Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
I did it, I caved and bought the Gold Edition so I can play on Tuesday.

Remember when the PC versions were delayed by a month? Barbaric.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I checked out YouTube to see if people had gotten early review copies and almost every person playing is using Alexios

sigh...

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Carlosologist posted:

I checked out YouTube to see if people had gotten early review copies and almost every person playing is using Alexios

sigh...

I think you'll find, as I've been informed by many YouTube comments, that anyone who would play as Kassandra or any woman in any game, is a SJW cuck bitch :eng101:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Carlosologist posted:

sigh...

really? that sucks. i have seen a bunch of Cassandras on my feed.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Between this and RDRs horse balls its truly a golden age of gaming

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Does this mean everyone who streams the game on Twitch or posts a video of doing this gets banned?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Lunethex posted:

Does this mean everyone who streams the game on Twitch or posts a video of doing this gets banned?

i don't think so. i feel like that falls into the "artistic nudity in sculpture is ok" thing which is sorta ok in the US.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
But they censored statues in Origins discovery mode :thunk:

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Lunethex posted:

But they censored statues in Origins discovery mode :thunk:

cause what if all the school kids who will totally use it see a dong

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
You can mix and match different outfit bits, we're gonna need a Fashions Creed thread.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ainsley McTree posted:

Between this and RDRs horse balls its truly a golden age of gaming

Is that horse balls thing actually real? I thought Rockstar was joking about that.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Supreme Allah posted:

You can mix and match different outfit bits, we're gonna need a Fashions Creed thread.

sweet

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Is that horse balls thing actually real? I thought Rockstar was joking about that.

dunno but i choose to believe

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I'm pretty sure a hilarious consequence of this is that all the user screenshots on the Steam store page are now blocked for mature content warnings.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

I said come in! posted:

After playing GTAV I will believe anything. The attention to detail on that game is absolutely autistic levels of unreal.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Here is a video of all the Legendary armor sets in the game, which all give a bonus for the full set being equipped. He doesn't actually tell you how or where to get them but obviously for some people this is still a massive spoiler so own best judgement etc etc.

Disclaimer aside, they all look sick as hell.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
What I've seen so far of Odyssey looks really interesting, but I haven't played an AssCreed game after Revelations. Have the devs talked about how thick the modern era plotline will be? And if the story will be friendly to newcomers?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Raygereio posted:

What I've seen so far of Odyssey looks really interesting, but I haven't played an AssCreed game after Revelations. Have the devs talked about how thick the modern era plotline will be? And if the story will be friendly to newcomers?

AFAIK they haven't really talked about it. If Origins is any indication it'll occasionally pull you out of your history murder to have the new modern day character(s) chat for about five seconds, after which you can almost always immediately go back in the Animus and tell them to go gently caress themselves.

As for the story in the main game, again if Origins is any indication it'll probably still have the same Rule The World overtones AC always has but since it's based before the Assassin Order was created and potentially even before the Templars, it'll probably be pretty standalone.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Any good discounts going on this right now? Apparently I already used my uplay 20% off coupon, though I dont remember doing so.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Any good discounts going on this right now? Apparently I already used my uplay 20% off coupon, though I dont remember doing so.

15% off all versions at greenmangaming atm. If you wait a week after launch you may be able to get it for 20% from there too.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Dang, 15% is kind of a weak preorder discount. Guess I'm gonna wait and see. Game lookin good though.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Well, I preordered but that's probably the last one.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Orv posted:

Here is a video of all the Legendary armor sets in the game, which all give a bonus for the full set being equipped. He doesn't actually tell you how or where to get them but obviously for some people this is still a massive spoiler so own best judgement etc etc.

Disclaimer aside, they all look sick as hell.

I hope they're bringing back equippable skins, and the crazier the better. Running around as an undead mummy or flaming Anubis avatar really helped break up the moment-to-moment monotony in Origins.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Kuiperdolin posted:

Well, I preordered but that's probably the last one.
gamer says nervously for the 74th time

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
So has anyone braver than me watched enough of the streams to have early impressions?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

PantsBandit posted:

So has anyone braver than me watched enough of the streams to have early impressions?

It's fine. Origins, but greek.

Orv
May 4, 2011

PantsBandit posted:

It is very much the Rogue to Origins. Refinements, improvements, some small but meaningful steps on the road of "Let's make AC a full RPG" and a new setting. Given the size and content it's a good thing they'll be taking another year off.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
synching up to the giant cock

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I watched a whole bunch of previews from Shadow of the Tomb Raider and the game's first few hours didn't offer many surprises as a result, so I'm trying to keep myself more in the dark this time. I don't think I've clicked on a single video of new footage since that Medusa battle.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

I watched a whole bunch of previews from Shadow of the Tomb Raider and the game's first few hours didn't offer many surprises as a result, so I'm trying to keep myself more in the dark this time. I don't think I've clicked on a single video of new footage since that Medusa battle.

I'll be surprised if it's anything other than Origins with the new gameplay sections we've been shown (ship and beach battles) and the occasional special boss battle.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I mostly meant the environments, the opening combat encounters, the weapons and outfits, the first bits of dialogue choices, etc. I enjoy the novelty of experiencing all those things for the first time but I also like to read absolutely everything about a game prior to its release... a very tense situation! This time I'm just trying to be patient and avoid spoiling myself.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Actually I'm really just hoping that they've done a load of engine optimisation over the last year.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Orv posted:

It is very much the Rogue to Origins. Refinements, improvements, some small but meaningful steps on the road of "Let's make AC a full RPG" and a new setting. Given the size and content it's a good thing they'll be taking another year off.

I guess my main question would be: does the writing (both in general and for the mcs) seems like it's held up, or has it suffered due to the quick turn around time?

Orv
May 4, 2011

PantsBandit posted:

I guess my main question would be: does the writing (both in general and for the mcs) seems like it's held up, or has it suffered due to the quick turn around time?

I haven't really seen enough story and quest stuff to say or not. I've mostly been watching gameplay and trying not to spoil myself on the side quests and plot because they were actually pretty good in Origins. Also it's not like the game was made in a year, it's a quicker turnaround time than some things but it was made at least somewhat in parallel to Origins.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i tried to start ac: origins the other night and am i alone in thinking that it looks like something scraped out of a litterbox

there's enough pop-in that i thought my download had been corrupted or something

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Lunethex posted:

Twitch is totally fine with anything that's in an AAA game, like nude scenes in a Witcher or strippers in a GTA

Orv
May 4, 2011
Their rule for in-game nudity is that as long as it's not the focus of your stream they don't care if it shows up.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Oxxidation posted:

i tried to start ac: origins the other night and am i alone in thinking that it looks like something scraped out of a litterbox

there's enough pop-in that i thought my download had been corrupted or something

try setting the graphics to high and using a resolution higher than 1024x768

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Jeff Gerstmann was hanging from the dick and the character said "I probably shouldn't be doing this."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Uninstalled Syndicate at 70% without beating it. The game feels incredibly off with how it goes through the motions. Ned Wynert randomly shows up, gives me his card, and then fucks off all in the space of 30 seconds. I think it's a mistake to have fictional-gangsters interact with famous-historical people whose lives where very well documented. Black Flag felt natural since Edward bumbled around with pirates doing pirate-stuff, but I find it both weird that Charles Darwin was an anti-drug vigilante.

Question about Origins for when it's under 20 bucks:

Are there 700 collectibles crowding the map?

Did they finally undo the sin of Brotherhood by ditching full-sync?

How much side-content isn't level-locked?

Is every merchant the same?

How well does it clone the Witcher 3?

How is the stealth compared to the Phantom Pain?

Is the story still choppy as hell like previous titles?