Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
this querns vs mittens ad probably has the best click through ratio lowtax has ever seen

if you want some chill stuff to do with chill & cool space d00ds hang out in the blackops_pub and luv4all jabber channels for pings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

nex posted:

this querns vs mittens ad probably has the best click through ratio lowtax has ever seen

yeah who knew the best way to reach people was a pack of bald-faced lies

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

:smugdon:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The horn of goondor is a real thing

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Not sure if there's some way the corp can profit (like an affiliate link through CCP), but GMG just put up a ~yuge~ EVE sale today

probably too late for this sale, but gmg does have an affiliate program if someone wants to go to the trouble of setting that up

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

Digi unironically telling people about his hanzo steel.txt

I will never log back in because I do not want to collect all my poo poo from across Deklein and Delve and then wait 4 weeks to jump my carrier 2 systems over because jump fatigue

I’m back so u should come too

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Not sure if there's some way the corp can profit (like an affiliate link through CCP), but GMG just put up a ~yuge~ EVE sale today - not sure how many PLEX is required to resub an account, though (I made sure to trim anything that looked like a referral ID out of both links): https://www.greenmangaming.com/titles/eve-online-titles/

EDIT: 500 for 30 days. So this seems to be the best deal since it'd give you two months plus multi-character training for ~$22: https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/eve-online-star-pack-pc/

When does this sale go until? I was just trying to figure out how I could get some gametime :mrgw:

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
Whatever happened to solo drakban?

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Can you sell multiple character training time (as a voucher or whatever) or is it account bound?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Kinetica posted:

Whatever happened to solo drakban?

Running GF.com was like a second job on top of the many jobs he already did - there were times when he had to put the site under professional-grade DDoS protection thanks to a friend of his who did enterprise IT for CBS. He actually logged in less than Mittens.

Firos posted:

Can you sell multiple character training time (as a voucher or whatever) or is it account bound?

Seems they're on sale in Jita for ~1.092b each, so that $22 GMG pack not only comes with two months of Omega (factoring in the PLEX it comes with), but seemingly ~2.2b in saleable items, too - which works out to ~660 PLEX, which is enough for a third month plus a healthy amount to mess around with. By extension, the $42.50 one is a worse deal, because it comes with three months of Omega, 1100 PLEX (good for two months + ~300m) and two MCTs (2.2b in Jita). I guess it'd be different if the more expensive pack came with more MCTs.

It also seems you can only buy one of each pack per account, which means you'd have to register under a new email to get a second.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Oct 2, 2018

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

You can also only redeem each pack once per eve account.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BIG HEADLINE posted:

but seemingly ~2.2b in saleable items, too - which works out to ~660 PLEX, which is enough for a third month plus a healthy amount to mess around with

Do not do this. Take that 2.2b and use it to make more isk! I bought one of these packs on sale for 50% off to get me started, I got about 3b of saleable items/plex out of it. This is not a lot of isk, you need a lot of money to become self sufficient in EVE.

If you invest that 2.2b on the market in a few months you will have enough isk that you do not need to pay for your account any more.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Running GF.com was like a second job on top of the many jobs he already did - there were times when he had to put the site under professional-grade DDoS protection thanks to a friend of his who did enterprise IT for CBS. He actually logged in less than Mittens.

Seems they're on sale in Jita for ~1.092b each, so that $22 GMG pack not only comes with two months of Omega (factoring in the PLEX it comes with), but seemingly ~2.2b in saleable items, too - which works out to ~660 PLEX, which is enough for a third month plus a healthy amount to mess around with. By extension, the $42.50 one is a worse deal, because it comes with three months of Omega, 1100 PLEX (good for two months + ~300m) and two MCTs (2.2b in Jita). I guess it'd be different if the more expensive pack came with more MCTs.

It also seems you can only buy one of each pack per account, which means you'd have to register under a new email to get a second.

I went ahead and bought this because I'd a) like some skill points and b) it seemed like really good value

I have one character with 9m SP and a new one with ~500k SP. I'm trying to figure out what the best course of action is, I really don't like my old character's name and I want to use my new one as my main, but the training time's killing me and I want to get into something that'll be useful for ops, even if it's a T1 tackler with T2 equips. should I:

a) sell any combo of the licenses/PLEX for skill extractors and use them on my other char
b) do the same as A but buy injectors off the market
c) do neither and sell the 500 plex and licenses for ISK and do whatever with that. i don't entirely mind putting off flying cool poo poo if i can focus on making mad spacebux in the mean time

I can post my old/new char's skills if needed.

Rhopunzel fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Oct 2, 2018

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rhopunzel posted:

I went ahead and bought this because I'd a) like some skill points and b) it seemed like really good value

I have one character with 9m SP and a new one with ~500k SP. I'm trying to figure out what the best course of action is, I really don't like my old character's name and I want to use my new one as my main, but the training time's killing me and I want to get into something that'll be useful for ops, even if it's a T1 tackler with T2 equips. should I:

a) use the extractors to transfer SP from my old to my main
b) sell the 500 plex and use those to buy skill injectors
c) do neither and sell the 500 plex and skill extractors for ISK and do whatever with that. i don't entirely mind putting off flying cool poo poo if i can focus on making mad spacebux in the mean time

I can post my old/new char's skills if needed.

Do not spend your money on space drugs! I will teach you how to be rich, you can get started with a little bit of money but the more you have the better. It grows exponentially, the more you have the better the opportunities you can take advantage of. Here is how you can get started:

This Dark Blood Thermal Hardener is selling for 7m, but you can buy one for 3.5m. Each time you get a hit on this you will make about 3m profit (after taxes). Thats not much, but it is basically free money and amounts to about 6 clicks worth of effort and a bit of patience. But how likely are you to actually get someone to sell you this? That is why you must look at the "Price History" screen. Notice that pretty much every day 10+ of this module are sold, and at least once a day someone dumps it for the Buy price. This means people have been making money trading this thing for the last 30 days, and you will too!

Why do I need lots of isk? That Dark Blood Thermal Hardener module is only worth a few million! Well, you won't make much money trading only one module! Like the Small Plasma Smartbomb II example above, there are many more solid things for someone with a small bank account to invest in. People are selling these for 150k, thats basically free! You are going to want to max out your orders, hit as many profitable modules as you can. The more buy orders you have on the market at once (in different commodities) the more money you make!

The market for stuff scales into the billions! There are many ships and modules that cost this much or more. You will not be able to invest in 20+ things that all cost 1b each if you only have a few billion in the bank :capitalism: There are traps though, this ship for example. Looks quite juicy, buys for 570m sell for 1.75b, that's a healthy profit! But look at the price history, no one has sold a Kronos at that price ever. You would be wasting your time.

But there is easy money to be had. Take a look at these ice harvesting "excavator" drones. Buy for 930m, and sell for 1.28b. That is a healthy profit, especially when you concider that someone selling "excavator" drones is often selling a play set of 5. If you have an extra 5b sitting around to leave on the market you can net a 1b isk profit for 6-10 clicks worth of effort, but you need the money to do it!

This has been a public service announcement. Please do not buy skill injectors or PLEX!

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Oct 2, 2018

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
I might need to start doing market stuff.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rutibex posted:

Do not spend your money on space drugs! I will teach you how to be rich, you can get started with a little bit of money but the more you have the better. It grows exponentially, the more you have the better the opportunities you can take advantage of. Here is how you can get started:

This Dark Blood Thermal Hardener is selling for 7m, but you can buy one for 3.5m. Each time you get a hit on this you will make about 3m profit (after taxes). Thats not much, but it is basically free money and amounts to about 6 clicks worth of effort and a bit of patience. But how likely are you to actually get someone to sell you this? That is why you must look at the "Price History" screen. Notice that pretty much every day 10+ of this module are sold, and at least once a day someone dumps it for the Buy price. This means people have been making money trading this thing for the last 30 days, and you will too!

Why do I need lots of isk? That Dark Blood Thermal Hardener module is only worth a few million! Well, you won't make much money trading only one module! Like the Small Plasma Smartbomb II example above, there are many more solid things for someone with a small bank account to invest in. People are selling these for 150k, thats basically free! You are going to want to max out your orders, hit as many profitable modules as you can. The more buy orders you have on the market at once (in different commodities) the more money you make!

The market for stuff scales into the billions! There are many ships and modules that cost this much or more. You will not be able to invest in 20+ things that all cost 1b each if you only have a few billion in the bank :capitalism: There are traps though, this ship for example. Looks quite juicy, buys for 570m sell for 1.75b, that's a healthy profit! But look at the price history, no one has sold a Kronos at that price ever. You would be wasting your time.

But there is easy money to be had. Take a look at these ice harvesting "excavator" drones. Buy for 930m, and sell for 1.28b. That is a healthy profit, especially when you concider that someone selling "excavator" drones is often selling a play set of 5. If you have an extra 5b sitting around to leave on the market you can net a 1b isk profit for 6-10 clicks worth of effort, but you need the money to do it!

This has been a public service announcement. Please do not buy skill injectors or PLEX!

I didn’t realize it was that easy

Did it used to be more annoying because people would outbid you every five seconds or is that pretty much jita only?

I definitely remember the more annoying part is fishing the bought items out of backwaters

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Did it used to be more annoying because people would outbid you every five seconds or is that pretty much jita only?

Oh there is going to be a healthy amount of that. But this is also an advantage of having lots of orders. When you have 200+ order up on the market at once you only need to update them once or twice a day. You will get out bid on a few items after 5min for sure, but you are casting a wide net and hitting stuff that maybe won't be updated for 20+ hours as well. Delve is much better than Jita.

As with all things the more you want to poop sock your orders the more you will make.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

the trick to getting 0.01 isked is to just let it happen

0.01 isking is competing for tiny little slices of market action using way the gently caress too much effort

much better to just trade cycles and catch big dumps instead and cast the net wide

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

CainFortea posted:

:smugdon:

:catholic:

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Rutibex posted:

whoa, that was really informative, thanks. so I can do this based out of 1DQ?

how do I sell the stuff I need for the capital to do this, and what should I sell exactly? the multiple pilot training licenses and the PLEX?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Rutibex posted:

Do not do this. Take that 2.2b and use it to make more isk! I bought one of these packs on sale for 50% off to get me started, I got about 3b of saleable items/plex out of it. This is not a lot of isk, you need a lot of money to become self sufficient in EVE.

If you invest that 2.2b on the market in a few months you will have enough isk that you do not need to pay for your account any more.

Do you do most of your trading in delve or jita?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dalael posted:

Do you do most of your trading in delve or jita?

Delve is much better than Jita, there is a lot less competition. There are some things is Delve that people sell to me and no one else, because I guess no one thought anyone would want to sell those things? I do no even need to update these orders, and they sit at a 95% profit margin yet people still sell the poo poo to me! :twisted:

The only thing worth trading in Jita is implants. There are dozens of 1b+ implants that have a very nice profit margin. You can't trade implants in Delve, there is not a big enough market for it. No one ever sell implants in Delve.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
What I used to do back in the day was, when we moved into an area i checked the market for most used ships/loadouts, filled my JF with them in jita, and then sold them there at a high markup.

It was great ISK for very little effort, I had to restock once a week or two and made ~2b each time for ~30 minutes of work and 10 minutes of logging in various cyno alts. Also, the more kills we had, the better my business was lmao.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Truga posted:

What I used to do back in the day was, when we moved into an area i checked the market for most used ships/loadouts, filled my JF with them in jita, and then sold them there at a high markup.

It was great ISK for very little effort, I had to restock once a week or two and made ~2b each time for ~30 minutes of work and 10 minutes of logging in various cyno alts. Also, the more kills we had, the better my business was lmao.

There is a trick to finding the best modules to trade. Go into the contracts and look for people selling pre-built doctrine ships! You can go down the loadout of these ships and hit "view market", it turns out that the modules used in doctrine ships are the ones that sell for the highest volume :downs:

Saves a lot of time hunting through the thousands of modules to find the good ones.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Rutibex posted:

There is a trick to finding the best modules to trade. Go into the contracts and look for people selling pre-built doctrine ships! You can go down the loadout of these ships and hit "view market", it turns out that the modules used in doctrine ships are the ones that sell for the highest volume :downs:

Saves a lot of time hunting through the thousands of modules to find the good ones.

there's also a whole subforum on goonfleet dot com where all the doctrine ships are listed with fits

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Oh yeah, also, shipping fuel to stations enemies are trying to escape from is hilariously profitable. You can fill a JF full of hydrogen isotopes, relist at 10x markup and it'll be gone in a couple hours :v:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
I think my biggest issue with trading, is I don't fully understand the tools provided to us by CCp. I look at these market graphs and the history and it confuses me so i tend to give up.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dalael posted:

I think my biggest issue with trading, is I don't fully understand the tools provided to us by CCp. I look at these market graphs and the history and it confuses me so i tend to give up.

Don't bother with the graphs, all that matters is the excel spreadsheet thing. Its dirt simple:

Date = The day all the trading happened
Orders = The number of transactions in the day (did people buy more than one at a time, like fighter drones for example you have high volume but only a few transactions per day)
Quantity = The raw number of the commodity sold that day
Low = The lowest price it sold for that day. If this price is the same as the "buy" price on the market it means people are dumping it and you can make money!
High = The highest price it sold for that day. Make sure this is not the same as the "buy" price. If it is than the market for this is collapsing!
Average = The average price of all sales that day. If this is closer to the "low" price people are fulfilling buy orders, if it is closer to the "high" price people are fulfilling sell orders.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Oct 2, 2018

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Now that the "Alt Corp - Application & Information" thread is locked, where can I go bitching and bribing to have butan pushed faster? :shepspends:

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

They must still be working on the dust replacement because I just got an email saying I can reserve my character name from dust for the new game.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

froody guy posted:

Now that the "Alt Corp - Application & Information" thread is locked, where can I go bitching and bribing to have butan pushed faster? :shepspends:

You could try a call out thread, I hear those work pretty well

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Rhopunzel posted:

what if i just really hate my old guys name :(

If it’s a 2006 you probably have a big rear end pile of unallocated sp from the destruction of learning skills. Suck up the bad name IMO.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

If it’s a 2006 you probably have a big rear end pile of unallocated sp from the destruction of learning skills. Suck up the bad name IMO.

I was wondering where i got 500k sp from

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Rhymenoserous posted:

Yeah, about 800k. Could someone help me figure out what to spend them on?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhopunzel posted:

I dumped all of mine into getting gallente BS V since i was still specc'd for Amarr BS and it seems those arent as popular anymore

what are you looking to do?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Rhopunzel posted:

Racial Titan, Doomsday Operation

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I dumped all of mine into getting gallente BS V since i was still specc'd for Amarr BS and it seems those arent as popular anymore

what are you looking to do?

Whatever’s most useful right now for ops that my character could quickly spec to. Iirc I was speccing for an amarr bs at the time because they were in vogue. I’m not at home right now but I think I’d mostly gotten there by the time I stopped

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Dictors are needed for every nulsec fleet

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Want to be part of an elite group who doesn't give a gently caress about killmails? Tired of just pressing F1? How do you feel about using more keys? How about F2 and F3? Do you even dare pressing F4?
It might be hard to believe, but if you join repswarm and spend you unallocated skillpoints into logistic, you might even sometimes use you F5 and F6 key. That's how elite we are.

if this isn't good enough for you, how about the knowledge of knowing you saved someone's ship? or knowing you didn't save someone's ship because he's a terrible poster?

Repswarm!

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Rhymenoserous posted:

Dictors are needed for every nulsec fleet

This came out after B-R

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

uwaeve posted:

This came out after B-R

this loses a point for not having "cause" also point at the rhea