Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Ibblebibble posted:

Also, only 91 attacks over the course of the fight :psyduck:

100% bet he ran out of TP using Enpi so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Saigyouji posted:

Only by technicality.

Rise of the White Raven is, in fact, actual Latin, though.

They've gone back and added actual lyrics for the orchestral arrangement of ultima.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Wind Tackle, Riddle of Fire and to a lesser extent Brotherhood pretty massively change how Monk plays.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I always feel really smart when I correctly use riddle of earth, most of the time its to fix something that I've already hosed up but still.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
RoE is 100% necessary to keeping those sweet, sweet stacks up.

Wind Tackle is kind of a wet fart... it's nice for when I'm running dungeons and don't want to pop Perfect Balance and can just manage with GL2 for the 4 total GCDs to get up to GL3. RoF + Brotherhood is oGCD mash central (including Diversion because lol) and farting out the big numbers.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Was looking for videos of ultima weapon fight based on earlier posts just because i wanted to hear the music again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csDO9seFLdM

NO DAMAGE SPELLS ON THEIR HOTBARS I feel so triggered right now

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

orange juche posted:

Was looking for videos of ultima weapon fight based on earlier posts just because i wanted to hear the music again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csDO9seFLdM

NO DAMAGE SPELLS ON THEIR HOTBARS I feel so triggered right now

Yet they had Cleric Stance on the bar.

Their worst crime was spam healing the tank when he was practically full on hp, though.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
new canals is cool and good and they kicked the trolling up quite a bit

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

Thundarr posted:

Zenos has other reasons for why he's so swole that get covered later in the story, but the "oh yeah he's level 70" is still a funny meta joke.

I was level 70 by then! It wasn't Zenos who won that day, it was the level sync. :argh:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

By the way, is the scene where Zenos cuts you down different based on class? Seems weird if I were playing as Scholar or something for his sword to break after attacking me (whereas it makes sense as the Samurai I was playing, or another melee class).

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
The small story they tell with the Zenos mechanics is kinda fun with Concentrivity specifically affecting you less and less, starting from immediately putting you down for the count to ending up as just a large aoe.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

You know, I just thought of something.

(Stormblood spoilers and such from 4.0 - 4.4)

Fordola was able to match the Warrior of Light with one Resonant eye. Zenos had two, which he never used until he fused with Shinryu; anime logic suggests his version would be stronger since he has it in two eyes. If Zenos had the Resonant on the whole time, how hard to beat would he have been? Is this why Elidibus is convinced he can kill the Warrior of Light? :tinfoil:

Resonance is just bootleg echo, and the high ranking Ascians are all hyped on super echo as it is anyway. Zenos with the full resonance just managed to match some of the other powers we've seen the Ascians use already. The only reason we have even killed any major Ascians at all was because they were idiots, Elidibus is both from our shard, which apparently matters, and has been around long enough to not rush into things. He probably doesn't even need Zenos's body to gently caress us up, we just haven't been a threat to his plan until now.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

homeless snail posted:

Jamming on the chakra button is the most fun part about playing monk though, so brotherhood is incredibly good

activating brotherhood and repeatedly slamming out forbidden chakras as they keep lighting up rules

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Anything that makes Monk go slower is dumb so riddle of fire is dumb and I hope they delete it in the next expansion.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Sex is good, but have you ever played monk with GL3 and 150% power Arrow?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

oh no blimp issue posted:

Sex is good, but have you ever played monk with GL3 and 150% power Arrow?

Isn't there a minimum GCD limit that I'm sure that brushes up against, or an animation lock?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

You clip like hell, but you touch the face of God at those speeds.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Ytlaya posted:

By the way, is the scene where Zenos cuts you down different based on class? Seems weird if I were playing as Scholar or something for his sword to break after attacking me (whereas it makes sense as the Samurai I was playing, or another melee class).

I don't think so, but afterwards if you're on a healing job Krile will berate you for your cutscene paralysis while they're taking care of the wounded.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Kanfy posted:

I don't think so, but afterwards if you're on a healing job Krile will berate you for your cutscene paralysis while they're taking care of the wounded.

I think that happens as long as you have any Healing job leveled enough, since I got that while playing as DRG.

The Ninja chick was also messing with me for having Ninja leveled, but not selected at one point in Stormblood.

Groggy nard fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Sep 27, 2018

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Vermain posted:

In cases like that, I just assume it's someone's kid sibling or their young child getting a turn at the controls. People who are actively playing poorly by themselves are completely unexceptional in their underperformance.

This is my favorite parse of all time:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3823905&pagenumber=788&perpage=40#post481057014

I hope it has that kind of explanation behind it because it's just...so wrong.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
No dot and that is a whole lot of blizzard III & IV

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Vermain posted:

Koji's story about Metal is that he invented all of the lyrics while fighting to stay awake on the very last train home from the central office every night when they were pulling 80+ hour workweeks to finish up HW. I believe him.

This is partially true but you've got the song mixed up. Koji went into this about... 3 year ago? There was a panel at PAX West that he and Soken attended (Soken did Metal live right there in the room it was pretty great) where he went into the whole thing.

The whole sad story goes like this:

Koji had to write lyrics for the new songs in HW. He started work on song lyrics for Bismarck and Ravana (in the process he invented a gnathic language for Ravana in one day).

But hang on, you say, there's no gnathic language in Ravana's song and Bismarck doesn't have lyrics! This is because after finishing the lyrics in later discussion they decided the songs weren't really working for the primals so Soken came up with NEW songs for the primals and the older ones became Locus (from Bismarck) and Metal (from Ravana) respectively.

So Koji has to scrap all the previous lyrical work because what works for a giant sky whale maybe doesn't work for goblins inside a giant robot and fast-track new lyrics for both songs. This is why Metal leans heavy into gobbiespeak and a lot of Locus is a bit, uh, eccentric? Koji put the line "72323 Send" up on a powerpoint and said "this doesn't actually mean anything" and everyone laughed.

The other really good piece of random trivia from that panel is the guy doing the incredibly deep voice for Ravana's lyrics was just some dude working at SE that Soken overheard and immediately felt needed to do the backing lyrics. No singing training or anything, they just brought him in, he belted it out, and Soken used autotune to make it work. Soken is pretty great.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Hommando posted:

No dot and that is a whole lot of blizzard III & IV

Look closer

There's not a single fire1 or fire 3. All of those Fire 4s were done with a single tick of Astral Fire after transpose.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Renegret posted:

Look closer

There's not a single fire1 or fire 3.

:froggonk:

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Renegret posted:

Look closer

There's not a single fire1 or fire 3. All of those Fire 4s were done with a single tick of Astral Fire after transpose.

No downtime while you wait for mana regen

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Umm, fire 4 is higher than fire 3. Why wouldn't you use the higher one?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

^^^ :argh:

"Fire 4 is the best one! Why would I use the others? :v:"

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Question for housing nerds:

How long does the NPC keep your furniture stored after the auto-demolition?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Wacky Delly posted:

Umm, fire 4 is higher than fire 3. Why wouldn't you use the higher one?

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I've called yoship and asked him to delete Viera from 5.0 to make room for a mandatory SSS challenge, you can't queue for anything max level until you beat it on a per dps class basis.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
A fair trade imho.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

The newbie guild hall is a good idea but I really feel like they should add a section to explain basic rotations for your job when you hit 50/60/70. Hell even just a big READ YOUR GODDAMN TOOLTIPS message every now and then wouldn't hurt.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

quote:

Thunder 4

quote:

Blizzard 1

quote:

loving DRAIN

:froggonk:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

The newbie guild hall is a good idea but I really feel like they should add a section to explain basic rotations for your job when you hit 50/60/70. Hell even just a big READ YOUR GODDAMN TOOLTIPS message every now and then wouldn't hurt.

Aggressively agreed

I like to think that I'm not completely incompetent but for a long while after I got enochian I was treating it like a bossfight-only tool as opposed to a "if this drops at any point in an instance you're a failure as a BLM" tool and still spamming F1/F2 for trash

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

They do that to a limited extent with some of the earlier class quests, but you're mostly on your own by level 20 or so. I think it's preferable to let people figure things out on their own, but I've seen enough downright weird rotations to make me fine with more aggressive handholding.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

orange juche posted:

Can you let me know what the items are? I need the list... for research purposes, especially with winter coming up :3:

Sure! I'm wearing the Classic Spectacles, Adventuring Sweater, Taoist's Slops, and High House Halfboots, and my husbandelf is wearing the Artisan's Spectacles, Ramie Poncho, and Tantalus Breeches. I don't recognize his boots off the top of my head, I'm afraid.

And yeah, I wish there was at least some intro to playing jobs at 70. I actually have no idea how half of my jobs work, don't tell anyone though. :ssh:

Also, with Suzaku EX, I've had people calling the fight in Discord and it's still a nightmare. It's just a weird painful fight, by the time I can process anything I've either been blown into the abyss or nuked by Simon Says. I actually wonder if using Reshade to turn the effects and colors down might help, because I haven't had nearly this much trouble with anything else in the game, including stuff like Trines and Antilight.

Solo Wing Pixy fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Sep 27, 2018

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

It's not like they can use electroshock through your keyboard if you insist on doing things in a weird way. A more specific primer on job rotations at 50 / 60 / 70 would benefit new players who want to play better, and the people who don't care wouldn't have paid attention to it anyway.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Each mistaken keypress or mouse click takes one day off your subscription.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Seven Samurai
In Alliance Raid, with no
Hygienebananas

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
More music trivia; apparently the same goes for Shiva lyrics, Soken found a random employee who could sing like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

HenryEx posted:

Question for housing nerds:

How long does the NPC keep your furniture stored after the auto-demolition?

60 days iirc