Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I was hoping a thread regular would pick up that code I posted earlier but I guess it got sniped :(

Also lol I got Humbled again and wanted to give away this copy of Overwatch but it only works by linking b.net accounts so I can't even do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

now this fits my mental image of lara croft

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Colonel posted:

edward roivas' chapter in eternal darkness is pure loving rear end but they're immediately following it up with a chapter where the DARPA chief from mgs1 voices a fireman who goes around smacking eldritch monsters with an axe so that's cool

That game was so loving good it hurts

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Actual game news!

Bungie just registered a trademark on 'Matter'
https://euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/017962508

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

spoiler warning: it won't

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'll laugh if it's a Splatoon clone

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Myth spiritual sequel 🤞🏾

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Grapplejack posted:

lmfao

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is Bungie done with Destiny?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Grapplejack posted:

:drat:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is Bungie done with Destiny?

Everyone else is

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Really Pants posted:

she can't put on two crowns, that's just stupid

PUT CROWNS ON HER BOOBS

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Sep 30, 2018

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

That a dude or a chick?..

The off-centre goatee says male
But the lips come off female

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Infinitum posted:

That a dude or a chick?..

The off-centre goatee says male
But the lips come off female

bucketette

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's pronounced bouqette dear

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Krazyface posted:

What about Bowsette-ette, and it's like a hotter version of bowsette

Please do not recursively crown, you'll cause a space-time collapse.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Now that I'm a few levels deep into Elebits I feel comfortable saying that this is the first game to really nail motion controls. It's not only a game that does them well, it's a game that couldn't exist without motion controls as well. The gameplay itself is all rather frantic but it's quite exciting to be flinging your stuff all over the room while a timer stressfully counts down. It's like they've gamified me getting ready for work each morning.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah, it was a really good early showing of what you could do with the wii, everyone was like "oh well if this is what motion controls are going to be like then sick". and then they were never like that again (until VR)

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Infinitum posted:

It's pronounced bouqette dear

*lols britishly*

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/ne0bunny/status/1046034528622522368

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

codenameFANGIO posted:

*lols britishly*

Ayyyyyy I'm glad someone got it

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Infinitum posted:

Why the gently caress would anyone dress up as Trump's Dick for Halloween? :confused:

Dressing up as dick to own the libs.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox7En_cYAa8

That's a loooooootta money

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Man if I had that kind of cash I'd be way more sensible with it

I'd put a Point Blank machine in the arcade section. Seriously, that's a rookie error

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The Colonel posted:

edward roivas' chapter in eternal darkness is pure loving rear end but they're immediately following it up with a chapter where the DARPA chief from mgs1 voices a fireman who goes around smacking eldritch monsters with an axe so that's cool

I have no clue why more games don't let you have an enchanted assault rifle/grenade launcher

it's such an obvious idea

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I see Gears of War collectible releases have already been placed in the fireplace for later burning.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Was the SotN/Rondo of Blood pack get officially announced? I wonder how much it’s going to cost. I put my play through on pause at 25% when I saw the news but then I watched a speed run and now I’ve got the itch.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

LawfulWaffle posted:

Was the SotN/Rondo of Blood pack get officially announced? I wonder how much it’s going to cost. I put my play through on pause at 25% when I saw the news but then I watched a speed run and now I’ve got the itch.

$20 bucks, out just before Halloween

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hello

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hi FAK, how you doing today?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm okay.

I don't think I had any nightmares last night so that's good.

Gotta head out sometime today to pick up milk.

KCB attended physical therapy on Friday to help with her positional vertigo and after having to keep her head level and not looking down for pretty much until 8 AM on Saturday, she's been feeling pretty damned good. She still gets a bit dizzy but it's nowhere near as much as before so we celebrated her feeling better by heading out town for a bit. We hit up a nice gaming shop out of town and they were doing a magic the gathering thing because I guess maybe there was a new booster set out or something, but we don't play magic, we just sat down and played some one-deck dungeon which is a good card game that I recommend to anybody who is interested in a 1 to 2 player cooperative card game, though imo it works far better in 2 player than 1 player since you've got twice the brainpower trying to figure stuff out instead of 1 person trying to balance their character for each potential situation.

Not much else is happening at the moment. There's this company called the Mysterious Package Company that has these rather expensive "experiences" where you purchase it and they send some letters to you that try to get you involved into some story, stuff like "hey you have a lost relative" or things like that, before the letters and contents get more paranormal and end with a crate containing some kind of artifact related to the experience as a discussion piece. They did a collaboration with the McElroy brothers for the Adventure Zone where you could get a package that is a "correspondence school" for Travis McElroy's D&D wizard, Taako, and it was pretty neat. You get a package in the mail containing 5 puzzles and the puzzles were all pretty fun and interesting except for the 4th one which was really awful and terrible because it was completely trial and error. You would solve puzzles to get runes that get put into a website that then plays audio of Travis telling you what you need to do next and it was cool and then we go a package the following week containing the neat little physical object related to the whole thing (though you would receive this package whether you finished the puzzle or not so it's not like they withhold the next package until you go through the first one and not all of their experiences are as interactive as the McElroy Adventure Zone one).

We have some kickstarters that we backed as well, she let me back Tiny Epic Mechs which is this cute little game where the players try to fight each other in an arena using power suits and it's a programming game so everyone picks like 4 or 5 actions blindly at the start of their turn and then take turns revealing their actions in sequence and see how the round plays out.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coe/tiny-epic-mechs-mechanized-entertainment-combat-he

Also there's a goon who put up a preview for their upcoming kickstarter "Americana" which is a tabletop game where everyone is playing in a fantasy high school version of the 50s trying to solve the mystery of who murdered your best friend. The goon in question had recently run a silly kickstarter for another game, Orc Stabr, that had its own ARG and everything and it was largely a comedy kickstarter but it delivered in a lot of ways and it's an actual game that exists too so that's fun.

There are some other projects we backed and are following right now but those are the 2 most recent things that have interested us (though Americana's not actually up to be backed yet, it's just in the preview stage). There's this neat-looking beekeeping game where you run a beehive and protect it from disease and other beehives and it looks kinda neat and it's some other goon's pride and joy since I guess he's a beekeeper himself and he wanted to make a game about beekeeping but I don't know if I'd actually enjoy playing that game too much, like it looks kinda fun but I am also on the fence about it because... well, I dunno, I don't have much experience with the worker placement genre of board games and the game looks a little bit busy (although I imagine that's the point and is pretty theme-appropriate).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/580070528/bee-lives-we-will-only-know-summer

That's basically everything interesting in my neck of the woods. Things are calming down, I've pretty much won my disability case so once that gets confirmed I can get rid of my student loans since they're forgiven if you provide proof of a letter of disability and I can start bringing some money into the household and not feeling like a poo poo about that and so I can start paying for important stuff like bills and rent and gas and car insurance so that KCB can buy things she wants to buy without having to worry so much about her job or how the bppv has prevented her from regularly attending work for the past month now.

I hope everybody is having a good day and I apologize for the image spam. I'm just happy is all because things have settled down for the time being and I don't have any kind of Damocletian threat looming overhead so we can rest for a little bit.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

I was thinking three things watching this

One: This guy likes Xbox and... Gears of War (:wtc:) way too much
Two: His entire setup is a failure because he doesn't have a dedicated shrine room for god's perfect console, the Nintendo Switch
Three: That collection would not be worth all the dusting it would require

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I have reached a real breakthrough in Dark Souls and I think I am finally going to beat it. I found a weird shortcut to Blighttown I had never found before and it broke the game open wide for me and now I finally believe in myself. At last, I justify purchasing all of these Souls games.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Is Shadow of War any good, now that the microtransactions are out? It's on sale for 17$ this weekend, and the demo is 50GB.

codenameFANGIO posted:

I have reached a real breakthrough in Dark Souls and I think I am finally going to beat it. I found a weird shortcut to Blighttown I had never found before and it broke the game open wide for me and now I finally believe in myself. At last, I justify purchasing all of these Souls games.

I know Souls has kind of worn out its welcome but I hope you succeed and get to fully enjoy the series.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

codenameFANGIO posted:

Just remember that even if you go through blighttown through the shortcut you should still go to the depths to pick up the large ember

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

In Training posted:

its a really fun Co Op game

RE5 is a blast to play with a friend. But I'll be forever salted that Sheva doesn't switch out with Jill for the last bit and final showdown with Wesker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Andrast posted:

Just remember that even if you go through blighttown through the shortcut you should still go to the depths to pick up the large ember

I spent way too long in Blighttown and poked through every corner and found every drat thing I could and farmed a bunch of titanite from the slugs there and descended into the Depths like an avatar of murder with my Raw Halberd +5. That dragonmouth is dead, as hell. Right now I can go like three directions besides Sen’s Fortress and I can kill some awesome stuff and I just have to decide what I want to do. It owns.

Relax Or DIE posted:

I know Souls has kind of worn out its welcome but I hope you succeed and get to fully enjoy the series.

Thanks. I’ve only played Bloodborne, so I have not been burned out yet and I am going to destroy them all.

• Locked thread