Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Reddit has already made a character list.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DragaliaLost/comments/9jawz4/list_of_all_available_characters_in_dragalia_lost/

Apparently theres 9 5* units to roll for

e: https://dragalialost.gamepress.gg/character-list

reddit posted:

There are currently 9 default 5-star units. We think these are the best units to reroll for, but have no idea how good they are just yet. For now, we recommend just picking the ones that look the coolest.

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Sep 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I'm also playing this weird dragon game.

8356 1420 154

Bee

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

The drop rate is kinda garbo for 5*s but it has that after X rolls the chance increases a bunch. It's 5% base. I'm unsure of the percentage for the guaranteed 4*+ to be a 5* instead

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Jumping on the bandwagon.

ID is 35336708110

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
My ID is 6337 8427 380

Edit: I got a 5* Xander on my second try so I stopped. Anyone know if it is possible to get multiple 5*s? I probably won't play this very long anyways as I am not really into this type of game but was just wondering.

Trastion fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Sep 27, 2018

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
rerolled a few times and got a 5* Xainfried. gave up a couple 5* dragons in the process, so hopefully, those aren't more important.

friend code: 6314 9539 673

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

m.hache posted:

At very least I got 2x 10 pulls after the intro. If you set a helper you get 300 currency to help for your second pull.

So, question. Is this using the free premium currency, or do you get pulls further into the missions?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Go RV! posted:

So, question. Is this using the free premium currency, or do you get pulls further into the missions?

This is using the free premium currency (Wyrmcrest or something).

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
rolling 5* characters is actually a curse because then you feel obliged to play it, as it happens i got two. the japanese already have a tier list (https://altema.jp/dragalialost/saikyo#03) but theyve been playing it as long as anyone else and i dont know how they got the info

the music is cute at least?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

m.hache posted:

This is using the free premium currency (Wyrmcrest or something).

Ok, I found what I was missing. You get 300 currency for adding a Support character under Friends.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Might as well change the game in the thread title to Dragalia Lost and get it over with.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

axelblaze posted:

Might as well change the game in the thread title to Dragalia Lost and get it over with.

That's as good point. This is a gacha made in part by Nintendo. Should we just preempt the whole complaining part and just make a thread right now?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Go RV! posted:

That's as good point. This is a gacha made in part by Nintendo. Should we just preempt the whole complaining part and just make a thread right now?

Yes

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
There is already a Dragalia Lost thread.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

It doesn't seem all that fun so far but maybe it because I'm not very far in.

I did finally buy Dungeon Tittys with my reward money. Should have jumped on that bandwagon long ago. Prisoners seem like a lame mechanic though

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Len posted:

I did finally buy Dungeon Tittys with my reward money. Should have jumped on that bandwagon long ago. Prisoners seem like a lame mechanic though

They're super geared for late game. You need a couple upgrades on both the prison and altar for them to actually do anything worthwhile, and some of those being gated.

But then you can do some REALLY silly poo poo with them.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Counterpoint: I found Dragalia kind of lovely and already went back to playing Almost a Hero

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of which, independent of this thread I started playing Almost a Hero a week or so ago and is there any trick to it or is it really just a clicker? I'm enjoying it so far but it's just it would be nice to know that sort of stuff.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!
Nevermind, there is a thread for this now.

Solvency fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Sep 28, 2018

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

axelblaze posted:

Speaking of which, independent of this thread I started playing Almost a Hero a week or so ago and is there any trick to it or is it really just a clicker? I'm enjoying it so far but it's just it would be nice to know that sort of stuff.

The missions that open up around levels 150 and 350 I think add a lot of variety as with those you may have to come up with a solution to an interesting problem.

Usually the solution is level up more in the main game.

Eventually you get mythical artifacts which can change the game radically.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Tsietisin posted:

The missions that open up around levels 150 and 350 I think add a lot of variety as with those you may have to come up with a solution to an interesting problem.

Usually the solution is level up more in the main game.

Eventually you get mythical artifacts which can change the game radically.

Yeah, I'm that far at least. Last major thing I unlocked I think is the Goblin character. I'm currently making why way around again from my last prestige and am about to catch up to my last run on the level 477 reward

Also this game is smart in that it is extremely generous in how much currency it's willing to give you for watching ads rather than spending money

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Decided to use some of my survey monies for Dungeon Warfare.

Why is it good :negative:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Hi friends, if this was posted already, I am so sorry.

A new Galaxy of Heroes/Marvel Strike Force-like game launched on Android less than 2 weeks ago and has a lot of goons playing it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3869495&perpage=40

I wrote up an OP last week about it and am just looking to build the community up. It has huge polish, the devs aren’t hounding you for money left and right and it’s a ton of fun right now. Strangely enough, it actually has a robust story.

Check it out if you’re into these types of games. The OP has a lot of info, the discord, the clan, etc.

Keep on keeping on goon brethren.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

For those of you unsure on trying Dragalia, it's very much like the game Rune Story from a couple years ago. Like, incredibly so.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Add me on Dragalia 36364036676

I rerolled a lot so now I have Julietta and Mikoto, so that's cool.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

axelblaze posted:

It's deeper than your average clicker imo, but it's still an idle game. Getting a good combination going can mean the difference between struggling to lvl 200 or breezing past 300. Early game, Lenny is amazing dps, and once you get Jim and his shields, can take you through to 350ish with another dps in support like hilt or lia.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Anyone have opinions on Monster Hunter Stories? It's $20 but with a demo that I'm downloading now.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Gilg posted:

Anyone have opinions on Monster Hunter Stories? It's $20 but with a demo that I'm downloading now.

I liked it a lot but I'm a big fan of monster hunter.

It basically a rock paper scissor system where you need to learn monster's habits to really succeed. It has a ton of customization and content. And the game has no problem being brutal if you want a challenge.

I played on the 3ds so I don't know how it controls on mobile.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I had fun with it on 3DS but I don't think I would be okay with playing in just touch screen controls.

But then again there was a guy over in the iOS thread stoked to play on touch controls because iOS has better resolution so :shrug:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

IAmTheRad posted:

Decided to use some of my survey monies for Dungeon Warfare.

Why is it good :negative:
Just be careful if you decide to go with the sequel. It's a mess of randomized drops that have been nerfed into the ground, along with some talents / traps that don't work, plus it seems to have been untouched since July after some more promising patching closer to launch.

It'll still scratch the same itch, but definitely not at full price.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

NPR Journalizard posted:

It's deeper than your average clicker imo, but it's still an idle game. Getting a good combination going can mean the difference between struggling to lvl 200 or breezing past 300. Early game, Lenny is amazing dps, and once you get Jim and his shields, can take you through to 350ish with another dps in support like hilt or lia.

I don't know if this is legit or not, but it looks like when you increase a hero's level, you get a set percentage of the current attack value added, so I have been using lexx and Lenny, giving Lenny some ranks in the skill that increases damage for everyone when he kills something, popping his ult and waiting till near the end and then ranking lexx up. Hopefully that will make the increases in power even more.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Hi friends, if this was posted already, I am so sorry.

A new Galaxy of Heroes/Marvel Strike Force-like game launched on Android less than 2 weeks ago and has a lot of goons playing it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3869495&perpage=40

I wrote up an OP last week about it and am just looking to build the community up. It has huge polish, the devs aren’t hounding you for money left and right and it’s a ton of fun right now. Strangely enough, it actually has a robust story.

Check it out if you’re into these types of games. The OP has a lot of info, the discord, the clan, etc.

Keep on keeping on goon brethren.

Downloading and I'm holding you personally responsible for anything that may or may not happen.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Marenian Tavern Story is a spiritual successor to Adventure Bar Story by the same developers and published by Kemco. It's available in a pay upfront Premium version and a demo with a premium unlock IAP.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'd be surprised if this hasn't come up yet, but Night of Full Moon is a shockingly great card/RPG game that's totally free (you have to pay a buck each for any extra classes you want to unlock but the base class is fine, it's just less complex than the others)

It has a lot in common with Slay the Spire and Guild of Dungeoneering and has a really cute art style.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Much like Wandering Night is a carbon copy of Slay the Spire, Night of the Full Moon is a direct rip off Dream Quest. It's not bad, but that because Dream Quest is awesome.

Sadly, DQ is iOS or Steam and not Android, but I'd get it off steam before I give a buck to these weird ripoff developers.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Much like Wandering Night is a carbon copy of Slay the Spire, Night of the Full Moon is a direct rip off Dream Quest. It's not bad, but that because Dream Quest is awesome.

Sadly, DQ is iOS or Steam and not Android, but I'd get it off steam before I give a buck to these weird ripoff developers.

I mean, Night of Full Moon has much better artwork. Unless they stole that from some other game? And DQ appears to have a completely different map/dungeon system as well?

Eh whatever, I'm still recommending it :colbert:

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Yeah Im saying under the hood the games are 99% identical. The only meaningful difference is that DQ has a map and this game you pull choices from a deck until you run out (and the map almost works out the same in terms of choices). Otherwise the mechanics are a 1:1 copy.

I'm not saying don't play it, just be aware it's a shameless clone and maybe give the original a shot.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Will do!

What game was the Patient Zero for deck building roguelikes? I kinda can't believe Slay the Spire is popular enough to have inspired all these games with the same general mechanics

Oh and talking of Guild of Dungeoneering it's on android now and it owns harder than ever after the expansions added Ice Cream Monk and Pirate Stuff

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

SynthesisAlpha posted:

I'm not saying don't play it, just be aware it's a shameless clone and maybe give the original a shot.

Which I absolutely would do if it was on Android. Seriously, I love the poo poo out of Invisible, Inc, but if a clone showed up tomorrow for my phone, I'd buy it in a heartbeat (assuming it was even half as good).

I don't think I'll ever not be grumpy that II isn't available for my phone :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah iPhone exclusive games can eat all the dicks

I somehow forgot that I bought Adventure Bar Story awhile ago and I'm psyched to play the hell out of it