Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
huawei have a cool logo. shame about anroid and stealing cisco stuff (allegedly?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

the same was claimed about ericsson base stations for a long time, but really near as i can tell they just hired all the people who actually designed the ericsson base stations, which is entirely fair game

would be unsurprised if that wasn't at the core of the cisco stuff too

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

huawei have a cool logo. shame about anroid and stealing cisco stuff (allegedly?)

what's shameful about stealing from Cisco

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

President Beep posted:

a lot of people choose android because they care very much about who made their device/OS. "enjoy your walled garden appleailures :smugdroid:" is a cliche for a reason.

there are almost none of those people in the larger scheme of things, you just happen to know a bunch of them

same thing with the strawman hipster apple fan, these companies sell tens of millions of phones

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

indigi posted:

what's shameful about stealing from Cisco

they are a chinese company. there is no shortage of brilliant chinese engineers hungry to show their skill. it’s such a shame they copied loving cisco.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

qirex posted:

there are almost none of those people in the larger scheme of things, you just happen to know a bunch of them

same thing with the strawman hipster apple fan, these companies sell tens of millions of phones

tbf they are often also really funny, and this is rather the thread for seeking them out

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

qirex posted:

"person has irrational love or hatred of a computer company" yes this is a very uncommon opinion that only turbonerds have

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sniep posted:

huawei though is confirmed for doing this poo poo, they literally are a spy agency of the chinese government

im not doing anything wrong so i dont care :smug:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

they are a chinese company. there is no shortage of brilliant chinese engineers hungry to show their skill. it’s such a shame they copied loving cisco.

there are also millions of Chinese corporate spies hungry to demonstrate their espionage skills

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I only buy Sony phones because they are made of powerful hanzo steel and are very kawaii

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Sagebrush posted:

I only buy Sony phones because they are made of powerful hanzo steel and are very kawaii

thought this was a president beep post for a second. not as funny when you realize op is being serious

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

graph posted:

im not doing anything wrong so i dont care :smug:

everyone says that right before the secret police show up at their door

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

The Management posted:

thought this was a president beep post for a second. not as funny when you realize op is being serious

nice av

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

The Management posted:

thought this was a president beep post for a second.

same. that was really uncanny, sagebrush. :stare:

The_Franz posted:

everyone says that right before the secret police show up at their door

av/post combo.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
oh, i've got nothing to worry about! i'm sure i can explain this all to the police back at the station! *disappears into lubyanka forever*

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

android really is bad, but just make sure you get a phone on android one and it is bad in more funny than despair-inducing ways (i.e. the security update policy is weak but exists on one)

i really hope a third alternative does surface at some point

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

ubuntu phone kick starter iyo? :iamunfunny:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
huh, it's gone

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

:tipshat: somebody loves me

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

android really is bad, but just make sure you get a phone on android one and it is bad in more funny than despair-inducing ways (i.e. the security update policy is weak but exists on one)

I'm skeptical we're going to get a better marketplace for high end electronics products unless a bunch of rich countries start actually enforcing antitrust law

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

lol

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

:lol:

LifeSunDeath posted:

Yankee Doodle was a dis-track, that's why this recipe is shite.

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Android and Android devices are fuckin trash

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

1770s teenagers: check out my ironic hat feather. it's so lame lol i love it

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

macaroni militia krew 4lyfe

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Sagebrush posted:

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

TWO CLOCKS SHOWING DIFFERENT TIMES

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

~Coxy posted:

TWO CLOCKS SHOWING DIFFERENT TIMES

yes, this is the android thread

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

The Management posted:

yes, this is the android thread

:vince:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

:thejoke:!!

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

qirex posted:

yup most people dont do research before buying things. they buy a phone by going to the phone store and saying i want a phone

then the salesperson just sells them whatever model has the greatest kickbacks (either for them or their manager/company)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
but the guy at the phone store said this was the best phone on the market!

he wouldn't lie to me

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

infernal machines posted:

but the guy at the phone store said this was the best phone on the market!

he wouldn't lie to me

you can always trust a man in a polo shirt.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
sometimes when I switch into chrome it will show the last tab I closed for a split second

in this instance, i clicked a link in cspam the other day and it brought up a picture of captain falcon and mario (?) doing things with yoshi. I went "lol gross" and closed it. Nonetheless, it flashed on screen for a second when I switched to it this morning. glad I didn't hand my phone to someone to use!

"oh it's just a prank bro! someone on cspam ironically posted that Yoshi spitroast and I just checked it out for giggles"

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

source your quo... actually never mind

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I just discovered that you can double tap the task switcher button to cycle back and forth between your two last apps, like pressing alt-tab, instead of pressing the task switcher and then tapping the one you want. This is going to change my life. Android you absolute madman

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

yeah, that changed a version or two back. the old way worked so that two successive taps brought back the same app you were just in. the new version is nicer imo

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
e: oops, wrong thread

Lysidas fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Sep 29, 2018

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I have considered checking out ubuntu phone or mobile or whatever it’s called how sad am I going to be afterwards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
try ios op