Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Q has been really boring since getting banned from Reddit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

He'll be accusing Alyssa Milano of being an assassin soon, so there's that to look forward to.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm surprised no one in the chud media has tried the angle of attack of "She should be happy someone wanted to gently caress her".

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
Is anybody picking up any chatter about Oct 3rd? Like how they expected Antifa to start a civil war on Nov 5th?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Uglycat posted:

Is anybody picking up any chatter about Oct 3rd? Like how they expected Antifa to start a civil war on Nov 5th?

These idiots always think Civil War 2: The Quickening is right around the corner.

Their lives must be unbelievably loving dissapointing and dull.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

twistedmentat posted:

I'm surprised no one in the chud media has tried the angle of attack of "She should be happy someone wanted to gently caress her".

This pick is about keeping Dear Leader out of a goddamn hangman's noose; alt-right media has been taking it seriously and talking about Brett Kauvnaugh with shock! abject shock! about the lack of decorum.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
This is about the third or fourth time that they've claimed that Antifa was about to start a Civil War. Last time they did this Antifa started mockingly tweeting soldier's letters to home complaining about the Captain having them down to half avocado toast rations. :allears:

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

TulliusCicero posted:

These idiots always think Civil War 2: The Quickening is right around the corner.

Their lives must be unbelievably loving dissapointing and dull.

Are you kidding? Every time a prediction doesn't come true it just demonstrates that all their hard work posting on the internet has paid off and the Deep State is too terrified to make its move.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Helsing posted:

Are you kidding? Every time a prediction doesn't come true it just demonstrates that all their hard work posting on the internet has paid off and the Deep State is too terrified to make its move.

Someday one of them will get a Medal of Freedom for "posting with tremendous courage" from Trump

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

TulliusCicero posted:

Someday one of them will get a Medal of Freedom for "posting with tremendous courage" from Trump

That was essentially many of the invitations to the inaugural ball to rural GOP volunteers.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

https://twitter.com/agoldmund/status/1046164814995886080?s=21

Crisis actor theory is back babey *awooo*

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Two things.
1. I don't follow Schumer much so maybe she lost some weight since the last photos I saw of her, and I suppose maybe Dr. Ford was just wearing some very flattering and slimming clothing (and we did mostly see her behind a table) but - and not to fatshame or anything - I'm pretty sure that there's no loving way you could pass off Schumer as Ford. Like, if she was wearing a girdle, I'm pretty sure it would need to be tight enough that she would be visibly and audibly gasping.

2. What's the loving point? I can understand why evil idiots make up crisis actors for actual disasters, because they need the story to be not true but since the story relies upon a great many witnesses and supposed deaths, you can't simply say 'it's a lie' and be done with it. But why for this? Just say Dr. Ford is a liar and be done with it. You don't need a crisis actor to dismiss this story and protect Kavanaugh the way you need them to dismiss, say, Sandy Hook and whatnot.

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

That WellAware guy is legit insane so of course people believe him.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Two things.
1. I don't follow Schumer much so maybe she lost some weight since the last photos I saw of her, and I suppose maybe Dr. Ford was just wearing some very flattering and slimming clothing (and we did mostly see her behind a table) but - and not to fatshame or anything - I'm pretty sure that there's no loving way you could pass off Schumer as Ford. Like, if she was wearing a girdle, I'm pretty sure it would need to be tight enough that she would be visibly and audibly gasping.

2. What's the loving point? I can understand why evil idiots make up crisis actors for actual disasters, because they need the story to be not true but since the story relies upon a great many witnesses and supposed deaths, you can't simply say 'it's a lie' and be done with it. But why for this? Just say Dr. Ford is a liar and be done with it. You don't need a crisis actor to dismiss this story and protect Kavanaugh the way you need them to dismiss, say, Sandy Hook and whatnot.

People with faceblindness literally cannot recognize faces of strangers, or have super tough times doing so even if they can manage it eventually. Thus people only need to be like, vaguely the same skin tone and size to look "just the same but in a different wig!!!" etc to those people.

Wellaware guy is one of the people with the most severe form of that issue. To him, everyone can look the same with "hollywood fx treatment" to be passed off as the next crisis actor.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Iol they're so brokebrained that of course a crisis actor has to be a famous Hollywood actor in prosthetics.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Nothus posted:

Iol they're so brokebrained that of course a crisis actor has to be a famous Hollywood actor in prosthetics.

If they really wanted to do it right then they'd hire a stage actor, wouldn't they? Hollywood actors are all about multiple takes while you've got a hidden speaker in your ear telling you your next line. With stage actors they've got one chance to do it right, and even if somebody else messes up, they've got to improv something and roll with it.

Just seems plain sloppy hiring a gal like amy schumer for this

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

That insane Ed guy responds to like every comment; it's loving magical. :allears:

He seems to think everyone laughing at him is deep cover dems in damage control lmao. He is just saying even more insane poo poo about biometric tests.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Pretty sure SAG rules would prevent them from hiring a no-name for a speaking role on camera

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Two things.

So you're saying this theory is crazy and Q-anons make no loving sense?

hm.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

The entire notion of crisis actors is bizarre precisely because a Deep State that is willing to murder anyone who opposes it would presumably just kill real people for maximum effect. Why would people who are manifestly evil hesitate to kill innocent civilians in an easily exposed plot when they could just find an actual psycho and set him loose with a gun.

Much like the flat earthers I think you're forced to conclude that the appeal of the theory is the 'emperor has no clothes' angle. The idea that you as an individual could pick out such an obvious fabrication that everyone else has missed and could prove it visually to your friends family work colleagues whoever hasn't blocked you on facebook yet. There's obviously some deep psychological appeal to thinking you've figured something out using easily available clues that almost no one else had noticed. It must be an appeal so strong it can overcome the self evident insanity of somehow believing in an all powerful totalitarian government, but simultaneously believing that government (for some reason) would abstain from conducting actual massacres and would instead conduct fakes one for... reasons?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Helsing posted:

The entire notion of crisis actors is bizarre precisely because a Deep State that is willing to murder anyone who opposes it would presumably just kill real people for maximum effect. Why would people who are manifestly evil hesitate to kill innocent civilians in an easily exposed plot when they could just find an actual psycho and set him loose with a gun.

Much like the flat earthers I think you're forced to conclude that the appeal of the theory is the 'emperor has no clothes' angle. The idea that you as an individual could pick out such an obvious fabrication that everyone else has missed and could prove it visually to your friends family work colleagues whoever hasn't blocked you on facebook yet. There's obviously some deep psychological appeal to thinking you've figured something out using easily available clues that almost no one else had noticed. It must be an appeal so strong it can overcome the self evident insanity of somehow believing in an all powerful totalitarian government, but simultaneously believing that government (for some reason) would abstain from conducting actual massacres and would instead conduct fakes one for... reasons?

I agree with this completely. The government they describe and fear would have no problem letting lunatics run amok, I mean they supposedly eat babies in satanic orgies for gently caress's sakes.

It's even more insane to believe that dead shooting victims is a step too far. But always more insane is the name of the game here

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Ziv Zulander posted:

If they really wanted to do it right then they'd hire a stage actor, wouldn't they? Hollywood actors are all about multiple takes while you've got a hidden speaker in your ear telling you your next line. With stage actors they've got one chance to do it right, and even if somebody else messes up, they've got to improv something and roll with it.

Jeez don't you know the news is all prerecorded on a sound stage? They've got plenty of takes, and they only let us sheeple hear about the news once they've got the final take in for distribution!

Anyone who catches the crisis actors messing up live is shot and replaced by another crisis actor in post production!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Helsing posted:

But if people actually died then it could happen to you or someone you love

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ziv Zulander posted:

That was just Marlon Brando, I think. Good film actors do a lot of improv.

Funny enough, Al Pacino ended up needing an earpiece when he went on stage recently.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

fishmech posted:

Jeez don't you know the news is all prerecorded on a sound stage? They've got plenty of takes, and they only let us sheeple hear about the news once they've got the final take in for distribution!

It's really this.

Lots of hardcore conspiracy types don't have the good bright line between reality and fiction. And people talk about that a lot in terms of them confusing fiction with reality (if something happens in a fictional movie that explains something in their dumb conspiracy that will instantly be adopted like it's a real thing zero questions asked) but it goes both directions and things that are real events will be written off as "it's just a movie" no matter how clearly not a movie it is. Like it's beyond just seeing fictional things and not getting it's fictional, they see the whole landscape of all media as like a big mystery where some is documentary and some is fictional all in a big pile and they just have to work it out at random which is which.

asking why a school shooting would be actors is like asking why jurassic park is actors. Some stuff is real and some is actors and no one really knows which is which and you can only guess and look for clues. (or something, it's very dumb thinking)

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

BiggerBoat posted:

So you're saying this theory is crazy and Q-anons make no loving sense?

hm.

It does stand out as a bit unusual even for them, though. Usually when I've seen crisis actor nonsense posted in the past, it's at least people of reasonably similar builds (although, owing to the faceblindness issues, often totally different faces). Schumer being Ford is a step beyond.

Plus, as I said, it's not necessary the way crisis actor stories usually are. Creating nonsense about crisis actors is necessary for something like Sandy Hook because they refuse to believe gun violence is real, but the story in question relies upon more than simply one witness/victim who's testimony can be dismissed. If you want to pretend that Sandy Hook isn't a thing that happened, then you need to invent crisis actors or something similarly absurd. But there's no such need with Kavanaugh and Ford. If you want to pretend that Kavanaugh is innocent, then all you have to do is what most mainstream Republicans are doing and just say that Ford is lying and/or mistaken. Making it so that Ford doesn't even exist and is in fact a crisis actor serves no purpose. Even if you want to pretend she's in the pocket of (((Soros))) or whatever, you can just accuse her of that. There is literally no purpose I can see that making her a crisis actor serves.

And that's what really stands out as odd to me. The lack of resemblance to Schumer was just idle musing, but the fact they made this story up at all is what strikes me as odd. Usually with conspiracy theory stuff, even the ones as absurd as Qanon, there is a clear purpose behind at least the major claims. Like with everything in Qanon so far, the purpose is pretty clearly a need to deny reality and invent stories about how/why the new Holocaust hasn't happened in spite of Trump's election. And everything they say and claim either directly serves that purpose, or serves to help explain/justify the other claims that do. But, as noted, there's absolutely no need for crisis actors here. You can just say Ford is a liar (either because the redpill says all women are liars, or because she's a politically motivated Demonrat agent) or that she's mistaken. You don't need to deny the existence of Ford as a person.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
You're thinking way too hard about it.

They already believe there are crisis actors portraying all sorts of poo poo constantly. Once you believe that most news is faked by actors on a stage somewhere, why wouldn't the woman accusing Trump's pick of being a rapist be a crisis actor too? Why would They go to the trouble of finding a non actor to say it when it's a lie anyway?

Most of the Qanon types aren't buying into this, because they already discard the crisis actor thing in general since they aren't faceblind and also don't care enough to go along with those who are faceblind anyway. But the ones who are true believers have no reason not to believe in it.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

It does stand out as a bit unusual even for them, though. Usually when I've seen crisis actor nonsense posted in the past, it's at least people of reasonably similar builds (although, owing to the faceblindness issues, often totally different faces). Schumer being Ford is a step beyond.

Plus, as I said, it's not necessary the way crisis actor stories usually are. Creating nonsense about crisis actors is necessary for something like Sandy Hook because they refuse to believe gun violence is real, but the story in question relies upon more than simply one witness/victim who's testimony can be dismissed. If you want to pretend that Sandy Hook isn't a thing that happened, then you need to invent crisis actors or something similarly absurd. But there's no such need with Kavanaugh and Ford. If you want to pretend that Kavanaugh is innocent, then all you have to do is what most mainstream Republicans are doing and just say that Ford is lying and/or mistaken. Making it so that Ford doesn't even exist and is in fact a crisis actor serves no purpose. Even if you want to pretend she's in the pocket of (((Soros))) or whatever, you can just accuse her of that. There is literally no purpose I can see that making her a crisis actor serves.

And that's what really stands out as odd to me. The lack of resemblance to Schumer was just idle musing, but the fact they made this story up at all is what strikes me as odd. Usually with conspiracy theory stuff, even the ones as absurd as Qanon, there is a clear purpose behind at least the major claims. Like with everything in Qanon so far, the purpose is pretty clearly a need to deny reality and invent stories about how/why the new Holocaust hasn't happened in spite of Trump's election. And everything they say and claim either directly serves that purpose, or serves to help explain/justify the other claims that do. But, as noted, there's absolutely no need for crisis actors here. You can just say Ford is a liar (either because the redpill says all women are liars, or because she's a politically motivated Demonrat agent) or that she's mistaken. You don't need to deny the existence of Ford as a person.

It really is like asking why they would use an actor in a restaurant scene in a tv show when they could just film a restaurant. Some people are very blurry on what fiction is and what real is.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

You're overthinking them.

This person hates the poo poo out of Amy Schumer and needs something to be her fault to keep hating her.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I skimmed the past few posts and thought you were talking about Chuck Schumer there for a second. Like he just threw on a blonde wig or something.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Chuck is her uncle or something.

Best Korea
Feb 15, 2012

And back to its very beginnings. The earliest crisis actors claims involved well known celebrities playing the parts of everyone involved in Sandy Hook.
For example: http://burnlistblog.blogspot.com/2013/03/blog-post_2.html?view=classic
Once it started to gain traction in the conspiracy community and picked up by people like Alex Jones that part got dropped.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

EdithUpwards posted:

You're overthinking them.

This person hates the poo poo out of Amy Schumer and needs something to be her fault to keep hating her.

Probably don't even hate her, just the idea of her, a feminist comic who says "Muh vagina" like Eric Cartman.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

EdithUpwards posted:

He'll be accusing Alyssa Milano of being an assassin soon, so there's that to look forward to.
This is the funniest twist in all this fantastical nonsense in a while, and it's apparently led to Noted Idiot Thomas Wictor being banned off Twitter.

If anyone wants a synopsis of this dumbassery: https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/alyssa-milano-brett-kavanaugh-twitter-conspiracy/

I'm sure this will be tied into Q within a week somehow.

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Helsing posted:

It must be an appeal so strong it can overcome the self evident insanity of somehow believing in an all powerful totalitarian government, but simultaneously believing that government (for some reason) would abstain from conducting actual massacres and would instead conduct fakes one for... reasons?

When I've pressed some nutters on this, 90% of the time they just avoid it but when they do engage the usual defences are the fakery has some kind of occult\ritual significance to the Satanists or that by mixing up the fakes with the real they are showing confusion so us sheep won't be able to tell the difference. I have noticed though that if someone believes one crisis actor\hoax theory then they tend to think every event that hits the news is fake.
I think I mentioned before a guy on the david icke forums who was convinced the illuminati was faking minor, low speed bus crashes in minor towns in the uk for some reason..

Also, having a quick scan of the Icke forums, they really hadn't jumped on the Q band wagon. I think Q is a very US centric thing. They were all over 9\11 truth, Obama as the antichrist, michelle is a tranny, etc. But Trump and Q seem a step to far for your UK based conspiracist.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Zero_Grade posted:

This is the funniest twist in all this fantastical nonsense in a while, and it's apparently led to Noted Idiot Thomas Wictor being banned off Twitter.

If anyone wants a synopsis of this dumbassery: https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/alyssa-milano-brett-kavanaugh-twitter-conspiracy/

I'm sure this will be tied into Q within a week somehow.

I'm sure she's scheduled for a military tribunal.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Starving Wolf posted:

I've been involved in assorted conspiracy communities since I was a teen, and I can tell you one thing - flat earthers basically didn't exist 10-15 years ago. There was always a very small minority of them, mostly used as the butt of jokes by other conspiracy theorists, but they never had the same prominent presence they do today. I have no idea what caused this surge. I suspect that, like Q, it was some kind of joke that got out of hand.
I don't even understand its appeal. Conspiracy theories are often not about what you can prove, but what you can't disprove. it's about clinging to bits of data and extrapolating entire alternate sets out of them. But there's no shred of data the flat earther cling to, and their entire theory can be disproven with a 15 minutes plane ride; it's just "nope, your science is wrong, bucko!" over and over again. Even religions have to make concessions and excuses when their data sets contrast with reality. Like, the idea that dinosaur bones were planted by the devil, or that they're of creatures exterminated by the Flood is at least admitting that dinosaur bones exist.

I think there's a few reasons why flat earth has suddenly surged in the past few years:

• There's no barrier to entry to broadcasting yourself; it's exceptionally cheap to put out hours and hours of semi-professional-looking audiovisual material now, especially if you can build up a following and use that to subsidize yourself through ads or donations
  • There's no proprietary knowledge or information; every flat earth youtube channel is constantly copying off all the others or posting reaction videos, and lacking credentials and not showing your work are boons rather than flaws, so there's a ton of material available now
  • It's a theory that dovetails well with almost every other theory (except for aliens/UFOs); it basically boils down to "every scientist and teacher and expert is deliberately lying to you about everything to deny you your birthright", which is a thread that runs through groups as diverse as alt-medicine, 9/11 truth, creationism, Hoteps and white nationalism
  • The planet and our solar system are so large that it's hard to have an intuitive grasp of how they work from a human scale perspective, especially the concept that gravity is not a universal "down"
  • Every conspiracy theory is about how the believers have secret information that gives them special insight into the workings of the world, and "literally everything you know about physical reality is wrong" is a pretty big and tempting secret
  • The general balkanization of online communities and the rise of "it's only true if I want to believe it" type thinking

The Chairman fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Oct 1, 2018

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

According to flat earthers what is the incentive behind the cover up? What would be different if everyone knew the earth was flat?

Illuminti posted:

When I've pressed some nutters on this, 90% of the time they just avoid it but when they do engage the usual defences are the fakery has some kind of occult\ritual significance to the Satanists or that by mixing up the fakes with the real they are showing confusion so us sheep won't be able to tell the difference. I have noticed though that if someone believes one crisis actor\hoax theory then they tend to think every event that hits the news is fake.
I think I mentioned before a guy on the david icke forums who was convinced the illuminati was faking minor, low speed bus crashes in minor towns in the uk for some reason..

Also, having a quick scan of the Icke forums, they really hadn't jumped on the Q band wagon. I think Q is a very US centric thing. They were all over 9\11 truth, Obama as the antichrist, michelle is a tranny, etc. But Trump and Q seem a step to far for your UK based conspiracist.

I think Owlofcreamcheese is likely correct that most of this comes from a much deeper confusion about how to distinguish real and fake media sources.

Also, regarding why Q specifically has caught on so quickly in the US (other than it being so US-centric): it seems like there's an unusual degree of overlap in 'Murica between outright grifters and political operatives. I don't know if its the decentralized nature of politics or just the 'paranoid tendency in US politics' rearing its head again but US conservatives have always seemed especially inclined toward peddling extreme conspiracy theories that are both highly profitable to the people advocating them and also politically useful to politicians who can capitalize on them.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm sorry, but what's a Hotep?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Helsing posted:

According to flat earthers what is the incentive behind the cover up? What would be different if everyone knew the earth was flat?

According to the a Flat Earth Society website, it's not an organized coverup, everyone else is just wrong and stupid except them. Your elementary school teacher wasn't part of the cabal, she is just a sheep teaching you what she was taught.

As for governments, NASA, etc: space travel isn't real they're just embezzling the money. They fake pictures of Earth/the planets in order to cover up the theft of all the tax money ostensibly spent on space stuff, but they don't know the Earth is flat, they just think the Earth is round like everyone else does so when they fake pictures of Earth they make it look round.

https://wiki.tfes.org/Frequently_Asked_Questions#People_have_been_into_space._How_have_they_not_discovered_that_the_earth_is_flat.3F

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Oct 1, 2018