Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Um, who the gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1-cL9NM6JY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

...what in the absolute gently caress was ALL of that?

There's so much to unpack here...holy poo poo.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Oh man, you guys haven't seen those Mickey Mouse shorts? They're pretty good.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

paradoxGentleman posted:

Oh man, you guys haven't seen those Mickey Mouse shorts? They're pretty good.

UM.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Yes?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
We're aware of the Mickey Mouse shorts, the topic at hand is whooo nelly this one.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Wash it away from your minds with this new Into The Spider-Verse trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg52up16eq0

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I can't handle everything about it. It's so amazing, it's spectacular even

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Yeah it's very web of

... wait

I loved the deformed spidey popsicle. :lol:

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

a disturbing amount of mid-2000 sitcoms

The gentler episodes of Everybody Loves Raymond all feature relationship and family destroying arguments with a laugh track incongruously placed in the background. No one loves each other, they can barely tolerate one another. The harsher episodes feature character's making bleak, hopeless revelations about their life with their existential despair being unresolved but brushed over by episodes end. Happiness is very rarely depicted. Instead, moments where a character should be happy usually trigger some sort of internal crisis. It's a mercilessly depressing vision of family.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Pick posted:

We're aware of the Mickey Mouse shorts, the topic at hand is whooo nelly this one.

Why, what's wrong with it?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

paradoxGentleman posted:

Why, what's wrong with it?

Probably the ending where Mickey and Minnie hosed inside Goofy after he vored them.

edit:
Just to focus back on that Spider-verse trailer again, a reminder that Nicolas Cage is voicing Spider-Man Noir.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

It was great that they got him to voice superman in the teen titans go movie.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

The MSJ posted:

Probably the ending where Mickey and Minnie hosed inside Goofy after he vored them.

Don't kinkshame.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

The MSJ posted:

Man this movie looks so loving good and I can't wait to see it.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

The MSJ posted:

I really do hope this makes enough mad bank to encourage people to experiment more. I feel like three quarters of mainstream media, including animation, are basically in the process of fossilizing and never experiment anymore.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Moon Atari posted:

The gentler episodes of Everybody Loves Raymond all feature relationship and family destroying arguments with a laugh track incongruously placed in the background. No one loves each other, they can barely tolerate one another. The harsher episodes feature character's making bleak, hopeless revelations about their life with their existential despair being unresolved but brushed over by episodes end. Happiness is very rarely depicted. Instead, moments where a character should be happy usually trigger some sort of internal crisis. It's a mercilessly depressing vision of family.

Yeah it's astounding how popular that show was given how relentlessly toxic all the relationships are, Raymond actively seems to hate spending time with his wife or his kids, his parents emotionally abuses him, and the mother tears down the wife, and the wife lashes out at everyone.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The “gently caress you, raymond” is the only good joke in Funny People and it might just be because thats about how much i hate that show

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I kink shame I do it every day especially to the French

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I always saw Raymond as a dark comedy, like Married with children.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Renoistic posted:

I always saw Raymond as a dark comedy, like Married with children.

Theres no explanation for why theyre all together. Married with Children had crushing debts and the possibility of real poverty to lash them together.

Raymond is just eternal punishment in a hell where the devil isnt real.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

The MSJ posted:

This looks amazing holy poo poo. I can’t say I was expecting the uh... other Spider-men that got introduced in this trailer

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Spider-folk, Spider-persons, Spider-Americans, People of Spider

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

At the very least I want them to greenlight a sequel already because it looks amazing. more persons of spider!

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I'm glad Spider-ham is making his movie debut

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
John Mulaney!

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Hah gently caress it's literally spider-pig. He does whatever a spider-pig does.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Queen Combat posted:

Hah gently caress it's literally spider-pig. He does whatever a spider-pig does.

Spider-Ham predates the Simpsons movie by 24 years.

Yes I'm going to post this in every thread where we're having this discussion :colbert:

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Spider-Ham predates the Simpsons movie by 24 years.

Yes I'm going to post this in every thread where we're having this discussion :colbert:

¿Porque no los dos?

Also I'm 30 not 54 so get out of here with your references old maaaaaan.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

ThermoPhysical posted:

Unfortunately, this probably won't do too well with Venom dropping this weekend.

Didn't Sony do Smallfoot? If so, they apparently didn't have much confidence in it.

That's actually an interesting question: Smallfoot is actually a joint project between Sony Pictures Imageworks and Warner Animation Group, in which Sony animators did the movie and the animation and the film gets released under Warner. As far as I can tell, it seems to be a genuine attempt by Warner to get away from endless LEGO pictures and back to the glory days comic cartooning that they enjoyed when Loony Tunes were a thing, and apparently they do so by giving Sony animators- who include some very good animators- the chance to get out of the thumb of the vile cancerous cesspool that is Sony corporate. Storks was actually a result of this weird relationship too- you know, that other surprisingly good film that was well reviewed but that you probably didn't catch until later- and darned if both of these films don't actually most resemble the slapstick rhythm of the Clampett and early Jones shorts. Really, really good imaginative use of physical comedy, married to fairly complicated plots with somewhat complex morals... my jam, in other words. (Even if I found Smallfoot to be a little more... consistent? Even? I don't really know the word, but it is more that than Storks, even if Storks does have higher highs, i.e. the wolves, and a complete and wholehearted endorsement of non-traditional families.)

As for how it'll do against Venom? ... I 'unno, actually. You're probably right that Venom will be the smasher this weekend (the minute I saw the "turd in the wind" thing, I knew it would make a bajillion dollars :sigh: I don't think'k I'll go, but some people do genuinely like that edgy bullshit and lots of others love a trainwreck), but maybe it'll have staying power.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Storks was awful.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

Pick posted:

Storks was awful.

???? I admit that it was too frenetic in places which strained the emotional connection and some jokes didn't really work... but what about it draws that response, exactly? It seemed cute and free of regressive messages to me!

(was it the birds with teeth? 'Cause I admit that weirds me out too...)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
No it’s just totally forgettable and nothing lands.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh wow, that Spider-Man trailer is perfect and just what I needed to see today. Can’t wait.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Pixeltendo posted:

I'm glad Spider-ham is making his movie debut

i almost lost my poo poo in the middle of a Starbucks hearing his voice

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

DC Murderverse posted:

i almost lost my poo poo in the middle of a Starbucks hearing his voice

”Ugh! This oughta be good!”

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Everything about the Spiderverse trailer is top notch. Been a while since i was genuinely excited about a major animated movie release.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Pick posted:

Storks was awful.

Pick posted:

No it’s just totally forgettable and nothing lands.

Man I don't agree at all. I'll defend Storks to the death. It's not gonna win any awards, but I thought the movie was really funny and the ending where all the babies get delivered is very sweet. I also enjoy the overall art style of the movie :shrug:

Also this joke murdered me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQYR852OkpA

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Oct 3, 2018

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

The MSJ posted:

This better lead to us getting more Spider-Ham

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Macaluso posted:

Man I don't agree at all. I'll defend Storks to the death. It's not gonna win any awards, but I thought the movie was really funny and the ending where all the babies get delivered is very sweet. I also enjoy the overall art style of the movie :shrug:

Also this joke murdered me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQYR852OkpA

I also liked Storks, felt like a very good (not great) movie and most of the jokes landed for me