Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Krazyface posted:

So, according to this guy (who I should warn you is a bit full-on), Odyssey has a mode without floating objective markers on the screen. You just get a description of where the place is, and figure it out using the map and the bird.

Full-on or not JorRaptor has great vids on these games, produced tons of useful content for Origins.

Getting hyped, didn't quite put together this comes out next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Jorraptor is a cool dude and I do not mind his exuberant Dutch accent. I like that he gets into the nerdy details that people really care about like the level scaling mechanism and where you start on the worldmap.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Didn't Origins already have that? It'd constantly pop up on screen USE SENU TO LOCATE WHATEVER!!! and there was no way to turn it off

Orv
May 4, 2011

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Didn't Origins already have that? It'd constantly pop up on screen USE SENU TO LOCATE WHATEVER!!! and there was no way to turn it off

What this does is turn off quest location markers - givers, end points, objectives, items - a la old school RPGs. Since you've still got a magic bird it's not as tedious as it might otherwise be. Luckily you can swap to and from that mode at any time so I might start on it just to see how it goes.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Orv posted:

The US at least can't actually use that uplay credit voucher for pre-orders, it blows.

E: Oh, huh, at least that was the case for the last couple Ubisoft games I tried. Buying from inside the client allows me to use the 20% off despite it saying in very bold, very orange letters that it would not.

Btw I tried to do this from the uplay app and I just get a big fat nothing when I click "claim promo code."

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is the bird an owl this time?

Orv
May 4, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Btw I tried to do this from the uplay app and I just get a big fat nothing when I click "claim promo code."

Yeah I tested it and then when I went back to do the actual purchase the in client store has been dead every time I've tried since. And it doesn't work through the website store. :shrug:

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

The Lone Badger posted:

It’s still an hawk or small eagle

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

Truly a missed opportunity that it wasn't

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The Lone Badger posted:

Go play Far Cry Primal immediately, my dude.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Supreme Allah posted:

Full-on or not JorRaptor has great vids on these games, produced tons of useful content for Origins.

”Ahnd let’s geuw!”

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
so apperently, you have a sibling, but they are a baby i have no other ideas then that.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
So I haven't been following the AC story for a while but this game is set before the Assassin order actually exists, right? So does the story have anything at all to do with that stuff or is it "Assassin's Creed" in name only?

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Fart City posted:

”Ahnd let’s geuw!”

I found that annoying the first couple times but now I've watched 60+ ACO videos from him and I mouth the words along with him, its great :xd:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

PantsBandit posted:

So I haven't been following the AC story for a while but this game is set before the Assassin order actually exists, right? So does the story have anything at all to do with that stuff or is it "Assassin's Creed" in name only?

Don't think anything's confirmed yet but most people are assuming this will be about the origin of the Templars (or ancient ones or whatever the heck they called the templar precursors in origins)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I now mentally pronounce "God of War" as "goadwaar" thanks to the dutch raptor man.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Ainsley McTree posted:

Don't think anything's confirmed yet but most people are assuming this will be about the origin of the Templars (or ancient ones or whatever the heck they called the templar precursors in origins)

Huh, that could be pretty cool if they lean into it. I've always thought the story of these games is at its best when both sides have legitimate (or equally crazy) concepts of what's best for humanity and just employ different methods. A story built around giving the templar order some personality beyond cackling villain cabal would be neat.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Preloads are a go.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

PantsBandit posted:

Huh, that could be pretty cool if they lean into it. I've always thought the story of these games is at its best when both sides have legitimate (or equally crazy) concepts of what's best for humanity and just employ different methods. A story built around giving the templar order some personality beyond cackling villain cabal would be neat.

I legit thought that the dying cutscenes in AC1 were really good and showed that most of these people were at the very least sympathetic. Well, except for that one dude, but that was amusing for its own reasons:

"So I suppose you are going to tell me what you are doing is right?"
"Oh yeah I believe all that poo poo but really I just loving love killing people!"
"Oh hey, so do I! Let me show you!" *stabs*

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Orv posted:

What this does is turn off quest location markers - givers, end points, objectives, items - a la old school RPGs. Since you've still got a magic bird it's not as tedious as it might otherwise be. Luckily you can swap to and from that mode at any time so I might start on it just to see how it goes.
I'd say that Origins already did a mini version of that with the treasure maps. It worked well even in the big gameworld although some of the locations were frustrating to find and doing it for every single quest could prove too tedious. We'll see.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

yeah, i like haythem ideas of templarness way more then i should.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Unlucky7 posted:

I legit thought that the dying cutscenes in AC1 were really good and showed that most of these people were at the very least sympathetic. Well, except for that one dude, but that was amusing for its own reasons:

"So I suppose you are going to tell me what you are doing is right?"
"Oh yeah I believe all that poo poo but really I just loving love killing people!"
"Oh hey, so do I! Let me show you!" *stabs*

i just genuinly like the death monologues and i am glad they came back with avegence. also was son of Ra a sage?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

The Lone Badger posted:

Will this game have a lot more bronze in it than Oringins did? If I'm going to be odyssey-ing it up I want a xiphos and a bronze spear.
"Odyssey" is kind of deceiving since the Peloponnesian War takes place roughly 800 years after the Trojan War, so well past the Bronze Age Collapse and well into the Iron Age.

Speaking of the Bronze Age Collapse, that would be a pretty good setting for an AssCreed game since they could attribute the widespread razing of cities to some jerk who finds one of those ancient artifacts and it's not like they'd be stomping over a robust archaeological record.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Palpek posted:

I'd say that Origins already did a mini version of that with the treasure maps. It worked well even in the big gameworld although some of the locations were frustrating to find and doing it for every single quest could prove too tedious. We'll see.

I just ended up googling all of those by the end lol. Exploration mode is not for me but it’s cool that it’s optional for those who dig it

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
https://twitter.com/StephenSeanFord/status/1045760810033672197

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

:perfect:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Holy poo poo lmao

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

pretty loving accurate.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Why was Assassin's Creed III on there twice?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Already deleted. What was it??

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Wolfsheim posted:

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Deakul posted:

Preloads are a go.

Also a go for Steam buyers, not just Uplay folk.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PS4 users are on Sunday I believe, the last to go but no one can play until Tuesday anyways.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Wolfsheim posted:

It was some guy shaking hands with people and hugging others that were labeled with various AC games. The ones he was hugging were "good" AC games, and just shaking hands with the rest.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
President Obama is some guy?

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
I didn't understand that video either.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

PureRok posted:

It was some guy shaking hands with people and hugging others that were labeled with various AC games. The ones he was hugging were "good" AC games, and just shaking hands with the rest.

And just walks by the movie at the end.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It's a Key & Peele skit where Obama does the minimum respectful greeting to a whole line of white people but mixed in he greets the black people as one of his own and really enthusiastically. The same video was done about a week or so ago but as a joke about which MCU films are the best ones.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lobok posted:

It's a Key & Peele skit where Obama does the minimum respectful greeting to a whole line of white people but mixed in he greets the black people as one of his own and really enthusiastically. The same video was done about a week or so ago but as a joke about which MCU films are the best ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nopWOC4SRm4 here is the original SNL skit that was posted. This was based on something that really happened with Barack Obama while he was president. The white person trying to hug him was super awkward. White people are idiots basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
shame that other tweet got deleted, here's another

https://twitter.com/_daledriver/status/1045587196168884224