has been on the site for a long time and thereby in their mid-20s to 30s?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what if it is in fact you who is the 4channer

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Reminder that Crazy Bernie raised 200+ million during his primary on small campaign contributions.

It's no wonder why the sad low energy DNC is having trouble improving their balance sheet.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The Nastier Nate posted:

According to Nielsen, CNN’s audience averages a spry 59 during prime time and 61 for the total viewing day. Viewers at Fox, which is part of 21st Century Fox, and Comcast’s MSNBC both average 66 during prime time and 65 for the total day, according to Nielsen.

Furthermore, Nielsen estimates about 33% of CNN’s audience is viewers aged 25 to 54, the target demographic for cable news, compared with 22 of MSNBC and 21% for Fox News. More than half of Fox and MSNBC viewers are other the age of 65, which make up 39% of CNN’s audience.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
anyway the answer to who the hell is watching a network tv show is old people

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Sep 25, 2018

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Muppets On PCP posted:

anyway the answer to who the hell is watching a network tv show is old people

It's why Fox News has so many boomer money extraction scams like magic gold coin ads.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

etalian posted:

Reminder that Crazy Bernie raised 200+ million during his primary on small campaign contributions.

It's no wonder why the sad low energy DNC is having trouble improving their balance sheet.

lmao the tantrum they threw when he wouldn’t hand over his donor-phone list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nonsense posted:

lmao the tantrum they threw when he wouldn’t hand over his donor-phone list.

He didn't want Bernie fans to read those hilarious DNC money grubbing emails.