Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Not expecting ASF to reply since he's indisposed at the moment, but can someone else tell me what he means by "makes forward hoops"?

I think he means somersaults?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

I dunno, I like to imagine it’s forward rolls, my brain thinks it’s somehow even funnier than somersaults

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

i think he builds septum rings when he is angry, those are the forward hoops. earrings are the rear hoops. some places can have lower hoops.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I like to imagine someone spinning around on the floor like they are break dancing and moving forward ever so slowly in the direction they started facing. Kind of like a dog chasing it's own tail.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What I'm picturing is desperate criminals and mentally ill convicts in Croatia just busting power moves and doing flips and cartwheels to while the day away

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

Data Graham posted:

What I'm picturing is desperate criminals and mentally ill convicts in Croatia just busting power moves and doing flips and cartwheels to while the day away

:tito:

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Sir, this is the Croatian parliament

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

he's obviously shooting hoops

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
ASF is too good for this internet

god bless you croat drug goon, please don't die from withdrawl

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
For the love of God get clean and stay that way. Your liver must look like Swiss cheese by now.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Dick Trauma posted:

For the love of God get clean and stay that way. Your liver must look like Swiss cheese by now.

Actually it's probably a hard black lump

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Foie Gras.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

It's not supposed to crunch when you press on it. :(

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

:sigh: I miss Mr FATBEARD. How can we go on without him? This world is so cold and lonely?

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

he'll be fine, he's made of steel

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

he’s probably worried about us too :classiclol:

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

tbh i respect the croatians as described by this thread, they seem to have a pretty good grasp on the general hopelessness of existence

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

i only know croatian-australians irl and they're all hilariously mad but i always assumed that was just a statistical anomaly. apparently it wasn't

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

He carved CROATIAN into a tree before he went inside

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

Data Graham posted:

lol

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Boo this person.

Booooo! :ghost:

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Yo is this guy okay??!

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

CherryCola posted:

Yo is this guy okay??!

No clue, but we should assume the worst.

GOON PROJECT: RESCUE SWEETY FAT BEARD
---SUB PROJECT: GO DRINKING WITH SWERY FAT BREAD

are there any euro goons near where OP lives? I will donate three pence, a handle of bourbon, and some gum to pay whomever to drive to our dear friend. State your name and where abouts, and I will add you to the wiki I just started.

(If it's not clear by the gum, this is a joke please don't dox OP lollerskates *hugs*)

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I used to get worried about op but he'll turn up eventually

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

spankmeister posted:

I used to get worried about op but he'll turn up eventually

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Yeah also if he's been committed, he's probably in a better place than self-medicating.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Yeah also if he's been committed, he's probably in a better place than self-medicating.

It's not like they're going to let him crash hard. I guarantee ASF is on something to bring him down easy... hopefully :ohdear:

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:
I'm still here and i'm doing drat fine. It's just that i refuse to post due to extraordinarily lovely nature of my onscreen pseudo-keyboard. And i can't see what i'm typing, making it impossible to craft a good post. I'm going home soon though.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

I'm still here and i'm doing drat fine. It's just that i refuse to post due to extraordinarily lovely nature of my onscreen pseudo-keyboard. And i can't see what i'm typing, making it impossible to craft a good post. I'm going home soon though.

Thanks and God bless

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
YAAAAAAY

Hvala Bogu

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Glad you are doing well!

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Dick Bastardly posted:

It's not like they're going to let him crash hard. I guarantee ASF is on something to bring him down easy... hopefully :ohdear:

They totally let me crash the gently caress down, more on that later. I decided to phonepost an update anyway because it's the middle of the night and a certain someone can't sleep, surrounded by a choir of seven snoring, coughing and farting men.

But how did i even get here? I was listening to my serbian EI radio fifteen nights ago, and the neighbor lady phoned the pigs at 02:30 am due to a noise complaint. It was personal actually, she somply doesn't like me and iy otherwise irritable since she hasn't seen any action since 1984 olympics, so the cop thing didn't surprise me.

I was already asleep when the cops showed up, and being as a stoned dumbass as ever, I invited them into my apt to show them that the lady is lying about noise.

The things then went south for me, there was booze and pills everywhere and i was evidently wrecked. I then tripped over a shop fan, fell forwards and banged my head against the radiator. Multiple cuts and a serious concussion, blood everywhere, it was not a pretty sight. The pigs phoned the paramedics who took me to the hospital forCT, jammed a foot-long catether into my dick to piss out all the beer while being hogtied to the table with leather leashes. drat, after verifying that there ain't anything broken on my head, got my forehead patched up and then shipped off to the looney bin for shock therapy detox, meaninng that i spent two days leashed to the bed and flipping the gently caress poo poo hell out. I am now clean, apart from some weird 1950s veterinary meds they're giving me. No more wds for me.

The medic tried to get me to shut up by punching me in the ribs (over a pillow so it wouldn't bruise). Niiiiìce.

I am now at the open ward, surtounded by extreme snorers. I hsve many stories, will lost more later... :)

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Holy gently caress dude, that sounds brutal. But so glad you're alive! Shock therapy sounds like...not a thing you're supposed to use for detox though!?!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

They totally let me crash the gently caress down, more on that later. I decided to phonepost an update anyway because it's the middle of the night and a certain someone can't sleep, surrounded by a choir of seven snoring, coughing and farting men.

But how did i even get here? I was listening to my serbian EI radio fifteen nights ago, and the neighbor lady phoned the pigs at 02:30 am due to a noise complaint. It was personal actually, she somply doesn't like me and iy otherwise irritable since she hasn't seen any action since 1984 olympics, so the cop thing didn't surprise me.

I was already asleep when the cops showed up, and being as a stoned dumbass as ever, I invited them into my apt to show them that the lady is lying about noise.

The things then went south for me, there was booze and pills everywhere and i was evidently wrecked. I then tripped over a shop fan, fell forwards and banged my head against the radiator. Multiple cuts and a serious concussion, blood everywhere, it was not a pretty sight. The pigs phoned the paramedics who took me to the hospital forCT, jammed a foot-long catether into my dick to piss out all the beer while being hogtied to the table with leather leashes. drat, after verifying that there ain't anything broken on my head, got my forehead patched up and then shipped off to the looney bin for shock therapy detox, meaninng that i spent two days leashed to the bed and flipping the gently caress poo poo hell out. I am now clean, apart from some weird 1950s veterinary meds they're giving me. No more wds for me.

The medic tried to get me to shut up by punching me in the ribs (over a pillow so it wouldn't bruise). Niiiiìce.

I am now at the open ward, surtounded by extreme snorers. I hsve many stories, will lost more later... :)

Get some sleep when/if you can. Stay strong buddy. Don;t give up.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

CherryCola posted:

Holy gently caress dude, that sounds brutal. But so glad you're alive! Shock therapy sounds like...not a thing you're supposed to use for detox though!?!

I think ASF means "cold turkey" and is getting idioms confused or something, because yeah literal shock therapy as in when they stick electrodes to you and zap your brain sounds like some barbaric Victorian-era idea of how to detox somebody and I don't think Croatia is THAT bad.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Crazycryodude posted:

I think ASF means "cold turkey" and is getting idioms confused or something, because yeah literal shock therapy as in when they stick electrodes to you and zap your brain sounds like some barbaric Victorian-era idea of how to detox somebody and I don't think Croatia is THAT bad.

I think Carrie Fisher used it indirectly to treat her drug problems and swore by it. She suffered from a host of mental issues (all probably stemming from or causing her drug addictions) and claimed it was the only thing keeping her stable. She also died of a drug overdose so your mileage may vary.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Crazycryodude posted:

I think ASF means "cold turkey"

Yes and yes. ECT is seriously being used in croatia in tyool 2018.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
https://twitter.com/honkposter/status/1049199032298483718

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
woops. forgot you can't edit here. anyway, this reminded me of this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Yes and yes. ECT is seriously being used in croatia in tyool 2018.

It's also being used in the first world. Just tends to the reserved for extreme cases, iirc.

Hope you get away from that hellhole soon!