Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Well can you blame them? She worked REALLY HARD on her Harry Potter costume, how dare that little kid win the contest!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Life would be infinitely better if people were just made and emerged as their adult selves

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

Years ago I used to read a lot of childfree drama (mostly on LJ) in my spare time, and I recall someone arguing that children should not be seen in public because they're proof that someone had sex. At what age a person magically stops being proof of sex was not clear.

oldpainless posted:

Life would be infinitely better if people were just made and emerged as their adult selves

More like oldchildhoodless

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

oldpainless posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXshYoUonN8&t=269s

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Haifisch posted:

Normal people only have so much to vent about and leave after a while. So the people who stick around as long-term members of the community are all the people who have nothing better to do than rail about "crotchspawn" and "breeders" all day.

*checks your reg date* hmmmmm...

*checks own reg date * oh noooooo

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

timefly posted:

There were no men on the childfree LiveJournal community that I remember and they still posted that poo poo constantly.

Byzantine posted:

I think you're stretching. Childfree poo poo is a reaction to heavy social pressure that if you're not married and cranking out kids by 25 you're broken. The constant nagging about "when are you giving us grandchildren?", that kind of thing.

I don't think I've ever seen one that was directed at a man, or even a couple, so regardless of why the poster is resentful the central element of those stories is still a woman's undeserved sexual agency. On top of that is all the overtly misogynist poo poo like describing them as "landwhales" or whatever else, but even without that misogyny is still absolutely central to the meme.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Byzantine posted:

I think you're stretching. Childfree poo poo is a reaction to heavy social pressure that if you're not married and cranking out kids by 25 you're broken. The constant nagging about "when are you giving us grandchildren?", that kind of thing.

It absolutely can be a reaction to that, but I the language that gets used is an indicator of internalised misogyny being at least a contributing factor. It's not just that they're railing against society, they're railing specifically against women, using dehumanizing language, and funnily enough, never seem to attack fathers as much as mothers.

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

bike tory posted:

I don't think I've ever seen one that was directed at a man, or even a couple, so regardless of why the poster is resentful the central element of those stories is still a woman's undeserved sexual agency. On top of that is all the overtly misogynist poo poo like describing them as "landwhales" or whatever else, but even without that misogyny is still absolutely central to the meme.

Oh yeah, definitely. I meant that not everyone you encounter using this totally disgusted-with-women tone is a guy; even the women on childfree communities 15 years ago were using the same misogynist clichés.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

timefly posted:

Oh yeah, definitely. I meant that not everyone you encounter using this totally disgusted-with-women tone is a guy; even the women on childfree communities 15 years ago were using the same misogynist clichés.

... Where is this supposed to have happened? At an assembly?

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Non Serviam posted:

In a world where 600 kids really love books but no one told them about the library before.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1039516090009698306?s=19

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Non Serviam posted:

They're in a library wondering who just scammed them out of a collective half million dollars.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Speaking of libraries, I found this classic shared just now by a friend of mine who is a university professor who should know better:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Speaking of libraries, I found this classic shared just now by a friend of mine who is a university professor who should know better:

I'm not gonna lie I had friends in middle school that would pass me notes in class that were exactly like this. They also would talk about how everyone else is obviously a POSER!! I wish I saved some of that poo poo because it would probably be extremely hilarious now. I think I burned it all after I was oh so tragically dumped by my middle school boyfriend so it's lost to the ages... :sigh:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Goon 1: Here's a post about obvious stdh! Hope you enjoy

Goon 2: Well, here's how this could actually have happened...

Every loving time.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Almost every stdh story could be something that happened, but like with that one if you start asking yourself questions like "why is this written down/who is it written to", "does this validate the beliefs of the person who posted it to an unusual degree", etc it's far more likely to assume it's like-farming and therefore stdh. That one's annoying i's dotted with hearts and the weird "oh poo poo I forgot i'm supposed to be a kid writing this" spelling/grammar errors should set off anyone's stdh alarms imho, even if there might be kids out there that hypothetically could have written something like it.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

kazil posted:

Goon 1: Here's a post about obvious stdh! Hope you enjoy

Goon 2: Well, here's how this could actually have happened...

Every loving time.

I know, but I love the process.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I've definately seen a child use a pen and paper before so I'm not willing to completely rule out that it happened.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I mean, that picture's been posted several times before and it always reminds me of me and my friends in middle school who thought we were badasses cause we listened to Green Day and dressed like Avril Lavigne (but we also hated her because she was such a fuckin poser!!). My handwriting sucked rear end as it still does, but some of my girl friends had super girly writing with hearts dotting the i's and used bright gel pens while they wrote notes, and probably diaries too, about how much they love ICP and Marilyn Manson and Slipknot or whatever. Previously I resisted the urge to share this experience but this time, this time I could hold it in no longer. I apologize, and it will not happen again.

Edit also I just realized the date on that diary entry (that's what it is, or is supposed to be by the way) is todays date so happy Possibly Fake Preteen Dead Kennedys Diary Entry Day, stdh thread!! Sept 26 never forget

Dixville has a new favorite as of 11:30 on Sep 26, 2018

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

NAR posted:

(I am sixteen. This is when marijuana is not yet legal in California. My stepdad, who is only a few years older than me, has been bullying me for his entertainment. The latest topic is my choice of hobbies; art is for children, videogames are evil, Dungeons & Dragons is for satanic losers, and Pokemon is for the, well, an ableist slur I’d rather not repeat, and so on. I bring up my complaints about this chronic harassment to my mother.)

Mom: *smoking a cigarette indoors, despite my severe asthma* “Well, it sounds to me like you need to get more mature hobbies.”

Me: *not surprised, just irritated* “First, how is that fair? He collects baseball cards, and I collect Pokemon cards. It’s basically the same thing! And second, more mature hobbies, like what?”

Mom: *snaps* “GROW THE F*** UP AND FIGURE IT OUT!”

(I am not exactly friends with good people, but my friends are better than blood. They and their parents help me get ahold of “mature” hobbies, with the plan to use it just for show. After spending a week away without notice, I return home to my mother with a very full backpack.)

Mom: *notices the dog acting weird about my backpack* “What’s in that?”

Me: *flops some very raunchy magazines out of the backpack, followed by a suspicious bag of green-brown herb balls and some unmarked pills* “You said you wanted me to grow up and get mature hobbies. So, now, I’m going to go find out what that woman can do with that horse while I’m getting stoned, because that’s what adults do. If I get bored of that, I’m going to raid your liquor cabinet. Is that ‘mature’ enough of a hobby for you? I can’t get my grades any ‘higher’ so I might as well get ‘high,’ too!”

(The cigarette falls out of my mom’s mouth. For once, she is silent. We stare at each other for what feels like several minutes before I repack my backpack and take it to my room and put a chair in front of my door. I toss the backpack out the window, where my friend is waiting, and she sneaks away so I can’t get caught having possession of it. I spend the afternoon playing video games until my mom knocks on my door, instead of just barging in like usual.)

Mom: “Uh, so, uh… You can play video games and stuff all you want. I’ll tell your stepdad to leave you alone.”

(Tragically, he didn’t leave me alone. But at least they stopped trying to force me to stop enjoying my own hobbies after that. I didn’t ever end up using any kind of illegal drugs.)

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

What a loving dweeb, good God.

Edit: if I have pick one thing out of that whirlwind of poo poo, I guess I'll go with the household pet acting like a highly trained police dog.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Hobbies include art, video games, pokemon, impotently whispering "gently caress you Steve, you're not even my real dad," and D&D.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

One wonders how old 'only a few years older than' 16 is supposed to be.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Yes, this absolutely makes me look cool and not like a pathetic pissy baby, I'm clearly clever and in the right here, yep, 100%.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Wow I hadn't seen that one before, it's amazing.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Ugh mooooom Steve is such an rear end in a top hat why does he have to live with us.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Also, PYF > stdh.txt > I can't get my grades any higher, so I might as well get high too!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Steve Harrington would never bully Will <:mad:>

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Close the thread, we're not topping this

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Zanzibar Ham posted:

One wonders how old 'only a few years older than' 16 is supposed to be.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Dwayne's not even my real dad!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
The text at the bottom... Why???

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Dixville posted:

The text at the bottom... Why???

So you know what was in the picture obviously

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Haha, what a cool and not at all obnoxious guy, I would love to have him in my classes, what a riot, holding my sides laughing at these antics

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!
Wow what a cool guy, to:
-interrupt class
-get angry at a different person interrupting class

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Seems like this person should devote more time to attending English class and less time skipping to smoke weed and feed these birds with a really long memory.

Seriously, he makes one wrong move they will never forgive him

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Or you end up with hopless addict birds breaking into your house sitting on the bust of lenore shouting “need to score!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

I'm pretty sure there's a horror story that starts like this but they start bringing him teeth and bones and more birds come and pretty soon he's getting hundreds of small human teeth and bones.