Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Tollymain posted:

good luck rebuilding any kind of relationships w the sane people in your life, morons!

They're slavering for the day when 50,000 FIFTY THOUSAND PEOPLE are arrested for heinous crimes because it means they can say "I told you so"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
brb going to register OKQpid.com now

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

At this point, i just think they should just form an actual church, purely for taxes reasons.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I love how they fluctuate their use of the phrase "the people" to both mean themselves or everybody that isn't them depending on which part of the narrative they're using, seemingly completely unaware of the self-contradiction that doing so highlights.

Which is it, Qanon? Are you society, or are you its fringe outsiders? Can't have it both ways.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Cactus posted:

Can't have it both ways.

Holding two or more mutually exclusive positions is base requirement for being a Conservative, let alone being a radical conspiracy theorist.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Toplowtech posted:

At this point, i just think they should just form an actual church, purely for taxes reasons.

Please let them do this. They're so incompetent they'd gently caress it all up and not pay their taxes and get hilariously busted. That would easily be the best possible end to this Q anon saga.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Holding two or more mutually exclusive positions is base requirement for being a Conservative, let alone being a radical conspiracy theorist.

Yeah I should've just posted that ever-shifting rhetoric emote.

Carnival of Shrews
Mar 27, 2013

You're not David Attenborough

Human Tornada posted:

Forgive me if this has been discussed recently, but have the Q followers come up with an explanation for (or even asked themselves why) Q would be leaking all this highly sensitive information on a public forum and thus compromising the most important operation in American history?

I suspect that 8chan is considered part of The Secretive Dark Web Where All The Hackers Live by quite a lot of Q followers: it looks ugly as sin (even by the high standards of these very forums), it's full of slang/in-jokes, it hosts gross/subversive/incomprehensible content, everyone who posts there is supposedly anonymous, and Google generally ignores it (for repeatedly hosting CP and being generally repugnant). The fact that anyone who wants to can read/post on 8chan, any time the masochistic spirit moves them, is overlooked.

The spirit rarely did move most Q enthusiasts, but this is changing since reddit shut its Q boards down, and the Qanon rank-and-file are spilling into 8chan (and voat). Which leads to helpful posting guides like this:

In which we learn that the child-eating cabal is known to be actively monitoring /qresearch/, that Q himself posts to. It makes no sense, except in a religious way: the Devil, like God, can see everything you do, but can be defied by the pure of heart just like Jesus defied Satan on the mountaintop.

There's a pageful more of this handy advice at neonrevolt, a paytriot site run by a guy selling Q merchandise.

jojoinnit posted:

So does Q actually interact and respond to his followers? I was under the impression he just dropped cryptic posts and then let everyone scramble to interpret them.

This used to be the case, but whoever is currently running Q now interacts with and responds to/endorses posters on 8chan (and even individual followers' Twitter posts of them wearing Q t-shirts) all the time. They also endorsed one particular voat board. They use far less cod intel-speak...and since the day that someone was curious enough to analyse their sekrit codes and show them to be the result of mashing the keyboard, they have stopped posting pseudo-encrypted characterjumble pretty much entirely: https://qposts.online.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

McGlockenshire posted:

Today, the Qult asks itself a question.

Lmao that AI this crazy is describing is literally that super AI from the Person of Interest TV show

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

I saw a Q shirt in the wild today, deep in Queens, worn by a 30-something hispanic woman in a majority immigrant neighborhood. She is not who I thought would be buying into this crap, and I can't really understand why she would?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

McGlockenshire posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWIkqEnVG8I

Also, "This is MUCH BIGGER than even AUTISTS can imagine, (MUCH BIGGER"

That's an actually Q quote? Holy poo poo someone is having fun with this.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
So late night, Trump made an angry tweet about the accusations made about Kavanaugh, only he autocomplete-typoed the word "accusation" into "acquisition."

This typo has gotten the attention of the qultists? Why? Well...

Apparently the numbered usernames are a per-sub thing on Voat for anonymity.

McGlockenshire fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Sep 25, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
In that giant post of insanity, did the Qult say that Jade Helm was practice for rounding up all the Hillary cultists?

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Yes, by an AI supercomputer that precogs all the bad guys so we don’t have to follow them around. Just arrest 50,000 people where the AI says they will be next year.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

McGlockenshire posted:

50,000 people lmao

These idiots think Donald Trump is some kind of mega political genius with the ability and control to round up 50,000 people in military tribunals.

The same Trump that got laughed at by the UN for looking like a loving moron, as always.

These people have some good drugs to be this loving crazy.

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Sep 25, 2018

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Lmao that AI this crazy is describing is literally that super AI from the Person of Interest TV show

I recently saw a talk that was put up on youtube by some skeptics group where the speaker goes into some detail to demonstrate how practically every common science fiction urban legend from the last 100 years is an almost literal reproduction of some contemporary pop culture, especially film. The modern Lock Ness Monster stuff came out right around the time King Kong (with its famous stop motion dinosaurs) got big, the Chupacabra has a remarkable resemblance to the alien from Species, the first reports of flying saucers were preceded by numerous sci fi magazine covers featuring disc and saucer shaped alien vessels, the Reptilian theory is a very close recreation of the plotline from the 1980s miniseries V, ancient astronaut theory is lifted almost wholesale from the writings of Lovecraft, etc.

I think anyone with a passing familiarity with science fiction can intuit most of that already but it was pretty striking seeing the speaker lay out case by case where some prominent supernatural urban legend would invariably have gotten started within months or a year of some very similar sci fi movie having been released. And if we just take the basic insight and think about it in the context of films about government conspiracies and surveillance then it's totally unsurprising that contemporary conspiracy theories like Qannon end up reproducing the plot-lines of popular television.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I believed that John Podesta and Hillary Clinton were raping children in the basement of a pizza parlor with no basement and plotting it over email with secretive pizza-themed codewords, but until now I always thought you guys were nuts!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

50,000 people lmao

These idiots think Donald Trump is some kind of mega political genius with the ability and control to round up 50,000 people in military tribunals.

The same Trump that got laughed at by the UN for looking like a loving moron, as always.

Obviously the reason he got laughed at by the UN is because the UN are all evil demonic globalists and, much like Satan, they think they're winning even though fate has decreed that they will lose

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Helsing posted:

I recently saw a talk that was put up on youtube by some skeptics group where the speaker goes into some detail to demonstrate how practically every common science fiction urban legend from the last 100 years is an almost literal reproduction of some contemporary pop culture, especially film. The modern Lock Ness Monster stuff came out right around the time King Kong (with its famous stop motion dinosaurs) got big, the Chupacabra has a remarkable resemblance to the alien from Species, the first reports of flying saucers were preceded by numerous sci fi magazine covers featuring disc and saucer shaped alien vessels, the Reptilian theory is a very close recreation of the plotline from the 1980s miniseries V, ancient astronaut theory is lifted almost wholesale from the writings of Lovecraft, etc.

I think anyone with a passing familiarity with science fiction can intuit most of that already but it was pretty striking seeing the speaker lay out case by case where some prominent supernatural urban legend would invariably have gotten started within months or a year of some very similar sci fi movie having been released. And if we just take the basic insight and think about it in the context of films about government conspiracies and surveillance then it's totally unsurprising that contemporary conspiracy theories like Qannon end up reproducing the plot-lines of popular television.

The flying saucer shape originates with various independent reports by random people that came into pulp magazines in the 1930s, the magazines then duly illustrated those things described to them. Then people would pick up the magazine, see a crazy illustration of a flying saucer in the magazine or maybe on the cover, and then later describe their sighting of some poo poo in the sky as looking like that.

And then also that Kenneth Arnold guy who saw a UFO while flying his plane in the 40s described what he saw as moving like a saucer as in the actual item of dishware, but not as looking like one. Still the existing illustration style quickly led to people thinking he'd "confirmed" flying saucer designs and it really blew up as a shape for them from there.

Also V lifted the reptilian invasion design from already existing "reptile aliens are in control" stuff. And so on.

It's not the movements come out of the big scifi things at the start, it's that the big scifi things pick up on some poo poo the wackos and the people just writing some neat fiction are on, and THEN the exposure of a popular thing makes the stuff look "real" to a wider audience to buy in.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

fishmech posted:

The flying saucer shape originates with various independent reports by random people that came into pulp magazines in the 1930s, the magazines then duly illustrated those things described to them. Then people would pick up the magazine, see a crazy illustration of a flying saucer in the magazine or maybe on the cover, and then later describe their sighting of some poo poo in the sky as looking like that.

And then also that Kenneth Arnold guy who saw a UFO while flying his plane in the 40s described what he saw as moving like a saucer as in the actual item of dishware, but not as looking like one. Still the existing illustration style quickly led to people thinking he'd "confirmed" flying saucer designs and it really blew up as a shape for them from there.

Also V lifted the reptilian invasion design from already existing "reptile aliens are in control" stuff. And so on.

It's not the movements come out of the big scifi things at the start, it's that the big scifi things pick up on some poo poo the wackos and the people just writing some neat fiction are on, and THEN the exposure of a popular thing makes the stuff look "real" to a wider audience to buy in.

Sure, the ideas or images are often bouncing around in the social ether for decades or even centuries beforehand - it's almost a cliche now to point out the similarities between modern alien abduction accounts and old stories about encountering faeries - but the upshot is that typically these urban legends are very directly shaped by trends in popular culture, especially cinema and TV. However they originate and whatever precedents they have, the vector through which they reach mass consciousness is usually popular media, and as you noted that creates a feedback loop so that once a concept like "UFOs" has been established people start to see them everywhere.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

TulliusCicero posted:

50,000 people lmao

The best part is their belief that he's doing that "joke's on you I was only pretending to be retarded" thing.

Like, implicit in their belief is that he IS behaving like a retard lol.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Helsing posted:

It’s also a reciprocal relationship to some degree, insofar as tv and movies pick up on the same cultural trends and anxieties that drive the conspiracy lore. 70s movies and tv are full of mysterious abductions and bodily violations of unconscious or semiconscious subjects (Futurewold, for instance, or Rosemary’s Baby), and also full of powerful secret cabals who do nefarious things. Relatively few dramatize alien abductions directly, but the paranoia is there and the emotional tenor is there. And it was in real life too.

And then there are movies that take from the weird culture that’s already there, like the greys in Close Encounters, which then drives the formation of future weird culture.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

To me 8chan is the most fascinating/baffling/confusing/amazing part of all this, really. The heart of the conspiracy is a website so full of pedophiles that even 4chan coulnd't tolerate them. It's like a group of Neo-Nazis basing themselves in an active Synagogue.

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

The best part is their belief that he's doing that "joke's on you I was only pretending to be retarded" thing.

Like, implicit in their belief is that he IS behaving like a retard lol.

Yeah, I really liked that bit.

Qanon on Voat posted:

I still thought he was a narcissist, but he's not. Narcissists don't intentionally subject themselves to ridicule

So the Qlogical leap from there is that he's doing it all on purpose. Not that you can be a narcissist and unintentionally subject yourself to ridicule on a near hourly basis.

I suppose there is some psychological reason and a whole lot of timing involved in it, but it's interesting they have latched onto Trump, an incompetent boob who is the least likely person to be conducting 11D Machiavellian schemes rather than say a Dick Cheney type who you would easily believe was up to something.

Well that and all the open racism.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

To me 8chan is the most fascinating/baffling/confusing/amazing part of all this, really. The heart of the conspiracy is a website so full of pedophiles that even 4chan coulnd't tolerate them. It's like a group of Neo-Nazis basing themselves in an active Synagogue.

That is just a test! :downs:

Watching boomer evangelicals tie themselves in mental pretzel knots about 8chan and voat might be the most entertaining part of all this. :allears:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Just like in the 80s when these boomer jims were young, they don’t care about actual pedophiles but only pedophiles who represent the platonic ideal of what they engage in spiritual warfare against without having to actually do anything. The satanic panic didn’t give a poo poo about real pedophiles either: they considered kids getting raped by family or their coach or whoever (real pedophilia) trivial in comparison to satan-controlled mass pedophilia used to weaken the power of god through arcane rituals.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

business hammocks posted:

Just like in the 80s when these boomer jims were young, they don’t care about actual pedophiles but only pedophiles who represent the platonic ideal of what they engage in spiritual warfare against without having to actually do anything. The satanic panic didn’t give a poo poo about real pedophiles either: they considered kids getting raped by family or their coach or whoever (real pedophilia) trivial in comparison to satan-controlled mass pedophilia used to weaken the power of god through arcane rituals.

I know they don't actually care about pedophilia, but like in the 80s I don't recall the Satanic Panic folks rallying around NAMBLA or something. Like there's a difference between turning a blind eye to wrong-doing when it's done by your team, and actively basing your movement in a den of inequity of the exact sort of evil you are ostensibly fighting.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I know they don't actually care about pedophilia, but like in the 80s I don't recall the Satanic Panic folks rallying around NAMBLA or something. Like there's a difference between turning a blind eye to wrong-doing when it's done by your team, and actively basing your movement in a den of inequity of the exact sort of evil you are ostensibly fighting.

That is a really good point. It’s about on-par with thinking Trump is smart in terms of denying reality.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Is q still a thing? I found another source for let the dead bury their dead, a maze of stars by John brunner. It comes toward the end of sort of stream of consiousness thing where some floating alien things are explaining what happened to a human colony by using emotions

quote:

It began with a frustrating sense of enthusiasm declining into weariness bordering occasionally on despair. There were no words, but a dreamlike sense of mood and bodily state. Sometimes they must have tried to enact what they were feeling, for when they woke—or rather, came to themselves again—they were bruised and scratched, but at the time they felt no pain save what was (?) conveyed or (?) communicated to them.
Hopes high as trees, as hilltops, rumbled into landslide, avalanche.
There was constriction: being shut away, by order, from beautiful surroundings, as in a cage, but it had no bars, only rules, limitations, close to instinct.
There was boredom: endlessly the same acts undertaken with no progress discernible from one day to the next.
Eventually there was frank envy: others (different) suffered no such limitations.
And then came a great discovery, like clouds being swept back from a darkling sky to reveal the glory of dawn. At the same time occurred awareness of (?) puzzlement and (?) mockery: disbelief that reasonable creatures should submit to such restrictions.

Beyond that: freedom. Liberty. Lack of care. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof (except there were still no words). Let the dead bury their dead. Tomorrow may take care of itself.

A terrible temptation bloomed, beautiful and deadly as the unfolding petals of a nuclear explosion.
And, like that explosion, nothing could withstand it.
A fear so great it was ecstatic; a dread so monstrous it conveyed a taste of paradise …
Something heavy, dragging like fetters, willingly discarded in exchange for an eternal dazzling present.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

quote:

One day Jesus invited a man to follow Him and become His disciple—but the man refused. He said he would follow Jesus later, but first he wanted to go bury his father. Jesus responded, “Follow me, and let the dead bury their own dead” (Matthew 8:22).

Don't worry about looking after your family, you're just trying to avoid spiritual enlightenment. Come with me.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Sep 26, 2018

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

TulliusCicero posted:

50,000 people lmao

And doing so secretly. Except it's not a secret because Q revealed it. But the global hyper-competent cabal of pedophile satan worshippers will somehow not find out about Q, they don't use the internet. That's why they are heros for posting.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Ague Proof posted:

Don't worry about looking after your family, you're just trying to avoid spiritual enlightenment. Come with me.

"Let the dead bury their dead" is pretty loving :black101: for the Son of God.

Jesus is pretty loving metal

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

McGlockenshire posted:

I love how the entire screed on personal action and personal responsibility is undermined by the last line.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
"Let the dead bury the dead, they will come out in droves."

Is the most metal thing Mumford and sons has ever sang.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

pseudanonymous posted:

And doing so secretly. Except it's not a secret because Q revealed it. But the global hyper-competent cabal of pedophile satan worshippers will somehow not find out about Q, they don't use the internet. That's why they are heros for posting.

Except as a post above indicated the cabal is watching everything they do and trying to spy on anyone that provides any personal info while reading all of the posts and trying to insert malware on everyone's machines.

That's the point for me where I'd just throw up my hands and give up arguing about it with someone. This is all being done in secret and Q is trying to clue in True Patriots into The Plan so they can lay the groundwork, but the Deep State is watching everything that is posted and trying to attack Qultist hardware and spy on the Researchers while somehow remaining ignorant enough of The Plan that Q can continue to offer Totally Real warnings and information about how They are being countered.

Hey what if that's why the predictions keep getting missed! Maybe Q is a double agent and by leaking all this juicy info he's actually undermining the whole effort?! What if the Qtards are the real useful idiots and patsies by interpreting all this and making it public?

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

... while somehow remaining ignorant enough of The Plan that Q can continue to offer Totally Real warnings and information about how They are being countered.

Except you see that Q only posts anonymously and so anyone could be pretending to be Q and only the weaponized autists of CP/Neo-Nazi boards (also posting anonymously and could be anyone) are the only ones who can determine what is a real Q post and what the true revealed meaning is... Much like the bible, even though written by humans, is infallible because it's the bible.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Murgos posted:

Except you see that Q only posts anonymously and so anyone could be pretending to be Q and only the weaponized autists of CP/Neo-Nazi boards (also posting anonymously and could be anyone) are the only ones who can determine what is a real Q post and what the true revealed meaning is... Much like the bible, even though written by humans, is infallible because it's the bible.

....which they then post on public message boards for all to see.

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Except as a post above indicated the cabal is watching everything they do and trying to spy on anyone that provides any personal info while reading all of the posts and trying to insert malware on everyone's machines.

That's the point for me where I'd just throw up my hands and give up arguing about it with someone. This is all being done in secret and Q is trying to clue in True Patriots into The Plan so they can lay the groundwork, but the Deep State is watching everything that is posted and trying to attack Qultist hardware and spy on the Researchers while somehow remaining ignorant enough of The Plan that Q can continue to offer Totally Real warnings and information about how They are being countered.

Hey what if that's why the predictions keep getting missed! Maybe Q is a double agent and by leaking all this juicy info he's actually undermining the whole effort?! What if the Qtards are the real useful idiots and patsies by interpreting all this and making it public?

This made more sense at the begining, when Q was just a leaker. Not an agent of The Storm, just a guy who had heard about it and was posting for Internet Glory. He was criptic to avoid losing his job, and the leaks were just about how Trump knew what he was doing and the poo poo the alt-right already claimed was true.

But their need to make everything about themselves meant they had to be the heroes and Q the super secret agent, and the leaks escalated into the greatest global conspiracy ever imagined, with their subforum the key of it all.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

You forgot that the Illuminati were using loving xbox live messages to communicate apparently :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.thedailybeast.com/qanon-fan-arrested-for-threatening-massacre-at-youtube-headquarters