Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

No waver needed :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
All it takes is like, what, 2 MLB Kaledioscopes?

I guess only 1 MLB and 1 non-MLB if you use the Mage's Association Uniform.

And I guess 0 MLB and 1 non-MLB if you use a support with a MLB.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Edit: the waver is there just for the bond points

Sefal fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Sep 27, 2018

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Tired Moritz posted:

how do you guys use spartacus for amber grinding without him blowing the gently caress up

Between Waver’s attack buff, his own buster buff, and s good CE (Sumo, Lewd Iri) he can blow up either of the first two waves reliably and with A.Blonde’s (which I’m leveling up) buster buff he can do the third instead.

Basically you use him in a farming setup where the enemy dies immediately.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

guys.
Not all of us have Waver or want to constantly use him as support.

When it comes to farming fast and reliably, you use Waver. :shrug: Especially if you have not a single Kscope like me.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

NRVNQSR posted:

I think I'd actually say Tamamo? The problem with Helena is that people will always have a Waver friend available who'll just do the same things better. At least Tamamo does something different, even if that different thing is nearly useless for farming outside of Surfer teams.
Yeah, but like you said, Tamamo is more for events and boss fights I feel. I dont have a Waver so maybe my Helena will get some love with a Bond CE?

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Bond ce is what i choose to pick for farming, Waver or no.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Don't forget the Lalter CE from Journey to the West gives 15% buster boost to the party.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Im looking for pals, I have 6 slots

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

NRVNQSR posted:

I think I'd actually say Tamamo? The problem with Helena is that people will always have a Waver friend available who'll just do the same things better. At least Tamamo does something different, even if that different thing is nearly useless for farming outside of Surfer teams.

The main strength of Helena over Tamamo and Waver for general farming is having an actual damaging NP to clear wave 1, assuming you wanted to go for minimum turn counts. While the NP itself is pretty potato, it's usually good enough for W1. This assumes you have the luxury of throwing on a non-MLB kscope as an equip though.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Whenever I farm chains or lanterns I usually take Helena because yeah a damaging AoE NP along with her 20% NP charge for the team is immensely useful.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

UchihaHirou posted:

The main strength of Helena over Tamamo and Waver for general farming is having an actual damaging NP to clear wave 1, assuming you wanted to go for minimum turn counts. While the NP itself is pretty potato, it's usually good enough for W1. This assumes you have the luxury of throwing on a non-MLB kscope as an equip though.

Helena's NP is pretty good if you take an Ozzy.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Before I bond 10'd Spartacus and Helena, my generic 3t hands team was Spartacus/Imaginary Numbers, Helena/Kaleido, Erik/Imaginary Numbers, using the Mage Association MC. Admittedly, this only really works because my Helena is NP3 otherwise she'd be unreliable at wiping Rider hands, but if you have the right CEs it's not too hard to come up with hands farming teams, especially once you throw Waver and the plugsuit into the mix.

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

El Burbo posted:

Im looking for pals, I have 6 slots

Sent, look for Cadriel in the requests.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

UchihaHirou posted:

Oh, absolutely; your own Helena is great, but your friend's Helena has Chaldea Lunchtime.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Honestly from a FP perspective it's not going to matter, any FP differences between having Tamamo or Helena up compared to Waver (and eventually Merlin) is going to be so in the noise it would be imperceptible .

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

We have another lottery in a couple months, FP should not be a factor for at least until the middle of next year.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I went from 200k FP to 800k during this lottery so I have enough for at least a few more months.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Note to my dumbass self: you can have multiple support setups saved, you don't have to try to remember who goes where and with what after every event

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

a kitten posted:

Note to my dumbass self: you can have multiple support setups saved, you don't have to try to remember who goes where and with what after every event
Something that took me way too long to figure out: for both party and support setup pages, you can just click on the little orb on the top of the screen and it will instantly jump over to that slot.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Malachite_Dragon posted:

guys.

support waver is like one of the easiest options for 3 turn embers, especially for me

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

Decided to clean out things on my friend list and I've got 10 spots open. Friend code is 218,935,371 and I'm Xain in game. Got a Max Bond CE Herc and a 6/10/10 Waver.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Farming trash waves is exactly what Helena was designed to do. AFAIK She’s the only servant out there who has a 20% NP charge and an AoE damage NP. Her 3 turn card buff even helps the other members reliably clear their turns.

Her only downsides are that you need to max her NP skill to get to 20%, and that her own NP is weak enough she can sometimes have difficulty killing embers if she doesn’t get her skill 2 buff.

I love Tamamo, but she brings basically nothing to the table for waveclear farming, where the focus is on how to end things in three turns, ideally while using short NPs and as few skills as possible, while keeping as much space open for other servants and CEs as possible.

To that end it basically all depends on doing the math for how many Kaleidoscopes/Imaginary elements/etc you have and how many servants you have with AoE NPs and an NP charge of at least 20%. For embers you ideally want to use Berserkers so they have advantage on every class. Spartacus’s skill 2 eventually gets an NP charge through a strengthening quest, which I think makes him the only AoE berserker to do so. The other berserkers all need a mana battery like waver.

Back when I only had one kaleidoscope I had to use an arts based party to make sure everyone had enough NP. It worked okay, but was prone to having accidents if you got bad cards.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

guys.

Sadly, NP batteries are just that important for farming.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Sparda's second skill is already an NP charge.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Smh if you don't beat enemies to death individually with Cuzilla forever.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

a kitten posted:

The headaches saved after I learned this earlier this year. Lord.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NRVNQSR posted:

Helena has an offensive NP, so she's better in some ways for farming.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Gologle posted:

Sparda's second skill is already an NP charge.

Whoops, you're right, guess I was misremembering.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Bakanogami posted:

Whoops, you're right, guess I was misremembering.
He does have two Strengthenings right now. The first improves the regen on his first skill, and the second gives his third skill which is a Buster Up (which helps his farming for obvious reasons). He eventually will get a third Strengthening, to boost his NP damage. What we have now is not even the final form of Spartacus (as opposed to Arash who has been in full power mode since his Camelot Interlude).

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I opened 30 boxes and am not even close to running out of ember targets. Maybe I just haven't been farming as effectively as some of y'all since release day, but I already want another lottery!

KoldPT fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Sep 27, 2018

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
So eventually, down the line, how many Strengthenings do Saber Gilles and Boudica need to be good silver Servants?

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Gologle posted:

So eventually, down the line, how many Strengthenings do Saber Gilles and Boudica need to be good silver Servants?

I think Gilles could be turned into a good support if his third skill and NP were changed to benefit the party instead of just himself. Their effects are quite powerful, it's just that he hogs them all to himself and then doesn't have an offensive NP or crit skill or anything to use them with.

Boudica needs another good effect to make her useless skill 1 usable at a minimum. Maybe put some crit damage up on it, since as a rider she already sucks up the crit stars from the rest of the team. The rest of her kit isn't bad so much as lackluster compared to similar servants like Mashu. Maybe give her NP a heal, and maybe a debuff cleanse there or on her skill 3? That might make her too similar to Martha, though.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Gologle posted:

Gilles would instantly be viable if Saint War Order affected the whole party like it should. 100% attack up for 2 turns is pretty powerful. Replace Military Tactics with another party-wide buff and you've suddenly got a pretty good support Saber.

Boudica is almost there after her two strengthenings, she just needs Oath to the Goddess replaced with something that isn't quite so utterly worthless.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Alternatively, Gilles would be super juicy if Saint War Order lasted longer. 2 turns (one of which will only get two attack cards at best) is nothing - but five turns of 100% ATK up? That you can even stack, possibly, if you have NP charge or whatever? And a 50%ish buster up? That's business right there.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I culled a dirty inactive. I got room for a Goon! Come for the MARIE, stay for the ALSO MARIE.

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

you know i logged in today with every intention of swapping my saber support to NP2 Altera for Maximum Farm Action, but with Okita in that slot i apparently got a buttload of fp??? so for now she's staying there for whoever's been using the heck out of her, i guess, and i've culled a few extra slots for anyone else who wants an add!

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Solovey posted:

you know i logged in today with every intention of swapping my saber support to NP2 Altera for Maximum Farm Action, but with Okita in that slot i apparently got a buttload of fp??? so for now she's staying there for whoever's been using the heck out of her, i guess, and i've culled a few extra slots for anyone else who wants an add!

Yeah, I dunno, people can be weird sometimes. Whenever I changed my Saber slot to Mordred with Kaleidoscope she somehow earns me less FP than Altera with Halloween Princess. I don't question it, I just give the people what they want.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Just sent requests to the both of you from Metis. My code is 517412821 but the only things to recommend me for are an almost fully levelled Ozy and Medea, whom I love.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Not everyone's farming embers. I still haven't finished Camelot.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Trihugger posted:

Yeah, I dunno, people can be weird sometimes. Whenever I changed my Saber slot to Mordred with Kaleidoscope she somehow earns me less FP than Altera with Halloween Princess. I don't question it, I just give the people what they want.

People seem to like my Lartoria. I guess they need to farm Archers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

People seem to like my Lartoria. I guess they need to farm Archers.

I pick Latoria on Lancer days because Arash is useless for farming hands outside of super long buff sequences that are longer than the actual farming.