Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Indecisive posted:

elarra is basically the only healer you need now

(not ENTIRELY true but close)

Yeah i also kinda forgot i have elarras bsb with last stand so welp time to dive her and water her up

Edit: holy gently caress she can also double cast once fully dived

Jesus christ its the ultimate healer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Picked up Elarra's USB, bsb, and materia off two pulls, plus Faris USB and Cloud's glint. Pretty happy here.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

stab posted:

Yeah i also kinda forgot i have elarras bsb with last stand so welp time to dive her and water her up

Edit: holy gently caress she can also double cast once fully dived

Jesus christ its the ultimate healer

She can also use her spare slot to do bardsongs or dances depending on your need. Please fill out her Allegro con Moto sphere all the way because she deserves only the best.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

RagnarokAngel posted:

There's an HD rerelease coming out next year for switch and ps4 so...maybe?

Oh? I hadn't heard about that. :toot:

Where can I read up on it? All I can find is stuff about the "remake" created in RPGMaker that the dude tried to pass off as official. :argh:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Zurai posted:

Kimahri is AMAZING for Phoenix, though.

There are some just plain bad characters, but they're few and far between. Gau (until his USB), Angeal, Ward, Kiros, Rubicante, etc. Basically if they haven't gotten a new relic in forever they're probably pretty bad (Edge is a rare exception).

Even those are usable if you just like them. Gau has the full Combat/Celerity kit (and will get amazing tech to use it, soon), and Knight/Dragoon/Ninja are by far the most potent physical skillsets in the game on their own so Angeal, Ward, and Kiros aren't totally dead in the water.

There's nothing wrong with them statistically (unlike cores) and I could see you taking them as far as even A+ fights; it's just that after that, their lack of good SB tech holds them back. They're not bad, they're just outclassed.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Sep 27, 2018

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I have six dupes on this banner, but none of them are the top prizes. This is going to be a tough decision.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
2/11 - OK USB, Terra USB

No Ellara USB but two 6*s and avoided all dupes, nice

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Speaking of Cactuars. How's everyone planning to spend their tickets? I think I'm going for a 50/50 split between Power/Earth/Holy and Black/Lightning/Ice.

Based on the 6*s I want, I need ~30 of most orbs except Black and Lightning, which I need like 200 of. So I'm just going super ham on that banner once I've gotten first time rewards for the Crystals/Majors (i.e., from today on).

Also of note: Lightning and Ice are used in a lot of the new 6*s; Earth is at a similar level but Holy...not so much.

Pull recap as I completely missed the thread during RoP:

-RoP went pretty well, got Squall USB2, Zack CSB, my first ice boost physical armor in Noel LMR, and Celes/WoL OSBs. Rest was largely dupe/ssb chaff.
-LMR lucky got my Queen's, who I have nothing else for; I've got plenty of lightning boost armor so even that isn't such a big deal, oh well.
-Ultra lucky got me Curilla's and Jecht's dark USB. Not bad, I have his LMR so he's reasonably solid for faster clears.
-Banner 1 was 1/11 Maria USB. If I'm only getting one thing, best be a good one.

Not pulling on banner 2, I have Elarra's USB and Cloud's ASB already, so with Faris's meh USB3 there and some dupes on the low end it just doesn't seem worth it.

Right now the question is 'do I pull on banner 3 or instead pull on the LMR select we are probably getting to get OK LMR to go with his mUSB which I'm probably going to select on the USB select.' I'm also considering Godwall for the USB select, but with no gen 2 chains I feel like I'm just trading shoehorning in abilities for shoehorning in characters for boosts in most cases. Will probably pull on Banner 5 as well, I wouldn't hate building out my magic lightning though I guess it's less important given Ashe USB and Maria USB?

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
All this Elarra love making me salty af for never getting any of her relics. Pulled today:

Pull 1: 1/11 Alphinaud BSB - dupe.
Pull 2: 2/11 Cloud glint, Cloud AOSB
Pull 3: 1/1 dollar pull Terra Brave USB.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Cowcaster posted:

edit: wow everyone’s getting elarra and onion knight stuff huh

I don't, I pulled a Cloud glint, Terra USB, and... Papalymo BSB? Why the gently caress is this here?

Between that and going 2/11 with double Papa sticks on the OSB lucky, I think the game is attempting to tell me something.

Still, it's nice to have a good excuse to use Terra again. That could've gone much worse.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

Delita's USB is extremely good if you have a chain to go with it. Fortunately he can fit into fire, ice, and lightning teams just fine, especially now that there are 6* spellblades for each of those elements (he can do holy too but all his materia are for spellblade). He's probably the best non-Butz multi-element spellblade. Don't bother with the BSB, it's just damage. The IC2 you get from the USB is worth it every time.

From a practical standpoint, am I stupid to chase for celes stuff if I already have squall and Laguna csb as well?

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Daily draw got me Warrior of Lights USB. Woo.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Kheldarn posted:

Oh? I hadn't heard about that. :toot:

Where can I read up on it? All I can find is stuff about the "remake" created in RPGMaker that the dude tried to pass off as official. :argh:

Someone also announced an HD remake in like 2015, it was a hoax. Square Enix has never announced any plans to remake FF Mystic Quest.

One thing to keep in mind with Square re-visiting things: they're still a Japanese company. If it wasn't big in Japan, they probably don't care about it. Don't expect a Secret of Evermore remake any time soon either.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

rujasu posted:

Someone also announced an HD remake in like 2015, it was a hoax. Square Enix has never announced any plans to remake FF Mystic Quest.

One thing to keep in mind with Square re-visiting things: they're still a Japanese company. If it wasn't big in Japan, they probably don't care about it. Don't expect a Secret of Evermore remake any time soon either.

Probably for the better; Unlike the original Seiken Densetsu/FF Legend, SD2/Secret of Mana and SD3 didn't age nearly so well and the SoM remake tanked hard.

Secret of Evermore, on a recent playing, had a lot of good ideas but a lot of really wonky execution and a remake would only exacerbate how divisive it was even over here.

poe meater posted:

From a practical standpoint, am I stupid to chase for celes stuff if I already have squall and Laguna csb as well?

Celes is a slightly different niche than Squall. Whereas Squall is pure DPS, Celes works better as a dps/support hybrid. Plus, she can slot into a Holy team better than Squall can, even if they're both relatively element-agnostic.

You're not stupid to chase but you just need to stay aware that you're looking at a sidegrade instead of an upgrade.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I’m hoping we get 50 mythril within the next week so I can pull on FF8 again. However, I wanted to join the book club.

Elarra won’t give me her book. She is mean.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

KataraniSword posted:

SD3 didn't age nearly so well

:stare:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Fister Roboto posted:

I have six dupes on this banner, but none of them are the top prizes. This is going to be a tough decision.

I had even more dupes and I pulled anyway because I really want Elarra USB.

The LMR is the only dupe but now I really can't safely dodge dupes with another pull and while I'm happy about getting good stuff I am really mad that I have to wait however long to try for Elarra USB again :mad:

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

poo poo, I got 4 of those hats and no OK USB or Elarra LMR!

Though I did get some other stuff I didn't have but I'm in the same boat, basically everything is dupes at this point and I can't justify another pull.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

KataraniSword posted:

SD3 didn't age nearly so well
Please elaborate for folks who still play it occasionally[/quote]

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Bell_ posted:

Please elaborate for folks who still play it occasionally

It's no less grindy than the other Mana games, and the movement/attacking just feels a lot more sluggish than SoM. In every other respect it's a marked upgrade, but I honestly personally feel like Legend of Mana is more responsive to play (even if it has its own problems).

I never said it was bad, just that it didn't age that gracefully. I think the Gameboy FF Legend or Adventures of Mana (not Sword of Mana) is a little more evergreen than either SNES Seiken Densetsu.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the change to building up super attacks from individual hits instead of sitting around like a lemon building charge to do something that was less effective than just repeated normal attacks over the same duration was actually extremely smart and good

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

The forced grinding is really my only problem with SD3 and even then it's much less annoying than Secret of Mana where every spirit needed their own attention, as did every weapon.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
5 pulls.

2/11 - Faris BSB, Papaylmo LMR
1/11 - Faris BSB again
1/11 - Elarra LMR
2/11 - Elarra LMR again, and... TERROR BALTIMORE USB2 THANK GOD
3/11 - Cloud AOSB, Cloud Glint, Papaylmo BSB

I mean... I got TERROR's new toy and I'm happy about that but kinda gutted I can't get Elarra USB. I don't think I can justify another pull with what's left of my mythril.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
I kind of want to pull on this banner again now that I have seen how ridiculous the hat looks.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Anything coming down the pipe post-fest that would keep me from burning all my mythril here?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Bruceski posted:

Anything coming down the pipe post-fest that would keep me from burning all my mythril here?
the japanese fest banners currently going on are such a huge powercreep it's absolutely worth rethinking a lot of your iffy pulls. It's a long wait though

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Nihilarian posted:

the japanese fest banners currently going on are such a huge powercreep it's absolutely worth rethinking a lot of your iffy pulls. It's a long wait though

They're six months ahead, right? One more pull isn't gonna affect that.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Nihilarian posted:

Genuinely considering starting a side account and saving 100% of all mythril until that fest. And then letting it replace my main if it comes up better.

What's the best way to go about doing that? Different device? Android emulator?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Different device? Android emulator?

These are the same idea, android emulator IS a different device, but yeah probably unless you like swapping accounts constantly to spend stamina

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

MF_James posted:

These are the same idea, android emulator IS a different device, but yeah probably unless you like swapping accounts constantly to spend stamina

Are Android emulators... reliable? Never used one before.

And if I do decide to replace my main with the account I made on it, is it as simple as just relogging on the play store? I heard there are some issues with using two accounts on the same device.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

MarquiseMindfang posted:

And if I do decide to replace my main with the account I made on it, is it as simple as just relogging on the play store? I heard there are some issues with using two accounts on the same device.

I exclusively play on NOX when I'm at home since the app crashes on my phone after every dungeon and generally runs like poo poo; it runs perfectly on NOX as far as I'm concerned.

As for 2 accounts on the same device not sure, you'd have to ask someone else, but I assume it would be a PITA if it works at all.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I use MEmu because Bluestacks is rear end and NOX breaks down every few new releases.
Ive had no problems with that but I only really use 1 game for it.

I just relog on the playstore. Now if its safe, ive run into no security issues before.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Probably a dumb question but for making multiple accounts what do I need for a new google play account? Just a different email, or is there some behind the scenes device detection or something I'd also need to separate?

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011

Bruceski posted:

Probably a dumb question but for making multiple accounts what do I need for a new google play account? Just a different email, or is there some behind the scenes device detection or something I'd also need to separate?

I believe you can log-in with different emails. That's what I'm doing on my phone.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Bruceski posted:

They're six months ahead, right? One more pull isn't gonna affect that.

Also, six months from now, we will be six months away from another huge powercreep. (Or six months away from the game shutting down.)

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

rujasu posted:

Also, six months from now, we will be six months away from another huge powercreep. (Or six months away from the game shutting down.)

Not to this degree, we won't. It might well be 6 that we get "better" Awakening SBs in 6 months, but Awakenings are so far beyond what is available the day before Awakenings came out that for once saying "wait 6 months for the next power creep" is unironically good advice.

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

I took down Quetzalcoatl with Bartz USB1/BSB, Selphie USB, Galuf CSB/BSB, Cinque USB, and Edge SSB2. My team is pretty busted, but it was still close. At least there's no RNG in what the boss does, just dualcasts.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
So I started a new account as I said, figured I'd do the RoP to get some stuff to help it clear content.

I get to IX and it immediately pulls the Garnet CSB I wasted 300 mythril chasing last fest.

Low key furious tbh.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Zurai posted:

Not to this degree, we won't. It might well be 6 that we get "better" Awakening SBs in 6 months, but Awakenings are so far beyond what is available the day before Awakenings came out that for once saying "wait 6 months for the next power creep" is unironically good advice.

Well, we don't know what will happen six months from now in JP, or even one month from now, but I'm certainly not saying we shouldn't be prepared to do some pulls on those banners. I'm not going to start hoarding six months out, but I'll be sure to stash some mythril once it's a little closer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

I think this really varies based on the individual account and player. Personally, I feel like I have everything I need to beat everything except D??? Nu-Torments and maybe some 5* magicites; so I am content to only do a few lucky draws and maybe the very rare pull between now and 4th Anni Fest. That being said, if I wasn't a former dolphin with some great luck, I wouldn't feel like I necessarily had all of the tools to enjoy playing for the next 6 months without anything new.

I can see both sides to this argument, but in general I'd say "seriously consider any pulls made in the next 6 months, make sure it is a good banner for your needs."