Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

FrozenVent posted:

They haven’t released the game list and there’s nothing on there I have fond memories of so far :shrug:

A partial list includes, Jumping Jack Flash, FFVII, Wild Arms, Ridge Racer Type 4 and Tekken 3.

its a p good list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

*pshtt* we're getting counterarty into golf eight keypad 6 niner over *pshtt*

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

ElMaligno posted:

A partial list includes, Jumping Jack Flash, FFVII, Wild Arms, Ridge Racer Type 4 and Tekken 3.

its a p good list.

Any Jet Moto games?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

If there's no MGS or Tomb Raider they're crazy

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GlsKKeaCNA

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

FrozenVent posted:

They haven’t released the game list and there’s nothing on there I have fond memories of so far :shrug:

Yeah, same. Also the non-dualshock controller was really lovely even as a kid.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

luv dunking on dudes when they land nonchalantly near me

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Sep 22, 2018

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln4ej0h6MAw

oh.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I have a lot of questions. Number one. How dare you?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Hey kids, you ever design a video game...

...o̥̼̭̙̾̃̀̏́̓̌̿̕͟͡ͅṇ̨̞̘̙̝͔̾̆́̐̈́̊͜͞ w̨͇̻̦̩̹̤̄̽̒̈̃̃ͅé̼̘̬̹̬̜̱̂̒̔̀̕͡ͅe̴̢̪̲͈̤̫̹̤͉͑͒̓͋̓̌͜͞e̡͙̣͔̫̺͈̩̒̄͋͌́̂e̡͖̹̯̘̻͙̰͂̾͐͆̃́͜e̴̻͇̩͋̒̾̐̚͜͢ę̤̥͔͍͈̰̳̯̄̄̆̊̍͠è̸̢̱̩͕̞̤͉̉̑́̀͒̚͡͞e̴̻͕͓̺͍͎̙̳͖͛̆̽́͛e̵̙͔̰̲͇̪͐̿̂̅̃̈̾͝e̴̳͚̯̟͓͒̄͗̋̋̐͒̅͡͠ḏ̥̞̬͉̲͙̲̦̏͂̊́̀̈́

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Kojima made his own Dark Souls :stwoon:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

what in the ever living gently caress is this poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipexsV0j1gs

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

ded posted:

what in the ever living gently caress is this poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipexsV0j1gs

It looks like a game best enjoyed on youtube by someone who knows what they're doing. All the crazy story, none of the hard work or missing important bits.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

im buying it day 1

all hail kojima

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Which version do I preorder where I get to be one of Mads' Skeletal Lads

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
PS4 only? Heh. Guess I won't be playing it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ded posted:

PS4 only? Heh. Guess I won't be playing it.

yeah sony gave him hella money

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

M_Gargantua posted:

It looks like a game best enjoyed on youtube by someone who knows what they're doing. All the crazy story, none of the hard work or missing important bits.

:agreed:

That said I've been digging the hell out of the trailers for it.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

i loved mgsv but the weird anime poo poo was the worst part about it. I have zero interest in another ps only game

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i remember being blazed as balls running up the road to okb zero for the first time in the middle of the night while listening to ocelot talking about how rad soviet gunships are on one of the tapes and it was prolly the greatest moment of gaming in my life

so yeah im gonna take a week off of work, take a two week t-break beforehand, and smoke myself silly when it comes out

:toxx:

ill do a livethread too

idc kojima is the best and i love his stupid idiot manchild stories. the writing is horrible and its like candy to me. that and the baby trailer are the only things ive seen about the game, and im keeping it that way. im decent about avoiding spoilers with stuff i care about.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i remember being blazed as balls running up the road to okb zero for the first time in the middle of the night while listening to ocelot talking about how rad soviet gunships are on one of the tapes and it was prolly the greatest moment of gaming in my life

so yeah im gonna take a week off of work, take a two week t-break beforehand, and smoke myself silly when it comes out

:toxx:

ill do a livethread too

idc kojima is the best and i love his stupid idiot manchild stories. the writing is horrible and its like candy to me. that and the baby trailer are the only things ive seen about the game, and im keeping it that way. im decent about avoiding spoilers with stuff i care about.

Oh yeah it's guaranteed to be bizarre as gently caress but the game will be quintessentially Kojima. I'm definitely gonna buy it and play it.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Okami was one of those games I’ve always wanted to play but never got around to it. Picked it up on Switch and holy balls what a good game.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Have some dumb vids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArJF7EBQOfc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icUcNtsHit4

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
If you like driving cars, and especially driving them like a crazy rear end in a top hat, then Forza Horizon 4 is the perfect game for you.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

A Bad Poster posted:

If you like driving cars, and especially driving them like a crazy rear end in a top hat, then Forza Horizon 4 is the perfect game for you.

Is it better than Forza Horizon 3? drat game bored me to tears.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Was that 8 kills with the rpg in that first one?

A Bad Poster posted:

If you like driving cars in a simulation (and VR!) and have $200 to blow on a wheel and pedals get Assetto Corsa

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

M_Gargantua posted:

Was that 8 kills with the rpg in that first one?

I'm pretty sure it was 1 bugged shot, 1 for 3, 1 for 5. But with the delayed kill cam thing who knows.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Fallom posted:

Is it better than Forza Horizon 3? drat game bored me to tears.

It's kind of more of the same, but better looking and with much better online features. I use it as something to do while listening to podcasts, or drinking with friends, so ymmv

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Note to self: next time there's a glut of games, put one off to the side instead of playing it.

On the plus side, Steam now supports up to TEN tags I never want to see in a game, so it can filter out more garbage that I'll never play and instead show me garbage I'll have to look at the store page before going gently caress it.

Every time this happens I keep debating on getting into Elite: Dangerous though. Maybe this time I will.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Vasudus posted:

Every time this happens I keep debating on getting into Elite: Dangerous though. Maybe this time I will.

I have a buddy who plays a ton of that, has all the biggest ships in the game. He just smokes some weed and plays it like a space trucking sim.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

A Bad Poster posted:

I have a buddy who plays a ton of that, has all the biggest ships in the game. He just smokes some weed and plays it like a space trucking sim.

I played a mix of solo and light multiplayer (some co-op, cheapo parts trading/gifting, etc). It was rad as hell just having some beers and tunes and space trucking or space-fighting all over the galaxy, especially with a ship with good visibility and trackIR. Pretty gorgeous.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I got Frostpunk which seems pretty good so far. I'll probably maybe possibly get Elite at some point this week though. I need a good timesink.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.
Anyone else looking forward to Red Dead Redemption 2 at the end of the month?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

TCD posted:

Upgraded my ps4 hd because of it

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Vasudus posted:

I got Frostpunk which seems pretty good so far. I'll probably maybe possibly get Elite at some point this week though. I need a good timesink.

Frostpunk is great. But it’s only a few hours long.

Anyone got a PSVR? Worth the spend?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Dude McAwesome posted:

Frostpunk is great. But it’s only a few hours long.

Anyone got a PSVR? Worth the spend?

out of the choice between oculus, vive, and psvr i chose psvr

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Syrian Lannister posted:

Upgraded my ps4 hd because of it

oh poo poo I need to check the size of my HD

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

out of the choice between oculus, vive, and psvr i chose psvr

I figured I can drop 1k on Vive or significantly less on PSVR for what’ll effectively be the same gimmicky poo poo.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

TCD posted:

gently caress yeah dude my gf just pre-ordered a PS4 Pro/RDR2 Bundle

Can't wait to see these realistically deforming horse nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

TCD posted:

oh poo poo I need to check the size of my HD

Check amazon, I picked up the 2TB FireCuda for less then a hundred w taxes

e
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M1NHCZT/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1