Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Come the gently caress on Robyn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
were people trying to tweet obama for help too?

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Blast of Confetti posted:

were people trying to tweet obama for help too?

I would bet a finn they still do.

salisbury shake
Dec 27, 2011
lol imagine encouraging your wife to deport herself to "right the wrong she did"

https://twitter.com/DJasonRochester/status/1046957124142735360

quote:

My wife self-deported back to Mexico on January 9th of this year. She had come here illegally nearly 18 years ago. By self-deporting, she was hoping to right the wrong she did. July 20th we learned that our 5 year old son Ashton had a very large cancerous tumor in his kidney. He is now undergoing chemo treatments in Atlanta. We began the process of applying for an Expedited Humanitarian Parole and a Humanitarian Visa. We had assistance from Congresswoman Karen Handel's office and Senator Johnny Isakson's office. We have letters from the doctors stating the importance of having both parents to help in the healing process both emotionally and physically. Even though we did everything we knew to do, everything was denied by ICE. My son and I are American Citizens. You say that you want to protect Citizens from the illegals, but you forget that not all illegals are bad people. As Americans, my son, myself. as well as my family who is having to help me raise Ashton, are suffering because of the current immigration policies.

I am asking you to please help me bring my wife home so that my son can have his mommy with him as he is going through such a horrible time in his life. He doesn't understand why mommy hasn't come home yet. Not allowing my wife to come back to the United States is not protecting American Citizens, it is actually hurting some of them. I am sure that my family is not the only one being hurt by our immigration policies. It seems that ICE has no checks and balances under their complete discretionary powers (they are allowed to be judge, jury, and executioner). Americans have the rights to appeal any judgements against them; but ICE allows no appeals. Also, ICE doesn't seem to understand what "humanitarian" means...especially to a child needing his mommy. As a Trump supporter, I agree that our immigration laws need to be addressed. But, we need help right now. Please call me if possible to discuss this issue.

Thank You.

edit: I decided to compile these Tweets here, because they're amazing

salisbury shake has issued a correction as of 21:25 on Oct 2, 2018

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

salisbury shake posted:

lol imagine encouraging your wife to deport herself to "right the wrong she did"

It sucks that his son has to get cancer for the dad to learn his lesson. Although, I'm not sure if he is any more sympathetic to all those kids detained and separated from there parents by ICE. Would he still fall back on " if they didn't want to to be separated, they shouldn't have come here illegally."

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
the spouses of deported people in this thread always make me :psyduck:

OK, no, not anymore, now they just make me :smith:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

salisbury shake posted:

These stories are delicious, What did he think would happen when Trump got elected?

Trump was really straightforward on his "illegal" gotta catch them all campaign trail promises.

etalian has issued a correction as of 22:30 on Oct 2, 2018

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
lmao these fuckers betrayed their undocumented family members, no sympathy

i feel for the deported, but have nothing but contempt for their chud family members

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

salisbury shake posted:

Oh gently caress, that poor kid

he's gonna be raised by a chud

PostNouveau has issued a correction as of 21:28 on Oct 2, 2018

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
given the state of healthcare in the us he's probably not gonna be raised by anyone tbh

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

Oh gently caress, that poor kid

he's gonna be raised by a chud

he could also die of cancer

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Shear Modulus posted:

he could also die of cancer

:thejoke:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

etalian posted:

These stories delicious, What did he think would happen when Trump got elected?

Trump was really straightforward on his "illegal" gotta catch them all on hunt campaign trail promises.

They thought it was media spin and he never actually said that.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

or they just thought he was only going to get rid of the bad ones that were stealing all the healthcare and welfare and murdering the white women but would leave all the good ones that were working for them for peanuts

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
He heard Trump equate illegal immigrants with "bad hombres", but the immigrants he personally knows aren't bad folks, so of course Trump must have been talking about a different set of people. I mean, they wouldn't really deport good people, right? That wouldn't make sense at all if their goal was just to keep the country safe. So Trump obviously meant something else.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I'm sure deep down this guy blames Obama.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

wizzardstaff posted:

He heard Trump equate illegal immigrants with "bad hombres", but the immigrants he personally knows aren't bad folks, so of course Trump must have been talking about a different set of people. I mean, they wouldn't really deport good people, right? That wouldn't make sense at all if their goal was just to keep the country safe. So Trump obviously meant something else.

the ones he knows are polish temps he hires every year for mar a lago, or super rich fucks lol

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
remember that in their meltbrains it's never the ones they know and don't hate who are the bad ones, it's all those that they DON'T know who are bad. so naturally they're loving mystified and confused when the good ones they know are targeted

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
In Nazi Germany was there also a large contingent of Jews who supported Hitler because they thought he didn't mean it? Or is this an American idiocracy?

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

I vot for Trump

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

You mean to tell me there aren't as many "bad ones" as the Fox News heads tell me?!

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Thundercracker posted:

In Nazi Germany was there also a large contingent of Jews who supported Hitler because they thought he didn't mean it? Or is this an American idiocracy?

It'd explain Likud, tbh.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Thundercracker posted:

The beavis and butthead generation grew up and voted for trump.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Fried Watermelon posted:

You mean to tell me there aren't as many "bad ones" as the Fox News heads tell me?!

:psyboom:

yellowyams
Jan 15, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

that's twitter itself irrc. if the usrneme you type in is taken it suggests a unique name by just adding a bunch of numbers at the end (someone correct me if im wrong)

I think it only adds the number of people who already took that name, so either she was preceded by 43285052 nancygas or else it's probably a bot.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

nah it just adds a random number big enough that it probably won’t collide with another suggestion

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Thundercracker posted:

iirc there was a population that think they would be spared because they were "the good ones" (ex. WW1 vets that had their medals and honors stripped, the entirety of the manhattan project, etc)

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

Thundercracker posted:

I believe you're intending to recall Judenrat. For an interesting story, check this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaim_Rumkowski

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Lol imagine being Jewish in the middle of the German Reich in the 1930s and being all you know I think Hitler isn't that bad just lol

What an rear end in a top hat

Moridin920 has issued a correction as of 06:54 on Oct 3, 2018

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Moridin920 posted:

Lol imagine being Jewish in the middle of the German Reich in the 1930s and being all you know I think Hitler isn't that bad just lol

What an rear end in a top hat

No its more like being German, friends or family with Jews, and voting Hitler.
He wont take you guys, youre the good ones

These people will face no reprocussions for their actions

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

wizzardstaff posted:

Trump is always really short on details so people fill in the gaps for him.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

lmao these fuckers betrayed their undocumented family members, no sympathy

i feel for the deported, but have nothing but contempt for their chud family members

I've got a step further, unbridled molten rage at the guy who destroyed his family good and hard in the name of Trump.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Rigged Death Trap posted:

No its more like being German, friends or family with Jews, and voting Hitler.
He wont take you guys, youre the good ones

These people will face no reprocussions for their actions

Paul von Hindenburg: "Miss me yet? ;)"

HobbitGrease
Jul 24, 2001

Young Orc
lord's work right here

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Business Gorillas posted:

iirc there was a population that think they would be spared because they were "the good ones" (ex. WW1 vets that had their medals and honors stripped, the entirety of the manhattan project, etc)

the manhattan project was in america tho?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I'm guessing they mean the academics didn't realize they were going to be targeted too
Though those guys in particular saw which way the wind was blowing soon enough to get out.

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

the manhattan project was in america tho?

And the core was mostly based around press-ganging a couple of East coast physics and engineering departments.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

there were basically no Jewish Nazi sympathizer, only Jewish people trying to figure out what the appropriate degree of accommodation was re: things like Jewish councils in ghettos attempting to minimize deaths by working with the SS and the odd religious crank who felt the German state was making the wrath of God manifest upon the Jewish people for being insufficiently pious and breaking their covenant

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

however there were plenty of liberal urban Jewish Germans who didn't worry about the antisemitism up until the reclamation of the civil service because they were indistinguishable from "normal" Germans (totally integrated) and assumed the Nazis would confine themselves to targeting "the bad ones", ie the Eastern European Jewish migrants that had arrived in Germany quite recently, didn't speak the language, and stood out as a distinct and disliked demographic group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Frog Act posted:

there were basically no Jewish Nazi sympathizer, only Jewish people trying to figure out what the appropriate degree of accommodation was re: things like Jewish councils in ghettos attempting to minimize deaths by working with the SS and the odd religious crank who felt the German state was making the wrath of God manifest upon the Jewish people for being insufficiently pious and breaking their covenant

Also don't forget the Kapos.