Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Proud Christian Mom posted:

We've spent decades equating wealth and success with righteousness and morality and man it's not going to go quiet into the night

I haven't read past this yet but it's 100% this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

M_Gargantua posted:

There is no manuchin voter who’s swing issue is the kavanaugh vote

On the contrary, about a full quarter of them are:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2018/07/19/wva_poll_vote_for_kavanaugh_boosts_manchins_chances_137576.html

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

"Oh yes I completely forgot about that traumatic and life-changing violation of my person. How silly of me."

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

The Republican party behaves as if it wants power and cares to advance their constituent interests, so they're willing to lose an election here or there is they get what they want. That attitude makes them completely incomprehensible to elected dems.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Their current line of attack seems to be to say that its impossible to walk 6.2 miles?

Maybe they should tell that to the military?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Grilling her on her anxiety about flying. :smith:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

hobbesmaster posted:

Their current line of attack seems to be to say that its impossible to walk 6.2 miles?

Maybe they should tell that to the military?

noted conservative commentator Erick Erickson complained on twitter the other day that he got a blister from walking three quarters of a mile. 6.2 miles mind as well be to the loving moon for these people.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/benwikler/status/1045337445640933376

:thunk:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I toxxed for him in CSPAM last night

#basta

Also more evidence conservatives are poo poo stains (these aren't actually questions that will be asked, just what x person would ask if they were)

https://twitter.com/michaelcrowley/status/1045131991635709952?s=19

Utterly galling.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

If someone said those 2 creepsters enjoyed a good bit of rape, I would not be surprised.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

noted conservative commentator Erick Erickson complained on twitter the other day that he got a blister from walking three quarters of a mile. 6.2 miles mind as well be to the loving moon for these people.

Am I thinking of the wrong guy, or was he the one that built up a lot of his conservative bona fides on being some rugged masculine manly man? If so then just loving lol at getting a blister in a 3/4 mile walk.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Seems entirely possible.

The correct response would be to get rid of your lovely shoes that are a size too small though

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

https://mobile.twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1045337454402850816

Not able to watch live but it sounds like this thing is going as badly as the GOP feared.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I can't watch this hearing anymore, I just can't.

To even have a "necessity" to have Ford there testifying on a national stage is already unsettling enough, but I can't handle the way this is treated like an average proceeding where you have one side thanking her for appearing and then awkwardly asking her to recount her experience while the other side actually tries to loving shoot holes in her story like we're on some loving cliché JAG episode.

I can't listen to Grassley one more second.

I can't listen to Graham one more second.

I just loving can't.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

not caring here posted:

If someone said those 2 creepsters enjoyed a good bit of rape, I would not be surprised.

Apparently liberty university sent a bunch of students to support kav

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Am I thinking of the wrong guy, or was he the one that built up a lot of his conservative bona fides on being some rugged masculine manly man? If so then just loving lol at getting a blister in a 3/4 mile walk.

It was that Jeff Jacoby jackass from the Boston Globe, Chapo was making fun of his milquetoast rear end during their live shows.

Behold, male perfection:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I swear to gently caress, if I see any of those support Kavanaguh dipshits when I go for my run later, I'm gonna say some poo poo. gently caress these people.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Slim Pickens posted:

It was that Jeff Jacoby jackass from the Boston Globe, Chapo was making fun of his milquetoast rear end during their live shows.

Behold, male perfection:

Good stupid newb av

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

I thought short arms were good for benching :smith:

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Not able to watch live but it sounds like this thing is going as badly as the GOP feared.

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Any reason why? I imagine that a prosecutor would be inclined to structure things to verify the potential victim’s statement and could actually set up her questioning to provide a coherent narrative, in contrast to the barrel of poo poo the committee would spill over everything.

Heard Grassley’s intro on the way into the office, and it was terrible.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Omerta posted:

Any reason why? I imagine that a prosecutor would be inclined to structure things to verify the potential victim’s statement and could actually set up her questioning to provide a coherent narrative, in contrast to the barrel of poo poo the committee would spill over everything.

It's difficult to establish a narrative when you only have five minutes and are constantly being interrupted by dudes. Also hard to do when your whole job is to poke holes in a story and not specifically build a counter argument.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Blumenthal quoted Lindsey's paragraph on courage.

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST

Omerta posted:

I would guess people are telling Maggie that because Ford is coming across as an extremely intelligent but more importantly sympathetic and vulnerable witness.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I can't watch this hearing anymore, I just can't.

I just loving can't.

I'm not watching it, but I'm following along, silently getting more sick to my stomach as it goes on. I think it's really, really important to follow it all.

This poo poo is major history happening in real-time, as loving awful as the whole thing is for her.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/kateirby/status/1045354070658232320

:cripes:

How can you suck so goddamn bad at this

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Counter contrary: a group of constituents who need any excuse at all to voting for child internment camps and Jim Crow mk2 do not represent accurate and honest poll responses. :decorum:

theyre going to vote red regardless of if manchin votes to confirm.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

GOP! GOP! GOP!

Masters of the self-own.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Omerta posted:

I also can imagine that in a court of law, a prosecutor works by establishing some sort of legalese and making sure the jury understands that, even on technicalities, someone is guilty while if you do it in congress, you are just trying to sway public opinion while disregarding legalese.

It would probably be better to have a carny do it than a prosecutor.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I listened to a bunch of the hearing. It's lovely she has to go through this, but holy poo poo she is amazing.
I hope he isn't confirmed, but it's 2018.

Not toxxing, but 20$ to some animals if he doesn't. gently caress it. 10$ if he does. The doggos shouldn't suffer because a shitheel.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

M_Gargantua posted:

Counter contrary: a group of constituents who need any excuse at all to voting for child internment camps and Jim Crow mk2 do not represent accurate and honest poll responses. :decorum:

theyre going to vote red regardless of if manchin votes to confirm.

i mean, sure, that's possible i guess.

but I'm going to trust what people say they're going to do over what you say they're going to do. It's a quarter of those surveyed ffs.

That might say lovely things about West Virginians, but the fact of the matter is that, sometimes, key votes like this really do sway people from one side to another. That might make them bad people, but it doesn't change the electoral math.

For those following along: Manchin has a 29 point lead if he votes for Kavanaugh. He has a 2 point lead if he votes against.

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Sep 27, 2018

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Sadly, Hatch thinks he's being polite/complimenting her, not being a creepy rear end in a top hat

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Also, NPR said in a recent poll, 6 out of 10 polled said they were following this closely. Hopefully, it matter.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/DannyZuker/status/1045363867298267136

:perfect:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Fuckin love the onion

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1045312180621627392

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Referring to women like objects to own the cons?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/VeraMBergen/status/1045369724425535488

gently caress them all

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Holy gently caress :laffo:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

jesus

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I can't wait for the disgusting lengths Bretty Boy will go to after that. Well...actually I'd prefer he go walk out into traffic but that world I inherited is terrible.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

What an utter loving circus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I can't take watching more than a few minutes at a time or I start to creep dangerously into anger land.

I want to poo poo on every republican senators' doorstep.

• Locked thread