Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

Their argument was baseless because they couldn't prove their injuries were directly because of working for WWE and not other companies.

No, that wasn't the situation at all. Their lawsuit was thrown out due to the statute of limitations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

God bless America.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
WWE wrestlers will unionize just in time for the SCOTUS to rule that unions are illegal

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://twitter.com/WWECesaro/status/1045892407689138176?s=19

Abroham Lincoln fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Sep 29, 2018

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
You know, if Sheamus ever retires due to spinal stenosis and they don't want to give him a singles run, bringing back the Kings would be sick

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

This would have Ohno on the main roster or Cesaro back in NXT and honestly, I'd be fine with either.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Your Parents posted:

and they don't want to give him a singles run

Think that's a pretty safe bet.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

using the Kings to round out NXT would be a waste, imo. They've already got tons of good talent. If there was an alternate reality where common sense ruled, they'd be part of PPV preshows where internet darlings would pop the crowd and maybe catch the writing team's eye.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Here's the thing though:

Kings.

Reign.

Supreme!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Jerusalem posted:

Here's the thing though:

Kings.

Reigns.

Supreme!

Oh, so feed them to Roman? Sounds good!

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Overall The Bar's run has been solid enough, but Cesaro is a good example of a dude who's been hurt by all these years of Reigns and the Shield. Harper, Cesaro, Big E, Kofi, any of those getting some real main event runtime could be so much fun.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Cesaro will one day rebel against his godawful booking and commit the ultimate sin; demanding that he be called by his full name!!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Has it ever been mentioned as to why Cesaro has never been a top guy in WWE? He's a handsome dude and he's strong as gently caress which is pretty much all Vince cares about and can usually get a good match out of most people.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Has it ever been mentioned as to why Cesaro has never been a top guy in WWE? He's a handsome dude and he's strong as gently caress which is pretty much all Vince cares about and can usually get a good match out of most people.

he has an accent and he's bad on the microphone and he's old

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Talks funny, mispoke in a promo once.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The one time that volcano incident while half the brand was on tour elsewhere caused a live Raw to happen with a skeleton crew, they had to fish for time so a couple people got to do promos they came up with instead of fully scripted ones for the first time in a long time. The result was Ryback talking about his love of The Secret and Cesaro tripping over himself with "four ropes...corners"

Him not being good at promos could have been overcome with a manager, but then his run with Heyman flopped, and between Heyman being the only manager they really consistently had and Heyman usually being good at selling people as worth paying attention to and definitely better at it than any other manager they've had in a while, they never tried that again. (This decision I really thought sucked because every time Heyman and Cesaro were onscreen together Heyman would mostly hype up Brock, who wasn't there because why would he be on the show or watch the show)

Most of his best work in the company has undeniably been in the tag scene, which also hit a snag when Kidd got hurt. Honestly Cesaro's pretty lucky the best-of-7 feud with Sheamus ended in them being a random tag team that actually worked very well. He was in Kofi-pre-New-Day mode where they just didn't have anything else for him after Kidd's injury, and I don't necessarily think this was his last chance at consistent TV time/bookings but I wouldn't be surprised if it was

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Mr. Carlisle posted:

He didn't grab the brass ring.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Vince said on that Stone Cold show way back that "maybe he's too Swiss"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjJdTf5QdF8

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Baron Corbin posted:

he has an accent and he's bad on the microphone and he's old

NienNunb posted:

Talks funny, mispoke in a promo once.

Chris James 2 posted:

The one time that volcano incident while half the brand was on tour elsewhere caused a live Raw to happen with a skeleton crew, they had to fish for time so a couple people got to do promos they came up with instead of fully scripted ones for the first time in a long time. The result was Ryback talking about his love of The Secret and Cesaro tripping over himself with "four ropes...corners"

Him not being good at promos could have been overcome with a manager, but then his run with Heyman flopped, and between Heyman being the only manager they really consistently had and Heyman usually being good at selling people as worth paying attention to and definitely better at it than any other manager they've had in a while, they never tried that again. (This decision I really thought sucked because every time Heyman and Cesaro were onscreen together Heyman would mostly hype up Brock, who wasn't there because why would he be on the show or watch the show)

Most of his best work in the company has undeniably been in the tag scene, which also hit a snag when Kidd got hurt. Honestly Cesaro's pretty lucky the best-of-7 feud with Sheamus ended in them being a random tag team that actually worked very well. He was in Kofi-pre-New-Day mode where they just didn't have anything else for him after Kidd's injury, and I don't necessarily think this was his last chance at consistent TV time/bookings but I wouldn't be surprised if it was

forkboy84 posted:

He didn't grab the brass ring.

I appreciate the responses and all the details you took the time to post CJ2

I'm glad Cesaro kinda found his groove but he just always has seemed like a guy that would do just fine at the top

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

DM Punk posted:

Vince said on that Stone Cold show way back that "maybe he's too Swiss"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjJdTf5QdF8

Amazing that Vince opens that video with "The audience makes or breaks a star. You can put all the money and resources behind him you want but if the audience doesn't believe in him it ain't gonna happen."

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I appreciate the responses and all the details you took the time to post CJ2

I'm glad Cesaro kinda found his groove but he just always has seemed like a guy that would do just fine at the top

I wish he'd go to ROH as their top guy. Certainly their crowd would accept him as a main eventer.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

He needs to bring back the Swiss money holding look

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Amazing that Vince opens that video with "The audience makes or breaks a star. You can put all the money and resources behind him you want but if the audience doesn't believe in him it ain't gonna happen."

Vince was full of poo poo that entire interview and SC knew it but didn’t want to push too hard after a while. He was full on Donald Trump style alternative reality with the poo poo he was saying at some points

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

coconono posted:

using the Kings to round out NXT would be a waste, imo. They've already got tons of good talent. If there was an alternate reality where common sense ruled, they'd be part of PPV preshows where internet darlings would pop the crowd and maybe catch the writing team's eye.

Even in an alternate WWE universe, the Kings would still be curtain jerking.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Jenkem Delivery posted:

He needs to bring back the Swiss money holding look

Very European Cesaro would be a very fun run.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TV Zombie posted:

Even in an alternate WWE universe, the Kings would still be curtain jerking.

Roman is over in all universes. The only other constant is the gradual march towards oblivion.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Cesaro should certainly be higher on the card than he is. Based on both overness, and wrestling ability.

But given what a goofy happy go lucky fellow he seems to be, he seems happy enough where he is, playing his silly mobile phone video games, and hanging out with his mates.

So good luck to the tall, muscular, handsome, popular, great wrestler that the WWE can't seem to find a use for.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I wish they would do some more Austin interviews for the network.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

What was she talking about here again?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

jesus WEP posted:

What was she talking about here again?

Her insane family, probably

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

there were no pure thoughts going through Austin’s head that entire interview

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Normally I'd say Rollins should be sending him a christmas gift every year but it started with "The way Cornette tells it" which is almost as reliable as "According to Hulk Hogan"
Whatever you think of Cornette's views on current wrestling among other things, he really doesn't have a reputation for dishonesty about this kind of thing at all.

MassRafTer posted:

Please hack VB so the thread title can fit this entire tweet.

https://twitter.com/TerryBrunk/status/1044012913428619264
Might as use this as an opportunity to tell a story.

4 years ago, the second article I wrote for Fighting Spirit Magazine was about the 20th anniversary of ECW's The Night The Line Was Crossed show. Brian Elliott put me in touch with Sabu, and while he was actually tremendously insightful about wrestling itself, there was one incredibly awkward moment. I'm paraphrasing since I don't think I have the recording anymore, but it was something like this:

"So Paul E's a queer, and he was in love with me..."

I tried to move on ASAP and the rest of the interview was fine, more or less.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/WillOspreay/status/1046145241642913792

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Blasmeister posted:

Her insane family, probably

Her family really aren’t insane, they’re just a relatively normal working class British family.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Gaz2k21 posted:

Her family really aren’t insane, they’re just a relatively normal working class British family.

Footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzXGhZebNOo

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

davidbix posted:

Whatever you think of Cornette's views on current wrestling among other things, he really doesn't have a reputation for dishonesty about this kind of thing at all.

Yeah, I don't get the impression Cornette lies. I think Cornette views the world from solely his perspective and sees every experience he's ever had as someone out there somewhere trying to screw him over and that's going to shape his recollection and recounting of stories. But I don't think he makes up poo poo, at least more than the average person/wrestler does. And he seems to take pride on being a hoarder who has kept receipts and notes about everything.

But its possible I'm just a sucker for listening to the guy.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

davidbix posted:

That post was like two weeks ago and honestly I'd forgotten I even made it but I'm glad he's not at least completely full of poo poo

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Yeah, I disagree w/Corny on a lot of things, but I've never really gotten the sense that he's blatantly bullshitting people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

That post was like two weeks ago and honestly I'd forgotten I even made it but I'm glad he's not at least completely full of poo poo
I was catching up on this thread (though I thought I had read it more recently in spite of where the board told me I had unread posts). :)