Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Obstacles are the same too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Cool, thanks. It never occurred to me, even briefly, to throw anything away so I'm not concerned.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
What's the rarest XWing promo?
Someone was telling me they think it was the acrylic Conner nets. They were a top 16 prize for Nationals, but only were given out at a single Nationals because they changed the prizing midseason for the rest of them.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

canyoneer posted:

Someone was telling me they think it was the acrylic Conner nets. They were a top 16 prize for Nationals, but only were given out at a single Nationals because they changed the prizing midseason for the rest of them.

Coruscant Invitational Champion trophy.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

canyoneer posted:

The various Worlds top prizes I would assume.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

The lack of tokens did feel very strange following years of having a plano stuffed full of poo poo alongside bags of extras that were tempting to just throw in the garbage because holy gently caress. Now it's just a handful of cardboard ratting around and I too feel emptier inside.

It would be a good excuse to jump on on some fancy rear end acrylic stuff if I had any money left.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
Some of the old movie still alt arts are quite rare, especially Vader and Boba. The red mirrored acrylic disarm tokens are also surprisingly rare and fetch a pretty high price.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/ca/45/ca45cc77-776b-4a27-a4e2-72a4f493571b/x-wing_tournament_regulations_20_v2.pdf

Tournament regs are up.

edit:
Fortressing is illegal (!!!)
All the 1e tournament legal obstacles are legal in 2e.
Tokens and indicators are considered "non essential" components and can be third party as long as they are easy to distinguish for other players (e.g. charge tokens are visibly ON or OFF from across the table)
Half points on all ships is same as in 1e, triggering at damaging at least half of a ship's combined total of hull/shield, including upgrades.

canyoneer fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Oct 2, 2018

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Haha I love they put in the equivalent of “just use your first edition shield tokens” lol

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Looks like they dorked up the fortressing resolution verbiage? It looks like there's supposed to be two paragraphs, one for "the guy is indeed fortressing, is informed he is doing so, and fails to stop doing it (and loses immediately)" and another for when he's informed and then stops fortressing, but they copy-pasted the same blurb twice so we don't know what, if any, punishment there is for that.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

also you can still fortress as long as at least 1 ship isn't.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

overdesigned posted:

Looks like they dorked up the fortressing resolution verbiage? It looks like there's supposed to be two paragraphs, one for "the guy is indeed fortressing, is informed he is doing so, and fails to stop doing it (and loses immediately)" and another for when he's informed and then stops fortressing, but they copy-pasted the same blurb twice so we don't know what, if any, punishment there is for that.

: ffg : can't come soon enough.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

banned from Starbucks posted:

also you can still fortress as long as at least 1 ship isn't.

Verbage suggests that only self-bumps are fortressing also, which I'm sure will be the source of many disputes.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I’m happy fortressing is going away, but they need to clear up the rule. There have been a few times where I have caused all my ships to bump into each other in the middle of the table to cause my opponent to bump into me. Think triple jump masters .

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Raged posted:

I’m happy fortressing is going away, but they need to clear up the rule. There have been a few times where I have caused all my ships to bump into each other in the middle of the table to cause my opponent to bump into me. Think triple jump masters .

And that's not a problem unless literally none of your ships move for multiple rounds.

The list that I've played that did the most self-bumping was Incredible Bulk. And I think only one single game did NONE of my ships move for three rounds straight.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Raged posted:

Well according to the rules you have to go 2 full turns without moving for a judge to be called, and then you need to be set up to not move again to get in trouble, and THEN you need to not move for a 4th turn to actually get DQ'd. It even has a clause for "legal moves" so you can't get DQ'd for some sort of ion lock. You would have to really try to get a judge called, and then actively ignore their warning to get any disciplinary action.

This seems pretty safe, you have to be clearly fortressing in order to have this affect you. Just a full squad bump isn't gonna trigger it.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

LanceKing2200 posted:

Yeah according to the rules you have to go 2 full turns without moving for a judge to be called, and then you need to be set up to not move again to get in trouble, and THEN you need to not move for a 4th turn to actually get DQ'd. It even has a clause for "legal moves" so you can't get DQ'd for some sort of ion lock. You would have to really try to get a judge called, and then actively ignore their warning to get any disciplinary action.

This seems "working as intended" to me. It breaks the fortress, which is all the other player really wants to happen. And if someone's a dick and continues to fortress, kaboom!

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

LanceKing2200 posted:

: ffg : can't come soon enough.

:ffg: not good enough for ya?

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Tacopocalypse posted:

:ffg: not good enough for ya?

Not when we could have

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
Fine. You have two choices

or

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Tacopocalypse posted:

Fine. You have two choices

or

I vastly prefer the first one from a design standpoint, but the letters are too smooshed together. Can you increase the kerning, even if it means a slightly smaller font overall?

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

or

or

darkroot
Apr 11, 2012

Strikers Over Scarif
The top one with the bold lettering looks best, IMO.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

#1 or #3. No preference between them.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

#3, baby.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
So unless I'm mistaken as long as you have one ship that can alternate 0 stopping and bumping you can still fortress forever because the rules specifically state that all of a players ships have to overlap in order for it to be declared fortressing.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

lol too bad :ffgqa:

bye bye :20bux::10bux:

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

KongGeorgeVII posted:

So unless I'm mistaken as long as you have one ship that can alternate 0 stopping and bumping you can still fortress forever because the rules specifically state that all of a players ships have to overlap in order for it to be declared fortressing.

Which would mean the ship Lambda would be fine lol.

:ffgqa:

Raged fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Oct 3, 2018

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Yesssssss

:ffgqa:

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Raged posted:

Which would mean the ship Lambda would be fine lol.

:ffg:

It's all at the TO's discretion so he'll just DQ you anyway for trying to rules lawyer fortressing.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
ALL ships are half-point now? I.e. do two damage to a 0 shield/3 hull TIE/ln, and you get half points for it?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

TheCenturion posted:

ALL ships are half-point now? I.e. do two damage to a 0 shield/3 hull TIE/ln, and you get half points for it?

Yep

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

Ok, FFG has another thing to add to their list of things to fix. If you export your list to PDF from the FFG app, it claims that the threshold on a tie/ln is '2 health,' but the threshold on a y-wing is '4 health.' A tie/ln with 2 health shouldn't count for half points, because you haven't hit half shield+hull. A Y-wing with 4 hull should count, because you have hit half shield+hull.

Or, I'm misunderstanding things terribly.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I’m pretty sure the app is saying “deal two damage to this ship to get half points” not “this ship give half points when it only has two health left”

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

ConfusedUs posted:

I’m pretty sure the app is saying “deal two damage to this ship to get half points” not “this ship give half points when it only has two health left”

If so, that's awkward as gently caress on any ship that has shields.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

TheCenturion posted:

Only if you don't know how many shields a ship has.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

TheCenturion posted:

Basically look at its total health (hull + shields). You gotta make that ship suffer X damage combined against those two values to get half points.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I've no idea why they would choose to make the threshold damage taken and not health remaining. Like it's the same number in effect but one make perfect sense and other is stupid.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Aramoro posted:

I've no idea why they would choose to make the threshold damage taken and not health remaining. Like it's the same number in effect but one make perfect sense and other is stupid.

Red shield tokens and damage cards are the physical items on the table that you can count, health remaining is an abstract concept you can get to quickly, but only after you've counted them, so why not remove that extra step?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Hence why the shield tokens are reversible. Count up the red shields and damage cards, that's the damage dealt. Easy